As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ModNation Racers] Wait? People are still playing this? Ummm...Vita version pending? Yay?

1141516171820»

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Man. Looking at a lot of comments on articles dealing with the patch being announced to have "Casual Mode" eeeeeveryone thought it was going to be "No Rubberband" mode. Like.. everyone. And that seems to be the one thing they didn't actually fix.

I am still so disappointed. I was so hopeful for this game, and I had a ton of fun with it before it got frustrating.

InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I think I'm probably going to trade this in soon, as well. It's frustrating when you try your best and only get to 7th place.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So I just got this game and spent a couple hours playing and customizing. Holy crap the racing portion is unforgiving, and then they use the same item hell that Mario Kart is famous for. 1st place? BAM! Missile to the butt and you're in 12th.

Creation is way fun though.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, too bad it's even worse here. I can't even be in first for any amount of time.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wow the demo is a total dick. Spend a half hour creating a character only to have them wait until you save the fucking thing to tell you, BTW you can't use this character in the demo races. Kthnxbie now go fuck yourself.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    LiquidatorLiquidator Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hey guys, just looked through this thread and I found a lot of disturbing info!

My wife and I played the demo of this the other day and we both really enjoyed it. She's really into the creation type of stuff, as well as the racing, and I thought it would be a nice fun game we could both play with each other. However, after reading about these horrible load times and overly difficult AI, I'm thinking maybe it's not worth it?

Do people still play this game? How is the community? Did they ever fix any/all of the issues that you guys were complaining about such as load times and difficulty?

Also I was curious, can this game be played 2-player split-screen locally while online? I.e. can my wife and I play together on the same TV but play online versus others?

Thanks for any info!

Liquidator on
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Liquidator wrote: »
    Hey guys, just looked through this thread and I found a lot of disturbing info!

My wife and I played the demo of this the other day and we both really enjoyed it. She's really into the creation type of stuff, as well as the racing, and I thought it would be a nice fun game we could both play with each other. However, after reading about these horrible load times and overly difficult AI, I'm thinking maybe it's not worth it?

Do people still play this game? How is the community? Did they ever fix any/all of the issues that you guys were complaining about such as load times and difficulty?

Also I was curious, can this game be played 2-player split-screen locally while online? I.e. can my wife and I play together on the same TV but play online versus others?

Thanks for any info!

Yes, you can play split-screen online. The load times aren't that bad.

However, you're only going to get the creation bits by beating the campaign. And the campaign is a cruel bitch.

So, if your wife is fine having limited options, then you should be fine. No idea if they patched it recently though, you'd probably have to google it, as I think most of us gave up on the game.

InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I haven't read this thread, but did you guys all used to play against each other? I mean, I figure a league of sorts in this could be fun with all Penny Arcade folk.

Anyway, puffycow and myself just got this and I am going to lose hours upon hours creating shit. I will probably create more than play the game.

Here is a car I just made after beating the intro to the game.

5383187568_683403a958.jpg5383187526_b8cfd92d9b.jpg

Hotsteppers is the name of the forums NHL 11 team. If anyone ever wants to play and dick around, let me know. I have yet to buy a headset for the PS3 though. I would love to just race and have a fun time with you guys.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    InkSplat wrote: »
    However, you're only going to get the creation bits by beating the campaign. And the campaign is a cruel bitch..
    Actually, I think I heard something about them releasing a package on the PSN to unlock all the content for $3.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    "...And for an additional $3, you can access the FUN part of our game!"

Houn on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Are those frosted shredded wheats driving a PA car?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Are those frosted shredded wheats driving a PA car?

Yeaaaaaa, I'm gonna turn them to silver probably. Haha.

I wish that had a quick test drive button or something when editing a kart. When you take it on the road, it is a whole new design/editing beast.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I have to ask.

Are Mario, Ironman, and Spiderman still the top characters in the Mod Spot?

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Last I saw, it was Scarlet Spider-man, Samurai Jack, and Bruce Lee. Yesterday, Samurai Jack was replaced by someone that I don't know.

With so many awesome created racers, I need to look for some unique guys to make.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I wish this game was more forgiving in the single player arena. Creation is so good, but the actual game just sucks the fun out of it. =\

spookymuffin on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I traded mine in a long time ago. Like I think the game came out in June and I'm pretty sure I was rid of it by mid-July. But I keep thinking about rebuying it just cause the track creation was so fun.

Then I remember that the game offered no incentive at all for people to try other people's tracks so my creations that I slaved over for hours and hours would sit for weeks at a time with literally no views other than a few pity ones from the people here at Penny Arcade. And I never had a single person ever drive on one. Views and downloads was all I ever got. Never actual races.

And then I also think about how Mario, Iron Man, and Spider-Man were in the top 3 mods position from day 1 till the day I quit. Just makes me sick that originality doesn't matter.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I wish this game was more forgiving in the single player arena. Creation is so good, but the actual game just sucks the fun out of it. =\

You guys just keep bashing the single player...of a racing game. Besides still having to get a full grasp on the control of my kart, this game is a blast. I played a few online races and played one just myself and a friend. I haven't had any problems.

edit: Seriously. Playing as the puppet from the Saw movies is fucking hilarious. I just came in second out of 10 racers online. Heh.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    You have to play single player to unlock things. Also completing a game is half the fun of playing it. This game refuses to let you do so.

spookymuffin on
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I was hoping this game would be a nice progression from various Mario Kart iterations (to play with my lady), but there's just too much going on at once. The complexity may have made it fun for racing against several other savvy friends, but from a pick-up-and-play perspective it failed badly.

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I really do think everyone is too hard on this game.

I haven't read this whole thread, but it just seems like you guys never play/ed together. That is the whole fun of having a forum like PA. How come there was no league or themed race nights or something?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    No one could really get into this game is why. We tried to play together a few times when it first came out, but between the shitty AI, the horrible load times, the matchmaking failures, and everyone focused on unlocking creation parts, it never happened.

Then everyone got fed up with it and stopped playing.

You want to set up a race night or something, feel free. I still have it, I might hop on if it's at a reasonable time.

Houn on
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Let me put it to you this way. As the OP. Sony botched this game. I'm not paying money to unlock features that should have been open day one. That and the challenges can suck a big fat silly goose.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG