As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Anybody still waiting on a WotLK beta key?

ArcoArco Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in PAX Archive
I know I've posted about this here before, so forgive the repetition. Blizzard is yanking me around on my beta key that I won at PAX. There's a bunch of other people in the same situation, not from PAX but with the cards that they were giving out.

I know other PAXers got these cards, too, and I was wondering if any of you had actually received your beta keys yet?

Like this, not like the gas station.
Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
Satellite Theater for life!
Arco on

• Options
    shugaraeshugarae Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    My husband won one, but when he asked if he could actually get the beta with the card, the blizzard guy pretty much said "you can try it, but no." The cards were leftovers from the WWI, and the time period for inputting the code from the card has long since expired.

We tried it, and indeed the answer was "no."

He was still thrilled about the Tyreal pet though :P

shugarae on
    Omeganaut class of '08. Fuck Peggle. Omeganaut class of '17 West. Fuck Rainbow Road.
    The Best in Terms of Pants on JCCC3
  • Options
    sobjwsobjw Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well, that is a wierd thing for them to give out, if only part of it works. How much longer does the beta even last? The game will be out in a couple of months, right?

sobjw on
    I live on a farm.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Shugarae -

There's a lot of people on the Blizzard forums right now who are waiting for the beta key from these cards to come in. It's taking a long time, for some reason, but all signs indicate that YES, you will be able to get into the beta. The person at Blizzard may have been trying to wave you away because of the awful process we're all going through to get these things to work.

As of right now I've gotten my EU beta key sent to me, but it has to be changed into a US beta key for it to work with US realms. That's not going to happen over the weekend (no billing people at work), but hopefully it will sometime next week.

So if your husband wants, he can get in the mix with the rest of us. We're putting quite a bit of pressure on Blizzard to deliver the goods.

Arco on
  • Options
    shugaraeshugarae Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Could you link me (or give me some directions) to where this is going down? He's still interested, of course XD

shugarae on
    Omeganaut class of '08. Fuck Peggle. Omeganaut class of '17 West. Fuck Rainbow Road.
    The Best in Terms of Pants on JCCC3
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    You should have your husband put the e-mail address he used to redeem the WWI code (if he has already) on this forum thread, then immediately edit the e-mail address out. The GMs and people in charge can still see it, and that's the idea behind editing it away:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=9023683582&sid=1

Also, there's ongoing discussion and updates from GMs at this thread. This is where we're all bitching and lobbying Blizzard to stop being douchebags:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=8402530710&sid=1

He'll also want to send an e-mail to wowbetabilling@blizzard.com with the following information:

something like "Hi, I obtained a WWI swag card as a prize at a trivia contest at Penny Arcade Expo, and I'd like my beta key."

account name for the account he'll play on
    e-mail address registered to that account
    e-mail address he used to redeem the WWI code (if different)
    the promo code from the WWI swag card
    the current region he plays on (US, most likely)

You won't get a response over the weekend, but you should get one Monday or Tuesday.

Arco on
This discussion has been closed.