Options

Attempted flight bombing thwarted

• Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    ' According to a statement posted Saturday morning on Air Canada’s Web site, the Transportation Security Administration will severely limit the behavior of both passengers and crew during flights in United States airspace — restricting movement in the final hour of flight. Late Saturday morning, the T.S.A. had not yet included this new information on its own Web site.

“Among other things,” the statement in Air Canada’s Web site read, “during the final hour of flight customers must remain seated, will not be allowed to access carry-on baggage, or have personal belongings or other items on their laps.”'
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/27/us/27security.html?_r=1&hp

They can't mean all personal items, surely? People at least will be allowed books and magazines, right?

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    GET 'IM, HE'S GOT A BOOK

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    don't like the sound of "among other things..."

unintentional on
  • Options
    WildEEPWildEEP Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Anyone else a little amused that the attempted terrorists basically just set his nuts on fire and was proceeded to get donkey stomped by an amsterdamian?

First thing into my head was the christmas line about chestnuts roasting over an open fire.

Second thing was a loud declaration from the amsterdamian:

BY THE POWER OF A MILLION HOOKERS, I SMITE THEE

WildEEP on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I hate busch gardens, kings dominion, and everything else like that

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    But roller coasters

unintentional on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    you gay Fandy

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Bale tell me a story
    I am bored in an airport

unintentional on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    there once was a dude named unintentional

who should have brought a book

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    GUESS WHOSE FLIGHT GOT DELAYED AGAIN

unintentional on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited December 2009
    i give up whos flight

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    robothero wrote: »
    i give up whos flight

did I get that wrong? I was like "oh I'm gonna mix up 'who's' and 'whose'" and then I did it anyway.

Well, my flight is delayed another two hours or so

unintentional on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited December 2009
    dang :(

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

your mom?

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Cloudman wrote: »

your mom?

well yes she is going on the plane

total of 6 hours of delays so far

unintentional on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Cloudman wrote: »

your mom?

well yes she is going on the plane

total of 6 hours of delays so far

go up to the closest airport employee and say DELAY THIS in your gruffest and most badass voice

then fart as loudly as possible

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    six and a half hours

unintentional on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    six and a half hours

2:40 onwards

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    Dorktron9000Dorktron9000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    People need to stop posting that clip in these situations.

It's entirely reasonable to expect stuff to happen when the business you're interacting with says it's going to happen. Fuck what Lous CK has to say about it.

Dorktron9000 on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    scarab by that logic EVERYTHING should constantly amaze you

where's the cutoff point to this

Raneados on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    If we just allowed people the dignity of having two overhead luggage compartments and they didn't charge so much for a single Coke, maybe these kinds of things wouldn't happen. It's our own fault, really.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    How does one dude setting his dick on fire even count as terror?

Dorktron9000 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    One of these days I hope the airline industry figures out how to run an airline industry.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Raneados wrote: »
    scarab by that logic EVERYTHING should constantly amaze you

Yes

That is what he is saying.

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    All of my contact with the airline industry is basically them getting mad at me the entire time I am in the airport or on the plane.

Basically, I travel light and also don't give a shit. I constantly leave my stuff in the terminal and go get some coffee or whatever because honestly if someone wants to steal my tshirts and socks then more power to them. Then all the sudden security is flanking me at the book store asking me all sorts of questions.

Dorktron9000 on
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    every time something almost happens in an airplane and it involves another passanger tackling the asshole i always think of dennis leery and his monologue about americans on airplanes armed with pens.

it freaks me out though that even with all our high security, some asshole can smuggle high explosive on board an airplane, yet i cant get toothpaste or a nail file on an airplane

Barcardi on
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    All of my contact with the airline industry is basically them getting mad at me the entire time I am in the airport or on the plane.

Basically, I travel light and also don't give a shit. I constantly leave my stuff in the terminal and go get some coffee or whatever because honestly if someone wants to steal my tshirts and socks then more power to them. Then all the sudden security is flanking me at the book store asking me all sorts of questions.

So you are dumb and don't understand how to follow instructions, nor why those instructions are there.

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    why can't I be upset that a company that has already taken my money is failing to provide the service that I paid them for

a delay from 2:30-9:00 is not a minor issue, it's an entire day spent in an airport

unintentional on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Fire Truck wrote: »

So you are dumb and don't understand how to follow instructions, nor why those instructions are there.

Yeah basically you are selfish and stupid

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

No but think about it, they come and find me instead of just looking in the bag or blowing it up?

Which is easier?

Dorktron9000 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

No but think about it, they come and find me instead of just looking in the bag or blowing it up?

Which is easier?
    Oh man, you are an idiot.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

Which is easier?

Blowing the bag up may be over kill and would cause panic

But approaching what is possibly a live bomb is quite possibly the stupidest thing ever

what the fuck

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    woo, boarding starts in like an hour and a bit.

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Which is easier?

But approaching what is possibly a live bomb is quite possibly the stupidest thing ever

what the fuck

Also, I generally ask the nearest elderly person to watch my stuff and they never vouch for me when the bombsquad starts busting balls

Dorktron9000 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    They should just cut out the middle man and blow you up instead.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Which is easier?

what the fuck

Also, I generally ask the nearest elderly person to watch my stuff and they never vouch for me when the bombsquad starts busting balls

And you didn't just learn?

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I'm the middle man

I am the real terrorist

Dorktron9000 on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dork let's make this clear

someone leaving their items unattended in an AIRPORT

and walking away

I HOPE YOU CAN SEE WHY PEOPLE MIGHT WONDER IF THERE MIGHT BE A BOMB

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    my plane that was supposed to leave five hours ago might start boarding soon!

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Raneados wrote: »
    Dork let's make this clear

someone leaving their items unattended in an AIRPORT

and walking away

I HOPE YOU CAN SEE WHY PEOPLE MIGHT WONDER IF THERE MIGHT BE A BOMB

man, you sound just like them

Dorktron9000 on