THE HELL IS THIS
SE++ has a pokemon league now. We may not be geographically identical to parts of Japan like Johto or Kanto are, but we don't have lameass gym leaders like Falkner or Brock, so there's that.
WHAT'S THE DEAL
You like Pokemon, right? Yeah, you probably do. You wanna be the very best. This is the place for Pokemon in SE++: trade, battle, or just shoot the shit about your favourite little monsters. Heart Gold and Soul Silver are out soon: which are you
getting? Challenge the League, if you're mighty enough. With all eight badges, you could become the Pokemon Champion: but you better hope you're enough of a master to maintain your title!
Unintentional, the leader of the ferocious FIGHTING GYM
Me, Dickotomy, the leader of the caustic POISON GYM
Munkus Beaver, the leader of the implacable STEEL GYM
Speed Racer, the leader of the stalwart NORMAL GYM
Worthless Lurker, the leader of the powerful ELECTRIC GYM
Kuribo's Shoe, the leader of the tricky BUG GYM
Faynor, the leader of the clairvoyant PSYCHIC GYM
Beasteh, the leader of the terrifying DARK GYM
(Don't worry, it's just his LARP trainer)
Together we are SE++'S GYM LEADERS
POKEMON LEAGUE?! SOUNDS PRETTY GAY
Well maybe it is
pretty gay. We don't give a fuck about winning at all costs, though: we're here to have a good time. Don't worry about the best movesets, the best IVs, the best EV spreads and the best items and the best Pokemon: this isn't the place for that. Go back to G&T
. We're here to have a good time, even if we lose.
THIS SHIT LOOKS DANGEROUS
Nah, it's easy. Check out Bulbapedia
, a wiki project seeking to compile all the information possible about everything Pokemon. Or check out Smogon
, but don't take it too seriously: we're here to have fun, after all. Or hell, just ask someone in the thread: this place is full
of people who'll help you with almost anything, so long as you're courteous.
YOU'VE PROBABLY GOT RULES FOR THIS FAGGY SHIT
You damn well better believe it.
- Personal preference is paramount. Don't build a team of perfectly trained supermonsters with optimally balanced types and as devastating a moveset as possible: fight with what you like
. This might mean bringing a Tropius into battle, or a Magcargo. Who the fuck cares? Losing ain't that big a deal, and winning with your favourites is the best victory.
- Gyms can be challenged in any order.
- Challengers may have two teams for challenging: an A team and a B team. That is two sets of six Pokemon with which you must gather all the badges: no switching between teams or subbing new guys in once you've started the league. It's fucking hard
to build a solid team out of all one type, and you challengers gotta be nice.
- Once you've got all eight badges, you're the Champion. Nice work. Of course, anyone who has all eight badges can be Champion: if you've got eight badges, you can issue a formal challenge to the Champion, and each of you will fight with teams of your choice. The victor is crowned the Champion, old or new.
- Gym Leaders may be challenged. Assemble a team composed all of the same type as the gym leader, issue a formal challenge, and meet on the battleground. The winner becomes the Gym Leader, old or new, and can change the type of the Gym he runs provided it is not the same as another Gym. The new Gym Leader in this case will have a week from his or her taking control to assemble a team of that type to defend his badge.
- Formal challenges may only be issued twice a week. If you battle a Gym Leader three times and win the third: sorry, no badge.
- We got some banned dudes. No legendaries, duh. The bird trio, Mewtwo, Mew, the dog trio, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Regirock, Registeel and Regice, Latias and Latios, Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina, Cresselia, Darkrai, Manaphy, Heatran, Regigigas, Shaymin, and Arceus.
Also, no Wobbuffett, Blissey or Garchomp, because they are no fun to fight against.
WHO ALL'S IN ON THIS?
Here's a list of participating Friend Codes: PM me if you want on the list.
Beasteh - 2148-5707-0343
Kuribo's Shoe - 2836-3844-8086
Unintentional - 4898-6355-9244
Dichotomy - 4855-7158-7540
Speed Racer - 2694-6498-9606
Worthless Lurker - 2063-5537-2900
Faynor - 1849-2088-3935
Marshswellow - 4983-9781-7146
Nerdgasmic - 1333-0236-8007
Melding - 0387-5403-7737
Kay - 4253-9422-6181
Squall - 3653-2402-0865
Daisuke Spoon - 0002-2940-9674
Munkus Beaver - 2320 2630 5407
InvisibleInk - 1419-2587-1159
Kickhopper - 2621-8909-8485
Sir Red of the Manti - 5197-9807-5111
Silence1186 - 1419-7303-9802
Eeveelution - 4726-9455-2619
Jars - 1333-6616-9851
Goose! - 4039-7879-9538
Terrendos - 3437-0107-2915
TunnelRunner - 1591-5067-6103
Unlucky - 0603-8220-8794
Yukira - 2407-7036-7130
STATE OF THE ART ROBOT - 2321 8156 7355
WOOPER IS THE BEST