As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC save file location

wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done?Registered User regular
edited October 2008 in Penny Arcade Games
Hey, my windows install is pretty much fucked, and I'm looking to do a format, but before I do, I want to try to salvage the savegame file for episode 1 since I know it carries over. Where is the save file located on windows, and if I just re-install ep 1 and replace the save file will the game be able to see it?

I can get by without a format until after I play episode 2 but then I'll run into the same problem if I want to carry my character over to ep3 as well, so I'm hoping there's a way to, um, save the save file.

Thanks.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
wunderbar on

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    anyone?

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    HH VladHH Vlad Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Crap, I am on my Mac ;) Let me dig up info from the Greenhouse FAQ on the game . . .

XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name Here\Local Settings\Application Data\HotheadGames\RainSlickEp1

Vista:
    C:\Users\Your User Name Here\Appdata\Local\HotheadGames\RainSlickEp1

HH Vlad on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    HH Vlad wrote: »
    Crap, I am on my Mac ;) Let me dig up info from the Greenhouse FAQ on the game . . .

XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name Here\Local Settings\Application Data\HotheadGames\RainSlickEp1

Vista:
    C:\Users\Your User Name Here\Appdata\Local\HotheadGames\RainSlickEp1

Thanks so much! Now I have my saturday afternoon planned =/

wunderbar on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    oh fuck a duck, I just realized that I've re-installed windows since beating the game the first time. well, I guess that just means I have to replay it before wednesday.

wunderbar on
  • Options
    ChokeholdChokehold Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    wunderbar wrote: »
    oh fuck a duck, I just realized that I've re-installed windows since beating the game the first time. well, I guess that just means I have to replay it before wednesday.

That doesn't really take too much time anyway.
    I had a Windows crash the other month and didn't think to keep my savegames.
    However, it took me about an afternoon to play through episode 1, if you know where to get everything and what to do etc.

You have 48 hours, so you better get to it. ^^

Chokehold on
  • Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Same thing happened to me. :(

With Dead Space, Fallout 3, Fable II I don't know when I'll get back to playing the first one again. :'(

But I REALLY want DIV.

DrunkMc on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    DrunkMc wrote: »

Same thing happened to me. :(

With Dead Space, Fallout 3, Fable II I don't know when I'll get back to playing the first one again. :'(

But I REALLY want DIV.

I honestly did a speed run in under 4 hours. If you don't have to read the mountains of text the game is actually only 3-4 hours long.

wunderbar on