As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DRAGON AGE: KUSU GETS LAID

1313233343537»

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nope

captaink on
  • Options
    EfesellEfesell Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    captaink wrote: »
    Shale is such a better tank than Alistair it's unreal.

Only early on though.
    Late game and with all the awesome gear you can get for Alistair he'll reign supreme as a tank.

Efesell on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I was telling a friend of mine how awesome the Fade section of the Tower was

"Yeah man, it's totally kinda like Metroid it's so cool."

I completely failed to take into account that he has a rogue specced only for archery.

It's the most painful thing I've seen

Seriously on
  • Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Seriously wrote: »
    I was telling a friend of mine how awesome the Fade section of the Tower was

"Yeah man, it's totally kinda like Metroid it's so cool."

I completely failed to take into account that he has a rogue specced only for archery.

It's the most painful thing I've seen

Doesn't that pretty much describe the entire game for him?

I mean archery is so bad in DA seeing someone actively spec in it must be like watching a paraplegic try and win a 500 meter dash.

Raynaga on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    And then you get to Awakening and archers murder everything.

Efesell on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Efesell wrote: »
    captaink wrote: »
    Shale is such a better tank than Alistair it's unreal.

Only early on though.
    Late game and with all the awesome gear you can get for Alistair he'll reign supreme as a tank.
    Maybe, but when you get the highest quality crystals for Shale then you get this:
    DAOPartycopy-1.jpg
    Which is way cooler than Alistair could ever look. Plus Shale doesn't whine, I liked Alistair and I still thought he was annoying at times.

edit-
    Oh they included the archery fix in Awakening? I tried the hot-fix they released but there are too many rooms filled with just archers that I was always running and getting eaten alive.

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

You can patch the main game to get the same thing. They coded dex and str wrong on rogues in the main game, which had a really negative effect on archery and even hurt their melee a bit.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I was more referring to the new Accuracy skill, I'm not sure about any fixes.

Efesell on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Can I import a character into Awakenings if I haven't beaten the game with that character yet?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

When the game launched rogues were not getting the bonuses to skills from dexterity that they should have. Basically, certain skills relied on str for damage, but a rogue should have gotten their dex to also count. This is how they had abilities shared by rogues and warriors.

Archery at launch was complete garbage because none of the dex on a rogue would translate to damage. There was a player made patch that helped, but it also gave the bonus to NPC characters and enemies, and it made those bandit packs with like 3 to 5 archers impossible to kill. Eventually they made another patch, then the game got officially fixed.

Archery with the proper stats scaling to damage is awesome. I'm playing through as a Dalish archer now and with me and a mage in the back things are like 3/4 dead before they even reach Shale (tank) and Ogren (DPS warrior).

Hunter on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Wait, so I no longer need a mod for the archery fix, just the latest patch?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hunter wrote: »

When the game launched rogues were not getting the bonuses to skills from dexterity that they should have. Basically, certain skills relied on str for damage, but a rogue should have gotten their dex to also count. This is how they had abilities shared by rogues and warriors.

Archery at launch was complete garbage because none of the dex on a rogue would translate to damage. There was a player made patch that helped, but it also gave the bonus to NPC characters and enemies, and it made those bandit packs with like 3 to 5 archers impossible to kill. Eventually they made another patch, then the game got officially fixed.

Archery with the proper stats scaling to damage is awesome. I'm playing through as a Dalish archer now and with me and a mage in the back things are like 3/4 dead before they even reach Shale (tank) and Ogren (DPS warrior).

I'll have to keep this in mind for new characters, I always did like using archery in these games.

Efesell on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    From what I understand it was corrected for in an official patch. Just be warned that some of the mods to fix it made it a bit overpowered.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ahahahah the April Fools DLC is the best thing.

Efesell on
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Question about Alistair and Awakening

Spoilered for those still working through Origins.
    Whats his role in the expansion if you didnt make him king?

Aretè on
  • Options
    ScrumScrum __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Aretè wrote: »
    Question about Alistair and Awakening

Spoilered for those still working through Origins.
    Whats his role in the expansion if you didnt make him king?
    Anora is queen and she comes instead. If you spared her daddy, he visits you and brings you a present.

Scrum on