As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Episode Two Goes Gold!

HH VladHH Vlad Registered User regular
edited October 2008 in Penny Arcade Games
In case you missed the news today:

Episode Two is gold and we are getting final preparations complete for launch. We will announce a date very soon but you will not have to wait much longer. Oh, and EP2, EP3 and EP4 are now priced at $15 (1200 points on 360) for all platforms. Links below with more details:

http://www.hotheadgames.com/blog/
http://www.playgreenhouse.com/game/HOTHG-000001-02/

To celebrate, we also have a contest starting:

http://www.rainslick.com/

Thanks for all your support, guys! I think you are going to love EP2--it turned out great!

HH Vlad on

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Awesome news on all fronts.

Oats on
  • Options
    treyh37treyh37 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    wonder when they will mention it on the mainpage, now if ep1 was 15 as well i'd likely grab them both at the same time, anyway good news all around

also i love the art gabe did for the spider

treyh37 on
    later
    trey
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So presumably this will be a simultaneous release on all formats? Can't wait!

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    sobjwsobjw Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    HH Vlad wrote: »
    Oh, and EP2, EP3 and EP4 are now priced at $15 (1200 points on 360) for all platforms.
    Wow, this is a bit of a suprise. While I would have gladly paid $20 per episode, I won't complain about the price drop. I imagine this will spur more sales, especially on the consoles.

sobjw on
    I live on a farm.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    We have always been saying under twenty to keep options open. We are not pricing scientists working hard to squeeze every dollar out of each customer ;) We felt the first game was well worth $20 so that is how we priced the title. A ton of you agreed but some wanted a better price. You are right in that the consoles don't exactly allow for sales or price drops the same as retail software so you have to pick a price you are happy with and stick to it. When we created this new game, we worked hard to listen to all of the feedback to improve the experience across the board and that included price. This new game is well worth $20 and had we launched at that price, many of you would have agreed but we did not think those people would complain with a lower price and we hope more people will give the game a try--we are proud of what we have created and I believe we are offering a great gaming experience with excellent value.

HH Vlad on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Willeth wrote: »
    So presumably this will be a simultaneous release on all formats? Can't wait!

Working on that! PS3 EP1 is done but needs to pass final testing. PS3 EP2 will come out after a sim-launch for Windows, Mac, Linux and 360. Greenhouse is day one and we will work on the other services as fast as we can but they all have their own schedules so partly this depends on their availability and resources as well as our own.

HH Vlad on
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I can't wait. After the PAX showing this is definitely going to be better than the first.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    this is fantastic, can't wait.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I can't wait. After the PAX showing this is definitely going to be better than the first.

Agreed, lots of fun stuff in the demo shown at PAX.

Any more info on that DeathSpank game? No gameplay shown but definitely has a good look to it.

sobjw on
    I live on a farm.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Nothing on DeathSpank yet! All I can say is that it is going extremely well. Our goal of "Monkey Island meets Diablo" will be achieved.

HH Vlad on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Nothing on DeathSpank yet! All I can say is that it is going extremely well. Our goal of "Monkey Island meets Diablo" will be achieved.

If you achieve this goal, then your secondary goal of "My money meets your bank accounts" will also be achieved.

sobjw on
    I live on a farm.
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Will ep2 be released on Steam at the same time as on Greenhouse? I was slightly annoyed when ep1 was released for something I was already using, with a feature not found in the version I bought.

Peewi on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I know it's not entirely up to you guys, but I can't wait for this to hit Steam.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Honestly, I prefer Greenhouse to Steam, if only because I hate things being in my system tray.

Oats on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Peewi wrote: »
    Will ep2 be released on Steam at the same time as on Greenhouse? I was slightly annoyed when ep1 was released for something I was already using, with a feature not found in the version I bought.

What this guy asked

Xaquin on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    It won't be the same time but we hope it will be very soon after. Again, people on the other services including Steam have to be available--it is not fire and forget. And even if they can accommodate, we can't. Especially with Steam, we have to add in special code and support and test back and forth with their system. I can guarantee our guys are going to be going hard right up until we flip the switch on GH with EP2. As you may or may not know, we are adding an Achievement system to Greenhouse and EP2 is the first game to launch with it. We will ensure we do a better job in communicating when the Steam version is coming once we announce our launch date for Greenhouse and 360. To top all this off, the primary controlling factor is when the 360 version launches which is not entirely under our control. Of course, if things go better than anticipated and things change, we will let you know that also.

HH Vlad on
  • Options
    SifakaSifaka Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So are we talking days, weeks, or month+ for release? I enjoyed the first game and looking forward to playing this one as well.

Sifaka on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Most likely weeks--If possible, less.

HH Vlad on
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So this may have been covered elsewhere - can I just import my character(s) from the first game or do I have to re-create them?

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    PatboyX wrote: »
    So this may have been covered elsewhere - can I just import my character(s) from the first game or do I have to re-create them?

It has been said in the past that you'll be able to import your saves from previous episodes.

Peewi on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Your character will be carried over but your skills will be reset (to a certain degree). Your overkill bonuses apply to weapons, not characters, so as you have new weapons they're also reset :(

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Congrats on the gold guys! Wish the timing was better, my Oct/Nov is starting to get full of really involved games!!

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    ChokeholdChokehold Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Most likely weeks--If possible, less.

I can't wait! D:
    And I'm just so anxious I can't help really but to ask if there's an update as to a release date, but..
    Let's do what we did last time!

How about a release date to the announcement of the release date?
    Who's with me?! \o/

-- EDIT
    Completely forgot, congrats on the gold! \o/

Chokehold on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Okay, how about we MAY say something about a release date as early as next week . . . .

HH Vlad on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Okay, how about we MAY say something about a release date as early as next week . . . .

Confirmed! Episode Two Out In May!

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Jubilations

I have waited patiently and with a slight accumulation of drool in the corner of my mouth for episode 2

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I was hoping I would wake up today and it would just be available on live.

PatboyX on
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I wouldn't mind seeing it launch over the Thanksgiving holiday- you're just going to sit there for a while after dinner, may as well have something to do...

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind seeing it launch over the Thanksgiving holiday- you're just going to sit there for a while after dinner, may as well have something to do...

Besides, you know, interacting with the family :lol:

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    What-ing with who?

PatboyX on
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    SG LukeSG Luke Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    That's awesome! Now stop posting and keep programming :)

SG Luke on
  • Options
    MistressKanaMistressKana Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Psh, who the hell needs family when there are giant fruit fuckers to chase down and elephant balls to look at? Get your priorities stright, buck-o =P

I'm personally hoping we get to episode three (at least) before I have to pop a baby out, at which point my existance as a gamer will be consumed and shit into a diaper >.<

MistressKana on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

The name had me intrigued, but the concept gives me shivers.
    In a good way.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Psh, who the hell needs family when there are giant fruit fuckers to chase down and elephant balls to look at? Get your priorities stright, buck-o =P

I'm personally hoping we get to episode three (at least) before I have to pop a baby out, at which point my existance as a gamer will be consumed and shit into a diaper >.<

I am an internet superstar.

Elephant balls are not new to me, infact they have lost the majesty they once held. God damn internet.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    MistressKanaMistressKana Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    0.o

Well, um...if you've had your fill of elephant balls, there's always giant hat spiders to punch. I guess.

MistressKana on