As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

COD: title needs more MW2

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Xbox Ahoy episode 16 on the M14. I was using almost the exact same load out with my FN FAL, except swapping Warlord for SoH. Cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4WBgW-iHlA

OH! Next week is the SPAS! Joy!

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Spicy_RevSpicy_Rev Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My internet crapped out on me last night or I was going to prestige over the weekend. From what I did play though, I fell in love with the ak47 with ext mags. I just never knew that I could kill so many people, so quickly, and over such a long period of time.

It is great on Crisis Dom when someone throws concussives into the B flag because I just open up fire and let it rip while weaving back and forth. Oh, the kills! I am going to try and render that specific one when the internet is back up.

Also, I am totally bummed about hardline pro. It does what it is advertised to do, but I guess I just have such a strong preference for FJ and Ghost that it never really makes me want to use it as my Tier 1.

Spicy_Rev on
  • DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    DrDreidel wrote: »
    Don't remember who was in the match with me besides Tibblybits...but I NEED to get my clip up of my one-man seven defend from our HQ match on WMD. I've never used theater mode before...I assume it makes it easy enough for me to figure out how to cut, render and upload the clip to the YouTubes?

Yeah, it's incredibly simple to use. After you've done your clip upload it to your file share, back out of the video and then select it from the theatre lobby then select render. It'll play you it again and then the rendering percentage will pop up. Once it's done you just wait for it to hit youtube. How long it takes to go up on youtube is up to the Cod Blops gods.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Domhnall wrote: »
    DrDreidel wrote: »
    Don't remember who was in the match with me besides Tibblybits...but I NEED to get my clip up of my one-man seven defend from our HQ match on WMD. I've never used theater mode before...I assume it makes it easy enough for me to figure out how to cut, render and upload the clip to the YouTubes?

Yeah, it's incredibly simple to use. After you've done your clip upload it to your file share, back out of the video and then select it from the theatre lobby then select render. It'll play you it again and then the rendering percentage will pop up. Once it's done you just wait for it to hit youtube. How long it takes to go up on youtube is up to the Cod Blops gods.

It was so fucking amazing play around with the theatre mode some and then render that shit.

Also so help me if I end up with one more game with a fucking horrible host where everyone has 2 bars except for the other team and then the fucker who was hosting starts talking shit when the game ends I'm going to start forcing host to my connection and making every single one of you shitheads feel my pain.

Seriously I don't approve of the practice but if one of you with a super awesome connection decided to force host I'd be more then happy to go along with that plan just so everyone had a decent connection in the game. Hell I'd even be willing to share what I know (from Halo 3 days) on how to force host.

iRevert on
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Um, is double XP still on? Because I was busy moving since Friday morning and I'm only just getting cable connected in my new place in about 30 minutes. I will be so pissed if I missed out, I'm like 30k xp away from prestiging again and I really don't want to rely on any of my lifetime challenges that are coming up (20k each for a couple of them) to do it, I'd rather use those to blow through the early levels easily.

Fawst on
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    "I don't approve of this practice, but lets do this thing I don't approve of. Really, I don't approve of it, but I can show you how to do it." O_o

@Fawst: DXP should be off now. Should've ended around 10AM Pac.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dexp was on when I was playing just a few minutes ago. Methinks it won't last another hour - if it hasn't already disappeared.

Chopper Reid rocks. "Why don't you try a moccacino of harden the fuck up?"

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You know what, sometimes this fucking game can really just go fuck itself in the ass. You may be asking yourself, "Gee, how many times can I get shot in the back while engaged with someone else?" The answer is a whole fuckload! Goddammit, when Blops decides it wants to ruin your morning, it really does a good job.

TheCanMan on
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I played a terrible, terrible game with the L96 with ACOG, but I got a clip out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zPqOjMyY80

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • BerkshireBerkshire Earth Federal Forces MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think the Xbox Ahoy! videos are some of the most well-produced videos out there on the internet. They have a slick style, but they're also jam-packed full of information about the real-world weapon and how it works in the game. Always glad to see a new one, and that he's doing the SPAS next week? YES.

Berkshire on
    "And don't you ever stand for that sort of thing. Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    GT: FootlongKaPow
  • SquabmanSquabman Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That ACOG makes it much harder to use the L96. I have had it where I haev missed 15+ shots in a row on a stationary subject because of the acog (it was a guy on the tower on array). He finally killed me and I switched to a variable zoom version of it and killed him in 1 shot. You can even fill up the scope with an enemy and miss the shot for no reason.

The scope is flawed.

Squabman on
    lagbagg.png
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    SO how does one set up this utoob transfer thingamabober? I presume make a youtube account, then something, then profit.

I wanted to post a clip of me killing the whole team on TDM in the first 20 seconds, plus 1. Would have got blackbird, but they got a hardline RC and blew me up.

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Find game.
    Make clip.
    Save clip (under 30sec) to file share.
    Open clip.
    Render clip.

Burtletoy on
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Squabman wrote: »
    That ACOG makes it much harder to use the L96. I have had it where I haev missed 15+ shots in a row on a stationary subject because of the acog (it was a guy on the tower on array). He finally killed me and I switched to a variable zoom version of it and killed him in 1 shot. You can even fill up the scope with an enemy and miss the shot for no reason.

The scope is flawed.

that's actually every sniper rifle in the game no matter what the scope. That "...killed him in 1 shot" part? Total fluke. You just happened to pick the right numbers in the treyarch made sniper rifles pants-on-head retarded lottery.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
    edited March 2011
    Find game.
    Make clip.
    Save clip (under 30sec) to file share.
    Open clip.
    Render clip.

more like create youtube account and figure out a bunch of linking shit with poor instructions on COD website. And make an account there. And make a gmail, because I'm living in the past.

30 minutes later it is all figured out. No tubes till later though, stupid computer is broke, so will have to go home and upload a clip from there, then come back tommorow and post it here.

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    edited March 2011
    No, you don't need a youtube account. Thus why I didn't say it.

My instructions are 100% complete.

Burtletoy on
    edited March 2011

Where would it render to?

Since I made a youtube, I am sure it will render there.

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    edited March 2011
    The issue with sniper rifles are that they are easily the least precise weapons in the game. If they made them 100% accurate from scope-in, even leave the wobble with a non-acog scope, and keep it from auto-aiming until you've been scoped in for like a second. That is a sniper rifle I would actually enjoy using.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I feel no sympathy because I've been quick scoped like four times today. Fuck sniper rifles.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
    edited March 2011
    JebusUD wrote: »

Where would it render to?

Since I made a youtube, I am sure it will render there.

I forget the exact name, something like CoDBlackOpsXbox or some such.

Burtletoy on
    edited March 2011
    I feel no sympathy because I've been quick scoped like four times today. Fuck sniper rifles.
    :^:

All the tweaking they're doing to sniper-rifles is just bringing back quick scoping. Fuck that noise. You want your 1337kwikskopz back? MW2's still a pretty active game.

iTunesIsEvil on
    edited March 2011

All the tweaking they're doing to sniper-rifles is just bringing back quick scoping. Fuck that noise. You want your 1337kwikskopz back? MW2's still a pretty active game.

actively terrible. All hacked lobbies and toobs. And quick scopes. And nuke boosting.

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    edited March 2011
    Yes, a perfect setting for people who enjoy quick scoping. I thought so too.

iTunesIsEvil on
    edited March 2011
    Yes, a perfect setting for people who enjoy quick scoping. I thought so too.

Trying to play MW2 now, after most of the real players have left is worse than contracting Bubonic super choler-hepa-AIDS.

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    edited March 2011
    That ... that sounds unpleasant.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Maybe on the PS3.

MW2 on the 360 isn't really all that different pre-BLOPS.

Dragkonias on
    edited March 2011

As long as they don't get the benefit of the auto-aim and SoH pro, I don't really know if I have a problem with quickscopers. The part that made me want to punch a puppy was that it required zero aiming skill. Sure, getting one-shotted by a sniper at close range would still be infuriating, but if it'd make normal sniping a viable alternative, I don't think I'd mind too much.

TheCanMan on
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You want to shoot people at close range with a sniper, use the fucking ACOG.

Mechanical on
    edited March 2011
    Mechanical wrote: »
    You want to shoot people at close range with a sniper, use the fucking ACOG.

I don't. Reread what I wrote.

TheCanMan on
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That was a general statement, sorry. Not directed at anyone here.

Mechanical on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Quickscoping was only really effective if you were a good player anyways. It never really bothered me.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Coming back to play a bit of Black Ops, what happened to Mercenary TDM? I played that mode like 95% og the time, and the rest 5% was Domination with some friends whenever they had time.

Sirialis on
    edited March 2011
    I never minded when people quickly scoped in, moved the crosshairs over my body, then shot me. The only thing I hated was when they pointed their screen kinda in my direction, scoped in halfway then shot me in the face with magical homing bullets.

SLyM on
  • HibernusHibernus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    They replaced it with Mercenary Moshpit.

Hibernus on
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hibernus wrote: »

Thats pretty dumb, for people who just want a team based deathmatch experience, and their friends are unavailable for gaming, MTDM was just right. :(

Edit: Tried out the MPL for a change, I like it and it has one of the best emblem placements on the gun.

Sirialis on
    edited March 2011
    Sirialis wrote: »

Thats pretty dumb, for people who just want a team based deathmatch experience, and their friends are unavailable for gaming, MTDM was just right. :(

Edit: Tried out the MPL for a change, I like it and it has one of the best emblem placements on the gun.

Welcome to the Treyarch school of game design.

Burtletoy on
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Having my emblem on the side of my gun is fantastic. I like looking down to see a man in a suit punching a unicorn. It just makes the game better.
    Also, I made a decent NOD emblem, but I can't buy the last two layers yet. And even then it won't quite be right. If only you could mask on layers to remove unneeded extras...

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • grim sbgrim sb Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    SLyM wrote: »
    I never minded when people quickly scoped in, moved the crosshairs over my body, then shot me. The only thing I hated was when they pointed their screen kinda in my direction, scoped in halfway then shot me in the face with magical homing bullets.

Biggest BS quick-scope in MW2:

On rundown, I'm running through the tall grass towards the skinny bridge, and I see some guy's head popping up and down behind to the wall on the left.

"Oh, there's someone up on those boxes..." I think to myself "I'll just wait here a sec and put a bullet in his noggin next time he pops up"

*boom* I'm dead, without ever seeing that jackass again. But I do see a bullet hole in the wall about 1 foot below the top...

Seems he'd been popping up to quick-scope me and had FMJ so he could shoot point-blank through a cinderblock wall and still kill me.

grim sb on
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sirialis wrote: »

Welcome to the Treyarch school of game design.

No it's better. Y'see, the point of Merc is that you don't want to play against parties. And where do you - a lone player - want to see parties the least? Objective modes.

It really doesn't matter on TDM. If you're matched up against a team - even a full squad - you can still do fairly well 90% of the time. You can often win, but even if they're great the chance of getting a personal good K/D are still good enough. And if they really are sensational? There's dozens of other lobbies out there for your TDM goodness.

See a 3+ party in an objective mode? Unless there's a big skill difference you will lose. Good luck finding another good lobby amongst the <10,000 players online in your preferred gametype.

tl;dr: merc fixes parties when you're on your own. Parties aren't a problem in TDM; they're a problem in team-based modes.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    edited March 2011
    I disagree completely.

Burtletoy on