As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Buying Complete Sets?

Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
edited February 2009 in Graphic Violence
Figured I would post this here instead of H/A.

I'm looking for a Wedding Present for my Best Friend (I'm the Best Man) and I'm thinking of getting him/them the complete run of the 1997 Deadpool Series. (Both him and I are really into Deadpool and she loves comics)

Problem is, I have no idea how I can go about buying this or how much it would cost me. I have until May to get it together, so I would prefer to buy it all at once or as much at once as possible. I've been searching eBay for few weeks and haven't turned up much but expensive single issues ($10 an issue is insane.)

What say you GV? What's the best way to collect them all?

Sharp101 on

• Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    ebay?

KVW on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, I haven't had any luck on eBay. I only see one or two people selling individual NM+ issues at $9 or more. At 69 issues, that doesn't seem feasible. I remember months ago seeing almost complete sets for $200-$300, that' more within my price range.

I just don't want to have to keep watch on ebay for 3 months to find a decent set. I'm asking about possibilities other than ebay. :)

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Milehighcomics.com has some decent prices for their backissues. I haven't looked at Deadpool specifically. They usually run sales, though, so I'd sign up for their newsletter. If you're around a comic-con, you should check that out too. One I went to last year (Detroit Comic Con) had a vendor who was selling long boxes full of back issues for $50. I picked up about 75% of the Wally West Flash run.

edit: wow, just checked out mile high for that comic. Terrible prices and almost 0 stock. Forget them.

2nd edit:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/DEADPOOL-1-40-FIRST-40-ISSUES-OF-DEADPOOL_W0QQitemZ290295281274QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item290295281274&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A2%7C294%3A50

Also, be careful with ebay lots, a lot of times they'll say DEADPOOL 1-55 and then in the descrip it'll be like number 8, number 25, and number 51.

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Ah, awesome. Thanks for that!

I actually found someone local on Criagslist that's selling me the whole run for $150 CAD!

The stars aligned on this one, he was the only one that came up in the search and he posted the ad this morning.

Thanks for the help!

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ah balls, I was going to say that my dad might be willing to part with his...

Ah well though, he probably wouldn't want to give it up this quickly. However, anyone interested in ROM Spaceknight might be in luck soon.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ooh!

Wildcat on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Mycomicshop.com usually has better inventory and better prices than Mile High.

DouglasDanger on