As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Modern Warfare 2: A Series of Tubes (Map pack out now!)

• Options
    Mr. BungleMr. Bungle Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Robman wrote: »
    Fucking G18s. I love them so much when I'm sniping, but hate them so much when some prickwad decides to ventilate my asshole lovingly with a pair of them.

I know the feeling.

Mr. Bungle on
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm not a big gun nut outside of video games, but considering the AUG family is quite popular in the Australian Defence Force, there is a bit of pride involved when using it.

Every time I see it in game my mind goes back to the drills we used to do in the Cadets with stripping it down and assembling it again. It's pretty much like a piece of Tupperware that brings death.

But yeah - AUG+Grip is civilization for holding Domination points. You don't even have to go prone half the time - just drop to your knee, put the spike of the ironsight on their throat and let the good times roll.

RisenPhoenix on
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Am I the only one who named his Sniper loadout "Wesley"?

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So, I quit.

Horrible MW2 weekend. Entirely too many instances of absolutely lighting up an opponent, clearly seeing hit markers, only to either have them one shot me, or teleport to my location and stab me (commando or not, didn't fucking matter). Watch the killcam, they were not hit once.

Everyone has bad rounds, and when I do I usually take it like a man and stick with it. I rage-quit no less than 5 times this weekend. I would trade this game in if I could, but my XBOX could sense its evil and scratched the disk in an attempt to save me, and the case is mangled from when I sat on it.

I've rediscovered what it feels like to have fun playing a game by loading up some Ballad of Gay Tony. I think I'm gonna be one of the fed up people who jump ship tomorrow to BC2.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So, I would like the crowd to critique my playstyle in FFA and tell me if I'm being a silly goose or people need to man up.

SCAR+Silencer, G18+Silencer. Scav Pro/SP Pro/Ninja Pro.

Playing on Afghan. I pretty much contain myself to the area from the main Bunker to the Poppy Field. Claymores at the points of ingress, constantly running from end to end to scavenge replacements or to shoot mans. I pretty much hit my 5 - 7 - 11 in the first minute, using the AC-130 to bring the rain. Finish the round at 27-1 or something equally ridiculous.

Comments at the end of the round are 'Sure, that's one way to win, camper.' and 'GET SOME SKILL YOU CAMPING GOOSE'.

I never sat in one quiet corner and never moved - I just made one area my domain and slain all who dared to cross it's borders.

Cheap or Kosher?

RisenPhoenix on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So, I would like the crowd to critique my playstyle in FFA and tell me if I'm being a silly goose or people need to man up.

SCAR+Silencer, G18+Silencer. Scav Pro/SP Pro/Ninja Pro.

Playing on Afghan. I pretty much contain myself to the area from the main Bunker to the Poppy Field. Claymores at the points of ingress, constantly running from end to end to scavenge replacements or to shoot mans. I pretty much hit my 5 - 7 - 11 in the first minute, using the AC-130 to bring the rain. Finish the round at 27-1 or something equally ridiculous.

Comments at the end of the round are 'Sure, that's one way to win, camper.' and 'GET SOME SKILL YOU CAMPING GOOSE'.

I never sat in one quiet corner and never moved - I just made one area my domain and slain all who dared to cross it's borders.

Cheap or Kosher?

Absolutely Kosher. Livetards are silly geese

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    SanguinarySanguinary Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    kosh. for sure, kosh.

Sanguinary on
    "Und... under control? You're grabbing a fucking bazooka, you dumbass"

"I don't even bother to use my brain any more! There's nothing left in it"
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Remember kids, the proper response to getting G18ed in the face is to honk like a silly goose, turn on your auto-aim hacks, and proceed to spend the rest of the round shooting people through walls with an AK.

And the proper response to that is to bust out the DC/OMA class and pipe the fuck out of where you know the guy hides, and laugh at the fact that he still can't win even while hacking.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Has anyone tried semtexing a friendly with Riot Shield and Blast Shield to clear a room? It seems like a fun, if unwieldy, way to really blow a hole through an objective but good. And stun grenades just to keep them in place for the boom time.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Musicool wrote: »
    Has anyone tried semtexing a friendly with Riot Shield and Blast Shield to clear a room? It seems like a fun, if unwieldy, way to really blow a hole through an objective but good. And stun grenades just to keep them in place for the boom time.

C4 would work better, but really, why not just heave a pineapple/ProPipe/Finger of God into the room itself?

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

C4 would work better, but really, why not just heave a pineapple/ProPipe/Finger of God into the room itself?

Because the killcam wouldn't look half as funny?
    Yeah I got nothing.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Because the killcam wouldn't look half as funny?

That's reason enough on its own right there to do it. I'm always looking for comedic ways to kill myself in Domination once I've run up the 3-4-5 early support killstreak. Swandiving off a roof and trying to knife someone right before I crash-land is always good, as is pulling the pin on a frag grenade and lying down beside an oblivious sniper for some explosive cuddles.

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Got into a round last night where everybody was camping. Thanks to them I am now ~20 steps closer to SitRep Pro. Hopefully I can get lucky like that more often.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    thumbs up new thread title

TheSecretSeventh on
    PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
  • Options
    TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    also, in regards to funny killcams, campers provide many laughs to me, cuz i'll sit behind them for a while and set up some funny kill. Thats how i finished the "stick an enemy x times with semtex" so fast. My only hope is that people actually watch them.

TheSecretSeventh on
    PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I have a question about the "did you see that?" challenge. Does it not work if you stun or flash yourself? Because I try to get up behind campers, stun both of us then peg them with the knife, but it doesn't seem to work.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I'm pretty sure that's a challenge. Stick a Semtex on a teammate and have it blow up on an enemy.

solsovly on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    SLyM wrote: »
    I have a question about the "did you see that?" challenge. Does it not work if you stun or flash yourself? Because I try to get up behind campers, stun both of us then peg them with the knife, but it doesn't seem to work.

Yeah, it works.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    solsovly wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that's a challenge. Stick a Semtex on a teammate and have it blow up on an enemy.

It is. I ended up using a riot shield to help a friend complete it. He threw it on me and I did a suicide charge into a cluster of enemies on Scrapyard. I died before the semtex blew, but it still counted for him.

wonderpug on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    What OMA should have been:
    Regular lets you pick 2 unique secondary weapons.
    Pro lets you use equipment in your special grenade slot.

There, you can be a douchebag and pick RPG and Thumper with Claymore and Nade, but you won't be able to reload shit.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    That what I thought OMA would be before I unlocked it. Except that it just flat out removed primary/secondary restrictions so you could have a LMG/RiotShield build.

I would so use that build.

Blurbl on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    also, in regards to funny killcams, campers provide many laughs to me, cuz i'll sit behind them for a while and set up some funny kill. Thats how i finished the "stick an enemy x times with semtex" so fast. My only hope is that people actually watch them.

I got 'Misery Loves Company' on MTDM Terminal by creeping up behind someone in the front of the plane and holding a frag grenade out. I would have loved to have seen his response to being blown up out of nowhere.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    B-ROCK-22B-ROCK-22 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    so is this the pa clan on Xbox for MW2

B-ROCK-22 on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    We're just a bunch of people who like playing together.

Also I spent most of my time in Cod4 trying to get the mounted machine gun 5 kill streak challenge. Never got it. Almost twenty more days added with MW2 and I just got it. Feels good to earn a challenge again.

Spec Ops.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    InsanityInsanity Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Blurbl wrote: »
    That what I thought OMA would be before I unlocked it. Except that it just flat out removed primary/secondary restrictions so you could have a LMG/RiotShield build.

I would so use that build.

Dual smoke grenades and two riot shields, fuck yeah.

Insanity on
    gBpkw.jpg
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    joshgotro wrote: »
    We're just a bunch of people who like playing together.

Also I spent most of my time in Cod4 trying to get the mounted machine gun 5 kill streak challenge. Never got it. Almost twenty more days added with MW2 and I just got it. Feels good to earn a challenge again.

Spec Ops.

oh

Let's go.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    enderjsvenderjsv Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Better be careful with that. Sometimes it backfires. The other day I was playing search and destroy, and it was down to 2v2. I had moved close to B and was backed up in what I thought was a safe corner to watch it (there was only like 30 seconds left).

I have this tendency to hardscope in one direction for a second or two, then snap quickly to another direction and do the same. So some guy on the other team comes up beside me with ninja pro an I'm hardscoping away from him. He starts to jump and stuff thinking he'll get a funny kill.

Of course, without even knowing he was there, I quickly turn, end up facing right at him, and instinctively pull my trigger while he's in mid-air.

I almost couldn't go on I was laughing so much. By all accounts I should have died easily but because he thought he'd mess with me, he found himself on the floor. It's one of the best feelings I've ever had playing this game.

enderjsv on
  • Options
    MoogleofdoomMoogleofdoom Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

C4 doesn't stick to friendlies. Possibly to the opponent, I've never tried it, it should because that would be amazing, but I know I tried sticking it to friendlies and it didn't work.

Moogleofdoom on
    Sometimes magic sounds like tape, Robert.
    xbl: Mirage84
  • Options
    pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    YO, duders on PC:

WTF, let's get some organized nerd-rolling going. Undein and Toasty I see you guys on from time to time but I know there's more of you out there treading water in this sea of aimbotting and wallhacking. I'm gonna play a leetle bit tonight, but I doubt many more will see this.

Tomorrow night?

pardzh on
    gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Pardzh: Cow, Kakos, Toasty and I play atleast 3 times a week. Although I need another east coaster to play with if you're one.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yes, I'm on the East coast.

fructose-1,6-bisphosphate is mein Steamen.

pardzh on

• Options
    MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Throwing knife into a claymore is the greatest game winning killcam.

A camper was sitting too close to it, and as I was trying to stick a knife in his biddy's back, I missed and hit the claymore, killing them both.

Good thing, because I would have walked right into that killcam and I would have been the game winning death...

Morvidus on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well me and Falcone are on east coast, although he's not on as much. Are you on the MW2 steam group? I'll keep an eye out next time we're getting a group together.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well me and Falcone are on east coast, although he's not on as much. Are you on the MW2 steam group? I'll keep an eye out next time we're getting a group together.

Nope.

It's not public, is it?

pardzh on

• Options
    edited March 2010
    I'll ask fleck0 to add you

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So apparently some security guards appeared at IW HQ. I guess someone's quitting/getting fired?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Kyougu on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    if IW is doing a viral stunt at the same moment as valve i will be surprised

but in reality i'm hoping someone is quitting in style

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Jason West is no longer working for Infinity Ward.

Turkey on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I guess the only way Kotick would be able to explain this to the shareholders is if his excuse is that Treyarch will make games that are sort of like good CoD quality, but for cheaper. Cause really, how else would you explain to your shareholders that you just fired the guys who made you a great game? They'd only have done it if they had a better plan instead.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00