As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Freeplay room(s): fighting game tournament?

cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm RegentBears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
edited February 2009 in PAX Archive
So anyone who was hanging out in Room, oh, 212 last year might have noticed that a good dozen of us had set up a practical fighting game section. Dreamcast, PC, PS2, whatever.

We had a whole ton of games on hand. Rival Schools, Last Blade, Garou, Guilty Gear, even Melty Blood, if I recall.

Since I'm sure this'll happen again this year(as I guarantee my Dreamcast is coming with me), is there any interest for running a tournament?

I'm sure we can make more solid plans closer to PAX time, like a meeting time or something of the like.

I'd be more interested in participating than organizing, but I could do the latter if it comes to that.

Ideally, we'd probably focus on older/niche fighters, since I'm sure there'll be no shortage of people playing SFIV, Soul Calibur, etc.

wVEsyIc.png
cj iwakura on

• Options
    PlaneGuyPlaneGuy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    So anyone who was hanging out in Room, oh, 212 last year might have noticed that a good dozen of us had set up a practical fighting game section. Dreamcast, PC, PS2, whatever.

We had a whole ton of games on hand. Rival Schools, Last Blade, Garou, Guilty Gear, even Melty Blood, if I recall.

Since I'm sure this'll happen again this year(as I guarantee my Dreamcast is coming with me), is there any interest for running a tournament?

I'm sure we can make more solid plans closer to PAX time, like a meeting time or something of the like.

I'd be more interested in participating than organizing, but I could do the latter if it comes to that.

Ideally, we'd probably focus on older/niche fighters, since I'm sure there'll be no shortage of people playing SFIV, Soul Calibur, etc.

I can't organize anything, but I can certainly express interest. I know it won't take too much of my time since my newbie scrub ass will be out on the first round, but I'd give it a shot :)

I actually missed the consoles last year (dunno why I didn't go in there). I'll keep an eye out this time around.

PlaneGuy on
This discussion has been closed.