As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Uncharted 2 : Seriously.

• Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I might have to nab the original Uncharted this weekend and beat it again. I had it for my old PS3 but the disc got cracked and I never bothered bringing the save over.

Would set me up just right to beat it again, not to mention highlight how improved the sequel will be.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So is the demo available for pre-orders from anywhere (like Amazon) or only Gamestop?

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    So is the demo available for pre-orders from anywhere (like Amazon) or only Gamestop?

Gamestop exclusive. Public Demo starts next Tuesday, Sep 29.

So anyway, I think it's....
    SCREENSHOT TIME!

I've been meaning to get these uploaded and shared for a while now. Most are shots from a friendly PA round of Rocket Deathmatch we had a few days ago, and a few others are ones I thought were kinda cool :mrgreen: All images have bee resized for easier forum consumption. If you want the recording of the original game, just send me a PSN message and I'll gladly forward it to you.

Rocket Deathmatch Fun

One good rocket deserves another.
    uncharted2amongthieves1x.jpg

MORE!
    InfinitePie does his best TF2 Soldier Rocket Jump Impression.
    uncharted2amongthieves1an.jpg

Smashism and InfinitePie share a rocket-propelled moment.
    uncharted2amongthieves5.jpg

Sorry swoon37, I don't think that cover is going to help ;-)
    uncharted2amongthieves7.jpg

Ah_Pook tries to play catch with Smashism's rocket. Looks like it worked.
    uncharted2amongthieves8.jpg

Malechai gets the jump on Carb0nFire.
    uncharted2amongthieves2.jpg

InfinitePie on the run, with swoon37 hot on his tail.
    uncharted2amongthieves2m.jpg

Smashism narrowly avoids explodey-death.
    uncharted2amongthieves2ie.jpg

Who needs rockets? Ah_Pook gets up close and personal.
    uncharted2amongthieves2w.jpg

Thanks to Ah_Pook, InifinitePie, Malechai, smashism & swoon37 for some great games 8-):^:

Some Additional Images

I don't think they're going to make it...
    uncharted2amongthieves2b.jpg
    Nope, definitely not going to make it....
    uncharted2amongthieves2h.jpg

Elena does her best Nathan Drake impersonation.
    uncharted2amongthieves1.jpg

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Scarab, that's a fantastic OP. Truly.

This

Guess who's PS3 took a shit last night meaning no vidjagame playing?

That's right, this guy's

Fuck you Iraq

Rent on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Rent wrote: »

This

That's right, this guy's

Fuck you Iraq

D:

Was it the dust? Heat? Terrorists?

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    CarbonFire wrote: »

This

That's right, this guy's

Fuck you Iraq

D:

Was it the dust? Heat? Terrorists?
    Some crazy guy with a half-tucked shirt burst in to my room, guns blazing, and took it

Then when he left he said "Told you this thing was expensive!" in a lovably smart-aleck tone

It was weird

Then he hi-fived a bandicoot and made out with a hot blonde chick

Rent on
  • Options
    MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Cool picks Carbon. You were a damn ninja that round though. Pook totaly took to the rocket jump whenever someone was about to melee him.

Edit: Bummer rent.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Played a bit online tonight. Matchmaking seems really iffy. As in, it would say a few players were found, then dump me back to square one, several times in a row. Took forever to get any matches going, both in Deathmatch and Objective.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    Played a bit online tonight. Matchmaking seems really iffy. As in, it would say a few players were found, then dump me back to square one, several times in a row. Took forever to get any matches going, both in Deathmatch and Objective.

How many people were online? Right now not a whole lot of people are playing the beta (its been hovering around 1000 or less except for the busiest times), mostly because the people playing right now are exclusively Gamestop preorderers. It worked a lot better early on in the beta when more people were playing, and I'm sure once the demo goes public next week there will be quite a few more people to play with :^:

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

That's right, this guy's

sad day indeed.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Anyone want to play some games tonight? Some gold rush, or some DM would be fun.

I haven't gotten into a multiplayer game this much in a while. I'm honestly surprised it's so good.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'd be down. Say, after 7pm Pacific. At least until Dollhouse comes on.

Houn on
  • Options
    darkenedwingdarkenedwing Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh man, all those pictures are great, Carbon. Yea everyone was saying "I wonder if you can rocket jump like the Soldier" So I sacrificed myself in the name of science and entertainment. You can't rocket jump :(
    I hope we can get 6+ people online in the same party again one night and play some more PA-only matches.

darkenedwing on
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29216&dateline=1296970870
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    BTW, I ran into some guys last night that appeared to be above level 50. A group of 5 guys, most in the high lvl 40s, but two of the guys had different looking level icons with roman numerals on them, rather than the normal numbers. So I guess there may be some sort of prestige mode for the multiplayer in Uncharted 2. I do know they were impossible to beat with most of my team's levels in the teens or low twenties.

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, I rant into some guys in their high 40's but with different looking badges too. I just assumed that when you reached a certain level your badge changed.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Yeah, I rant into some guys in their high 40's but with different looking badges too. I just assumed that when you reached a certain level your badge changed.

Well the badge changes color and style every 10 levels. At level 50 (which I saw for the first time last night) your badge changes to a bright red hexagon. The guys with the really different icons had a sort of bronze-looking badge (think cop badge) with a single blue dot above and Roman Numeral below.

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I saw one of those last night. I assumed it just meant he was at God level or something.

Perhaps Naughty Dog staff?

Houn on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I never did get to try the beta or the demo, but the multiplayer is actually good, huh? When I first heard about it there was some skepticism it might just be a tacked on feature, like you see in a lot of other games. It sounds like everyone here really enjoys it, though, which really pleases me. Those images of your rocket match looked really fun.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    I saw one of those last night. I assumed it just meant he was at God level or something.

Perhaps Naughty Dog staff?

Naughty Dog Staff show up in-game with their little red paw icon. And I heard these guys talking, it was just a bunch of friends that I'm sure play all the time together. They were all about level 45.

@Dashui: It's quite fun. Think Gears of War but more fluid with more verticality. Or think Uncharted 1, but all the bots are actually people :P It's very solid, and actually one of the more robust multiplayer offerings to date on the PS3.

If you haven't played in any of the betas yet, you should try the PUBLIC DEMO that comes out next Tuesday, Sep 29th.

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This is the best OP I have ever seen.

HAHAHA

I will be getting this game. You better believe it.

Just beat the first one. It was so fun.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If you haven't played in any of the betas yet, you should try the PUBLIC DEMO that comes out next Tuesday, Sep 29th.

A... a PS3 game with a demo that comes out on a Tuesday? I'm not sure I can handle that...

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Flags will be flying at half-tuck on release day to commemorate this game.

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Got approval from my manager today for my 6 day vacation starting October 13. I'm ready to rock this shit.

It'd be funny if it got released the thursday before the release day like Uncharted 1, thus having me waste my vacation :(

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Anyone on? I may jump on for a few rounds, since I've got an hour to play.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Good games Houn. That 10-5 Plunder round was extremely wacky, but we put up a good fight :^:

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I was suckin' it up tonight, lol. Need to learn to watch behind myself better, hehe.

Houn on
  • Options
    ruforufo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I finally decided I needed to play through Uncharted 1 yesterday, and picked it up from GameStop.

I'm only up to chapter 6, but... Why the fuck did I wait so long?

At least this way I don't have to wait long for Among Thieves...

rufo on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    rufo wrote: »
    Why the fuck did I wait so long?

Because you're a bad person and should feel bad ;-)
    At least this way I don't have to wait long for Among Thieves...

You're in luck! The Uncharted 2 MP Beta opens to the public tomorrow, September 29th.

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Uncharted had the misfortion of coming out when people didn't give a shit about the PS3.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    just bought UC 1 last night and got into ch9, it is a lot of fun, i must say.

playing it definitely secures UC2 on my to buy list. even over borderlands.

now i just gotta find time for LoL and DDO.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Uncharted had the misfortion of coming out when people didn't give a shit about the PS3.

I think a big part of it was the demo - I think I got slightly stuck on one of the shooter areas right in the beginning and got a bit frustrated with it. Once the reviews came out, I was too deep into other games *coughMassEffectharumph* to worry about it, and then I was kind of in a "well, I'll wait until it's cheaper" mode - and it took a while to get down there (it's been a while since the last time I checked, though).

I'm still not entirely sure about the shootery bits - to me those feel very competent, but not outstanding. But the platforming/exploration and story/cutscenes are so wtfAWESOME that I could care less if shooting dudes is a bit of a slog.

rufo on
  • Options
    MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I think a big part of it was the demo - I think I got slightly stuck on one of the shooter areas right in the beginning and got a bit frustrated with it. Once the reviews came out, I was too deep into other games *coughMassEffectharumph* to worry about it, and then I was kind of in a "well, I'll wait until it's cheaper" mode - and it took a while to get down there (it's been a while since the last time I checked, though).

I'm still not entirely sure about the shootery bits - to me those feel very competent, but not outstanding. But the platforming/exploration and story/cutscenes are so wtfAWESOME that I could care less if shooting dudes is a bit of a slog.

You may not be punching them enough. The melee combat in the original was so satisfying. Kind of miss the combo action in the multiplayer. Stealth kills and steel fist kills are both good fun though.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Malechai wrote: »
    You may not be punching them enough. The melee combat in the original was so satisfying. Kind of miss the combo action in the multiplayer. Stealth kills and steel fist kills are both good fun though.

Hrm, really? I stealth kill/melee the odd enemy or two wandering around, but most of the time when I melee in one of the large encounters (so far, what seems to be most of the combat) I'm shot to death by other baddies. Might be taking the wrong approach, though. I'll experiment when I hit the PS3 later tonight.

rufo on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Malechai wrote: »

I've just got back in to Uncharted, I previously played it on Easy as my other half was watching me play it and dug the story parts, so I didn't want to get stuck on any shooty bits. I've cranked it up to Hard this time and am charging away at people shooting and then drop kicking them in the face. Awesome :)

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    When I play Uncharted I always try to kill guys in the flashiest way possible since the game has such a Hollywood feel to it. The trick to melee is to do it when you have enough cover to make it there in once piece. Shoot one or two then go in for the melee. (not advisable on shot gun guys.) It also works better when Elena or Sully is there to distract them.

In other news I just finished my Platinum trophy for this game last night so I'm now officially ready for Charted 2. (I completed the game 100% before the trophies were released, just redid it now)

greeble on
    PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Is the demo hitting the PSN around when the Store would usually update (Nevermind that it's on a Tuesday) or earlier than that? Or is it just kind of a "It'll be there when it is" thing?

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Is the demo hitting the PSN around when the Store would usually update (Nevermind that it's on a Tuesday) or earlier than that? Or is it just kind of a "It'll be there when it is" thing?

No specific time has been announced, just "Sep 29". I'm sure someone will post in here when it actually becomes available. So your guess is as good as anyone else's ;-)

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

No specific time has been announced, just "Sep 29". I'm sure someone will post in here when it actually becomes available. So your guess is as good as anyone else's ;-)

Works for me.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    oh shit oh shit oh shit
    public demo tomorrow. I'm gonna be all over that. Add me to the list, psn is forkninja

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Word on the street is the demo goes live for public consumption at 11AM PDT / 2PM EDT.

Just a heads up, and hopefully we'll see a lot more of you in-game tomorrow! 8-)

CarbonFire on
This discussion has been closed.