As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Weeaboo] Because foreign children's shows are way better than domestic

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    blaze_zero wrote: »
    It was on Youtube in my subscriptions area.

Huh, they put it there first.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    re: ages

I'll have you all know Col. Walter E. Kurtz did the parachute jump training when he was 38.

animes (and cyclists) are sissies

Senshi on
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    no u

Falx on
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Senshi wrote: »

I'll have you all know Col. Walter E. Kurtz did the parachute jump training when he was 38.

I think everyone here was aware of how good old people are at falling. My mom has it down to an art form, being able to trip over nothing and break two limbs in Disney World.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Scalfin wrote: »

I think everyone here was aware of how good old people are at falling. My mom has it down to an art form, being able to trip over nothing and break two limbs in Disney World.

I think you're forgetting that the next youngest guy there was half his age. That tough motherfucker.

Senshi on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ehhh.... it's not very funny.

Only a couple of funny parts.

Sums up that rip off pretty well I'd say

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I dunno. There are some episodes that are down right hilarious.

Also, the Bardock special was really good.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I dunno. There are some episodes that are down right hilarious.

Also, the Bardock special was really good.

I gave it four episodes.

It was definitely not for me.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well, if you didn't like episode 2, then yeah, not for you.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This is probably a good place to share this. I've got to tell someone about it, it's impossible to keep something this strange all bottled up.

Mr. Brain OP

Apparently the Japanese version of CSI features more slapstick comedy and mecha, but has the same idea when it comes to theme songs.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Going back through and reading some Hajime no Ippo.

Damn, Sendo is fucking awesome. Everything leading up to their second fight is awesome.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Finally finished watching Seto no Hanayome. So good.
    "M-Masa-san..."
    :D

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It's such a fantastic show.
    Good job, HUman!

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Okay so Bleach 399 has been translated
    i take back everything bad i said about gin's bankai because holy shit

holy shit

He's gonna pull a JUST AS PLANNED next week for sure. Horizontal cut? Yeah, he wasn't aiming at Ichigo, not a fucking chance. Probably a subtle nod back to when he fought captain shota where shota dodges the shikai but it keeps going until it almost kills hinamori. Gin's a dirty motherfucker, I can totally see him pulling something like that.

Got a fucking cool name for his Bankai, too.

Senshi on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Damn, Sendo is fucking awesome. Everything leading up to their second fight is awesome.
    That was for the Japanese title wasn't it?

It's worthwhile going and specifically watching the last episode in the show for the music.

But yeah, Sendo is great. He's in an interesting place in the manga currently.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Kelor wrote: »

That was for the Japanese title wasn't it?

It's worthwhile going and specifically watching the last episode in the show for the music.

But yeah, Sendo is great. He's in an interesting place in the manga currently.
    Yeah, the Japanese title. It's a pretty great fight. I kind of wish Ippo wouldn't have freaked out about Sendo being so damn strong though.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Reynolds wrote: »
    This is probably a good place to share this. I've got to tell someone about it, it's impossible to keep something this strange all bottled up.

*snip*

Apparently the Japanese version of CSI features more slapstick comedy and mecha, but has the same idea when it comes to theme songs.
    Err...what?

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bleach:
    Everyone reacted to the spoilers poorly, but I think Kubo did a good job making Gin's bankai and its effects look cool even if it sounded lame on paper.

Naruto:
    Any ideas on who was in the sixth coffin? I'm betting on the Sage of Six Paths.

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Bleach:
    Everyone reacted to the spoilers poorly, but I think Kubo did a good job making Gin's bankai and its effects look cool even if it sounded lame on paper.

Naruto:
    Any ideas on who was in the sixth coffin? I'm betting on the Sage of Six Paths.

the naruto spoilers
    more likely it was madara's real body

there have been a lot of hints that he snatched obito's, and whatever was in that box scared the shit out of him

Rust on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited April 2010
    Well, the second episode of Heroman was just as bad as the first, only worse animated and now everybody knows his 'secret identity'. The best/worst part was Joey going "I CAN DO SOMETHING TOO!" Then a shot of him and Heroman running towards the cockroaches together... just for Joey to stand 5 feet away and watch.

Bleh.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Extricate yourself from the ashtray, we're at your house

I'd watch a whole series if it was British dubbed.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    NovidNovid Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    FoolsTest: BeastSummoner -

If K-On got 28 tv stations, the second season of this show needs 45. And if funi screws the dub, aint my fault they cant sell shit. They cant sell beans - how much more a actually *funny* series?

Novid on
  • Options
    TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Spoil'rd for size.

If shows were dubbed in england instead of america, I would actually like dubs.

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So Heroman sucks then? I was reserving judgment because of Stan Lee, but it already sounded pretty generic and if it sucks I see no reason to watch.

Be fair to dubs Tiphareth, there have been some really good english dubs and on the whole I think they're getting better. Bebop and Black Lagoon would sound awkward to me in Japanese.

Prof. Snugglesworth, can you point me to a link to that comic in your sig? :P

Niceguyeddie616 on
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Tiphareth wrote: »
    Spoil'rd for size.

If shows were dubbed in england instead of america, I would actually like dubs.

That was interesting, and I found it amusing how they mangled Ataru's last name. "Maborashi" :lol:

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    http://hiimdaisy.livejournal.com/

More specifically, the third part of hiimdaisy's Persona 4 comic. More or less details the plot of the game, so if you haven't played it and were planning to at some point, you might want to hold off on reading the comic.

Dizzen on
  • Options
    TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So Heroman sucks then? I was reserving judgment because of Stan Lee, but it already sounded pretty generic and if it sucks I see no reason to watch.

Be fair to dubs Tiphareth, there have been some really good english dubs and on the whole I think they're getting better. Bebop and Black Lagoon would sound awkward to me in Japanese.

I've heard Baccano has an excellent dub (but haven't gotten around to checking it out yet), and black lagoon had that atrocious engrish so any dub has to be a improvement.

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    So I'm listening to the drama/interview tracks of the Bakemonogatari OP releases

that guy who voices Araragi and Izaya is such a charming fucking guy. Seriously it's like women get moist just being in the same room as him, you can totally tell by the way they interact.

a true role model

Senshi on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hmm... for your interest, it seems that there's already a cover of the K-On!! ED song up on Nico Nico Douga. The Internet, it is a speedy place.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    JouleJoule Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Hmm... for your interest, it seems that there's already a cover of the K-On!! ED song up on Nico Nico Douga. The Internet, it is a speedy place.

Oh boy. I'm more interested in a cover of the OP for less chipmunks (it is growing on me a bit though). How many days or more likely hours before the first vocaloid cover.

Senshi: As Chen would say he's so dreamy.

Joule on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Narom wrote: »
    New Nanoha Force, though I guess it's been out a few days already.
    "As a compliment, you can fuck this!"
    Also, coolest image ever. Looks like Nanoha is getting even more over powered.
    'scuse me, need to find some new clothes.

Negima 285:
    He is such a lady-killer. Shoulda killed him when you had the chance, Chisame.

Hahaha what kind of a ridiculous transformation is this?

The best possible solution here is for Nodoka to decide that yes, the threesome is the only viable plan and use that to jog her memory.

Nanoha Force 5
    Cover them, huh? Is she secretly a reporter? XD

Oh great, more broken anti-mage powers to prevent Nanoha and co from unleashing their full potential. =(

Cypha seems interesting.

Yessssssssss Signum

Please don't job >_<

Still no new ViViD...

New Negima and Nanoha? :mrgreen:

Negima
    It's an awesome transformation. I have to love Negima having Negi going down the Dark Arts and Battle-Mage reproaches rather than having a dumb White-Magic hero.

Our hero took all of five seconds to decide he was cool with giving up his Humanity and becoming a Demon. Doesn't even flinch.

His (real) master is going to cry tears of pride when she next sees him.

Nanoha
    I like the direction the plot is going... I just wish it would go faster. Also, fuck the anti-mage shit. We're going to be using physical weapons again with all of this, right?

And Signum is awesome like always.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Narom wrote: »
    New Nanoha Force, though I guess it's been out a few days already.
    "As a compliment, you can fuck this!"
    Also, coolest image ever. Looks like Nanoha is getting even more over powered.
    'scuse me, need to find some new clothes.

Negima 285:
    He is such a lady-killer. Shoulda killed him when you had the chance, Chisame.

Hahaha what kind of a ridiculous transformation is this?

The best possible solution here is for Nodoka to decide that yes, the threesome is the only viable plan and use that to jog her memory.

Nanoha Force 5
    Cover them, huh? Is she secretly a reporter? XD

Oh great, more broken anti-mage powers to prevent Nanoha and co from unleashing their full potential. =(

Cypha seems interesting.

Yessssssssss Signum

Please don't job >_<

Still no new ViViD...

New Negima and Nanoha? :mrgreen:

Negima
    It's an awesome transformation. I have to love Negima having Negi going down the Dark Arts and Battle-Mage reproaches rather than having a dumb White-Magic hero.

Our hero took all of five seconds to decide he was cool with giving up his Humanity and becoming a Demon. Doesn't even flinch.

His (real) master is going to cry tears of pride when she next sees him.

Nanoha
    I like the direction the plot is going... I just wish it would go faster. Also, fuck the anti-mage shit. We're going to be using physical weapons again with all of this, right?

And Signum is awesome like always.

Evangeline's gonna glomp him when he gets back in the most tsundere way imaginable

"I DIDN'T WANT TO HAVE WASTED MY TIME ON YOU IT'S NOT LIKE I CARE OR ANYTHING, YOU DUMMY"

edit: glomp is the worst fucking word ever

Senshi on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ursai Yatsura truly is better when set in the United Kingdom.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE, ANIME THREAD.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    For what? Making you change your avatar/sig?

Tertiee on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I am weak.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

Evangeline's gonna glomp him when he gets back in the most tsundere way imaginable

"I DIDN'T WANT TO HAVE WASTED MY TIME ON YOU IT'S NOT LIKE I CARE OR ANYTHING, YOU DUMMY"

edit: glomp is the worst fucking word ever

She'd better not. It would be a bit out of character.

BugBoy on
  • Options
    LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Gyabo. :(

LeumasWhite on
    QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    JouleJoule Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Welcome back to the fold Chen.

R+V 29: Welp more sisters more plot I guess. B:L will have the full report soon enough for us all.

Joule on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I can't be the only one who's been replaying the ED over and over and over and over and over again.

I'm sorry, Yui, but your voice just isn't very suitable for singing.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
This discussion has been closed.