As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SAMCRO Season: The last one... I guess? Wait this is still on the air?

• Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    In response to the Kurt Sutter interview: (spoilers for the finale obviously)
    Johnny Lewis is never going to get as good a role, or let alone even be on as awesome a show as SoA, I know it was his choice and all but good lord it seems like a really bad one. They could have at least let him get patched. Something told me when Gemma and Jax's old lady were being guarded by only Half-Sack alone that he was sure to die by the end of the ep, was still shocking, and very sad, though.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    fshavlakfshavlak Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    In response to the Kurt Sutter interview: (spoilers for the finale obviously)
    Johnny Lewis is never going to get as good a role, or let alone even be on as awesome a show as SoA, I know it was his choice and all but good lord it seems like a really bad one. They could have at least let him get patched. Something told me when Gemma and Jax's old lady were being guarded by only Half-Sack alone that he was sure to die by the end of the ep, was still shocking, and very sad, though.
    I'm still hugely upset by his death. Him and Op are my favorite characters in the show (chibs is getting up there as they flesh him out more).

I wasn't anywhere as close to this upset when Wash got spiked.

fshavlak on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oh, I forgot. One thing about Stahl that I hope fucks her over in season 3:
    She reported that Gemma took her (Stahl's) gun and shot both the daughter and the Irishman. A ballistics report will match Stahl's gun to the bullets that killed the Irishman, but will show that a different gun killed the daughter. Now we're left to wonder what Stahl will do to get rid of Gemma's gun, but either way it shows that her story is bullshit.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    While I'm sure that will come up:
    Something tells me Stahl isn't going to last much longer without a bit of running herself. All the shit she's caused is bound to catch up to her soon.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I understand liking Sack but how could he possibly be one of your favorite characters?

tofu on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    She reported that Gemma took her (Stahl's) gun and shot both the daughter and the Irishman. A ballistics report will match Stahl's gun to the bullets that killed the Irishman, but will show that a different gun killed the daughter. Now we're left to wonder what Stahl will do to get rid of Gemma's gun, but either way it shows that her story is bullshit.
    Stahl is Vic Mackey with tits.

She'll find a way.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    edited December 2009

She'll find a way.
    Don't fucking insult Vic like that. Stahl doesn't exactly have anything redeeming about her useless ass, blaming Gemma but "letting her go" certainly doesn't redeem any of the shit she's pulled. "Bitch belongs in a ditch." For realz.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

She'll find a way.
    Don't fucking insult Vic like that. Stahl doesn't exactly have anything redeeming about her useless ass, blaming Gemma but "letting her go" certainly doesn't redeem any of the shit she's pulled. "Bitch belongs in a ditch." For realz.
    Vic isn't exactly redemption-worthy either. In fact, he's an even bigger bastard than Stahl, but then again I consider her a 'Mackey-in-training'.

They share the same tendency for writing off their mistakes and weaseling out of punishment using the sacrifices of others.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    ClevingerClevinger Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ron Perlman needs to stop wearing that bandana. He looks so dumb in it.

Clevinger on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

She'll find a way.

Haha, did you even watch The Shield? Vic is just as big a self-serving, manipulative asshole that Stahl is.

tofu on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    At least his ends were somewhat GOOD once in a fucking while, even if it was by accident, such as getting assholes off the street. Stahl on the other hand has done nothing but cause trouble, get people killed, and be a bitch.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Clevinger wrote: »
    Ron Perlman needs to stop wearing that bandana. He looks so dumb in it.

Agreeing so hard

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    No way man, the bandana is bitchin'.

tofu on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Not on him

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    mantis23mantis23 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I just found out that the guy who created the show, writes the episodes and sometimes directs the show.....is the guy that plays Otto. Very interesting.

mantis23 on
    0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    mantis23 wrote: »
    I just found out that the guy who created the show, writes the episodes and sometimes directs the show.....is the guy that plays Otto. Very interesting.

Also, married to Katey Sagal (Gemma.)

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    No wonder he wrote her as such a fucking bitch.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Can't believe this hasn't been picked up for a 3rd season. Any speculation on that?

e: Actually hooray, just happened!

TL DR on
  • Options
    voodoosporkvoodoospork Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I spent most of the second season wondering, "How did Hamlet+bikers become the best show airing right now?"

Then the finale. :(

All foreplay and no fucking makes Jack a dull boy.

voodoospork on
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Can't believe this hasn't been picked up for a 3rd season. Any speculation on that?

It was because every contract was for only the first two seasons, so they had to negotiate all new contracts for everyone. Since it's Fx's top show, by far, the major players probably all wanted raises.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

On top of which
    iirc Gemma had the gun in the palms of her hands. Any prints on the gun are going to be wildly inconsistant with her holding and firing the weapon.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Cabezone wrote: »

It was because every contract was for only the first two seasons, so they had to negotiate all new contracts for everyone. Since it's Fx's top show, by far, the major players probably all wanted raises.

They sure deserve it. Especially considering the crap that nets more money on television right now.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I have to admit, finding out that (last episode spoiler & outside-of-show information)
    Sack's death was written in because the actor was looking to get out of his contract

kind of takes the oomph out of it.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Cabezone wrote: »

It should be clear this is just standard TV operating procedure. If your show makes it to season 3 you get a pay day. Typically the same thing happens at I believe season 6 (where a network show will have enough episodes for a good syndication run.) Which explains why sometimes solid shows have trouble making it past these points, the production costs rise up.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    KatholicKatholic Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Can we talk about...
    how stupid these motherfuckers are? They have Zoebelle cornered but opt to chase after another villian. I understand clay leaving and a few other guys because the sons care about family, but they couldn't leave one fucking guy? Piss poor writing.

Katholic on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    No...
    It's realistic writing. Any real man of merit with a family would drop anything to help said family, Zoebelle can be shot another day.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    KatholicKatholic Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    No...
    It's realistic writing. Any real man of merit with a family would drop anything to help said family, Zoebelle can be shot another day.
    yes but why did all 6-8 guys waiting for him have to leave?

Katholic on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Katholic wrote: »
    No...
    yes but why did all 6-8 guys waiting for him have to leave?

They're Brothers, it's their family too.

The interview sheds some more light on this.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    To be honest..
    They didn't know what the fuck happened, there could be 20 mayans shooting at Jax as far as they know, all they know is family is in trouble, and family > some asshole.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Exactly. When it comes down to it, for a close-knit-family sort of group, preservation and protection comes before revenge. If Zobell had still been in a position to damage the family, I bet the Sons would have left someone there to finish the job. As it was, he was pretty much powerless at that point.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    DalbozDalboz Resident Puppy Eater Right behind you...Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Here's what I think is going on and why I'm not surprised at the ending to season 2:
    Abel is and always has been the center of the show. The show begins with his birth. This is really his journey, told through the people and the events around him.

Dalboz on
  • Options
    HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    SAMCRO World Tour!
    At least that's what I want to see next season. Remember when I was talking about the Son's being international? Zoebell's in Budhapest. Let's assume Da' flee's to Ireland. Yeah it's probably a pipe dream as location shooting would be hard on the budget but if it really is FX's new heavy hitter...

So glad that Otto got his. Was that Jax's dad's book playing in audiotape when I was under the impression it wasn't something that was published? Also the dude reading it sounded Irish, is Teller an Irish name and could Jax's dad have been part of the original connection with the IRA?

HyphyKezzy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Hyphy did you read the interview with the show's creator? It touches on that a bit.

As for the recording:
    It was said in the previously mentioned interview that he looked up books with sons of anarchy in them and found that book in the creative commons, so he used it in audio format, as for the voice I don't think it's Jax's Dad, but it could be.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Jax's dad's voice has never really had an Irish tinge to it.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I can't see them traveling abroad with assault weapon charges. We might see a bit of the international charters, but I doubt they will take the club abroad.
    Maybe Jax, if only because its his son.
    Also, the interview suggests that its not in the budget.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    LynxLynx Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    On Zobelle:
    They also left because Clay wanted to take care of Zobelle personally. If he wasn't going to get to do it then, then he'd wait for another time. He wasn't going to let Tig or someone else just pop him if he wasn't there to see it. The guy had his wife gangraped. That's pretty fucking personal.

Lynx on
  • Options
    ClevingerClevinger Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I can't see them traveling abroad with assault weapon charges. We might see a bit of the international charters, but I doubt they will take the club abroad.
    Maybe Jax, if only because its his son.
    Also, the interview suggests that its not in the budget.

They don't have to actually film in Ireland.

Clevinger on
  • Options
    Masked_MulletMasked_Mullet Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You know, i just watched the pilot episode and am I the only one who thinks of the lost and the damned while watching this?

Masked_Mullet on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    You know, i just watched the pilot episode and am I the only one who thinks of the lost and the damned while watching this?
    You've got it backwards, this predates Lost and the Damned. Though both are depictions of the MC lifestyle so they should be similar.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Heh, I totally remember thinking "These guys have been watching SOA" while playing Lost and the Damned.
    Hyphy did you read the interview with the show's creator? It touches on that a bit.

I have now, I had totally forgot Georgie was out of the country as well, adds to the itenerary.

HyphyKezzy on
    steam_sig.png