Options

Glynnis Talken Campbell (Kerrigan) will not reprise role in Starcraft II

crazy.Ivan.77crazy.Ivan.77 Registered User new member
edited February 2009 in Games and Technology
Despite appearing in the Kerrigan reveal trailer shown at BlizzCon 2008, Glynnis Talken Campbell, the original voice of StarCraft's Queen of Blades, will not be voicing the character in StarCraft II.

Campbell said, "Well, it just figures, doesn't it? Blizzard just gave me my Dear John phone call. Basically, it was "We can still be friends—we just don't want to see you anymore." Ha ha! Ah well...that's showbiz. Anyway, thank you for a wonderful and touching article—it's a great going away present, and I'll cherish it."

Link

This is terrible!!!

First they change the voice of Raynor, and now this. This isn't Starcraft 2. Its a spin off with all new actors.

There's this petition to try and get blizzard to change it's mind. Link

crazy.Ivan.77 on

• Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    That sucks. The voice they used for the Zerg reveal trailer was terrible and hers in the Blizzcon video was much better.

Lemming on
  • Options
    FoodFood Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I don't care at all. It really doesn't bother me in the least bit. I fully do not give a shit.

Food on
  • Options
    DangeriskDangerisk Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I don't mind too much, but I've read Glynnis's interviews on Diablo / Starcraft and she seems like a nice person so too bad I guess.

And here's the link to the original article that Glynnis is talking about instead of dumb Kotaku
    http://www.sclegacy.com/content/editorials-8/the-voices-of-starcraft-ii-131/

Dangerisk on
    If what you say is true, the Shaolin and the Wu-Tang could be DANGERISK.
  • Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Does this really change much things? I mean...the voices? In Starcraft? Yeah I dont know for some reason I cant see this as being so life-changing or game-changing.

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    I will never be ceased to be amazed that people still think online petitions do anything.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ZealotZealot Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ehhhh?

Sad and strange. Not going to sign that petition though.

Zealot on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Wave of Apathy crits you for 9001 damage.
    You don't care.

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    This sure seems like a worthwhile thread.

This is the saddest thing to have happened in the industry since Iron Lore went out of business.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    Dareth RamDareth Ram regular
    edited February 2009
    I have to say 'So?'

If this concerns you, maybe you should take a step back?

Dareth Ram on
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well, I liked her voice in the original. Oh well...

Marikir on
    steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    EriicEriic Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    More importantly, it has come to my attention that Heath Ledger will not be reprising his role as The Joker in the next Batman movie. I find this outrageous, and I think something needs to be done about it.

Eriic on
    ^gerber rep ◕ ◡ ◕ nerdy.us | last.fm | XBL: e5x
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Dareth Ram wrote: »
    I have to say 'So?'

If this concerns you, maybe you should take a step back?
    This is worse than the time Relic revoiced Taldeer. How do you people sleep at night?

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FoodFood Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Something just hit me. Why are they dropping all these voice actors? Obviously because Blizzard is swapping all the models and textures and turning this into a WoW expansion! They have betrayed the hardcore! Just like Nintendo!

Food on
  • Options
    ObsObs __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Like, they better be doing this because Kerrigan's character has turned into like a cerebrate or something and is not even human-like anymore.

Obs on
  • Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

ahaahahahahahahaaaahaha

gtrmp on
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I kinda stopped caring about SC2 when it turned into a segmented clone of the original with better graphics.

Call me silly.

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Worst serious OP '09, cast your votes now.

I never like it when actors/voice actors change, but that's Hollywood! 8-)

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I do wonder what's up with blizzard and voice actors recently. Other than their in-house ones (who vary wildly in quality), they can't seem to hold on to anyone.

Are these completely unrelated and bizarre coincedinces, some kind of policy change, personal disputes... what?

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Blizzard Suit: "Shit. Now we have to get her back."

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It could be worse. They could be using the same voice actress but giving her a different character.

lee_van_cleef.jpg

Angeleyescleef.jpg

Well this new villain certainly looks a lot like our bestest pal from the last movie.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    StreltsyStreltsy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    I kinda stopped caring about SC2 when it turned into a segmented clone of the original with better graphics.

Call me silly.

I kinda stopped caring about DoW 2 when I played the beta and it turned out to be a horrible game.

Call me silly, because the thread has nothing to do with DoW 2, kind of like your post has nothing to do with the OP.

---

Anyways, about Kerrigan, it sucks but I'm not entirely sure it's thread worthy. The only real thing to discuss here is why they did it, petitions are not going to change anybodies decision.

Streltsy on
    410239-1.png
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm making jerk off motions and rolling my eyes in the general direction of everybody who gives a rat's ass about this.

Christ, VAs don't reprise 11 year old roles. Whoopie fucking doo.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    If I hadn't read the thread title, hell if it didn't say in parentheses who this actor voiced, there's absolutely zero chance I'd ever have noticed.

There's still zero chance I'll care.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Streltsy wrote: »

Call me silly.

I kinda stopped caring about DoW 2 when I played the beta and it turned out to be a horrible game.

Call me silly, because the thread has nothing to do with DoW 2, kind of like your post has nothing to do with the OP.

What's that to do with DoW2 now? Did he hurt your feelings when he stated his opinion on the game the thread's about?

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    Goomba wrote: »
    I will never be ceased to be amazed that people still think online petitions do anything.

http://www.petitiononline.com/GENETRAN/petition.html

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Call me silly.

What's that to do with DoW2 now? Did he hurt your feelings when he stated his opinion on the game the thread's about?

I have a WH40k avatar, so the fanboy automatically assumed my comment had to do with DoW 2.

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    'Call me silly, but my post has nothing to do with yours, kind of like yours had nothing to do with the OP.'

That make it clear for you chief?

Streltsy on
    410239-1.png
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Call me silly.

I have a WH40k avatar, so the fanboy automatically assumed my comment had to do with DoW 2.

I have a no fuck you avatar so you automatically assumed my Dawn of War 2 sucked and you suck and it has to do with DoW 2 sucking.

It's kinda too bad she's not reprising, and Raynor. I always liked their voices. But I mean, 11 years is a long time so what can you do?

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Arkan wrote: »
    I do wonder what's up with blizzard and voice actors recently. Other than their in-house ones (who vary wildly in quality), they can't seem to hold on to anyone.
    They seem to be holding onto Cam Clarke just fine.

Unfortunately :x

-SPI- on
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Arkan wrote: »
    They seem to be holding onto Cam Clarke just fine.

Unfortunately :x

He makes a great Blood Elf.
    Sadly, he makes an awful dragon deity.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    yurnamehereyurnamehere Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Call me silly.

I have a no fuck you avatar so you automatically assumed my Dawn of War 2 sucked and you suck and it has to do with DoW 2 sucking.

It's kinda too bad she's not reprising, and Raynor. I always liked their voices. But I mean, 11 years is a long time so what can you do?

I got the impression from an earlier quote that she'd be willing to do it if asked.

So, what you can do is ask.

yurnamehere on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    'Call me silly, but my post has nothing to do with yours, kind of like yours had nothing to do with the OP.'

That make it clear for you chief?

Not really, princess. But I don't want to get in the way of your rabid defensiveness or anything so I will offer this:

The petition, unless overwhelmingly amazingly successful, won't change a thing. That's generally how it works. Wonder why they made the change though.

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Not really, princess.

Are you really that dense or are you just playing dumb because you felt like taking a dump and there was no more space in the DoW2 thread?

Streltsy on
    410239-1.png
  • Options
    DangeriskDangerisk Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    For all this talk of how shitty this thread is, you two guys are pretty good at making it fucking awful.

Let it go jesus.

Dangerisk on
    If what you say is true, the Shaolin and the Wu-Tang could be DANGERISK.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Not really, princess.

Are you really that dense or are you just playing dumb because you felt like taking a dump and there was no more space in the DoW2 thread?

I still love you, even though we sleep in different beds now.

:whistle:

Apologies for thread derailment, lads. Carry on.

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Dangerisk wrote: »
    For all this talk of how shitty this thread is, you two guys are pretty good at making it fucking awful.

Let it go jesus.

Thread was already shit by post 3 anyway, I just sort of get tired of those types of posts.

Lanrutcon, could have singled out two other posters from first page for what it's worth.

G'day sir.

Streltsy on
    410239-1.png