As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] Noob question thread.

DrawbackDrawback Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in MMO Extravaganza
I'm interested in starting playing WoW(crack).

I'd like to know if I should buy the WotLK expansion right from the start.

I'm a total noob in MMOs, so any pointers for a starting player are appreciated...

Drawback on

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You won't need WotLK until 55 (to play a Death Knight), or 68 (getting to new content).

Neurotika on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Buy the Battlechest if you'd like to play as a squidface or blood elf, then Wrath once you can make use of it.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    DrawbackDrawback Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So, no new classes/races available only in the expansions?

Drawback on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Blood Elves and Draenei become available once you buy The Burning Crusade, and the Death Knight becomes available once you buy the Wrath of the Lich King, but you need a pre-existing level 55 character to unlock the class.

reVerse on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Two new race were introduced in the first expansion, but the only new class was Death Kngiht, introduced in WotLK, and you need a Level 55 character to access them.

Have you played the free trial yet? I *think* the trial will allow you to start as the two "new" races (Draenei and Blood Elves) now.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    slurpeepoopslurpeepoop Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This may sound a lot like a flock of vultures hovering over a dying person in the desert, but if you want to start playing, you can have someone who is already playing send you an invite which gets you the 10 day trial.

Beneifts include:

- If you happen to run around with the other player's character, and your character is + or - 4 levels of theirs, you both get triple xp on everything. Not just monster kills, but quest rewards, which that alone is worth its weight in gold. This alone can get you from 1 to 60 in a single day.

- You both can summon each other's characters from anywhere in the world.

- Once you actually spend money on buying the game, the account that sent you an invite gets a free month of WoW. If you pay for 2 months, the original account gets a free zebra mount to ride around on.

Other benefits include having insta-friends, a potential guild invite, and someone with experience that will be happy to help you out and get you acquainted with Azeroth.

Don't waste the potential, man. God killing kittens, etc....

slurpeepoop on
  • Options
    OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Two new race were introduced in the first expansion, but the only new class was Death Kngiht, introduced in WotLK, and you need a Level 55 character to access them.

Have you played the free trial yet? I *think* the trial will allow you to start as the two "new" races (Draenei and Blood Elves) now.

it doesn't

OSUJumpMan on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2008
This discussion has been closed.