As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Horror Movies] Gotta Be Nuts To See The Crazies?

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    That is

Actually the perfect perfect gift for my best friend's birthday

I hope it comes out sometime in the next month or it'll have to be a late present

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    i am the biggest baby for scary movies

I'll go

but i will be FREAKING OUT the ENTIRE TIME

plus several days afterward

Raneados on
  • Options
    feebsiclefeebsicle a feebs Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    You know what's scary? That movie with that girl that goes to camp, and all these murders happen. Then at the end
    it turns out it was her, but also that she's actually a little boy. S/he stands over a dead body with a bloody knife and no clothes on, with a scary open-mouthed stare, and hisses at everyone. The movie is pretty dumb, but that one part is freakin' creepy.

I can't remember what it's called though.

feebsicle on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited February 2010
    vsove wrote: »
    I really liked The Descent.

I have to praise it in every horror thread.

I love the descent!

I showed it to my friend and he was hiding behind a cushion

bongi on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    your friend was meeeeeee

Raneados on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited February 2010
    you wish

bongi on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    oh "friend" eh

that kind

Raneados on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The Descent was the last movie I remember watching and being incredibly freaked out. I watched it by myself in the dark in my old basement.

That was probably a stupid idea.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Wow the different endings to paranormal activity really affect how you feel about the movie. The cop ending is by far the best and the most haunting. The demony ending, lame.

Prohass on
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm a bit of a baby when it comes to scary movies

but I wasn't freaked out by the orphanage at all, at all

FAQ on
  • Options
    Agent VesagoAgent Vesago Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All Bastard. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    feebsicle wrote: »
    You know what's scary? That movie with that girl that goes to camp, and all these murders happen. Then at the end
    it turns out it was her, but also that she's actually a little boy. S/he stands over a dead body with a bloody knife and no clothes on, with a scary open-mouthed stare, and hisses at everyone. The movie is pretty dumb, but that one part is freakin' creepy.

Sleepaway Camp.

Agent Vesago on
    Clowns.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hah.

Funny story about The Orphanage.

I was reading this thread through and I was like, wow, everyone really likes this movie, I can't believe I missed it. So I got all set to watch it and scare the crap out of myself and immediately realized that I had seen it, and felt exactly the same way as you do, FAQ. Apparently I also decided it wasn't even worth storing in my long-term memory under 'Don't Bother to Watch Again'.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I freaking loved Paranormal Activity, especially with the cop ending, im itching for more stuff exactly like it, but sad because ive seen Blair Witch and Quarantine, so ive basically seen everything like it. People can complain all they want about the camera effect, ie that its a gimmick and everything, but I think it has its place in horror, and no matter how cheesy the immediacy and sense of "being there" is unparalelled. Paranormal activity felt like you were a kid again and afraid of the dark under your bed.

Prohass on
  • Options
    Agent VesagoAgent Vesago Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All Bastard. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    My favorite part of Paranormal Activity was
    When the chick was asleep in bed and the sheet pulls away. Then her leg is grabbed by the ghost/spirit, she gets dragged down the hallway waking up halfway and starts screaming.

Agent Vesago on
    Clowns.jpg
  • Options
    CatnipCatCatnipCat Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Man that part of Paranormal Activity was good. The best part was when the title for the last day came up, and you knew that some shit was gonna happen.

And then shit did happen.

And by shit I mean tears. Because I have a big sandy vagina.

CatnipCat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    omega71omega71 Too old for a title, too ornery to care. Sacramento, CaliRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Anyone catch this show when it aired?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9trU9y96m0

Nothing to do with the movie series they named it after but it was still pretty decent. Shame I can only remember one episode more or less. It involved this guy who had a fountain pen that I think could do anything he wanted when he wrote it out as long as he killed someone with the pen first. Had this nasty moment where his mom died, so he used the pen to bring her back to life but by the time he wrote out his wish, his mom was on a mortician's table, having just had her blood replaced with embalming fluid..

I loved this show so much, its a shame that Warehouse 13 borrowed so much from this show, and yet it still sucked.

omega71 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    what does freak me out are blind psychic english ladies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYICwstBwnM

FAQ on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    FAQ isn't afraid of old ladies, he's terrified of Julie Christie. Ever since Doctor Zhivago.

But then, aren't we all? (Donald Sutherland is fantastic in everything.)
    Prohass wrote: »
    I freaking loved Paranormal Activity, especially with the cop ending, im itching for more stuff exactly like it, but sad because ive seen Blair Witch and Quarantine, so ive basically seen everything like it. People can complain all they want about the camera effect, ie that its a gimmick and everything, but I think it has its place in horror, and no matter how cheesy the immediacy and sense of "being there" is unparalelled. Paranormal activity felt like you were a kid again and afraid of the dark under your bed.

All I saw was 'kid' and 'afraid of the dark' and now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZM0jrknbfI

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    what is the cop ending of Paranormal? DVD or something?

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    sali I haven't watched that

but is that the "I'm cold" kid

FAQ on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You bet your ass it is

Scared the pants off me when I was a kid

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    DodgeBlan wrote: »

I have no idea since I saw it at the cinema, and my sis saw it in america at a hotel and it was apparently a different ending.
    The ending i saw had her throw the husband at the camera, then a demon face appears on her. It was shit.

The better ending my sister saw had nothing but her rocking in the room for 2 days until the police show up, she has a knife in her hand and is delirious and they fire on her, she'd stabbed her husband down stairs.

I havent actually seen that ending but anything would be better than the shitty 'youtube demonface' ending.

I assume the alternate endings are on the dvd, not sure.

Prohass on
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Prohass wrote: »
    DodgeBlan wrote: »

I have no idea since I saw it at the cinema, and my sis saw it in america at a hotel and it was apparently a different ending.
    The ending i saw had her throw the husband at the camera, then a demon face appears on her. It was shit.

The better ending my sister saw had nothing but her rocking in the room for 2 days until the police show up, she has a knife in her hand and is delirious and they fire on her, she'd stabbed her husband down stairs.

I havent actually seen that ending but anything would be better than the shitty 'youtube demonface' ending.

I assume the alternate endings are on the dvd, not sure.

Daaaamn that is way better. that cop ending is way better than the one i saw.

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I want to see Shutter Island

Movie looks good

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    i agree, i'd like to see that

and that descent movie

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I rented Paranormal Activity and the DVD only had the original ending and the the one where she
    cuts her own throat

I want to see this cop ending

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    let's all talk about endings to movies without spoilers

FAQ on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    FAQ wrote: »
    let's all talk about endings to movies without spoilers

so, how about that Planet of the Apes

Antimatter on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Rosebud is the sled.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ape lincoln

FAQ on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    if I were starting all again I would make this my avatar, no doubt

planet%20abe%20is%20an%20ape.jpg

FAQ on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    feebsicle wrote: »

Sleepaway Camp, which was the most INSANE movie

What was that David Lynch movie where Willem Dafoe pees in Laura Dern's hair? That was also insane

Similarly insane: the ending of Little Black Book

though that's technically not horror

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    down for any movie with dafoe's dick

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited February 2010
    what was that film where the woman is pregnant but the baby dies in the womb and she carries to term but when she gives birth it's somehow alive?

bongi on
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    It's Alive! maybe?

Doesn't the baby also kill everyone in the emergency room somehow?

HeadCreeps on
    vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2010
    The Happening is the very best horror movie. I have to watch it everytime it comes on HBO. It's like a drug to me.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    god raijin what

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    god raijin what

It's so awful it actually breaks through the horrible side of the scale and comes out on top of the awesome side.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I guess it's not fair to say best horror film because it fails miserably as a horror movie. However, as an unintentional comedy, it is one of the best.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    It's Alive! maybe?

Doesn't the baby also kill everyone in the emergency room somehow?

Delivery room

Owenashi on