As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EQ] Free EverQuest Classic Server - It's Good To Be Back

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm back on P99 as my 34 SK (Zavijah) so shoot me a tell if anyone wants to get a group going. Getting sick of MM and probably heading to Guk at 35.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    SplitshineSplitshine Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm back on P99 as my 34 SK (Zavijah) so shoot me a tell if anyone wants to get a group going. Getting sick of MM and probably heading to Guk at 35.

Or Paw! Love that place but me and Eepa had to basically force people to go there.

Splitshine on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Paw was so much fun but it needed to have a serious loot upgrade to warrant going out there. It was just soooo far away from anything. I used to go in there with my 50 shaman during vanilla just to wander around.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Kanashimi MitsukaiKanashimi Mitsukai Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So decided to hop back on this after getting some RL stuff sorted out. Gonna play more casually. If you guys need anything just message Tones in game. And Kunark is coming out! You guys should check it out.

Kanashimi Mitsukai on
    3DS Friend Code: 1676-3733-4207
  • Options
    OtistheGuardOtistheGuard Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I reinstalled the game today. I'm a level 17 Ranger, currently in Gfay. Where should I go to level?

OtistheGuard on
    SC2: Cleomenes.943
    XBL: Aspis 9
    Lotro (Landroval): Cleomenes [Champion], Ilithano [Captain]
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Get bound in Freeport and head to oasis. Get panic animal on your hotbar and fear kite deepwater crocs/caiman to 20 then head over and group in upper guk. It's that or head straight to guk if you're more of a grouping person.

Splitshine on
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Splitshine wrote: »
    Get bound in Freeport and head to oasis. Get panic animal on your hotbar and fear kite deepwater crocs/caiman to 20 then head over and group in upper guk. It's that or head straight to guk if you're more of a grouping person.

Panic animal is a level 22 ranger spell and they don't get it on P1999. Not until Velious anyway.

Shogun on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Eeeeenteresting. In that case I recommend either unrest or upper guk groups. Both are great exp and unrest has the extra quality of being on edge constantly because of "OH SHI-" pulls. They're always fun.

Splitshine on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    New changes to resists and aggro suck but they're manageable. SK is about to hit 40, want to be in 45 by the time Kunark comes out on Friday. Anyone in that range /tell Zavijah and I'll pull/tank/whatever for you.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    ShiningfuryShiningfury Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'd like to reminisce. Two close friends were playing this game when it was new and kept encouraging me to try it. I finally did, logged in, created a half-elf ranger, and they gave me a bunch of gear. Some of it was top-end back when the game was new: a FBSS, two Ykeshas, and some armor that I can't remember. They weren't e-wealthy, they just both played casters but had stockpiled some great melee gear. To put it another way, they gave me the best stuff they had because we were friends.

So I played for a few hours in Greater Faydark then wandered into Lesser Faydark. It was the middle of the night in that zone and I didn't know how bad that could be. I wandered into a hell of ultra-elite undead and died. If you've never known anything but WoW you might not think much of dying. In EQ there was no spirit healer. If you died, you had to find your body. I couldn't find my body. LFay at night was dark. As a low level character back then you had a time limit to find your body before it decayed forever. I didn't find my body. I couldn't reach my friends via phone to get help. My body with all that rare loot DISAPPEARED. The guilt was crushing.

That's my EQ story. I ended up giving them both real life cash to absolve my soul.

Shiningfury on
  • Options
    RogeanRogean Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Corpses are never lost forever. Petition to get it summoned.

Rogean on
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Rogean wrote: »

what the fuck are you doing on this forum

Shogun on
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Shogun wrote: »

what the fuck are you doing on this forum

heh

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    RogeanRogean Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Am I not allowed? :P

Rogean on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Am I not allowed? :P

nah it was just more of a surprise to see that handle on the latest post of the thread

Shogun on
  • Options
    BigShoesPleaseBigShoesPlease Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just to clarify there isn't really a PA guild anymore is there? My friend and I started playing together but he has pretty much quit due to a sudden avalanche of responsibility falling on him. Now here I am, a troll stuck without a port in GFay. I'm probably going to delete the character once Iksars are live, but I've got a lot of money and some gear on this guy that I'd rather get home safetly first so I can give to said Iksar eventually.

BigShoesPlease on
    Elite 4 Member -PAX East Pokemon League 2011

Pokemon HG Friend Code - 4727 5395 3290
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    What's your character name? I can port you out of gfay with my druid Indasha tonight around 12am est. I would do it sooner except I haven't got p99 to work on Android like that one guy on YouTube

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    SkayelSkayel Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just in case people weren't aware, Kunark gets released today! So for those few who were at level 50 and waiting for it to come around, the time has come. I'm sorta absorbed by Rift right now, but I might play some.

Skayel on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    God damnit kunark has to get released on a day I'm stuck at work until 930. Why couldn't it have been yesterday?

Oh well my druid is sitting at max experience so superior healing and then karnors until the sun comes up tomorrow. I need 53 asap so I can charm entrance mobs in chardok for mega exp and loot

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Add Wyntaria to the player's list ( 21 and growing enchanter)

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    MyCoCoMyCoCo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh my, how I am tempted to come back for a look even though I went cold turkey and did so well with regular sleep patterns and everything...but Kunark! I am also here to check out how my good friends the wizard, the druid and the other wizard are doing (those dudes being Gandite, Artulas and Eepa).

MyCoCo on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    MyCoCo wrote: »
    Oh my, how I am tempted to come back for a look even though I went cold turkey and did so well with regular sleep patterns and everything...but Kunark! I am also here to check out how my good friends the wizard, the druid and the other wizard are doing (those dudes being Gandite, Artulas and Eepa).

I quit playing shortly after you did. Haven't been in game in weeks, and I would need to update my files to even log in. I check out the forums every once in a while to see what's worth bitching about at the moment, but that's pretty much it. Apparently all the big raid guilds merged or reformed or something.

I'll be honest I don't remember what I changed the password to your account to.

Shogun on
  • Options
    MyCoCoMyCoCo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wow, how come you stopped? Had assumed you would be all over the planes and getting ready to shoot to 60.

Was mostly just checking in to see how people were/if anyone was still around.

MyCoCo on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    MyCoCo wrote: »
    Wow, how come you stopped? Had assumed you would be all over the planes and getting ready to shoot to 60.

Was mostly just checking in to see how people were/if anyone was still around.

Wasting far too much time getting frustrated over nonsense. I've cut out all my distractions and I'm considerably more productive. As fun as EQ is it really is silly to devote so much time and energy to it. Even with Kunark out I have no desire to update my files and log in.

edit: although Drut you might be interested to know that I think there is a possibility of there being a P99 TZ/VZ server. You were all about some pvp weren't you?

Shogun on
  • Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Well that makes me feel not so bad about not logging in a a few weeks. Might check out Kunark at some point though, so many memories.

Malakaius on
    PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Eepa and myself haven't been on in weeks either. I've still got it installed (don't think I've ever uninstalled it) and have the spell files updated. I'm liking the whole (more) normal sleeping pattern thing.

Kew-nark though... Man... So many good memories of my druid, warrior and necromancer on live.. Daaaaaaaaamn.

Although, Drut, if you're gonna be rolling a new toon, I might be convinced to log on and "support" you with some buffs and heals... and probably get called a boxer again but fuck them haters.

Splitshine on
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I forgot how much I missed the Firepot room, wee!

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    GhostManOnThirdGhostManOnThird Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Fuck I want to play but I know I shouldn't.

So I won't.

...at least for awhile.

Also Art, as if you gotta be convinced to log on. hah.

GhostManOnThird on
  • Options
    NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    @Rogean, Did you used to play on The Nameless server? That name sounds really familar. Im sure it's just something else.

Noizlanif on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I did a tour on a newbie iksar and the sigts were a pleasure to behold. Now if I only had a high level char to run around the other zones.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    So... I logged on... For shits and giggles and just to have a run around kunark... Ended up in dreadlands after picking up the various new druid ports and somehow, again, it took alot of convincing me, I ended up in a group with a mage and enchanter. Few hours later I'm still there and we still haven't stopped pulling mobs. Ding 44. Man, I get suckered into that game too easily.

Splitshine on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    So this is still a thing. I don't know if any of the other original PA crew are around but I'm having a blast in Kunark. PM me or /tell Indasha if you're still around. May have to start a new guild as I don't know what's happened to Exquisite.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It is still a thing. Unfortunately, I'm on OS X now, and need to purchase Windows 7 before I can Boot Camp to play this again.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I've been playing on the progression server on live, hopefully Kunark is unlocked next week. So far I've been having a blast

Vladimer on
  • Options
    FryholeFryhole Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Vladimer wrote: »
    I've been playing on the progression server on live, hopefully Kunark is unlocked next week. So far I've been having a blast

It's not really classic though, right? From what I've seen on the p99 forums, a lot of people who were doing progression just switched over to p99 when Sony was down. (we had a nice 50% exp bonus going also, wish it was still back)

I'm on p99 as my druid, Kudzu, or my enchanter, Death - druid is my highest @ lvl 25, but if anyone needs a hand feel free to shoot me a tell.

Edit: Gah, they just dropped a patch and introduced the DoT nerf. (66% reduced damage if the target is moving) - not sure about my druid now, as my root spell is pretty mediocre. =/

Fryhole on
  • Options
    VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    no it's not pureblood classic, but I like it better that way. I really couldn't stand all of the "that isn't classic" purists on p99 and I actually like using the new models - I'm confident the progression may not get past PoP and that's basically my comfort zone, so

Vladimer on
  • Options
    fructofuranosefructofuranose Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Playing this as my lvl 8 Enchanter, Aprotic. Currently beating up orcs in CB.

Also have my lvl 19 (naked) Cleric, Jeebo still. :P

e: Correction, I am standing at the zoneline of CB, zoning in and out as idiots drag 10+ mob trains to the zone line. Over. And. Over.

fructofuranose on
    GT: fructofuranose | Steam: fructose-1,6-bisphosphate | LoL: terrapin station
  • Options
    pdxaaronpdxaaron Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I still play. Currently running a necro up the ladder (41 or so now). Shoot me a message in game if you need a little help getting started. I don't have much, but I'd be happy to help out where I can. This character's Evilashh, and still spending time in Misty making mountains of pp off of guards.

pdxaaron on
  • Options
    NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I seriously want to try this, as I miss this game tons. Only problem is finding a copy of the titanium client that won't cost me a metricfuckton of cash, or get me in trouble for being a Yarr Matey. Any Ideas? or am I outta luck on this one.

Noizlanif on
  • Options
    KarrmerKarrmer Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If you purchased the game in the past, I don't see why downloading it from a torrent makes you a pirate. I'd say it doesn't at all, as even Sony allows you to download their client for free.

I have purchased and own about 11 different EQ accounts, ranging from the Titanium era to full House of Thule boxes (I bought 4 House of Thule boxes recently for the Progression server, and me and my buddy 6 box there on Vulak). I do not have my Titanium CD's anymore, so I downloaded the client.

Is this somehow bad? Am I going to get trouble? I really don't think so. If you've never played Everquest and didn't spend 10 years of your life paying them subscription fees, I could get the argument, but I doubt any of us fall into that boat.

Karrmer on
This discussion has been closed.