As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW Game 13 - Witch Hunters join the battle!

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Friggin' Bs.

admanb on
  • Options
    MordenthralMordenthral Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Norsca - Skaven in Troll Country
    Troll Country - Skaven in Kislev
    The Empire - Skaven in Kislev
    Estalia - Skaven in Estalia
    Tilea - Skaven in Estalia

So 1 in Troll Country, 2 in Kislev and 2 in Estalia. Now.. barring any Dazzles and Abyssal Pacts.. in certain weakened regions.. *squelch*

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Discard the Persistence of Change

Darian on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Round 3 Summoning Phase

CitOW-g13-r4-1.gif

Khorne is active.

admanb on
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Skavens decrease resistance of a region right?

If so, Summon a bloodletter to tilea

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    *bilious cough* That is correct, Bloody One.

Now there will be a Great Foul Consumption in Bretonnia - 2 - After placing corruption but before checking for ruination remove all your figures from the region. Place 1 corruption for every 2 figures removed. 4/6

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Summon an acolyte to Tilea

Khorne, please do keep an eye on our grandfather; he's much more dangerous than he might appear.

Sorry about the edit; keeping my original action choice.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    There is nothing I can do there while the Electors continue suing for peace

Dracil on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm off to a wedding, so this will be the last update through most of the weekend. I'm sending the map file to (poor, poor) Darian so that he can cover if things keep moving.

Round 4 Summoning Phase

CitOW-g13-r4-2.gif

Khorne (5/7) let's a Bloodletter descend on the unwitting peasants of Tilea.
    Nurgle (4/6) calls for a Great Foul Consumption (after placing corruption remove all his figures, place 1 corruption for each 2 removed) in Bretonnia.
    Tzeentch (6/7) wills an acolyte into Tilea.

Slaanesh is active.

admanb on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Enjoy the wedding. May the bride and groom share their STDs and may the guests spread their infections amongst the masses. *creamy discharge*

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited April 2010
    In Bretonnia, Degenerate Royalty. 6/6

Shushnik on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Summon Bloodletter to Kislev 3/7

Dracil on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    *ingrown toenail infection* A Leper from The Empire to Bretonnia. 3/6

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    A fine choice, Slaanesh; it would not do to allow grandfather to dominate Bretonnia as well as corrupt it.
    For myself, I think I should protect the Border Princes with a Temporal Stasis.

(M) Temporal Stasis - 1 - The cost for your opponents to summon figures to this region, and play Chaos cards in this region, is increased by two.
    5/7

Darian on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    *gurgle* Yes, Degenerate Royalty was one of the cards I was worried about. If you had played that Temporal Stasis in Bretonnia I would have been truly screwed.

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited April 2010
    Field of Ecstacy in Tilea. 4/6

Shushnik on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I need a new throne now that the empire is destroyed.

Skull Throne to Estonia 2/7

Dracil on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    *infectious spittle* A Leper from The Empire to Bretonnia. 2/6

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    *gurgle* Yes, Degenerate Royalty was one of the cards I was worried about. If you had played that Temporal Stasis in Bretonnia I would have been truly screwed.

Now, grandfather, you already had enough power there to dominate the locals. It didn't seem a proper use of my resources to prevent Slaanesh from matching your efforts.

Wave an acolyte from Troll Country to the Border Princes, bringing a Warpstone. 4/7

Darian on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Round 4 Summoning Phase

citowg13r43.gif

Nurgle (4/6) calls for a Great Foul Consumption (after placing corruption remove all his figures, place 1 corruption for each 2 removed) in Bretonnia.
    Slaanesh (6/6) reaches out to the Degenerate Royalty of Bretonnia (no effect)

Khorne (3/7) brings forth another bloodletter in Kislev
    Nurgle (3/6) oozes a leper from the Empire to Bretonnia
    Tzeentch (5/7) weaves a magical shield over the Border Princes, a Temporal Stasis (+2 PP to act)
    Slaanesh (4/6) prepares a Field of Ecstasy in Tilea (no battle dice from figures)

Khorne (2/7) erects a Skull Throne in Estalia (domination from attack instead of number of figures)
    Nurgle (2/6) continues the flow of lepers from the Empire to Bretonnia
    Tzeentch (4/7) waves an acolyte from Troll Country to the Border Princes, dragging a Warpstone

Darian on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited April 2010
    In The Badlands (M) Dark Influence - 1 - When you play this card, move a Peasant, Hero, or Noble token from this region to any other region.

Move the noble to Troll Country 3/6

Shushnik on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Mmmmhmmhmm *offensively vulgar chortle through rotting lips* But now that Slaanesh has stopped matching me the game is at an end. I dedicate my victory to Slaanesh and readily admit the huge assistance of the Electors and Witch Hunters (may they rot in the Warp).

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Blood Frenzy to Troll Country 2/7 PP

Dracil on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Puke the final Leper from The Empire to Bretonnia. 1/6 *give messy birth to a Great Unclean One*

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Slaanesh, dear one, you simply must match grandfather's efforts in Bretonnia.

I hate to be crude, but the mathematics of the thing are simple: 4 for helping to ruin, 9 for contributing the most is thirteen already. If he also dominates the poor denizens, that is another 4; all the rest of our efforts will be for nought. I will help as I can; Teleport the daemonette from Troll Country to Bretonnia.

Teleport - 1 - When you play this card, move any Cultist or Warrior from this region to any other region.
    3/7

Darian on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    *finger falls off* Well-played, sir!

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Oh huh, I just noticed field of ecstasy only blocks figure dice. I thought it blocked all dice.

Dracil on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited April 2010
    I still believe it is a futile effort, but I will concede to Tzeentch's designs.

Move a seductress from the empire to Bretonnia.

Shushnik on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Shushnik wrote: »
    I still believe it is a futile effort, but I will concede to Tzeentch's designs.

Move a seductress from the empire to Bretonnia.

Definitely never give up. Try to make the Old World win if nothing else. :) Only you can stop me from winning this round. And yes, I'm choking on my words, Darian! :-D

I'll have to give Khorne something to eat this round since you're mirroring me. I don't think a Tzeentch double tick can be stopped this round.

I'll have to get creative next round to get my +3 VP dial tick and one other point.. or maybe Khorne will side with me because of that double Teleport you hit him with. ;)

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Plans within plans. I think I see how to seal the deal.

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Round 4 Summoning Phase

citowg13r44.gif

Slaanesh (6/6) reaches out to the Degenerate Royalty of Bretonnia (no effect)

Khorne (3/7) brings forth another bloodletter in Kislev
    Nurgle (3/6) oozes a leper from the Empire to Bretonnia
    Tzeentch (5/7) weaves a magical shield over the Border Princes, a Temporal Stasis (+2 PP to act)
    Slaanesh (4/6) prepares a Field of Ecstasy in Tilea (no battle dice from figures)

Khorne (2/7) erects a Skull Throne in Estalia (domination from attack instead of number of figures)
    Nurgle (2/6) continues the flow of lepers from the Empire to Bretonnia
    Tzeentch (4/7) waves an acolyte from Troll Country to the Border Princes, dragging a Warpstone

Slaanesh (3/6) uses his Dark Influence to convince the nobility of the Badlands to move north to Troll Country

Khorne (2/7) whips Troll Country into a Blood Frenzy (two dice at start of battle)
    Nurgle (1/6) oozes the final leper down the path from the Empire to Bretonnia
    Tzeentch (3/7) makes a statement by Teleporting the daemonette from Troll Country back to Bretonnia
    Slaanesh (2/6) meekly slips a seductress from the Empire to Bretonnia

Darian on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Plans within plans. I think I see how to seal the deal.

I was hoping you wouldn't notice that, grandfather. Khorne, please allow me the privilege of the second magic slot in Tilea, if you'd be so kind. Unless you have another blood frenzy for it; that would also be acceptable.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I was gonna go peasant hunting in the badlands but... I can't, so I'll just put my last Bloodletter in Tilea instead. 0/7

Dracil on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    A touch of the plague will do nicely in Tilea. Plague Touch - 0 - The defense value of each enemy figure in this region is reduced by 1, to a minimum of 1.

A single, moist, putrescent bit of Power still remains. 1/6

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Clever, grandfather, but not quite enough. Slaanesh, you'll need to abandon Tilea, now. I should have thought to ask Khorne to do so, first, but alas it is too late for him. Otherwise, grandfather will be able to aid its ruination for the final victory.
    Acolyte from Tilea to the Border Princes, carrying a Warpstone. 2/7

Darian on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited April 2010
    Seductress from the empire to Bretonnia 1/6

Shushnik on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    You sure you wouldn't rather take that seductress from Tilea? Otherwise, you offer Nurgle the game.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'll give him time to change his mind while I rot.

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I know the catch is this: Does he want to use all his power stopping me while you get to take your Dial advance with you, when you leave Tilea?

Slaanesh doesn't have that option. Maybe he just sees the true futility of it. Then next turn it will be up to him and Khorne to stop me from getting 4 points and stopping you from double ticking, which would be a victory for you. (Assuming you double tick this turn.)

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    But surely he wants to at least give himself the chance; a loss now to you, versus the possibility of losing to me in the future. I would need to double-tick this turn, and then still be two ticks away. And I'm out of Temporal Stasis, having used two early and the third now (and not going to draw enough cards to reshuffle).
    You'll have very little, if any, forces on the board going into next round, making it a difficult position for you, but offering flexibility in seeking domination points.
    And he'll be set to take first place in Tilea while Khorne gets second. That will bring him back to within striking distance for a VP victory.

Darian on