As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Borderlands: Old thread

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    To be fair most games are generally lacking in their first DLC. Also, This game was a new IP that managed to shatter sales expectations. So hopefully future DLC will have more additions. Although it is funny that they said this is about story.
    Yeah, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on this first go-round. Not so much that I'll buy it (unless folks around here really sing its praises). I'll hold out until the next announced DLC (and hopefully there is one) and see what they have planned.

I'm just really curious as to their logic behind the decision, because it is truly baffling. To even think for a second that someone plays this game for the story over the actual guns is...well, I'm sure such a person exists, but to even insinuate that they are anything but the extreme minority is fallacious at best.

Someone needs to interview that guy at gearbox again and just ask the question, "why"?

Halfmex on
  • Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    You know, I might buy this DLC after another DLC comes out with a higher level cap and more gunz. As it is, I'd rather go play something else other than a DLC pack that offers me a riveting story from those amazing Gearbox writers...

Sarcasm aside, I still love this game. But $10 will not be going towards this game until more is released (and fixed!)

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Halfmex wrote: »
    To be fair most games are generally lacking in their first DLC. Also, This game was a new IP that managed to shatter sales expectations. So hopefully future DLC will have more additions. Although it is funny that they said this is about story.
    Yeah, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on this first go-round. Not so much that I'll buy it (unless folks around here really sing its praises). I'll hold out until the next announced DLC (and hopefully there is one) and see what they have planned.

I'm just really curious as to their logic behind the decision, because it is truly baffling. To even think for a second that someone plays this game for the story over the actual guns is...well, I'm sure such a person exists, but to even insinuate that they are anything but the extreme minority is fallacious at best.

Someone needs to interview that guy at gearbox again and just ask the question, "why"?

I think it's just because they started to make the DLC before the game was released, as is usually the case. Now that the game is out and successful, with a metric fuckton of fans clamoring for everything under the sun, they have a giant pile of feedback to sift through for inspiration on future DLC. Then hopefully we can get our stashes, Ice Elementals/weapons, new enemies, etc.

Drake on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I am 100% cool with having new places to shoot new things to get all the guns I haven't gotten yet.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    SzechuanSzechuan Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah I've gone from a maybe on the DLC to a definitely not. Broken Steel spoiled me on what to expect for 10 bucks.

Hopping on to play right now. New Haven on 2nd playthrough, 360. Hit me up if ya wanna play!

Szechuan on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    This is being a bit of a pain in the ass. Trying to connect to a friend's game that he keeps trying to host, and not working out in the slightest.

I can't host myself because I don't have access to my landlord's router, and I think he's already tried opening all the ports listed in the OP.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hmm, I might start running Crimson Fastness instead of Promontory, Lance is a bit harder to deal with, but they carry combat rifles, which I'm trying to find a better one, plus lots of red chests (more than Promontory I think).

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    Pajama_ManPajama_Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    You know, I might buy this DLC after another DLC comes out with a higher level cap and more gunz. As it is, I'd rather go play something else other than a DLC pack that offers me a riveting story from those amazing Gearbox writers...

Sarcasm aside, I still love this game. But $10 will not be going towards this game until more is released (and fixed!)

Hey now, the Brother in Arms games had great story :lol:

Pajama_Man on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    I am 100% cool with having new places to shoot new things to get all the guns I haven't gotten yet.

Yeah all about dis! The guns are procedurally generated, so a new area is just a chance to find some firepower my current gun running is not.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    If I had to take a guess at why they ain't doing new items, I suppose it'd be because they'd then have to do a worldwide patch that adds all the new gun bits to EVERYBODY's game, not just the DLC owners', as not doing so would probably cause some shit between players who DO have the DLC and its exclusive bits and the non-owners whose copies have no fucking idea how to interpret the DLC dudes' actions, leading to mayhem. And since as we all know it's very easy to muck around with saves and change gun parts and whatnot, that'd be like letting folks have half the frickin' DLC for free.

My guess is that they'll only start addin' new items once they actually add some encryption to save games to avoid the aforementioned looting on at least day one.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Sorenson wrote: »
    If I had to take a guess at why they ain't doing new items, I suppose it'd be because they'd then have to do a worldwide patch that adds all the new gun bits to EVERYBODY's game, not just the DLC owners', as not doing so would probably cause some shit between players who DO have the DLC and its exclusive bits and the non-owners whose copies have no fucking idea how to interpret the DLC dudes' actions, leading to mayhem. And since as we all know it's very easy to muck around with saves and change gun parts and whatnot, that'd be like letting folks have half the frickin' DLC for free.

My guess is that they'll only start addin' new items once they actually add some encryption to save games to avoid the aforementioned looting on at least day one.

That won't ever happen. As long as the item data is stored client-side, with no consistency checks to an outside server, there will always be a way to hack the system and create whatever crazy items you want. That shouldn't stop them from adding more guns to the game though. Let us honest folks have our fun, and let the hacking types have there's.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    zhen_roguezhen_rogue Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hmm, I might start running Crimson Fastness instead of Promontory, Lance is a bit harder to deal with, but they carry combat rifles, which I'm trying to find a better one, plus lots of red chests (more than Promontory I think).

Crimson Fastness is definitely the place to farm weapons - 6 red chests and the soldiers themselves have great drop rates (especially in playthrough 2.5).
    However, Eridian Promontory is MUCH better in terms of raising weapon proficiencies, and farming artifacts.

zhen_rogue on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I do Back Door>Crimson Fastness for my farming runs, it's easy enough to push past the spiderants and the boss fight at the end of BD gives you a goodly amount of experience with little hassle, and if you've done the CF claptrap rescue you can get between two and three red chests and four lockers in about two minutes, stacking on BD's 4 red chests. The loot flows like water.

Eridian Promontory can eat a dick and die, thank you very much. Hate the fucking guardians, especially those mortor assholes.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    KasanagiKasanagi Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    mercmod.jpg

This, plus the following guns:

combhellfire.jpgdoubleanarchy.jpg
    malevobit.jpgmalevosting.jpg

Plus this spec right here...

Plus the modifiers for 50 SMG proficiency...

equals a godly level of killing power. Seriously, I can second wind off of just about anything unless they leave LOS, and if I don't play like a retard (which I often do because it's more fun) I never even need to get a second wind. I know I harped on about it last thread, but sirens can be VERY OP with a decent SMG. Doesn't even have to be the best SMG, just a decent one is all it takes really.

edit - fixed mah image links. Sorry for failing. Also, the Double Anarchy there is x4.

Kasanagi on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    You're going to attack the enemy with broken images?

EDIT: Well, now they show up. And I get booted to the top, nothin' to see here folks, move along.

EDIT: You know what, no, I'm'a go you a favor and bump your shit just because I'm nice like that.
    Kasanagi wrote: »
    mercmod.jpg

This, plus the following guns:

combhellfire.jpg
    doubleanarchy.jpg
    malevobit.jpg
    malevosting.jpg

Plus this spec right here...

Plus the modifiers for 50 SMG proficiency...

equals a godly level of killing power. Seriously, I can second wind off of just about anything unless they leave LOS, and if I don't play like a retard (which I often do because it's more fun) I never even need to get a second wind. I know I harped on about it last thread, but sirens can be VERY OP with a decent SMG. Doesn't even have to be the best SMG, just a decent one is all it takes really.

edit - fixed mah image links. Sorry for failing. Also, the Double Anarchy there is x4.
    And I even repaired your width breaking for free.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    KasanagiKasanagi Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I intentionally applied the so called "width breaking" because even if you're only running at 1024x768 resolution those images shouldn't out-horizontal a near-fullscreened browser.

In any case, I was also doing some tinkering last night, and I may have set a record for weapon damage (in a single shot at least). Behold, the DESTRUCTOR.

destructor.jpg

This started out in life as a level 10 torgue steel destructor that my fledgeling brick came across (already pretty damn strong for the level at around 360 damage, only downside to it was the 1 shot mag). A little bit of tinkering later (changed the barrel to the carnage combat shotgun for the HCISR effect), and a bit of aesthetic changing (changed the branding, attempted to change the naming and failed, and added a scope to improve accuracy), this monster was born. I don't believe it's actually doing the damage it says it's doing, but I haven't tested it myself. More to come as I get around to testing it.

Kasanagi on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    does anyone have a savegame right before/close to baron flynt? i want to test something, i'd really appreciate it.

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So, just finished the singleplayer, I've got a level 35 Siren, mostly emphasizing the Assassin spec with some other bits taken from the skill tree to add daze attacks, increase durability, and reduce Phasewalk charge time, plus the Mercenary classmod. Suppose I should play with you guys eventually or something.

Wallhitter on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Lessons for the night:

1. I go through a shitload of revolver ammo, and without my pet Roland here to keep me stocked this leads to shortages.

2. Lucky's is NOT a safe place to go shopping. Stopped in to check the specials and a war broke out.

OptimusZed on

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Lessons for the night:

1. I go through a shitload of revolver ammo, and without my pet Roland here to keep me stocked this leads to shortages.

2. Lucky's is NOT a safe place to go shopping. Stopped in to check the specials and a war broke out.

I learned rather quickly the lesson that Lucky's back door is better kept shut

Maddoc on
  • Options
    CroakCroak Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Lessons for the night:

1 obviously gets easier if you get the +Pistol Ammo regen Gunslinger mod..basically it's a five liner that replaces the +Accuracy for the ammo regen. Regens revolver and repeater ammo. In the second playthrough or just slumming around at 50, giving up the bonus accuracy is no big deal, with the bonus on the sniper skill tree and your proficiency bonus.

Less rare than the ammo regen mod is is one of the many Equalizers...just keep one of those hotkeyed and switch to it when revolver ammo is getting low. I also keep a Savior SMG in inventory for the same reason.

Croak on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Lessons for the night:

I learned rather quickly the lesson that Lucky's back door is better kept shut
    This is less effective when the Brute out back manages to clip his shotgun through the door.

@Croak: I wound up keeping a regen gun on me most of the time. I'm not going to trade out my lootfind mods for something as banal as ammunition. :P

OptimusZed on

• Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So I just got this game off Goozex this afternoon.

I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow.

I have to say, this is the best open world shooter I've played.

I absolutely hated Far Cry 2, and I feel like even though this game is not in the same vein, it managed to fulfill a lot of the promises of Far Cry 2.

Hopefully people are still playing this on the PS3 in a few weeks, because I'd love to get some co-op on.

adytum on
  • Options
    GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My Brick's build is starting to struggle in Playthrough 2, and I'm not even to new haven yet. D:

I guess RIP AND TEAR melee focus just doesn't work well in Play 2? I'm sad.

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My Brick's build is starting to struggle in Playthrough 2, and I'm not even to new haven yet. D:

Fortunately, even if they say Brick is more explosive focused, he's got a good few skills that are phenomenal for any gun type.

Rapid Reload and Revenge come to mind.

I'm planning on something like this for him. Those extra five points would ideally go into Pay Back, but the way I hear it that skill doesn't even work at the moment, so until such a time as it is patched they would probably find their way into Endowed.

EDIT: I can't believe I just now noticed this, but apparently Brick is a fan of Elvis.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Giga GopherGiga Gopher Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I think the 'explore the smoke signals in old haven' quest is broken for me. the second I entered old haven it ticked off the 'explore old haven' objective and now says TURN IN! Only Helena won't say anything to me and I can't pull any of the levers next to the smoke signals.

Busted?

Giga Gopher on
    My friend's band - Go on, have a listen
    Cannon+Goose.png
    Oh it's such a nice day, I think I'll go out the window! Whoa!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    You gotta take a look at the corpses in the opening area. You know, the ones you see right as you phase in, the ones that're glowing and flashing a bright "HELLO THAR I'M AN OBJECTIVE!" green.

EDIT: And holy shit apparently when tinkering with guns you can stick parts wherever the fuck you want, or at least in places the particular model doesn't use. I wonder what an SMG with every part marked as a Vector accessory would do, count each part and apply its benifit or just keep overwriting the one before it?

[Ellis]Man, this is gonna' be awesome.[/E]

Sorenson on
  • Options
    Giga GopherGiga Gopher Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Gah, I knew I missed something simple.

Giga Gopher on
    My friend's band - Go on, have a listen
    Cannon+Goose.png
    Oh it's such a nice day, I think I'll go out the window! Whoa!
  • Options
    Inter_dInter_d Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Any PA'ers wanna group up with my little 19 berserker? I try random live matches but those usually end up as mad grabs for guns and silence to people speaking a form of english i've never heard of.

Inter_d on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Maddoc wrote: »

Fortunately, even if they say Brick is more explosive focused, he's got a good few skills that are phenomenal for any gun type.

Rapid Reload and Revenge come to mind.

I'm planning on something like this for him. Those extra five points would ideally go into Pay Back, but the way I hear it that skill doesn't even work at the moment, so until such a time as it is patched they would probably find their way into Endowed.

EDIT: I can't believe I just now noticed this, but apparently Brick is a fan of Elvis.
    My Revenge/Juggernaut/Master Blaster Brick didn't have any trouble in Playthrough 2, or beyond.

Just use the highest damage weapon you have, regardless of accuracy or clip size, and do the following;

1. Find a group of enemies.
    2. Run toward that group of enemies at full speed.
    3. Find one that doesn't have a shield and is on your initial approach vector.
    4. Vaporize him.
    5. Laugh heartily as you gain 50+% DR and your shotgun/revolver/whatever becomes an instrument of divine justice.
    6. Kill EVERYTHING.
    7. Collect their stuff and sell it.
    8. Find the next group and repeat 2-7.

Use of grenades to clear out barrels in the initial charge is optional but suggested.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited November 2009
    It is completily without class and is certainely in bad taste, but man there is nothing like sticking gd_weap_combat_shotgun.Barrel.barrel3_Carnage into every possible slot on a rocket launcher.
    ItemCard00009.jpg
    Not pictured is the x6, which shoots two triple helixes and for which I have no idea as to how it came to be. So yes, we're talking almost 150,000 damage a second. Skagzilla at 51? Done in with a single clip.

It's so fucking awesome even the enemy giblets are frozen in awe:
    Y HALLO THAR
    Borderlands-FrozenGibs.jpg

Sorenson on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    What the deuce?! A full clip to take down Skagzilla? Pffff. Weaksauce.
    daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang
    now read that in scooters voice

Big Classy on
  • Options
    wusoldjrwusoldjr Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I played with a gun modder yesterday, and it was completely not-fun. He ran ahead of the 3 of us the whole time decimating every thing. I'm sure he was having a great time, but the rest of us didn't get to kill anything. I had to leave after 15mins or so. I asked him if he thought his gun was breaking the game, killing the fun. He didn't think so. I couldn't deal and I had to find another lobby.

wusoldjr on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Don't any of you gimmie that look. It's one thing to take great pleasure in twisting the game engine to make obscenely powerful shit for the purpose of seeing if it can actually be done, it's another to use said shit in actual normal play. All my legit stuff's backed up and ready to wipe out these experiments at a moment's notice.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Sorenson wrote: »
    Don't any of you gimmie that look. It's one thing to take great pleasure in twisting the game engine to make obscenely powerful shit for the purpose of seeing if it can actually be done, it's another to use said shit in actual normal play. All my legit stuff's backed up and ready to wipe out these experiments at a moment's notice.

that's exactly what hitler said

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Inter_d wrote: »
    Any PA'ers wanna group up with my little 19 berserker? I try random live matches but those usually end up as mad grabs for guns and silence to people speaking a form of english i've never heard of.

XBox or PC? I've got characters around that level and would be happy to coop if we overlap playtimes. I'll probably be on tonight after 8 Eastern.

Sorenson that screenshot is ridiculous. I added your monstrosity to the rapidly growing gun-modding section in OP part 2.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    i think one of most rewarding things in borderlands is finding awesome weapons that aren't level 48.

i mean sure, hellfires and the like drop like candy after you beat the game a second time, but none of the equipment is even useful to anyone for 48 levels.

i love finding awesome stuff that's level 37 or 44 or something like that. it's really more accessible. :)

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    There's a "Gunsmith Challenge" going on. You make a gun and upload a pic of it. Judging criteria are:

1. Originality (50%);
    2. Creativity (30%);
    3. Composition (20%)

Website is here, official rules are here:
    Official Contest Rules:Borderlands Gunsmith Challenge - No Purchase Necessary

1. DESCRIPTION:NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The "Borderlands Gunsmith Challenge" Contest ("Contest") is a creative design contest offering entrants the opportunity to submit an original artistic work for consideration as described below. The administrator of this Contest is Creative Zing Promotion Group ("Administrator"). The sponsors of the Contest are IGN Entertainment, Inc. and 2K Games (collectively, "Sponsors").

* The Contest will flow as follows: Contest "Submission Period": The contest Submission Period begins on October 20, 2009 ("Start Date") and ends on November 20, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET").
    * Contest Judging: On or about November 20, 2009 through November 27, 2009, eligible Contest submissions will be judged according to the criteria in Section 6 of the Official Rules.
    * Winner Selection & Notification: On or about November 30, 2009, the potential winners will be contacted according to the description in Section 8 of the Official Rules.
    * Winner Announcement: Pending the outcome of eligibility verification, the winners will be announced on or about December 4, 2009.

2. ELIGIBILITY: : Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington, D.C. who are at least 18 years of age and have reached the legal age of majority in their state of primary residence at time of entry. Entrants must have internet access as of Start Date. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors and interns) who have, within six months prior to the Start Date, held employment with or performed services for Sponsors, Administrator (collectively, "Contest Entities") or any organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion of the Contest are not eligible to enter or win. Immediate family and household members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. Void where prohibited.

3. HOW TO ENTER: Visit the Contest website ("Website") during the Contest Submission Period by logging on to http://microsites.ign.com/borderlands/. Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the entry form by providing all of the information requested. Entry will not be complete until Entrant has followed the onscreen prompts to upload and attach their contest submission ("Submission") to the entry. The Submission must be an originally created artistic depiction of a gun. Submissions must be hand-drawn, painted, or created using a graphic design program, and must be submitted digitally in accordance with the specifications listed below. Submissions must be received by November 20, 2009 at 11:59 AM PST. Limited to one (1) entry per person for the duration of the Contest Period. Limit one (1) prize per household. Entrants must provide all information requested to be eligible to win.

Submission Requirements

* The Submission must meet the following guidelines: Submission must be submitted in one of the following formats: .jpg, .gif, .pdf, .bmp or .png

* The Submission must meet the following content restrictions: Submission must NOT exceed 10mb in file size.
    * Submission must NOT have been previously submitted to another Contest, broadcast on a media network or submitted to any entertainment entity that would conflict with this Contest, as determined in the Contest Entities' sole discretion.

Entrants who submit Submissions which violate any of these requirements may be deemed ineligible to receive the prize and their Submission may be void at the Contest Entities' sole discretion. Contest Entities reserve the right to disqualify in their sole and absolute discretion any Submissions deemed inappropriate or that do not comply with the Website's Terms of Use. Submissions may not contain any derogatory references to any Contest Entities. Incomplete or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. Contest Entities reserve the right to determine in their sole discretion which entries have satisfied the entry requirements. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED.

4. DATES & DEADLINES/ANTICIPATED NUMBER OF CONTESTANTS: Because of the unique nature and scope of the Contest, Sponsors reserve the right, in addition to those other rights reserved herein, to modify any date(s) or deadline(s) set forth in these Official Rules or otherwise governing the Contest. Sponsors cannot accurately predict the number of Entrants who will participate in the Contest.

5. MATERIALS/RIGHTS IN SUBMISSIONS: In consideration of a Submission being reviewed and evaluated for this Contest, each Entrant hereby grants to the Contest Entities the non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete or display such Submission, or any portion thereof, including to the extent applicable (a) any information, biographical data, and material (e.g., the "creative" file or Submission) submitted by Entrant in connection with the Contest; and (b) all graphics, statements, and quotations of or by you and furnished by you as part of this Contest (collectively, the "Material"), in any media now known or hereafter devised including, but not limited to all forms of electronic media, print media and all forms of internet and wireless protocol. Each Entrant understands that his or her name and other Materials may be posted on the Website in connection with Contest. Entrant agrees that the Contest Entities have no obligation to post your Submission or any Material on the Website. Each Entrant authorizes the Contest Entities to utilize, for eternity and in any manner they see fit, the Submission provided to Contest Entities, and to make derivative works from such materials solely in connection with the Contest (i.e., without limitation, to create promotional materials). Each Entrant releases the Contest Entities, and their assignees and licensees, from any and all claims or liability (now known or hereafter arising), including but not limited to any claims for defense and/or indemnity, in connection therewith. Each Entrant agrees and acknowledges that participation in the Contest, including, without limitation, the Entrant's decision to provide the Submission to Contest Entities for purposes of the Contest, shall not give rise to any confidential, fiduciary, implied-in-fact, implied-in-law, or other special relationship between the Contest Entities and Entrant, does not place the Contest Entities in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the Entrant's Submission, and that the only contracts, express or implied, between the Contest Entities and Entrant is as set forth in these Official Rules and the release forms. In addition, by participating in the Contest and providing a Submission, each Entrant hereby grants permission (except where prohibited by law) for the Contest Entities to use Entrant's Submission, name, likeness, voice, quotes, comments, biographical information, photograph and/or image for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation or consideration in any and all media now known or hereafter developed throughout the universe. Except as required by law or permitted pursuant to these Contest Official Rules, the Contest Entities will not share an Entrant's information with any third parties.

6. JUDGING CRITERIA: Contest Submissions will be scored based on the three (3) criteria set forth below. All Contest Submissions will be judged on or about November 20, 2009 through November 27, 2009 by a panel of judges to be selected by the Sponsors in their sole discretion ("Judging Panel"). All decisions of the Judging Panel are final and binding in all respects. Contest Submissions will be scored based upon the following criteria, as assessed by each member of the Judging Panel in his or her sole discretion:

1. Originality (50%);
    2. Creativity (30%);
    3. Composition (20%)

7.REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION: Each Entrant represents and warrants as follows: (i) the Submission is the Entrant's own original, previously unpublished work; (ii) the Submission does not contain any computer virus, is otherwise uncorrupted, is wholly original with Entrant, and as of the date of submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; (iii) the Submission does not and will not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; and (iv) the Submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be defamatory or libelous. Each Entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Contest Entities harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of Entrant hereunder.

8.WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: : Winners will be selected by the Judging Panel according to the aforementioned Judging Criteria on or about November 27, 2009. Potential prize winners will be notified by email and/or telephone within approximately five (5) days of aforementioned selection date. Selected winner(s) will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within seventy-two (72) hours (or a shorter time if required by exigencies) of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize. Sponsors and/or Administrator, in their sole discretion, may attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of a prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate prize winner may be selected. Grand prize winner may be required to verify address and to execute before a notary public and return within seven (7) days (or a shorter time if required by exigencies) an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and (where imposing such condition is legal) a publicity release (collectively, the "Prize Claim Documents") covering eligibility, liability, advertising, publicity and media appearance issues. Prize will not be awarded until all such properly executed and notarized Prize Claim Documents are returned.

9.PRIZES: Grand Prize (1): One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected to receive the following: one (1) Alienware M15x; one (1) Panasonic 42"Plasma screen HD TV; one (1) NVIDIA® 3D Vision active shutter glasses kit; one (1) Samsung SyncMaster 2233RZ 3D Vision-Ready LCD display; one (1) Microsoft Xbox360 Arcade system; one (1) copy of the game Borderlands. Estimated Retail Value ("ERV") of Grand Prize: $3,505. First Prize: Five (5) First Prize winners will be selected to receive: one (1) copy of the game Borderlands. ERV of each First Prize: $60. Total value of all prizes to be awarded in the promotion is $3,805.00. Prize winners cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. No prize substitution is allowed except at the discretion of Sponsors. The ERV of any prize is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ERV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. Any difference between the estimated retail value of any prize and the actual value will not be awarded. Winners will be responsible for any and all federal, state and/or local taxes resulting from acceptance of the prize. If prize is awarded but unclaimed/forfeited by recipient, prize may not be re-awarded, in Sponsors' sole discretion. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsors, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value may be awarded. Other restrictions may apply. Limit one (1) prize per person, per household.

10. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of the Sponsors and the Administrator, which shall be final in all respects. Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in this Contest and/or by accepting any prize that they may win, entrants agree to release the Contest Entities; their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, units and divisions and advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers; each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest and/or acceptance or use of the prize. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Contest; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Contest Entities disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest, and reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Sponsors' control, corrupt the administration, security or proper participation of the Contest. Sponsors may prohibit you from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, they determine you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair participation with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. If the Contest is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsors will (if possible) select winner(s) according to the Judging Criteria from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such judging shall be each entrant's sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. This Contest will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within California and you hereby submit to jurisdiction in California.

11. PRIVACY POLICY: Any personal information supplied by you to Sponsors will be subject to their privacy policies posted respectively at http://corp.ign.com/privacy.html and http://www.take2games.com/pp.php. By entering the Contest, you grant Sponsors permission to share your email address and any other personally identifiable information with the other Contest Entities for the purpose of administration and prize fulfillment. Sponsors will not sell, rent, transfer or otherwise disclose your personal data to any third party other than the other Sponsors and as explicitly described herein

12.ADMINISTRATOR: Creative ZING Promotion Group, 100 E. Pine Street, Suite 201, Orlando, FL 32801.

13. SPONSORS: IGN Entertainment, Inc., 8000 Marina Boulevard, 4th Floor, Brisbane, CA 94005; 2K Games, 10 Hamilton Landing, Novato, California, 94949.

14. PRIZE WINNER LIST: For the list of prize winners or a copy of the official rules, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: "Borderlands Gunsmith Challenge" Winner's List or Rules, 100 E. Pine Street, Suite 201, Orlando, FL 32801 (VT residents may omit return postage) by March 31, 2010.

EDIT: Okaaay. Looks like deadline is is 54 minutes.
    Contest "Submission Period": The contest Submission Period begins on October 20, 2009 ("Start Date") and ends on November 20, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET").

As a somewhat rabid consumer of BL news, I'm surprised this is the first I've heard of it. I wonder where they've been promoting it?

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    AnalrapistAnalrapist Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    combhellfire.jpg

This one. This gun is really all you need, even during your second playthrough with three other guys following you. I ripped up all of Old Haven with this thing while my friends were still dying at the first turret.

This gun on soldier class with your fire rate perk all the way up (the one that increases your fire rate with each kill) is bad ass.

Analrapist on
    CheeseSticks15.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah I got lucky and got a endless pistol with fire x2 on it, turned second play through scag hunting into burning of burn (though I also have a 2 shot endless fire revolver with 600+ damage and solid accuracy). Revolvers are pretty much all I carry at this point.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.