As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Like Comics, Except The Pictures Move: Movies, Games, and Television

• Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So, I downloaded the character pack for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, and got Juggernaut with some leftover points.

Magneto is insane. He and Juggernaut's fusion is awesome, it's similar to the Songbird one but he wraps him in a metal ball. Cable and Psylocke are decent, and Panther is good but not really my style.

The thing that sort of irritates me, though, is unless you can do something special to unlock them, I'm pretty sure only Carnage, Psylocke, and Panther have alternate costumes.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Carnage is the best character

You forgot to mention this

Carnage is the best character

Also Psylocke's Katana attack focused on one foe does as much damage as Thor's Mighty Swipe

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    also it is incredibly easy to figure out how to unlock cable and magneto's alt costumes

the character stats page!

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, that was a great move, took down Havok right quick. But Magneto's Jaws of Life thing where the metal springs out of the ground and ravages a target and anyone near them was regularly critting for 800 for me without any boosts that increase power damage. It was killing guys left and right!

Also, glad they fixed (or was it like this before? pretty sure it wasn't) Jean and Magneto picking up heavy shit using their abilities. Seeing Magneto hurl a car is nice.

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    wait they have alt costumes what hooooow

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    dang

at full power it does 800 regularly

but if you add up the hits, Psylocke's Katana does over 1000 damage

but none of this matters because Carnage is the best

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Kyougu on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Can't wait for Kick-Ass. If only the last issue would freaking ship already.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    can't hear that Joan Jett song without thinking about Freaks and Geeks. Still, movie looks pretty bitchin' so far.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hensler wrote: »
    I've been playing alternating a Nightwing costume and a Captain America costume for Bats. Not as cool as having an actual model with DLC, but it's more fun than the stock Bat-suit.

Where did you get these?

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Don't know if it's been posted here yet, but I stumbled upon the clips from the Iron man 2 trailer: http://cache-foo.gawker.com/gawker/assets/util/videoModule.swf?videoURL=/ironmanleak_gizmodo.flv&autoplay=true. Pretty low res, but paramount seems to have no problem with the site having this up there for some reason.
    WAR-MACHINE!!!!

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I read somewhere that Rachel McAdams is testing for the role of Black Cat in Spiderman 4

Also McLovin is the red costumed sidekick guy? This seems like its going to be really really better than Millar's comic

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    If theres one thing Spider-Man needs its more clumsily handled romances.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Htown wrote: »
    Hensler wrote: »
    I've been playing alternating a Nightwing costume and a Captain America costume for Bats. Not as cool as having an actual model with DLC, but it's more fun than the stock Bat-suit.

Where did you get these?

I don't know if there is an Arkham Asylum mod site or anything, but I grabbed the skins for the game from this forum on the official site: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=92752

Hensler on
  • Options
    MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Anyone else been really enjoying Armored Adventures lately?

MastaP on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Saw Punisher on Super Hero Squid today. Classic, definitely the best episode of the show.

Hensler on
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I was a little scared earlier today when I heard that the MPAA wanted Iron Man 2 to get rid of Tony Stark's alcoholism so that younger viewers could attend the film. I've been digging all day in the searies of tubes, but haven't found anything to vindicate this info. I think it may be a rumor, but I'll keep looking. Too afraid it might be true.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    The MPAA doesn't care who attends the film, just that the stuff within matches it's rating. I'm pretty sure?

Faynor on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The MPAA is stupid enough mistake a storyline depicting the perils of alcoholism as supporting alcoholism.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Originally, they said they would focus on it in the second film, and then, as the second one's hype got going, they said it would be in the third. So yeah, that sounds plausible.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I was a little scared earlier today when I heard that the MPAA wanted Iron Man 2 to get rid of Tony Stark's alcoholism so that younger viewers could attend the film. I've been digging all day in the searies of tubes, but haven't found anything to vindicate this info. I think it may be a rumor, but I'll keep looking. Too afraid it might be true.

It is an internet rumor, started in the place all bullshit internet rumors start, there is not evidence to back it up.

MastaP on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hello Dr Daniel "Hawkman" Jackson

9395.keck_lg_hawkman.jpg

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    That's from Smallville right?

Weird that they always update character's looks in the show, but they don't do it for the one that looks the most retarded in real life.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Kyougu wrote: »

Weird that they always update character's looks in the show, but they don't do it for the one that looks the most retarded in real life.

Well, they did give him a shirt.

MastaP on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    MastaP wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »

Well, they did give him a shirt.

I didn't even notice that. It looked like a hairy chest to me.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh come on, that is lame.

You make Hawkman have some military prototype wings that look all angular, almost like a cross between Green Goblin and Punisher.

It's not that hard!

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2009
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Hello Dr Daniel "Hawkman" Jackson

9395.keck_lg_hawkman.jpg

maybe it's the size and lighting but this looks like claymation to me

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, looking at that I thought it was a still from the DC MMO or something, and nobody had bothered to point it out yet.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    THOR

Several sites, including Comingsoon.net are reporting an announcement in Variety of the actors chosen to play the Warrirors Three: Stuart Townsend, Ray Stevenson, and Tadanobu Asano. Unfortunately, the Variety articles was removed from the site. This could indicate severe inaccuracy. UPDATE: Marvel is now confirming the casting, stating "Fandral will be played by Stuart Townsend. The job of Hogun goes to Tadanobu Asano. And Volstagg will be portrayed Ray Stevenson."

Directed by Kenneth Branagh, release date: May 20th, 2011

If you're like me and didn't know what these dudes looked like, click the spoiler!
    Fandral:

stuarttownsend.jpg

Hogun:

Actor_Tadanobu%20Asano.jpg

Volstagg:

0000034933_20061021035740.jpg

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    If Stevenson is Volstagg, he should totally be bipolar who kills with ease yet hides his remorse by eating everything in sight.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Wait, it's not from the MMO?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Fandral = suitably dashing. Hogun = suitably Asian (I think that's pretty much Hogun's defining physical feature). Volkstagg = not that fat, very muscular. maybe Ray will put on some padding under his jerkin, or maybe they're just making Volkstagg more powerful and less fat. Whatever.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    look he is volstagg the voluminous

muscle counts as volume

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, but comic book Volkstagg is a fat guy with a big beard. Ray Stavenson played the Punisher, for fuck's sake.

Solar on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    yes and?

Angry on
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    A little while ago it was announced that DC's animated movies were going to be including short films with them from here on out.

It appears from this picture of an Owlman figure that JLA: Crisis on Two Earths will include a Spectre short:
    14179_a_full.jpg

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    That Owlman design is really cool.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Silver_MageSilver_Mage Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm still going to get that DVD, but I was hoping it would be Dwayne Mcduffie's story that bridges the gab between JL and JLU, not just an adaption of his story.

Silver_Mage on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    So my I saw this as an event one of my friends is attending.
    Please join us this Thursday, 11/19, in BTSU 207 for a talk by Mark Bernard, American Culture Studies Ph.D. candidate!

“The Golden Avenger and the Dark Knight: Superheroes and National Security Cinema”

The 2008 summer movie season was bookended by the blockbuster successes of two superhero movies: Iron Man (Jon Favreau, 2008) and The Dark Knight (Christopher Nolan, 2008). In addition scoring a combined worldwide gross of over a billion and a half dollars, these films were also showered with critical praise that heralded the maturation of the superhero movie genre.

Unfortunately absent from many of the discussions surrounding these films are their insidious ties to – and oftentimes endorsement of – the United States’s National Security policies. Mark Bernard will explore these connections by contextualizing the films within the genre of “National Security Cinema,” films that justify homeland security policies and military action abroad by depicting the US as vulnerable and under attack.

I'll have to ask her what was actually said, but I found it an interesting prompt. I can kinda see the connection that could be done with Iron Man, but Dark Knight? Not sure. What do you all think?

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I think calling the ties insidious is pretty laughable and over sensationalizing.

Faynor on
This discussion has been closed.