As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Japanimation] Quarantine Thread

• KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Guys,why do we all talk to and about clawshrimpy instead of talking about fucking anime?

Like Tytania.
    Cause Tytania is all about the ani and the me.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Except you haven't watched most of the shows you're complaining about because you constantly lie about them, so you don't know jack shit.

And you must have seen a very different Turn A than the one I've been watching, since Turn A is extreeeeemely light on the battles.

Spectre-x on
  • ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    Except you haven't watched most of the shows you're complaining about because you constantly lie about them, so you don't know jack shit.

And you must have seen a very different Turn A than the one I've been watching, since Turn A is extreeeeemely light on the battles.
    Quality over quntity. Case in Point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkqiUZhCd-E

When you DO get one, it's incredibly well done. I can't really say the same for 00, and definitely not so for SEED.

Turn A probably offers some of the best animation in Gundam as a whole.

Clawshrimpy on
  • kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Spectre-x wrote: »

Really, I'm 18 episodes in right now on Turn A and he doesn't even have a proper set of weapons for his Gundam yet. He's mostly stopping battles at this point.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    ROBOTS

This clip was giant robots, flying in the air, using swords to kill each other. You're holding it up as a shining example of practicality due to their suit design?

You've broadened your suspension of disbelief enough to accept this sort of sillyness, why can't you go further along that line and accept the rest of it like everyone else? Unless you actually believe this sort of thing might happen...?

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I mean, if you were really concerned about the practicality you wouldn't be using mechs anyway.

Quid on
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This thread makes me weep with tears of joy and pain in equal measures.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    edited December 2008
    ROBOTS

This clip was giant robots, flying in the air, using swords to kill each other. You're holding it up as a shining example of practicality due to their suit design?

You've broadened your suspension of disbelief enough to accept this sort of sillyness, why can't you go further along that line and accept the rest of it like everyone else? Unless you actually believe this sort of thing might happen...?
    I'm talking about the quality of the suits, the fight footage, and how awesome the characters are. ESPECIALLY Gym. (The guy with the black curly mullet.)

Clawshrimpy on
    edited December 2008
    ROBOTS

I'm talking about the quality of the suits, the fight footage, and how awesome the characters are. ESPECIALLY Gym. (The guy with the black curly mullet.)

You know, I understand what you are getting at and such forth.

But don't you think you've pushed these people enough as it is? There really isn't any point to carrying this on.

Aegeri on
  • SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    I mean, if you were really concerned about the practicality you wouldn't be using mechs anyway.

Yeah, the very genre calls for some suspension of disbelief at least.

And speaking of practicality, I think it's enough to just mention how convoluted it can get when they try to explain in detail how said mechs work. I'd rather go without the technological equivalent of midichlorans, personally.

Slicer on
    edited December 2008
    Aegeri wrote: »
    ROBOTS

You know, I understand what you are getting at and such forth.

But don't you think you've pushed these people enough as it is? There really isn't any point to carrying this on.
    I'm just pissed off, and people keep pushing my buttons. People go on about "Oh I havent watched it" yet, how am I going to do that if I get more dissappointed and upset at the show with each episode.

Clawshrimpy on
    edited December 2008
    I'm just pissed off, and people keep pushing my buttons. People go on about "Oh I havent watched it" yet, how am I going to do that if I get more dissappointed and upset at the show with each episode.
    If you aren't enjoying it stop watching. I don't enjoy Mushi Shi. I thought I would, it sounded like something I would. But I don't. I don't go around claiming the creators are ruining a genre I have no ownership of, it just wasn't for me.

Quid on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    If "insisting that it is okay for there to be shows with giant robots in them that aren't Jane's manuals" pushes your buttons, the problem is you.

ViolentChemistry on
    edited December 2008
    If you aren't enjoying it stop watching. I don't enjoy Mushi Shi. I thought I would, it sounded like something I would. But I don't. I don't go around claiming the creators are ruining a genre I have no ownership of, it just wasn't for me.
    You don't know what it's like!

There are no good recently aired Mecha anime, I've been waiting several years for Sunrise to get Gundam back on the right track and it's not happening.

Clawshrimpy on
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Can we PLEASE just have a seperate Gundam/Robot thread where Clawshrimpy can write the same things over and over again?

It would be great if anyone actually discussed some ANIME around here.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    edited December 2008
    There are plenty of good recently aired mecha anime. You just hate all of them because they have stories.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Bad Kitty wrote: »
    There is a difference between a woman and a fangirl. you know, the fanfiction writing, yaoi obsessed, kind?

they should all go back to their sports anime like PoT. they should really stop ruining these shows that I like.

Go fuck yourself.
    these people have their entire own genre. (there are a whole category of shounen-ai shows. go look up Kyou Kara Maoh.)

Why do they have to hostily takeover my fandom?

Congratulations, you're the first person ever on my ignore list!
    See, doesn't that make the whole chi flow of the thread progress more smoothly?

Gabriel_Pitt on
    edited December 2008
    You don't know what it's like!

There are no good recently aired Mecha anime, I've been waiting several years for Sunrise to get Gundam back on the right track and it's not happening.
    THERE IS NO RIGHT TRACK.

There's shit people like to watch and shit they don't like. You're in the minority for shit people like. Sucks to be you. Don't start whining about the dearth of things Clawshrimpy likes and blame it on everyone else ruining it.

Quid on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    There is a difference between a woman and a fangirl. you know, the fanfiction writing, yaoi obsessed, kind?

they should all go back to their sports anime like PoT. they should really stop ruining these shows that I like.

Go fuck yourself.
    these people have their entire own genre. (there are a whole category of shounen-ai shows. go look up Kyou Kara Maoh.)

Why do they have to hostily takeover my fandom?

See, doesn't that make the whole chi flow of the thread progress more smoothly?
    no, because people keep fucking quoting him.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    edited December 2008
    There are plenty of good recently aired mecha anime. You just hate all of them because they have stories.
    Maybe I'd appreciate that fact if the characters were tolerable. I'm still at a loss for words at the whole "Tiera makes Shinn seem tolerable" thing.

Clawshrimpy on
    edited December 2008
    Klyka wrote: »
    Can we PLEASE just have a seperate Gundam/Robot thread where Clawshrimpy can write the same things over and over again?
    We actually did that once before and, while spectacular, doubt the mods would appreciate a second run.

Quid on
  • SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Klyka wrote: »
    We actually did that once before and, while spectacular, doubt the mods would appreciate a second run.

Was that the Gold Standard thread?

That was the best of threads.

Slicer on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited December 2008
    Clawshrimpy, behave yourself or leave the thread.

The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.

Tube on
    edited December 2008
    Maybe I'd appreciate that fact if the characters were tolerable. I'm still at a loss for words at the whole "Tiera makes Shinn seem tolerable" thing.

Lelouch is more than tolerable, he's outright awesome.

ViolentChemistry on
  • darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I would have liked to discuss how much I liked Toradora episode 11 with you guys, but thanks to Clawshrimpy I think I'll be taking a break from this thread for a while.

And as for you Clawshrimpy, VOTOMS and Patlabor were literally up next on my to-watch list. But thanks to your constant bitching, it somehow made me angry to watch it, because watching it would mean I would remember you. It'll likely be a long time before I ever consider watching it again. Thanks dickwad, you just drove me from one of your sacred robot shows. Hope you're happy.

EDIT: Fucking last post on this topic, I swear.

darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
    edited December 2008

Lelouch is more than tolerable, he's outright awesome.
    What, No he isn't. He's as bad as any DN character. Code Geass is basically Death Note with robots that might show up occasionally.

Clawshrimpy on
    edited December 2008
    WHAT DID I JUST FUCKING SAY

Tube on
    edited December 2008
    WHAT DID I JUST FUCKING SAY
    I'm trying to be civil, honest.

Clawshrimpy on
    edited December 2008
    TRYING DOESN'T GET MY INBOX EMPTY. SHUTTING UP DOES.

Tube on
    edited December 2008
    TRYING DOESN'T GET MY INBOX EMPTY. SHUTTING UP DOES.
    I'm am honestly trying to be more civil about this, I don't understand why people are getting so upset at me.

Clawshrimpy on
    edited December 2008
    Clawshrimpy, you are not helping yourself right now.

Aegeri on
  • setrajonassetrajonas Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Allow me to join you in that.

setrajonas on
    edited December 2008
    I know you don't understand, but that isn't my problem. You are being ridiculous. You can't help it, you are ridiculous. It is in every fiber of your being. Just leave it alone.

Tube on
    edited December 2008
    setrajonas wrote: »
    Allow me to join you in that.

This is a really good way to get your ignore list taken away

Tube on
    edited December 2008
    I, for one, had not seen Tube's post when I posted that post. Anyway, did that Viper's Creed thing start yet? Does it suck?

ViolentChemistry on
    edited December 2008
    I know you don't understand, but that isn't my problem. You are being ridiculous. You can't help it, you are ridiculous. It is in every fiber of your being. Just leave it alone.
    Where am I supposed to go, now? if people here hate me, and other forums either hate me or are bad coomunities or whatever, what am I to do?

Clawshrimpy on
    edited December 2008
    Oh, I finished #26 of Death Note. Can someone give me a spoilered summary of the shit that follows?

Quid on
    edited December 2008
    Where am I supposed to go, now? if people here hate me, and other forums either hate me or are bad coomunities or whatever, what am I to do?

Not talk about it constantly. Every so often, when relevant, but not continuously dragging the topic all over the place and making it revolve around you and your opinions. This is what people are getting angry about, nothing further. All you have to do is stop for a while.

Aegeri on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh, I finished #26 of Death Note. Can someone give me a spoilered summary of the shit that follows?

Do you really want to know? It's only a few more hours' worth of episodes to watch.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited December 2008
    Aegeri wrote: »

Not talk about it constantly. Every so often, when relevant, but not continuously dragging the topic all over the place and making it revolve around you and your opinions. This is what people are getting angry about, nothing further. All you have to do is stop for a while.
    I can't help it, I'm vastly upset, and need people to talk about how I can't adjust to what's playing right now.

Clawshrimpy on
This discussion has been closed.