As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East: Glorious Aftermath

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I actually wish there had been a little more downtime! Bogey, lostwords, vermi, and I spent like 20 minutes in the freeplay room on Sunday morning but I wish I had had the time to play some more stuff.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, I never got into the arcade section which I'm kind of bummed about, even if it wasn't that big

Usagi on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't think there will ever be a PAX where I will be able to say 'yeah, I've done enough'

Javen on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2010
    I'm alive you bastards.

My thoughts: Worst pax ever. Here's what happened.

SHERI punched me in the face
    I got lost in the crowd because LOST left me alone for like 30 seconds
    which wouldn't be a problem but CRACKED destroyed my phone by dropping it in a glass of beer
    this was right before VOC made me dance like an IDIOT
    BALE made me talk to a scary homeless man about WWI and WWII
    I personally let down both BOGEY AND ADUCK when I somehow convinced the bar to stop serving us carbombs
    USAGI wouldn't walk me to the bathroom despite the fact I had to pee real badly
    NAC, OTAKU, and DAVE don't think I dress well!
    SMART HERO AND LADY SMART HERO DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT APPLES
    another HOMELESS DUDE wouldn't eat my sketchy hobo brownies!
    ..also I crushed khoo's penis.

clearly I'm joking about everything above, I love all of you and it was a pleasure to meet everyone. I'm sure I left some people off that list but trust me it was great to meet you all. Goose fencingsax thorgot bill and everyone else it was great to meet you I wish I had more time to talk with you guys!

Some other real thoughts on pax: it was an incredible amount of fun and I had an absolute blast. Except for the keynote speech. Barf. Also it was great to talk to lost salient and druhim, I wish I could have talked to WAM.

What the fuck

You're a monster

Okay, this story has to be told. So we were at a bowling alley and Bogey and I were like, "It's fucking carbomb time," and thankfully we had managed to find one of the two places in Boston that serves them. So Bogey and I do two rounds when vermi is like, shit son, I'ma get up on that and goes to get a round. He comes back empty handed and says that the lady told him that they don't serve carbombs and never have served them. I instantly realise that he had spoken to the wrong bartender, but couldn't convey this over the sound of Bale gutterballing 10 times in a row. The waitress came over to deliver some food, and vermi then asked her if they had carbombs. She disappeared for a few minutes, and upon her return she stated that no, they do not and have never served carbombs. Bogey and I pointed to the remains of our previous round and explained that they had actually just fucking served carbombs, but this astute logical argument did not sway our server. Fortunately there was a bar on the floor below us that would make them, but the guy wasn't as good as the first chick. Vermi then tried to redeem himself with brownies that even hobos wouldn't eat.

Later we got a ride on the magic party bus.

A duck! on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    hey

it was lost and I that ordered the food.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    A duck! wrote: »
    Fortunately there was a bar on the floor below us that would make them, but the guy wasn't as good as the first chick.

How can a bartender be better at making car bombs?

It's three ingredients, no shaking, mixer, or muttling.

How in the...

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Fortunately there was a bar on the floor below us that would make them, but the guy wasn't as good as the first chick.

How in the...

He didn't top off the shot glasses. The monster.

A duck! on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

How in the...

He didn't top off the shot glasses. The monster.

I'm getting on a plane right now.

These things must be set straight.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    what the? hardly any bars in Boston serve carbombs? I no longer like Boston.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Druhim wrote: »

They serve carbombs, you just have to be the right person asking the right bartender

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Usagi wrote: »

They serve carbombs, you just have to be the right person asking the right bartender

That's really weird.

Tonkka on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    As this was my first PAX, it took me awhile to build up to actually doin' stuff. The first two days were mostly just wandering around the floor like a man looking into an open, fully-stocked refrigerator and deciding which steak, lobster, duck, rabbit or lamb to eat first.

Kurtz was outstanding. I wish someone had had the foresight to put an airhorn sound-effect on their phone or something to interrupt him and Straub.

I really hope we can get a regular group together when Monday Night Combat comes out.

Dan Smarthero and Lady Heather: You were delightful guests! You're welcome back any-time.

Jess Usagi: You're always excellent. I quietly rage whenever I think about you being stolen from us by that geriatric otter from that rainy city out west.

Dave ThatDaveFella: I'm glad our couch was big enough to fit you last night. It's open for you to sleep on whenever you're in our wonderful country again!

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

That's really weird.

Lady bartenders are often grumpy

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

That's really weird.

the fuck

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    the only reason we couldn't get car bombs on Thursday is because we were at a bar right next to the Garden and the Bruins had just played.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    As this was my first PAX, it took me awhile to build up to actually doin' stuff. The first two days were mostly just wandering around the floor like a man looking into an open, fully-stocked refrigerator and deciding which steak, lobster, duck, rabbit or lamb to eat first.

Kurtz was outstanding. I wish someone had had the foresight to put an airhorn sound-effect on their phone or something to interrupt him and Straub.

I really hope we can get a regular group together when Monday Night Combat comes out.

Dan Smarthero and Lady Heather: You were delightful guests! You're welcome back any-time.

Jess Usagi: You're always excellent. I quietly rage whenever I think about you being stolen from us by that geriatric otter from that rainy city out west.

Dave ThatDaveFella: I'm glad our couch was big enough to fit you last night. It's open for you to sleep on whenever you're in our wonderful country again!

I love you too Joe, and you know that you and Sara will always have a place to crash in Seattle

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    No seriously, the girls bartending really looked like you were inconveniencing them if you ordered more than a beer

So we went downstairs and the big happy bald guy made us carbombs

e: Joe <3

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

That's really weird.

Oh I know this.

But, don't they still like money?

Tonkka on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

That's really weird.

The bartender looks at you and assesses if you seem the kind of person that can handle a carbomb. If you're too drunk or awkward or any other reason they can think of, it seems like they won't give you one because they don't want some asshole making a mess.

Unfortunately they are really inconsistent with how they make their calls so if you want a carbomb in Boston I suggest you become best friends with a bartender.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The reason we had such trouble getting carbombs is because we were getting them 12 at a time during a very busy time when many people were already going out and getting incredibly drunk. Saturday night when it was only the four of us we had no trouble at all

Javen on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    No seriously, the girls bartending really looked like you were inconveniencing them if you ordered more than a beer

So we went downstairs and the big happy bald guy made us carbombs

Emphasis on big. And I don't mean fat.

A duck! on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I love you too Joe, and you know that you and Sara will always have a place to crash in Seattle

Okay, but spell VoC's name with an 'h' at the end when the time comes. <3

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Okay, but spell VoC's name with an 'h' at the end when the time comes. <3

oh shit

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    monday night combat will occur

I will make sure of it

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Hey, did you guys win that Monday Night Combat match that I didn't get to see yesterday?

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    No, we lost :(

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    JoeUser wrote: »
    I'm in Boston! Is anyone still in town?

Yes! And ThatDaveFella is on our couch! And SH & Lady Sh on our floor!

Well shucks! I had to wander around in the rain this morning to find the place I'm going to be working.

My hotel is apparently in Chinatown, near Tufts.

JoeUser on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm in Boston! Is anyone still in town?

Yes! And ThatDaveFella is on our couch! And SH & Lady Sh on our floor!

Well shucks! I had to wander around in the rain this morning to find the place I'm going to be working.

My hotel is apparently in Chinatown, near Tufts.

VoC used to work in one of those Tufts buildings!

TankHammer on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    How long will you be in town?

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, I never got into the arcade section which I'm kind of bummed about, even if it wasn't that big

they had original pong!

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So this was a blast. I'm definitely going to have to meet you guys again.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    thorgot wrote: »

they had original pong!

I actually played that as a child when it first came out!

And I don't mean on the Atari, I mean the original cabinet. They put one in the pizza place we used to go to where I grew up.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    thorgot wrote: »

they had original pong!

Bogey and I broke original pong

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TheGreat2ndTheGreat2nd Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Awww I totally missed all of this.
    I should have brought my laptop.
    Maybe next year for me, SE++

TheGreat2nd on
    BinghamtonUniversity.png
    I'm Jacob Wilson. | facebook | thegreat2nd | [url="aim:goim?screenname=TheGreatSecond&message=Hello+from+the+Penny+Arcade+Forums!"]aim[/url]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    How does one break Pong, dare I ask?

Usagi on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    this version of pong had a weird bug (feature?) where the ball sometimes jumped from the bottom of the screen to the top

it may have had a pattern for experts to figure out and exploit

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    How long will you be in town?

I fly out on Thursday, though I'm going to be going back and forth here for a while, every week. If it works out, we'll probably move up here.

JoeUser on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    How does one break Pong, dare I ask?

they found a way!

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    we somehow managed to get the "ball" stuck on a static back and forth trajectory at the veeeeerrrrrrry top of the screen, so that it was impossible to get moving at an angle again.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    So now I'm imagining you two calmly putting your hands in your pockets and whistling nonchalantly while you scurry away from the Pong cabinet

Usagi on
This discussion has been closed.