As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How do you set up an ipod as disk drive?

projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Games and Technology
That about says it all.

I looked around apples site and I must just be blind because I can't find it at all.

Thanks.

Also, nextwave agents of hate is more win than anything.

projectmayhem on

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    There should be an option called "Enable Disk Use" under the Summary screen in iTunes after you plug your iPod in.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Once I do that, is there a way to see what folders my music is in?

I am getting a error whenever i try yo upload music that says, the required folder can not be found.

So, I am thinking the folders in the ipod might be messed up

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    FaceballMcDougalFaceballMcDougal Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    just reset your ipod to factory

FaceballMcDougal on
    xbl/psn/steam: jabbertrack
  • Options
    The CheeseThe Cheese Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Windows or OSX? You have to enable hidden folders and then you'll see the one called ipod_control. Your music is in there.

The Cheese on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    just reset your ipod to factory
    Ive tried all the resetting and restoring and millions of other things.

I am using windows. How do i enable show hidden folders?

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm not on a windows machine, but go to tools, then folder options, IIRC. It should be a checkbox under there.

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • Options
    GlorfindelGlorfindel Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Once I do that, is there a way to see what folders my music is in?

I am getting a error whenever i try yo upload music that says, the required folder can not be found.

So, I am thinking the folders in the ipod might be messed up

Are you talking about whenever you plug your iPod in, it can't put music on there? Because if so, maybe you have moved/deleted/renamed/etc some of your music folders. If that is the case, you will have to re-add some of your music I think.

Glorfindel on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Thats one of the odd things. I dont touch my music folders. I rip it and leave it where it is.

I was on the phone with apple support for about 3 hours yesterday and we couldnt figure anything out. I was hoping to able to find out what was wrong so i wouldnt have to send it, however, that looks like the only way it will get fixed.

Thanks for the help though.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    It depends on the model, but with mine the procedure is as follows. ( I have a gen 1 mini). Hold The center and play / pause until it resets, and then hold the center and menu until it resets again (The apple will disappear and then reappear). It will be in disc mode then and you can plug it into your pc. I found the information on how to do this on the rockbox website in the docs for installing a custom bios.

stigweard on