As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad Company 2: Bad is the new Good- New Patch notes in OP

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    -Loki- wrote: »
    What did they do to the M60 and CG?

For the M60, it looks like they reduced the bullet damage. CG they may have reduced the splash radius - not sure.

a5ehren on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sounds good. Did I hear that the F2000 isn't so bad anymore? I love that thing, even if it is the worst of the ARs.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    M60 basically 5 damage a shot less, which means it takes an extra shot to kill you unless they have magnum ammo (still more shots at long range) which, since it fire so slowly, means it's actually perfectly balanced along with all of the other LMGs. And it's more inaccurate now.

The CG's kill radius was lowered to the point that now, if the person is using explosive mk 2, the kill radius is barely bigger than the default pre-patch.

And the F2000 looks almost decent now. Probably is.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I like the new patch.

Good server browser.
    Good balance tweaks.
    No longer feel guilty for killing mans with the CG. (Not that I spam it much just long range and building/cover'd enemies. Cause who needs the CG for close range when you have the PP2000? No one thats who.)

And the ATI drivers today!

Also finally got plat PP2000.

Hooah!

Sonork on
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    Sladvan wrote: »
    Pegging choppers at anything but the long range is so easy with tracers now.

Also, all you Radeon 4xxx people: Here is the load time update.

<3

I didn't even know this problem existed. By the time I spawned in my team would be halfway to the capture point in Arica Harbour.

EDIT: I also see that I haven't been added to the PC list.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Does anyone really care about the PC list? 360 and PS3 might need it for invites, but it's not like people are going to be rushing back to this thread after seeing someone in the dome.

"Ohshiiiiit is he on the LIST?"

Also, thanks for the notice on the ATI updates Slad. Hooooooraaaaayyyyy

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, isn't it just 'make sure you wear the PA tag when you play on the dome' anyway?

-Loki- on
  • Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    hey, i be wanting to play. My PC name is Stopgap. and pc is The way to play. that is all.

stopgap on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GhostalkerGhostalker Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, isn't it just 'make sure you wear the PA tag when you play on the dome' anyway?

I rarely do that but I'm on Vent so if anyone has any complaints I'll be sure to listen.

Also, the timer for people to load really needs to be increased. Didn't see much of a difference between before the patch and now after. I'm still rushing headlong into an almost deserted MCOM without any real problem.

Ghostalker on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I like my [ROFL] tag thank you very much.

But yeah the PC list doesn't really have much use.

Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm never in vent (I have it, but usually my fiancee is behind me watching TV, so I need to be quiet), but I always make sure I have a PA tag so I don't get booted.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    They do anything to the 870? I roll with that thing, slugs, and magnum ammo, and wreck faces, and if I can't do that anymore I will be heartbroken.

Ein on
  • Options
    HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thank fuck for the new server browser. That is all.

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • Options
    FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Garand still isn't tracking stats. :?

Fats on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ein wrote: »
    They do anything to the 870? I roll with that thing, slugs, and magnum ammo, and wreck faces, and if I can't do that anymore I will be heartbroken.

They reduced the range on pump magnum slugs, so...yes.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ok, so I got that you had to remove the old favorites list and put in a new one, but now I can't find the angry dome, and the "adding without using the server browser" thing gets me a grayed out Angry Dome...

Do I have to wait for the stupid long full refresh to find TAD?

EDIT: ANd now that I've done that, TAD still isn't showing up.

Dammit, I wanted to play this tonight and can't because this "Improved" server browser sucks ass at finding servers

Khavall on
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh my god the PP2000 is the best Engineer weapon ever. I still can't get used to the AT4 for some reason. I am terrible at aiming with that thing. I've only destroyed one Blackhawk with that thing because I always undershoot with that thing. By the time the rocket is close to the heli, it's already behind it, and every heli is faster than an AT4 rocket.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    finnith wrote: »
    Oh my god the PP2000 is the best Engineer weapon ever. I still can't get used to the AT4 for some reason. I am terrible at aiming with that thing. I've only destroyed one Blackhawk with that thing because I always undershoot with that thing. By the time the rocket is close to the heli, it's already behind it, and every heli is faster than an AT4 rocket.

The only thing it's easy to hit a chopper with that is untagged is a Gustav. Even the RPG7 is all luck unless its tagged.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So is it normal to take forever to level up from 1? I find myself mostly relying on my side winning in order to get any xp while I try not to die as a medic.

Quid on
  • Options
    DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hurrrg those patch notes make me so jealous. Has there been any talk of when the patch is coming to 360? Increased tracer speed would make me so happy.

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    finnith wrote: »

The only thing it's easy to hit a chopper with that is untagged is a Gustav. Even the RPG7 is all luck unless its tagged.

You should also be aware that the rocket/missile/projectile is a bit ahead of its smoke trail.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Quid wrote: »
    So is it normal to take forever to level up from 1? I find myself mostly relying on my side winning in order to get any xp while I try not to die as a medic.

As a level 1 medic you don't have many options. Just plug away at guys with your LMG and try to take objectives. Shouldn't take long. Once you get the med pack leveling is a bit easier, and once you get the defibs, you'll have trouble not exceeding 1000 points a round.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Ein wrote: »

They reduced the range on pump magnum slugs, so...yes.
    Only the damage.

But they buffed normal shotguns like whoa. Like.

Whoa.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I remember the first few levels going by fairly quickly. At the beginning it really, really helps to pick up the kits of dead people, who are almost certainly higher level than you. You'll continue gaining XP in the class you spawned as, regardless of what kit you claim, and dropping medkits/revives/repairs/resupplying/sensing all add up fast.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I remember the first few levels going by fairly quickly. At the beginning it really, really helps to pick up the kits of dead people, who are almost certainly higher level than you. You'll continue gaining XP in the class you spawned as, regardless of what kit you claim, and dropping medkits/revives/repairs/resupplying/sensing all add up fast.

I found out signing up for BF Vet that not only did I get an old ass gun but I also got med kits/ammo box/ repair tool/recon ball right off the bat and I knew how to use them. So I sky rocketed from 1 to 10 within a few games.

This doesn't help but once you get those extra items then you'll level pretty quick. For awhile....then you hit 24 and it all stops to a crawl but is cool nothing happens cept your e-peen gets so damn gerthy.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I find myself dying a lot more than usual since the patch.

Also I have a really annoying bug where when I am about to spawn the game freezes for .5-1 seconds then unfreezes and I haven't spawned, then 3 seconds later I have spawned and everybody teleports to their current location to make up for the temporary freeze. If I make any kit changes in the few seconds after the freeze it doesn't do anything for that spawn, but saves them for the next time.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Any Nvidia folks getting a seizure-inducing black flashing screen in some conditions? I think it's a dust/fog/smoke thing, but it only started today.

Fats on
  • Options
    TrevorTrevor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So, I was just playing and saw some of the fancy new weapon and character skins in effect on the 360. That means the good news is that they appear to be working. The bad news is that it looks like you can't just use the same code over and over again like you could for the Mass Effect things. You may also have to pay for them after you unlock them or something? I don't know, but if someone wants to throw some codes my way I would be more than willing to try them out. For the betterment of the community, you understand.

Trevor on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I found out signing up for BF Vet that not only did I get an old ass gun but I also got med kits/ammo box/ repair tool/recon ball right off the bat and I knew how to use them. So I sky rocketed from 1 to 10 within a few games.

Is the BF vet thing where you give them the code from a prior BF game?

Quid on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Fats wrote: »
    Any Nvidia folks getting a seizure-inducing black flashing screen in some conditions? I think it's a dust/fog/smoke thing, but it only started today.

Yeah, I was. I looked around the webs for what was causing it, and I saw someone mention high AA was causing it for them. So I knocked my AA down a couple of notches and I've only seen it once since.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Is the BF vet thing where you give them the code from a prior BF game?

Correct!

One cookie to you!

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sweet.

New plan.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Fats wrote: »

Yeah, I was. I looked around the webs for what was causing it, and I saw someone mention high AA was causing it for them. So I knocked my AA down a couple of notches and I've only seen it once since.

Hm, I'm running with no AA. Maybe I'll turn it up and see if something changes.

Fats on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Right. New plan just as soon as the website is back up.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yeah apparently that thing had been down a little past BC2 release. I had set my stuff back during the demo time.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    God dammit this is crazy buggy.

"Enter you Battlefield 2 information!"

Kay

"To enter Battlefield 2, enter credentials!"

*nothingness*

Quid on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Just go sign up for BF Heroes using the same EA account.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Just go sign up for BF Heroes using the same EA account.

That's... a good idea. I had given up trying to get it to work.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I hope everyone wanted another terrible wookie on the server, because it's time to unlock all the recon shit. I wish I could dump extra experience from one class to another.

Fats on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    BF Heroes is aware that I have BC2 installed.

BC2 remains unaware that I signed up for BF Heroes.

Quid on