Options

[HoN] Heroes of Newerth - Empty slots don't do anything for you.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    magebane is p gay let me tell you

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Tell me why magebane sucks.

Also, reading some TB guides. WTF does "eat a clarity" mean?

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    DrakmathusDrakmathus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    use a clarity potion...

Drakmathus on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Tell me why magebane sucks.

Also, reading some TB guides. WTF does "eat a clarity" mean?

left click your tango
    left click your clarity potion

also magebane sucks because Autoattack!!!!

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I have no idea what a clarity potion is. Is this one of your bizarro DOTA words?

... Google tells me it's a mana potion. Why not just call it that anyway? It actually describes what it does. The guide I was reading said, "Eat a clarity and check for runes." I assumed there was an item I'd overlooked, some sort of "clarity biscuit" which let you see where the runes had spawned.

Clairvoyance biscuits. Delicious.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    it is a dota term
    no idea what it's called in hon

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It's called a mana potion in HoN.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    how mundane

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Never get shield breaker for any hero range or melee. ( there are much better item than that.... in a team game of course )

unless your playing 1 vs 1 shield breaker is ok in some instance.

Fuga on
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Magebane + tanky items + geometer's bane = good times.

Shield breaker is a really good item . . . on a bunch of heroes that haven't been ported to HoN.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    DrakmathusDrakmathus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    yeah. I see it used on Furion a lot.

Wait, what about soulstealer? He is Nevermore I think.

Drakmathus on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Fuga wrote: »
    Never get shield breaker for any hero range or melee. ( there are much better item than that.... in a team game of course )

What is this. I don't even...

Shield Breaker is almost always the best DPS item, especially because of the way orbs work in HoN compared to DotA.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    DefunkerDefunker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Not to mention it ups the damage done to that target for everyone on your team. Fuga is so wrong I have to assume he's joking.

Defunker on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    24 second CD on Codex? Really? Why does this seem OK? Maybe in a 5v5 game this isn't a problem, but I just played a 3v3 game where the enemy team got outlaned, outganked, but still won because every single one of them got lvl 5 codex. Even when my team had headdress, stuns, and 2000 health they could pick off one of us right away without breaking a sweat, and then do it again before we respawned.

Fuga on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Most heroes will be wanting IAS to make use of it, though. Or they've already got decent attack speed and just want damage. Or they're support. If you look at DotA the only heroes you always see it on fill those roles, like Necro'lic, who has summons who make use of the negative armour and a built in steroids skill. Or Furion, who's more gank/support. But he's better off getting other stuff. Decent on Soulstealer/Nevermore, but his true potential is in his ult, and if he spends money on such a heavy damage item he'll be too immobile and fragile to ever get it off.

But if orbs work differently in HoN then it's probably much better. A lot of heroes who could have used it in DotA already have better orbs.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    stream
  • Options
    ChickenMcTestChickenMcTest Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Page- wrote: »
    Most heroes will be wanting IAS to make use of it, though. Or they've already got decent attack speed and just want damage. Or they're support. If you look at DotA the only heroes you always see it on fill those roles, like Necro'lic, who has summons who make use of the negative armour and a built in steroids skill. Or Furion, who's more gank/support. But he's better off getting other stuff. Decent on Soulstealer/Nevermore, but his true potential is in his ult, and if he spends money on such a heavy damage item he'll be too immobile and fragile to ever get it off.

But if orbs work differently in HoN then it's probably much better. A lot of heroes who could have used it in DotA already have better orbs.

I loved deso on Gondar, now shield breaker on Scout is fairly broken imho. I would always get deso with Troll, but as you said above he came with built in attack speed.

Now though shieldbreaker does not contain an attack modifier (an orb from dota), this allows it to stack with Life steal which also does not count as an attack modifier.

ChickenMcTest on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    What means this word- orbs?

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    24 second CD on Codex? Really? Why does this seem OK? Maybe in a 5v5 game this isn't a problem, but I just played a 3v3 game where the enemy team got outlaned, outganked, but still won because every single one of them got lvl 5 codex. Even when my team had headdress, stuns, and 2000 health they could pick off one of us right away without breaking a sweat, and then do it again before we respawned.

The 24 second CD on the Codex is the exact same as the 24 second CD on the dagon from Dota. You can get the Shaman's Headdress to help reduce the magic damage. At that point you would just need to hold back until your tank could take a nuking from all three of them.

Any one else here love the Dagon 5 on Tinker in dota? Or dagon 5 Lion in dota? I loved running up to people with lion and casting finger then dagon for the instant kill.
    DarkeWolfe wrote:
    What means this word- orbs?

um... it means exactly what I said it means? orb is to dota AS attack modifier is to HoN

ChickenMcTest on
  • Options
    iusehappymodiusehappymod Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    nullstone eases the dagon problem?

We used to do team dagon stuff against pubs in dota. That was a blast. (no pun intended)

iusehappymod on

Hamlet will be Hamlet
    An ineffable tragedy of the human spirit that still resonates, even today.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    If their whole team has dagon 5 then you deserve to lose. Seriously.

Page- on
    stream
  • Options
    KurrelKurrel Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The dagon's cooldown and mana usage also decreases with every level. Its most famous gimmick is being used right after Maledict (Voodoo Jester's debuff)

Kurrel on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

What is this. I don't even...

Shield Breaker is almost always the best DPS item, especially because of the way orbs work in HoN compared to DotA.

This. I <3 shieldbreaker so much.

valiance on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    One day I will learn the meaning of retreat. Maybe when the game exits beta and I can start with a fresh state, making it worth trying to look after stats

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Gumpy wrote: »
    One day I will learn the meaning of retreat. Maybe when the game exits beta and I can start with a fresh state, making it worth trying to look after stats

I wasn't under the impression they were resetting stats.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    of course they are

Fuga on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Assassin Shroud needs a 3 second cooldown like Portal Key, so that you can't use it if you're being hit by an enemy hero. This is only fair, considering it's short cooldown, movement speed bonus, and extra attack damage out of stealth.

Fuga on
  • Options
    khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Assassin Shroud needs a 3 second cooldown like Portal Key, so that you can't use it if you're being hit by an enemy hero. This is only fair, considering it's short cooldown, movement speed bonus, and extra attack damage out of stealth.

The difference between the Portal Key and the Shroud is that the first is mostly uncounterable by a single hero, while the second you can easily counter with dust/wards and a myriad of abilities so basically no.

khain on
  • Options
    SkyGheNeSkyGheNe Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Wards.

SkyGheNe on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Tried Scout yesterday, I like being able to quick escape and the super ganking potential he has. Though someone was bitching about kill stealing, so I let him attempt to kill someone then he died and I finished off his opponent and he still bitched about kill stealing? People are dumb.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Tried Scout yesterday, I like being able to quick escape and the super ganking potential he has. Though someone was bitching about kill stealing, so I let him attempt to kill someone then he died and I finished off his opponent and he still bitched about kill stealing? People are dumb.

I'm on the fence as to whether or not the new scout is overpowered.

SkyGheNe on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Kurrel wrote: »
    The dagon's cooldown and mana usage also decreases with every level. Its most famous gimmick is being used right after Maledict (Voodoo Jester's debuff)

Or (in dota) getting it with TB, fighting rosh till way low, then ulting and dagoning in their woods.

iusehappymod on

Hamlet will be Hamlet
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Kurrel wrote: »

Or (in dota) getting it with TB, fighting rosh till way low, then ulting and dagoning in their woods.

In my experience with TB, there is little space between "not being hit at all" and "dead."

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    SkyGheNe wrote: »

He is at least very good, which is nice, because he was pretty much a wasted slot before.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    In my experience with TB, there is little space between "not being hit at all" and "dead."

Its a build for pubs. you just kinda assume you're better and faster than those you're up against.

iusehappymod on

Hamlet will be Hamlet
  • Options
    KhaczorKhaczor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    SkyGheNe wrote: »

He is overpowered to me. Of course, so many noobs play scout that its easy to say he sucks because they are hopeless players but...

And he makes nighthound practically useless as a carry over him. His disarm needs an internal cooldown at least.

Khaczor on
  • Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Who is TB?

Also I've found out that I love Succubus more than any character. Ever... for now.

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    fmz65 wrote: »
    Who is TB?

Also I've found out that I love Succubus more than any character. Ever... for now.

Terrorblade.

SkyGheNe on
  • Options
    ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Thunderbringer?

Also, Scout is pretty overpowered right now. It is the only time that I have ever gone 20-0-6. Granted... the other team was horrible beyond words.

Shens on
  • Options
    Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Shens wrote: »
    Thunderbringer?

Also, Scout is pretty overpowered right now. It is the only time that I have ever gone 20-0-6. Granted... the other team was horrible beyond words.

I've used scout a few times since the patch, and I wouldn't really say hes overpowered. He can't just roll up on any hero and expect to win. But when fighting melee heroes, hes a beast. Heroes like Predator or Madman would be wise to not fight a good Scout now that he has Disarm. Combine Disarm with a Basher and he's pretty nasty. But once hes blown his load he's kinda meh. Like any carry, you just have to gank him early and often.

Casters still give him trouble, and if your team is smart they'd get a gem or pestilence to counter scout.

Paradox Control on
    \
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    fmz65 wrote: »
    Who is TB?

I love succubus with Puzzle box, or Bane with necronomicon from dota,

mez your target, summon your minions, cast hold while your summons lay a smack down, then finish up with heartache. The minions are super helpful with true sight as well.

ChickenMcTest on