As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich

chknsandwichchknsandwich Registered User regular
edited March 2009 in Debate and/or Discourse
Please help settle a debate:
Did wendy's change the spicy chicken sandwich meat after 2002-2003?

Background:
I used to love wendy's #6 (spicy chicken sandwich). I quit eating them several years ago because I believe they changed the chicken they used. I believe it used to be nice piece of juicy breast meat. Now it seems that it is a thin piece of overcooked, dry chicken. I believe this change took place in 2003 (shortly after the death of dave thomas). My friend seems to think it is the same, although he admits that in the past "sometimes you would get a thick piece of meat".

EDIT: This is the exact opposite or a marketing ploy. I hate, hate, HATE the spicy chicken sandwich now. The chik-fil-a comment is dead on. I believe it used to be that type of chicken (nice and big), not the thin crap they put on it now. I was hoping someone could confirm that they did in fact change the chicken

chknsandwich on

• Options
    Richard_DastardlyRichard_Dastardly Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The chicken used to be pretty close in quality to Chick-fil-et. Now it's about McDonalds quality... really fatty and disgusting.

I'm so sad now that I have to think of that again...

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This is more of a Help Thread.

Anyway, I used to love these sandwiches before I became a vegan, and I don't recall any changes predating 2004, when I stopped eating.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    If this is a marketing ploy I have to admit it's working; I kinda want one of those now, and I just had lunch.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    KaputaKaputa Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    KalTorak wrote: »
    If this is a marketing ploy I have to admit it's working; I kinda want one of those now, and I just had lunch.
    Yeah, seriously. Since his name is "chknsandwich" I find that pretty likely, but I do lust for some fast food now. Maybe I'll go to burger king out of spite.

Kaputa on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Kaputa wrote: »
    Yeah, seriously. Since his name is "chknsandwich" I find that pretty likely, but I do lust for some fast food now. Maybe I'll go to burger king out of spite.

I feel so stupid now.

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I haven't eaten a Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich since I was 13 and it gave my mom and myself terrible food poisoning. I've never felt as sick as I did on those two days and never wish to again. So thanks Wendy's for nearly killing me and my mom.

Invisible on
  • Options
    chknsandwichchknsandwich Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This is the exact opposite or a marketing ploy. I hate, hate, HATE the spicy chicken sandwich now. The chik-fil-a comment is dead on. I believe it used to be that type of chicken (nice and big), not the thin crap they put on it now.

chknsandwich on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2009
    I want one also, but Wendy's is a few miles from me and I am sans automobile. Hey, mouthpiece for Wendy's: more locations in 19148, stat.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    I want one also, but Wendy's is a few miles from me and I am sans automobile. Hey, mouthpiece for Wendy's: more locations in 19148, stat.

Dude, a shill for Wendy's wouldn't talk about Wendy's food sucking.

He's obviously a shill for Chic-fil-et. And to that I say: DUDE. KEEP THAT SHIT OPEN ON SUNDAYS. k thnks.

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Options
    archonwarparchonwarp Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Organichu wrote: »

Dude, a shill for Wendy's wouldn't talk about Wendy's food sucking.

He's obviously a shill for Chic-fil-et. And to that I say: DUDE. KEEP THAT SHIT OPEN ON SUNDAYS. k thnks.

This! God wants his people to be happy and have delicious food on Sundays!

archonwarp on
    873342-1.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2009
    There actually is a Chic-fil-et near me, next to Best Buy... but it's in a really accessible car area, not a walking area. Like, it's right off the entrance to i-95 without any real walkways for pedestrians.

This is probably for the best, though, so I won't die young.

Organichu on
  • Options
    HF-kunHF-kun __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    I never had or heard of Chick-fil-A before I moved down South, now I can't get enough of it. Damn is that shit so fucking good.

HF-kun on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Did anyone else think it was pronounced "Chick-feel-ah"?

KalTorak on
  • Options
    thanimationsthanimations Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The real answer here is stop eating Wendy's spicy chicken and go get some Jack in the Box.

thanimations on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    HF-kun wrote: »
    I never had or heard of Chick-fil-A before I moved down South, now I can't get enough of it. Damn is that shit so fucking good.

I don't care how good it is, I prefer my fast food religion free.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Did anyone else think it was pronounced "Chick-feel-ah"?

No.

Also, now I have to go make some chicken tacos.

Thread starter, consider a career in marketing.

Oats on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    HF-kun wrote: »

I don't care how good it is, I prefer my fast food religion free.

It's not like they preach at you in the store, they just don't open on Sundays.

That said, Wendy's Spicy Chicken sandwich is still the best.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2009
    What is this?

No.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
This discussion has been closed.