As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Street Fighter (IV/HDR): Fourteen days left! That's less than...336 hours!

1565758596062»

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    adamconroy wrote: »
    Nick T wrote: »
    All the cool kids are playing Splinter Cell Conviction until this comes out. IE ChaosHat and myself.

Meh, watched ChaosHat play it for 10 minutes at PAX. Looked cute but not worth $$ to me.

Also feels really fucking weird calling Mike by his handle.

Felt pretty weird calling me by my not WoW character name too I'll bet.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    SlayerVin wrote: »
    Yeah, I've been meaning to comment on your sig for a while Seanron. Great album, great song, great band.

I kept thinking that the guy in his sig is mikael akerfeldt.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    SlayerVinSlayerVin Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Antihippy wrote: »
    Yeah, I've been meaning to comment on your sig for a while Seanron. Great album, great song, great band.

Jed Simon, I believe?

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • Options
    SakeidoSakeido Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

That is a good tune, but I prefer Alien over City

Sakeido on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Jed Simon, I believe?

Eh, not a SYL fan anyway, so I have no idea who he is.

Only dude I'd recognize is the bald one.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It took a while, but SYL's self-titled album has emerged as my favorite. City has a really strong opening but kinda falls apart near the end. Alien has that completely out of place "Two Weeks" song that ruins the flow of the album.

SYL on the other hand is song after song of face smashing aggression.

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • Options
    SeanronSeanron GlasgowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

Jed Simon, I believe?

Lol, nope, the guy in the sig is me :p although i fully endorse the Jedness!

And yeah, City is just THE album for me, possibly my fave of all time alongside Japan's 'Tin Drum'

And don't diss the GOW3 and Halo 3 dood, their both good games :p although they will most likely pail in comparison to SSFIV when it comes out!

Seanron on
    PSN: Seanron - XBL: Seanron - Steam: Seanron
  • Options
    adamconroyadamconroy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sakeido wrote: »

I flip flop on which one I prefer. City has "Oh My Fucking God" but Alien has "Shitstorm." City has "Home Nucleonics" but Alien has "Love?" I'm always torn. I err on saying I love both those albums equally. However, my favorite moment in any SYL song is when Devin does that unearthly scream after saying "I'll show you fucking crazy" in Shitstorm. Chills every time.

@ChaosHat yeah...I still call you Keighley in my head every time before filtering it.

adamconroy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I flip flop on which one I prefer. City has "Oh My Fucking God" but Alien has "Shitstorm." City has "Home Nucleonics" but Alien has "Love?" I'm always torn. I err on saying I love both those albums equally. However, my favorite moment in any SYL song is when Devin does that unearthly scream after saying "I'll show you fucking crazy" in Shitstorm. Chills every time.

@ChaosHat yeah...I still call you Keighley in my head every time before filtering it.

Oh oh, or the bit in 'Skeksis' right before the final breakdown when Dev just goes "Hu!". Totally awesome :)

Seanron on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Seanron wrote: »

Jed Simon, I believe?

Gotta say you look alot like mikael akerfeldt from that small picture. :lol:

http://www.metaleagle.com/files/images/Opeth_Mikae.jpg

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Basically what I think we're trying to get across is that you look totally fucking metal.

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Jed Simon, I believe?

Gotta say you look alot like mikael akerfeldt from that small picture. :lol:

http://www.metaleagle.com/files/images/Opeth_Mikae.jpg

Again, no problem with that, Opeth are also awesome :P

Seanron on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The pic in your sig has been bothering me for awhile on whether it's mikael or not. No biggie.

Also, this:
    Basically what I think we're trying to get across is that you look totally fucking metal.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hmm we got to the last page before Super launched. We talk a lot :D

Valiantheart on
    PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Woot! New thread time ;)

Seanron on
  • Options
    SakeidoSakeido Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Oh oh, or the bit in 'Skeksis' right before the final breakdown when Dev just goes "Hu!". Totally awesome :)

I've always been partial to the end of We Ride
    PUT IT IN GEAR MOTHERFUCKEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRR

Sakeido on
  • Options
    adamconroyadamconroy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    And don't diss the GOW3 and Halo 3 dood, their both good games :p although they will most likely pail in comparison to SSFIV when it comes out!

Well...I have views that border on religious when it comes to first person shooters. I view Halo as the single worst game ever released, ever. I'd rather play Mary Kate and Ashley visit Paris and do Barbie Dress-up (actually sounds kind of hot now, 10 years ago it was insulting ha).

I'm an old school Quake player (used to roll with Fatal1ty back in Q2 and was one of the best in Q3) and have very specific views about what an FPS game should be. Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are the only legit FPS games for consoles because they didn't have any illusions about being the same as a PC FPS. Needless to say, I could go on forever. :)

GoW...meh. Not a BAD game, just indicative of what I hate about the current state of the industry. Boring <10 hour 3rd person button mashers that are really fun for two levels and then put you to sleep because the developers ran out of time. They're the spiritual successors old school beat em ups like Double Dragon but I feel like a lot was lost in translation. Turtles in Time and Streets of Rage were fun because you were playing with your friends, not because they told a cool story.

Just my thoughts. Seeing the word Halo sends me into a rage.

adamconroy on
  • Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hmmm....interesting... Alioune just confirmed that Sagat's TU still hits like a mack truck (160-180 damage) if it hits you as an anti air instead of on the ground.
    If it hits you on the ground, it only does 100 damage.

So just like Cammy, it seems they nerfed the ground damage but kept the anti air damage.

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Well...I have views that border on religious when it comes to first person shooters. I view Halo as the single worst game ever released, ever. I'd rather play Mary Kate and Ashley visit Paris and do Barbie Dress-up (actually sounds kind of hot now, 10 years ago it was insulting ha).

I'm an old school Quake player (used to roll with Fatal1ty back in Q2 and was one of the best in Q3) and have very specific views about what an FPS game should be. Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are the only legit FPS games for consoles because they didn't have any illusions about being the same as a PC FPS. Needless to say, I could go on forever. :)

GoW...meh. Not a BAD game, just indicative of what I hate about the current state of the industry. Boring <10 hour 3rd person button mashers that are really fun for two levels and then put you to sleep because the developers ran out of time. They're the spiritual successors old school beat em ups like Double Dragon but I feel like a lot was lost in translation. Turtles in Time and Streets of Rage were fun because you were playing with your friends, not because they told a cool story.

Just my thoughts. Seeing the word Halo sends me into a rage.

No worries man :) each to their own :D

Seanron on
  • Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Arde wrote: »
    Hmmm....interesting... Alioune just confirmed that Sagat's TU still hits like a mack truck (160-180 damage) if it hits you as an anti air instead of on the ground.
    If it hits you on the ground, it only does 100 damage.

So just like Cammy, it seems they nerfed the ground damage but kept the anti air damage.

Oh I like that. I found the change to straight 100 damage across the board fr both characters a bit on the dumb side.

Valiantheart on
    PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Now the question is does Chaos or Dover get the new post up first...

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    Now the question is does Chaos or Dover get the new post up first...

Always bet on the Hat. New thread.

ChaosHat on