As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SECRET SATANS 2020. PERFECT GIFTING!

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    rad, got them!

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Suggestions!
    Dear Satan,
    I have been a very medium boy this year. I am a new homeowner and have two big dumb beautiful dogs who love attention and treats, and don't give a shit about toys for the most part. I like cooking, and have a big enough kitchen for weird (but useful!) shit (gadgets, really kitchy storage bins, tubs or serving platters are surefire hits. I have a carved wooden kraken charcuterie board that I adore). I have a 3D printer, but haven't even set it up yet, because I don't really have a good setup for it yet. I know there are some ancillary tools that will make things much easier for it (like I think a Dremel is in my future) that I just don't even know exist. I like Legos and videogames, though there hasn't been much in the videogame department for me too recently. I started taking college courses this semester and will likely continue doing so for 4 or 5 years, though I haven't had any in-person classes yet. I have a very bizarrely shaped body, so generally speaking, any clothes you get for me won't fit, so they'd need to be one size fits all things (hats, gloves, etc.). I like goofy shit, I love handmade arts and crafts because each piece has personality, and I have way more bare wall space than I would like. Most of my house's color scheming is set to match these shoes.
    AS_1011A179_0201.JPG
    So there's a lot of coral and teal, some gold, and my furniture is charcoal grey or as close to it as I can get. I'm gradually making headway on getting everything out of my garage and into the house, but need both interior shelving and shelving for in the garage once things are done, and haven't even begun to look at that kind of stuff.
    As far as food goes, I've been doing a pretty good job of losing weight, so I'm trying to cut as much sugar and excess carbs out of my diet as I can. My yard is very sparse as far as decorations, and it's another thing on my list of changes I want to make. All I have right now is a gourd pot and a couple of plastic piggies. Not much in the way of plants will grow here, though some herbs and peppers can do well, and I now have access to a hose bib on the front of my house to set up a timer for that kind of thing.
    Sorry if this is kind of directionless, but it's kind of intentional. Most of the time, if I know something exists and I want it, I'll just buy it. I'm looking to get a gift that is something I didn't know I wanted.
    Thank you for reading my ramblings, Great Dark One.

Pinfeldorf on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Suggestions!

Okay, gotta stop shopping for myself. . .
    Amazon wishlist: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3E8JCHJK4O7R7?ref_=wl_share

That being posted, if you can get things locally and use Amazon as more of a shopping list, that would be a gift unto itself.

I am getting more and more in to design, so here's some books I want:
    https://www.powells.com/book/soviet-space-graphics-cosmic-visions-from-the-ussr-9781838660536
    https://www.powells.com/book/dieter-rams-9781838661533
    https://www.powells.com/book/hi-fi-the-history-of-high-end-audio-design-9780714878089
    https://www.powells.com/book/made-in-north-korea-9780714873503

I haven't gone and picked any up for a good long while, but I started buying enamel pins for my bag about a year ago:

https://monstermonster.shop/collections/enamel-pins
    https://meanfolk.com/collections/pins?contact[tags]=prospect,newsletter&form_type=customer
    https://mysteryschool.bigcartel.com/category/pins
    https://roguescreenprint.bigcartel.com/category/pins

I should include a picture of the collection as it stands, to avoid duplicates. . .

I also like cooking, and am recently vegetarian leaning ever so slightly vegan as time goes on. The only things I need right now are a bigger kitchen with a gas range instead of electric, but I'll need to take care of that on my own for sure. But, if you know about good knives, that would be a fantastic thing to have! My current knives are terrible.

That's all I can think of for now!

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    Please have your wishlist posts done by the end of the day, we can't do matches until placeholders are cleared out.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I am very excited to gift gifts

Gonna gift you right in the face, Satanee

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    trufacts: one time veldrin walked up to me outside an MRT station and gave me a bottle of extremely awesome scotch

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Veldrin is good at gifts, yeah

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    trufacts: one time veldrin walked up to me outside an MRT station and gave me a bottle of extremely awesome scotch

speaking of, the Oak Barrell still hasn't had poltergeist in stock, but the distillery itself delivers around australia

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I did it! I made the list!

I'M SOMEBODY.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Please have your wishlist posts done by the end of the day, we can't do matches until placeholders are cleared out.

12:13 is still midnight, it's just midnight plus.

Or at least that's what I'm telling myself so I don't feel like a butt for leaving it off so long. :rotate:

[IMG][/img]
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Kept you waiting huh?
    Hail, Satan.

It's been a hell of a year hasn't it? But let's not dwell on that.

About me you say? I dunno I'm just some dude who likes video games, giant robots, and wrestling. As far as clothes I'd say maybe not but I generally run a 3x for shirts and things if there's something you feel I need to have. I have a kindle for books and am always interested in more scifi stuff if you have something you think I should read. I'm terrible about searching out new stuff so the newest I've read is like half of the ancillary sword trilogy. I'm also terrible about expanding my music library, I listen to most anything besides country and some of my favorite bands are Daft Punk, Justice, The Protomen and The Gorillaz if you feel like you have something that fits that particular venn diagram. A good bass line helps.
    My job can't really go full work from home so I haven't picked up any quarantine skills at all, been focusing a lot on video games and model building. I don't have any of the shiny new consoles but I have damn near everything else. I was looking to upgrade just about everything besides my video card on my PC but I think the general idea is to hold off for new CPUs right now? So the computer parts on my amazon wishlist can be ignored. I built a MiSTer this year, got an OG Xbox with a Steel Battalion controller, and even restored a PowerMac G4 with a ludicrous(for the time) 1.5GB of RAM for messing with Mac OS 9 stuff. I don't have a lot of xbox games yet just Steel Battalion, THPS3, and Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, the only thing I know I want is a copy of Jet Set Radio Future but will welcome anything that hasn't been rereleased or otherwise easily playable (like say Halo).
    As you can probably guess I do a lot of sitting in front of a thing, I've been terrible about sticking to it but I've just renewed my fervor for working out. I've got some 15 pound dumbbells and ring fit and that's about it. I'd like maybe a set of lighter and a set of heavier dumbbells, maybe a kettlebell? I don't really know what I'm doing. I live above someone so I can't do anything that would make too much noise.
    If you can make some arts and/or crafts I'm always down for something new to decorate my apartment. Similarly I am down for any baked goods or the like, my only restriction is I'm lactose intolerant but I think in practice this shouldn't be a problem as butter is fine. Bourbon or whiskey is also appreciated.

Anyways I've gotten to the point where I just feel like I'm rambling so pre-emptively thanks!

Here's my wishlists: Amazon GiftHero Steam

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »

speaking of, the Oak Barrell still hasn't had poltergeist in stock, but the distillery itself delivers around australia

Ffffffff

I drank the last of my Dasher and Fisher recently too

Master of Malt is woefully lacking in boozes from not-Europe

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Have chucked my wishlist into my post as like a temp thing. Will do a better ideas post this evening after work. As usual I have left things until the last minute so am scrambling to get it done.

Signs ups are done! If you sent an email and are not on the list on page 1, please PM me!

Matches coming... soon-ish!

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    It's the most wonderful time of the year!

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I am going to obliterate your gifting hole with my high volatility gifts.

Bucketman wrote: »

Stomp on my neck, you massive tree.

Annihilate my abdomen, you giant hulk of a brute.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »

Stomp on my neck, you massive tree.

Annihilate my abdomen, you giant hulk of a brute.

*squints*

John Oliver is that you?

Uh oh I've been found out.

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Every email I get that isn’t a notification of target is a disappointment.

Like, more so than the normal disappointment emails generate.

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    You guys get them via e-mail?
    Shit.

Edit: I haven't added my stuff to the list yet. So i expect it'll take a bit.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I usually get mine by messenger raven but that's just because I'm special

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Brolo visits me in my dreams to sign me my Satan

look not all of us have mastered astral projection yet I'm sorry I'm a late bloomer

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    I get an email when I get a PM because I want to know EXACTLY when somebody is talking to me.

Kind of makes the inbox look like a hell’s ape when EPYC rolls around, though.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Hell's ape is a term I admit I'm not familiar with but it certainly sounds unsettling

• CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    It paints a pretty good mind picture yeah

Inspiration strikes in the oddest places, I swear. . .

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    like the back of a volkswagen?

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    like the back of a volkswagen?

That's not that odd, it's just uncomfortable.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    It begins.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Sending out list now. Or at least a third of the list (other 2/3rds should be out soonish).

If you get gifts you should post in both this thread and the G&T thread. Double the holiday cheer!

Also I think that means there are 3 chains that are going to happen.

Oh man I almost missed my raven but thankfully it got me just as I was going out the door.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    After many long years, i am finally in the first batch of matches to be sent out

This is also a good satanee

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Also

Everybody remember your kindly neighborhood imp!

I am here to make your gift giving betterererererer!

I am in NZ, so if you need a North American/European person and you need an answer NOW you might be better off pinging Brolo or Radiation if you can't wait.

But if you can, I am happy to help, it's like, the best thing ever.

Oh hey, I should go introduce myself over in G&T shouldn't I

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Aw yisss, target acquired

G&T also has a Proxy the Elf account (not run by me), that can pass messages on.