As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[OOC] Eclipse Phase

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, definitely awesome. I wasn't even expecting that, let alone Ted. I was expecting Ted to require a new morph, to be honest.

Great way to kick things off again :^:

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So for now, feel free to do what you want. When the roleplaying dies down I'll end this scene and start your next one.

Treat your opposition as dispatched.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Wait...

That was "opposition" for the rest of the group? :P

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    A tradition of mine. A quickie to see exactly what I'm working with as far as the party at large goes. Looks to me like I have my hands full O.o

Rend on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Rend, wringing hands, scheming: mmyesssss... good good, get their hopes up. All too soon I shall CRUSH THEIR DREAMS

Group: D:

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Pfffffffffff we're fiiine. It's not like we're going to run into exsurgents or TITAN tech or Project Ozma agents in our missions.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Of course, you had to bring those up. :(

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Pfffffffffff we're fiiine. It's not like we're going to run into exsurgents or TITAN tech or Project Ozma agents in our missions.

I knew i was forgetting SOMETHING

Rend on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Also, the item he had in his hand looks like its a nostalgia relic- specifically a coin with a hole in it for a string to be fed through. A bit of cursory research shows the coin's origin to be from Dubai, but if you want any more information on it you'll have to look around a bit more in depth.

He also had a Rail pistol. Nothing else on him except unimportant stuff.

If you have any questions or would like to continue your escapade in the alleyway, be my guest. Or, you can all take this to wherever KRASH suggested or some other safe haven and we can do all the researching and such there, during the next scene.

What will you do?

Rend on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm down for moving to a more discreet location. Do we need to get rid of the bodies?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    That's up to you. There's probably not a whole lot of evidence laying around though it's definitely possible you all were under some sort of surveillance when it all went down.

Rainfall, you said you were pinging your @-rep for the favor right? This will be a minor favor, meaning you need a 60.

Networking: 60 (1d100=3)

Definitely a success, in fact, an excellent success. I'll IC this right now.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Okay, so interrogation time. Here's how this is going to work.

We're going to do this in a series of rounds. First of all, each of you are going to make a skill check of some kind. What skill you want doesn't matter to me. You make the check and explain how it's relevant here in OOC. Then if you succeed and I deem the skill check relevant enough to glean some information from him, I'll PM it to you or post it here in OOC and you can write the IC post about how you're beating the information out of him, or otherwise. Ham it up. Don't be afraid to tell story.

After the first round, I'll take the reins, and then we'll do it again, until the scene is over. If you do not wish to participate in a round of the interrogation, please indicate as such in the thread.

Begin whenever you're ready.

Rend on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It's not his speciality but Irgvin, being Irgvin, wants the first word and so he tries to soften this guy up with Intimidation (roll 18, skill 30) before the others start asking some pressing questions. Just to establish the tone and make him realise he should be more polite.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I won't take part in round 1, but I'll activate my white noise device if no-one has an objection.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Edcrab wrote: »
    It's not his speciality but Irgvin, being Irgvin, wants the first word and so he tries to soften this guy up with Intimidation (roll 18, skill 30) before the others start asking some pressing questions. Just to establish the tone and make him realise he should be more polite.

He will react badly to this, obviously agitated, but in the end he will submit slightly to your intimidation.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    That sounds right up Irgvin's alley! ...no dirty euphemism intended. He likes agitating people.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Go ahead and do it. Still waiting on ANDI, Theodore, and Krash. Thanks for updating, Wildcat.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    That's a fail on Krash's intimidation roll, barring circumstantial modifiers.(She'd need at least a +5 to make it a success)

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Now that I look at my post, maybe that would've been better attached to a Profession: Confidence Trickster roll. But no matter!

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Whoever goes next is going to have a much easier time after being softened up by irgvin. Will it be ANDI or Theodore?

Rend on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Wow but we are a brutal bunch of dudes. Poor Edmund.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Wow but we are a brutal bunch of dudes. Poor Edmund.

For real

Rend on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ted's gonna sit back and let everyone else do the questioning. He will analyze Edmund's body language as he's being questioned.

Kinesics - Skill 65 (1d100=37)

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    As irgvin continues, he will confirm that he does indeed work for Creation. However you will notice based on his body language that he feels uncomfortable saying it, and not insofar as he is being questioned, but as if "work for" is somehow a bad way to say what he's trying to say.

When the issue is pushed, he is resistant, but eventually confides that what he does is more volunteer than employment- not that there is much in the way of employment in the autonomist worlds and habitats. But as far as Creation is concerned, he follows fairly zealously.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Alright, next round. Since last one took awhile, if this one takes more than today or early tomorrow morning I'll just move it along anyway.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Here we see Krash's only weakness.

Not fighting people.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It is a small but significant weakness. An achilles heel, if you will.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    *poke*

Come on, slackers. It's been like. 3 hours. Do you guys do other stuff than browsing the forums or something?

Rend on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    ...the heck happened there?

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The Many Deaths of Ted

So I was talking to Rend about an idea he had for running another EP game where the players are basically a "cleanup crew" for Firewall to send in to "fix the botches of other agents." I started thinking about it, and this came about.
    For reference, it's based on this IC post.

crimsoncoyote: "You see a dismembered morph wearing a nanotweed jacket in the alleyway. It's obvious there was an altercation. A deadly dance of footprints in the dust and dirt framed the morph; one pair of footprints leads away from the scene, strides indicating a full-on run. You check the barely-functioning stack for an ID on the Ego--one Professor Theodore Henry Ewerst, PhD--before crushing it under your boot. 'Hope he was backed up,' you say. 'Let's clean this crap up: erase any surveillance footage; find the runner.'"

Rend: M steps up. "What do you think, C? Not quite the trip to an alley he was expecting, I bet."

Rend: C turns with a hint of disgust. "I guess..."
    He flips on his AR glasses,
    "...he never learned his lesson."
    crimsoncoyote: YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

crimsoncoyote: oh god
    I hope I didn't just narrate my own death >_>

There should be more to come...

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ouch, mega intimidation roll failure.

1d100 = 87

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Man you guys are good at this.

Eelware shock (1d100=96)

You will attempt to salvage the intimidation attempt after he regains consciousness approximately three to four seconds after Krash shocks him, but a combination of him seeing her seize up on the ground and your botched attempt at intimidation will leave him righteously defiant.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    We suck balls at interrogating.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I think I'm going to trip over Krash as he falls to the ground, completely ruining my Gene Hunt act.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Cue yakkity sax

Rend on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Okay not sure how to salvage this. Irgvin is a great liar but 30 isn't really a good Intimidation rank, and I bet he's feeling completely out of his depth by now...

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    You guys have probably 6 hours ish to post something good or things are going to stop going your way.

And by that I mean the scene will end.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    By the way, for those who like to put audio to a muse Caliban sounds very like CABAL from Command and Conquer; very synthetic and almost a gestalt sound.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Anyone else want to fall over while we're here?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Nah, I'm good.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png