As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallout 3] Wubba harrrrglb? JAMBAAGLR

1575859606163»

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    KlashKlash Lost... ... in the rainRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    you are doing compatability on fallout.exe in the program folder right?

No, because I'm stupid. I figured compat through the shortcut would be the same. I'll try the .exe.

Stupid old games that make me want to play them with their stats and their dice rolling and their lasers.

Edit: Stupid as I may be, it still didn't work. It seems the problem isn't in-game, though. Starting area looks clean, with a bit of discolouration (almost unnoticeable) on the HUD.

Klash on
    We don't even care... whether we care or not...
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Klash wrote: »
    I've run into a snag with the Fallout Trilogy, hopefully you guys can help. It installed perfectly, right from the disc. However, when I load up F1 and F2, I get this colour distortion:

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/2458/12896577.jpg

I don't know why it print screen'd all black, but the right side of the face that is sort of green is what I get. The black colouring isn't there when I play, just that colour distortion over the entire screen.

Also, Tactics apparently didn't even install. I try to load it up and get an autolauncher with the option to install.

I'm running this on Win7 Pro.

Anybody know what the problems are?

Edit: Last time I installed it was on an XP system, and it worked perfectly without any discolouration or hitches.
    Use Windows XP Mode (big download from Microsoft).

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    KlashKlash Lost... ... in the rainRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hmmm. The Virtual Machine? I have it, used it as a workaround to install Far Cry (copy/pasted the entirety of the game from the VM to my HD).

If I put it there, though, it guarantees I'll never play it. I'll forget its there and I don't use the VM for anything else.

It seems to be a cinematic only problem. I did however get Tactics working, and it didn't have any sort of discolouration. This makes F1/2 the only programs to do this, along with the Baldur's Gate demo movies (but the actual intro movies looked fine, oddly).

Some setting somewhere has gotta be off.

Klash on
    We don't even care... whether we care or not...