As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Idea for Awesome Posts forum

Goose!Goose! That's me, honeyShow me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
I don't know exactly how doable this is, but it might make things in the Awesome forum a whole lot better:

Is the an option to have threads "waiting for moderation?" As in, hiding new threads until a mod approves them? I'm not suggesting that a mod goes and meticulously combs through every reported post to find one worth approving. But if there is that option, I think it would be a good idea if it were turned on for the awesome posts forum and then whenever a mod or admin is bored they can stumble through there and see if there's anything worth approving to the general public. If this could come with a function that prunes the posts after, say, a week of sitting there...I think it would solve the problem of guys (like me) who suck at reporting awesome posts.

Just a horrible idea I thought I'd throw out there and I didn't know where else to put it.

Goose! on

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2008
    This is a bad idea because El Jeffe reports awful posts all the time

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    This seems like it would add additional work for the moderators for no real reason. Erroneously reported Awesome Posts aren't hurting anything except the ego of the reporter once he is rudely awakened to his mistake, and the infraction system would seem to be sufficient to handle intentional abuse.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    If they're too busy to do it then they're too busy to do it, no new posts show up, that's not exactly terrible.

Goose! on
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    If a terrible post is reported, people will give the reporter shit for it and it will sink to the bottom of the forum. No need to overcomplicate things.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    And really, shitting on un-awesome posts that are reported for awesome is something that brings the forum together as a family. Like ripping on relatives when they're out of earshot, or drawing on the uncle who had a few too many eggnogs at christmas.

see317 on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    forumers already approve or disapprove the reported posts in there with the thread ratings, bucko

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Goose! wrote: »
    If they're too busy to do it then they're too busy to do it, no new posts show up, that's not exactly terrible.
    Except then awesome posts don't get reported.

I'd suggest that if you're not certain if a post is awesome, you not report it for awesome.

Quid on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    But then, there is no accounting for taste...

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I don't know exactly how doable this is, but it might make things in the Awesome forum a whole lot better:

Is the an option to have threads "waiting for moderation?" As in, hiding new threads until a mod approves them? I'm not suggesting that a mod goes and meticulously combs through every reported post to find one worth approving. But if there is that option, I think it would be a good idea if it were turned on for the awesome posts forum and then whenever a mod or admin is bored they can stumble through there and see if there's anything worth approving to the general public. If this could come with a function that prunes the posts after, say, a week of sitting there...I think it would solve the problem of guys (like me) who suck at reporting awesome posts.

Just a horrible idea I thought I'd throw out there and I didn't know where else to put it.

Not a good idea at all. For one thing, half the moderators have fuck-awful taste. For another, that kind of defeats the purpose of the forum and the rating system.

Is it really that difficult to just rate awful posts low and then skip over them?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Uh

And is it "exactly terrible" to have a few "awful" posts show up in the Awesome Posts forum? Why create more work for the mods and why make it so we only get things filtered through their abominable tastes?

Drez on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Not to say they ALL have bad taste. Just some of them.

Drez on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sounds to me like Goose is butt-hurt over the reaming he got over his poor taste and wants to prevent other tasteless saps from going through what he's been.

Trust us Goose, this will only make you, and future yous, stronger.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2008
    Hello, I am a solution. Has anyone seen any problems around here?

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2008
    Also the posts I report are the best posts. I can't help it if you plebes lack the necessary sophistication to appreciate them.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Also the posts I report are the best posts. I can't help it if you plebes lack the necessary sophistication to appreciate them.

Perhaps if we bought then a grape?

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me