As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MICHAEL BAY ON]Bad Company 2: Carl Gustav is king!

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Maybe.

Also, it's free.

edit: Actually, on the blog they say map packs will be free exactly so that everyone will have the same maps. Other kinds of DLC will cost money.

reVerse on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yea but they announced other DLC stuff down the line for five, ten, or fifteen dollars

I'm wondering if they could do that with maps. I could easily see them do it with weapons and such, but I dunno with maps.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So I know it's probably par for the course by now, but predicting the right angle for a rocket to shoot down an enemy chopper on the move is so freakin' cool.

I had a great session of Rush as a Defender where early on we only had two kills left to win, only to lose our base. In spite of this, my team fought to the end in a nail-biter, including one station disarm where I was probably one second away from failing.

So what I guess I'm trying to say is that this game is super rad.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    SherlokSherlok Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Won't that completely fuck up server rotations?

I mean what do you do if you didn't buy the map and the server switched to it, would the server just kick you?

probably, that's what happens in other games, right?

They already said they'll be releasing a bunch of packs and the trend of letting PC get away with not paying for content seems to be waning, especially with EA. But it's all just speculation on my part, they haven't actually announced anything yet. How does MW2 handle map packs on the PC? They've had 1 released right? or will.
    reVerse wrote: »
    Maybe.

Also, it's free.

edit: Actually, on the blog they say map packs will be free exactly so that everyone will have the same maps. Other kinds of DLC will cost money.

Ohh that makes much more sense.

Sherlok on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I still can't shoot a heli with a rocket

I can snipe the damn pilot but not rocket it

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Sherlok wrote: »
    Won't that completely fuck up server rotations?

I mean what do you do if you didn't buy the map and the server switched to it, would the server just kick you?

probably, that's what happens in other games, right?

They already said they'll be releasing a bunch of packs and the trend of letting PC get away with not paying for content seems to be waning, especially with EA. But it's all just speculation on my part, they haven't actually announced anything yet.

I dunno. Most of the map pack things I remember you paying for were on the console and/or had matchmaking set-up.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yea but they announced other DLC stuff down the line for five, ten, or fifteen dollars

I'm wondering if they could do that with maps. I could easily see them do it with weapons and such, but I dunno with maps.

The cynic in me wants to say that the DLC you're referring to will be XP.

But the optimist in me wants to believe that it'll be cool stuff!

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The DLC you'll actually have to pay for will likely be new (read: better) weapons and perks.

reVerse on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    $4 for a better SMG? Or carry more mines?

Might be worth it.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    10$ buys you a gun that stops medics from rezzing. FOREVER.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    $5 for a pulse rifle that the nazis made

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Angrydome is so empty

It's just me and a pubbie but he's not putting up much of a fight

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Play on the West Side

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Zzulu wrote: »
    Angrydome is so empty

It's just me and a pubbie but he's not putting up much of a fight

shoot em in the head

Malkor on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    $6 for that Tibetan War Cannon from Clive Barker's Undying

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The DLC will just be a collection of weapons to make everyone hate anyone that buys it. An AWP, dual shotguns, a more powerful grenade launcher etc.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    -SPI- wrote: »
    The DLC will just be a collection of weapons to make everyone hate anyone that buys it. An AWP, dual shotguns, a more powerful grenade launcher etc.

The Carl Gustav is already in the game

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    The Carl Gustav is named after our king. The more you know.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The DLC will add a guitar riff to level ups and change the title screen to "Modern Warfare 2".

Also you will never be able to connect to a server again. Which is...nothing new I guess.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Honk wrote: »

Maybe you've seen him represented throughout this thread and the last?

And looking angry on our server banner?

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2010

Actually it's named after Carl Gustafs Stad, aka Eskilstuna.

The Carl Gustaf in question is Carl X.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Echo wrote: »

Actually it's named after Carl Gustafs Stad, aka Eskilstuna.

And who is Carl Gustafs Stad named after...

DOT DOT DOT

Ellipsis.

edit: Yes. :P

Honk on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I've been having good times with the G3 on an Engineer class. It's a solid all around weapon (except in extreme close range, where the hipfire seems to widen to half a kilometer in 3 feet).

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Klyka wrote: »
    The DLC will add a guitar riff to level ups and change the title screen to "Modern Warfare 2".

Also you will never be able to connect to a server again. Which is...nothing new I guess.

Playing the game is the least fun part of the game. Having dorks complain about medics in forums was obviously the developer's intentions from the beginning.

Malkor on
  • Options
    YontouryuYontouryu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Some pretty fun games last night guys. Best moment was when we were defending A on the 2nd stage of Nelson Bay, and had a wall of motion sensors along the battlefront.

Yontouryu on
    a3968.png
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Why is it, that when I add a new server to my favourites list, it is greyed out? It's in there, but I can't join it in any way. I managed to add a few servers at launch and they show up normally in the list, but nowadays whenever I try it they just get greyed out

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Malkor wrote: »
    Klyka wrote: »

Playing the game is the least fun part of the game. Having dorks complain about medics in forums was obviously the developer's intentions from the beginning.

I should really expand my video "review" of the game and do an actual review with totally non-biased opinions.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    *click*

Malkor on
  • Options
    SherlokSherlok Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Zzulu wrote: »
    Why is it, that when I add a new server to my favourites list, it is greyed out? It's in there, but I can't join it in any way. I managed to add a few servers at launch and they show up normally in the list, but nowadays whenever I try it they just get greyed out

You probably haven't sacrificed enough goats to the glory that is EA.
    If you believe you have, you might not have used enough chalk to sketch out your pentagram. Purchase more chalk.
    if it seems like it's broken it probably is, no fault of your own.

Sherlok on
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Last night on the Angry dome, on Arica harbour, I spot an enemy inside one of those cargo container looking offices, in the second floor looking out the window. So I go around it so he doesn't see me, and go up the stairs.

To my surprise, in that same room I see Zen Vulgarity looking out the window, sniping as a recon. To his back, there are 2 members of the opposing team on the opposite window, looking out of it. Everyone's oblivious to their own presence there.

I promptly knife both enemy team members, and Zen never even noticed. This was a full PA server mind you, I didn't take note who the other tow guys were though. Guys.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yontouryu wrote: »
    Some pretty fun games last night guys. Best moment was when we were defending A on the 2nd stage of Nelson Bay, and had a wall of motion sensors along the battlefront.

You mean the time you put bullets in my head? Like, three times in a row?

Good times indeed.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I noticed that I can get tunnel vision when I'm in a scope and having people shoot at me

But I didn't know it was that bad

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    I promptly knife both enemy team members, and Zen never even noticed. This was a full PA server mind you, I didn't take note who the other tow guys were though. Guys.

Heh, reminds me of something I did in TF2 ages ago.

I was on some castle-looking map with tons of wide open areas. The other team had five snipers abreast just outside of their spawn. I stealthed my way there.

Stab, move left, stab, move left, stab, move left...

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The "hey look someone got killed" is less prominent in this game than in others

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The "hey look someone got killed" is less prominent in this game than in others

Yeah, I wish that was a bit more obvious - at least for your own kills. Not that I want MW2-style EPIC MEGAKILLZ!!!! announcements, but something a bit more prominent.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    On Goldrush in TF2 I once stabbed 10 people in a row who were in a neat line in the upper tunnel.

People need to communicate better in all online games.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Also Jesus Christ how did I not notice two guys sitting around behind me

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I kind of wish the squad spawn thing was slightly tweaked. Having someone(s) spawn on your face as you're about to kill another person is getting annoying. Maybe if you're within knife range it should be greyed out.

Malkor on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    On Goldrush in TF2 I once stabbed 10 people in a row who were in a neat line in the upper tunnel.

2:00 in this video. :P

Situational awareness, people!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRsrMCEm9w4

Echo on
  • Options
    MangarooMangaroo LondonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    is it down for anyone else? (EA)

Mangaroo on
This discussion has been closed.