As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EQ] Free EverQuest Classic Server - It's Good To Be Back

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    rayofash wrote: »
    Have the maps been fixed yet? I played this last year but I kept getting lost because the maps didn't match the actual environment.

I make my own maps :P

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    KUNARK IS COMING

KUNARK IS COMING

EJ and Trak's Teeth just went live. I'm hearing two weeks on the grapevine. Which sucks because I'm going to ding 50 just in time to get 10 MORE LEVELS NAIFHSIFBNAKFN

Shogun on
  • Options
    MrOlettaMrOletta Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ugh, that sucks. I was hoping to have some more time to hit 50. My bard is only 22 :(.

MrOletta on
  • Options
    NorthNorth Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The new progression server is going to be time locked AND require a majority vote to open up new expansions. Should prevent one guild from rushing through and unlocking everything in 6 months.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?&topic_id=173099

North on
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    North wrote: »
    The new progression server is going to be time locked AND require a majority vote to open up new expansions. Should prevent one guild from rushing through and unlocking everything in 6 months.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?&topic_id=173099

And cost a monthly fee, correct?

Endaro on
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Of course they are in the business of making money.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    They should really do a free 1999 style server, with convenience crap you can buy with sony bux.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    well, im intrigued, though at 23 its a pita to get from the Overthere to lake of ill omen.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    LordaenLordaen Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well cool. Looks like we'll be getting Kunark around March 25th.

Lordaen on
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Guys so everyone knows I'm probably deguilding shortly to join some raiding crap. With Drut leaving the only way I'm going to keep playing is if I try to move forward. I can't keep raiding freelance because it screws me on loot and it isn't fair to the other guilds. Currently everyone that is in Exquisite that plays is on my friends list. I'm always a /tell away and do not hesitate to ask for help or for a port if you need it. I don't want to bail because I don't want to have to deal with a huge group of new people but otherwise I feel like I have no reason to keep playing. My shadowknight is still guilded and should I roll an I intend to play at any point I'll look to get him guilded if you guys are around.

Before anyone asks yeah Drut gave me his account and no I'm not doing anything with it. No one is getting items or money or anything else from it. I changed his passwords and whatnot so its basically going to sit dormant. I have no expectation that Drut will ever return but I'm not going to delete the shit he worked so hard to create. Spent a long time with the bloke and frankly I don't want what isn't mine.

I'm probably joining TMO and they have also extended the offer to everyone in Exquisite. It doesn't matter what level you are. They've got various levels and they are starting to raid. It might give you more people to group with and more friends to make as well as a chance to raid the endgame if you're interested. I believe both myself and Dyne are currently guild leaders. If anyone wants to become an officer so you can invite new players or whatever just let me know in the next day or two. I don't plan to stay tagged much longer.

Shogun on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I've confirmed with TMO that anyone from Exquisite is welcome to come with me. Look up Alkorin or Beovvulf to get tagged if you'd like.

edit: Gonna make this even easier on you guys. To remove myself from Exquisite I have to either transfer leadership, which it won't let me because its bugged and stupid, or I have to disband Exquisite. It feels really weird to do it this way but there isn't much of an alternative besides petitioning and I'm not bothering with that. If you log in to discover Exquisite is no more you'll at least know why.

edit 2: It won't let me deguild, transfer leadership, or disband the guild. Trapped like rats.

Shogun on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Just a random question, I bought Everquest on Steam and have access to it's client. Would I be able to play on this server, or does it require a boxed version?

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Arthil wrote: »
    Just a random question, I bought Everquest on Steam and have access to it's client. Would I be able to play on this server, or does it require a boxed version?

The setup guide prefers the Titanium client or the Secrets of Faydwer client.

Shogun on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Shogun wrote: »
    Arthil wrote: »

The setup guide prefers the Titanium client or the Secrets of Faydwer client.

Well I have two things here in my games library, one is Seeds of Destruction, the other is Secrets of Faydwer. So it -might- work, hm.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Exquisite has been disbanded lads. You've got a home at TMO should you choose to do so. Seek out Alkorin or Beovvulf for an invite. Simply tell them you were with Gandite or Exquisite and they should hook you up. If you choose to fly solo I understand. You're all on my friends list and I'm just a /tell away. I hope to see you all again soon.

Shogun on
  • Options
    SplitshineSplitshine Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Gonna make this even easier on you guys. To remove myself from Exquisite I have to either transfer leadership, which it won't let me because its bugged and stupid, or I have to disband Exquisite. It feels really weird to do it this way but there isn't much of an alternative besides petitioning and I'm not bothering with that. If you log in to discover Exquisite is no more you'll at least know why.
    Shogun wrote:
    Exquisite has been disbanded lads.

That was your choice? My petition to get you guild leadership took hardly any time at all and yet you chose to disband a guild that belonged to more than just you, so that you could get your tag and raid?

Forgive my bluntness, but I don't see why you've gone and done that and not just got a GM to transfer the leadership over and deguild you.

Splitshine on
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I understand the desire to get in to the raiding guild, but you could have waited more than a day for any response before just disbanding the whole thing.

Endaro on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I did petition. I had to petition to do anything because despite my status as leader none of the commands worked. I also asked to transfer leadership to you Artulas but Hobby said if you weren't online he couldn't do it. Am I simply to wait around for someone to log in and hope a GM is online at the same time? Besides Xico PMed me about keeping us all together in TMO so I made sure the door was open for anyone who was interested.

Shogun on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Am I simply to wait around for someone to log in and hope a GM is online at the same time?

Would that really have been that difficult? So you might have had to attend an extra raid with the Exquisite tag, I'm sure that TMO aren't douchebags enough to exclude you from DKP (or whatever system they use) because the transfer couldn't be done within a day.

But whatever, it's happened and there's nowt we can do about it. For now, can we have a show of hands for Exquisite being revived, please? So long as there is support, I'll throw up a petition. I'm sure Hobby or one of the other GM's will understand. Let me stress that there is absolutely NO pressure on you to say yes to the exquisite revival, Gandite's offer will no doubt still be valid to those that want to join TMO and we'll have no grudge or bad feelings aimed at you should you want to do so.

Splitshine on
  • Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    /em raises hand for Exquisite Revival.

Malakaius on
    PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Splitshine wrote: »
    Am I simply to wait around for someone to log in and hope a GM is online at the same time?

Would that really have been that difficult? So you might have had to attend an extra raid with the Exquisite tag, I'm sure that TMO aren't douchebags enough to exclude you from DKP (or whatever system they use) because the transfer couldn't be done within a day.

But whatever, it's happened and there's nowt we can do about it. For now, can we have a show of hands for Exquisite being revived, please? So long as there is support, I'll throw up a petition. I'm sure Hobby or one of the other GM's will understand. Let me stress that there is absolutely NO pressure on you to say yes to the exquisite revival, Gandite's offer will no doubt still be valid to those that want to join TMO and we'll have no grudge or bad feelings aimed at you should you want to do so.

Dude I've seen you twice for 10 minutes in the last week. I did everything I could when I petitioned. Also, I never asked for leadership. In your original petition you could have easily given yourself leader and this would not have been a problem. It also would not have been a problem if Uthgaard hadn't left two people with leadership as it bugs the entire system. I couldn't even deguild through a petition without someone else being online.

Shogun on
  • Options
    A Flock of WalrusA Flock of Walrus For the Greater Good! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Is this P1999 server still pretty popular?

This timelock release thing sort of confuses me and I figured if P1999 is doing the exact same thing, why bother buying/subbing to the read thing.

A Flock of Walrus on
    PNA1v.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Is this P1999 server still pretty popular?

This timelock release thing sort of confuses me and I figured if P1999 is doing the exact same thing, why bother buying/subbing to the read thing.

Sony has reactivated all accounts until the 21st I believe. And yes P1999 is quite popular. Currently about 700 online.

Shogun on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'm going to be playing on the new official progression server if anyone wants to join me.

North on
  • Options
    GhostManOnThirdGhostManOnThird Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah an exquisite revival would be nice.

Artulas will sort it.

GhostManOnThird on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Petition sent in, will keep you guys informed of the happenings.

Splitshine on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Went away to Scotland for the weekend and my post in the petition section of the forums hasn't been seen (it's still on 1 view). Rebumping and trying to get the Exquisite tag back tonight.

Splitshine on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    So i got a reply to the petition i sent in on the forums after bumping it a few times.

It said:

"Make an in game petition to create a guild."

I've missed you, step one.

Splitshine on
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Okay so is it true they made it take even longer to level on the new progression server? Because a friend told me they made it take like 5x the amount of exp needed to level and that is hilarious. They are straight up trolling now. No other explanation.

I briefly considered playing on it since I played on the last prog server and enjoyed it, but damn. Then again I doubt I could commit the time. I'd only be happy if I was in the guild doing the progression like last time. At least this time there wouldn't have been people bitching at us for going too fast thanks to the voting thing.

Though I'm pretty convinced because of said votes, the server will never progress past Kunark.

Adus on
  • Options
    KarrmerKarrmer Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The servers will move along fine, and XP is perfectly fine if you group. They're killing bosses faster than RoI did on the Combine, so it seems fine.

Karrmer on
  • Options
    B.D.V.B.D.V. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    What kind of characters do all the cool kids roll these days? Cool kids who like groups.

B.D.V. on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Adus wrote: »
    Though I'm pretty convinced because of said votes, the server will never progress past Kunark.

I thought velious was pretty awesome too tbh.

EDIT: Guild got made while I was offline, apparently they can only make them during low population times cause it'll lag the server otherwise. Send Art a tell P99'ers.

Splitshine on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I jumped on the live servers to check it out. It is true that it takes tons of kills to level. I was running around toxx killing yellow beetles and I had killed 10 or so and was only 1.5 oranges into level 1. Yeah you read that right. Killing around 10 yellows and I was only 1.5 oranges into a level.

But the other side was I had the updated spells at my disposal. My frost spell at level one was doing 12 dmg instead of 6 or so. I just couldnt get past the redone zones though. Especially with them mixxed in with the old zones.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    B.D.V.B.D.V. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I've got a level 5 shaman named Soulwind if anyone wants to group. Currently join a nice low level guild farming blackburrow like I did 10 years ago :P Nostalgia

B.D.V. on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    I jumped on the live servers to check it out. It is true that it takes tons of kills to level. I was running around toxx killing yellow beetles and I had killed 10 or so and was only 1.5 oranges into level 1. Yeah you read that right. Killing around 10 yellows and I was only 1.5 oranges into a level.

Yet, after 8 days people were already, and in hilarious fashion, arguing about raid targets? That is some insane dedication/MDMA abuse.

Splitshine on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Splitshine wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Yet, after 8 days people were already, and in hilarious fashion, arguing about raid targets? That is some insane dedication/MDMA abuse.

Oh it wasnt hard. With I saw many people dual boxing or more and by myself I was able to kill two beetles and have a sit and mana restored in under 5 min.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    What they did to experience was 'smooth' it out. The lower levels do take longer than usual BUT the higher ones average out to less time per level. I think the first guy to 50 was a bard with a couple mages as boxed characters and he did it in 5-6 days. My character name on Fippy is Baudite if anyone is playing there and wants to say hi or needs help with something.

North on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    What they did was cap the amount of experience a mob can give you at lower levels, I think it stops capping at about level 6 or so.

Basically, as an example of why it seems so slow, this is essentially how it works:

Solo an even con monster at level 1 - gain approx 10 experience (made up number for reference)

OR, kill an even con monster at level 1 in a full group of 6 players - each player gains about 10 to 12 experience, it seems to actually be a little more than you get for soloing a mob, probably because of the group bonus.

What this means is the low levels really arent all that slow if you bother to get a full group going and you all just shred mobs. This requires obviously finding other players to group with and having enough mobs to sustain you.

Karrmer on
  • Options
    JishianJishian ◥▶◀◤ Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That doesn't sound very classic.

I'm loving/hating P1999 though.

Still have my crazy class envy identity issues too, can never stick with just one class.

Jishian on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Jishian wrote: »
    That doesn't sound very classic.

I'm loving/hating P1999 though.

Still have my crazy class envy identity issues too, can never stick with just one class.

It definitely isn't, but this isn't supposed to be a classic server, just a progression server. P1999 is amazing and I am very excited for Kunark, but the rate at which these expansions get released (likely a minimum 2 more years, if ever, to see Velious?) has me a bit disappointed.

Karrmer on
This discussion has been closed.