As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Street Fighter: Demon Armageddon, coolest ultra.

• Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Still. It's not like it's going to rank you based on anything.

We can have fun with it tomorrow night though! Maybe KP can record the whole thing.

I can.

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hopefully next week is a game that is a little more buoyant then.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Actually KP, now that I think about it, it's probably best of one game? So we wouldn't be able to use it.

I think we should do A3 again next week anyways due to low turnout.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    StokedUpStokedUp Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    wasnt lagging at all. YOU were lagging. And im going to simply find a counter-pick for Chun for the wanfest tourney. Im thinking Sagat, or maybe Bison.

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gamertag(SSF4/MW2)StokedAidzzzSC2 ID Stoked.655
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It was definitely you tonight. Adam and I both had problems with lag and staying connected to you, played fine with each other. LaggedUP.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ninjabear wrote: »
    Getting E. Honda to B+ rank has been a real up hill battle. Today, I went from 5500 to 5600 after playing for about 2 hours.

B+ = 10k. Enjoy the ride :(.

So, anyone here in the Philly area? Big tourney in August, it'd be cool to meet with some PA folk there.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Is it West Philly?

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    blaze_zero wrote: »
    Is it West Philly?

While that was where I spent most of my days on the playground, I am unsure. I had to leave the city at an early age due to ruffians, so I don't recall the layout s'much.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    ok that made my day biz.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I assume you were also born and raised there?

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    yeah man, me and biz used to get in all kinds of trouble.

but then he moved and i just don't get along with the family where he stays man. I try and be nice to everyone, especially his hot niece, but i get thrown out every single time. That judge has a nice toss in him.

Pssssh.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    blaze_zero on
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Wishpig wrote: »
    DarkMecha wrote: »
    And MAN did that guy totally destroy me with 4 diff characters (ryu, dictator, juri, and gouken). I got him low on hp in a few fights and won 2 rounds, out of 5 matches. He only had 379 PP and also taunted me alot, which made me feel like I'm a REALLY bad player but I guess that's just the reality of it.

SFIV is a constant reminder that your never as good as you think you are. There are always people out there who can and will humiliate you.

Which is bad news for me, because I think I suck.

Yeah that basically sums up my online experiences with SFIV lol. It can be pretty frustrating to me, since every time I've played online I get completely destroyed exactly like that. Even losing like that though, it's still really fun when I go "aha I could maybe do this..." and then in the second round I do abit better than the first. So I must be learning something and I'm determined to get better so I'll just keep enduring it and hopefully it won't be so bad...eventually.

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The problem I have is that I need to play online in order to get enough games in to learn matchups and such, but I find that I need to adjust for lag in order to hit certain combos. Then, after playing online for awhile, I start missing those same combos when playing offline.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    blaze_zero wrote: »
    Is it West Philly?

While that was where I spent most of my days on the playground, I am unsure. I had to leave the city at an early age due to ruffians, so I don't recall the layout s'much.

Based on the srk post it's at the airport sheraton which is south philly, Bizazedo the same guy runs a monthly tourney at gamer doc in Springfield pa that happens on the 26th of this month. It's a really easy trip if you are close to i95. (i95 to 476 to swarthmore/springfield exit turn right follow about 4-5 blocks to the large shopping center on your right with olive garden and borders.) I may attend that tourney but idk for sure yet.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/6/14/guile-theme-goes-with-everything-part-ii.html

Falls short of being as good as The Lion King one, but this was pretty good.

Column on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So there aren't any achievements/titles/icons in for Tournament mode in yet? I just won one and got nothing.

Admittedly, I only won because I got to the finals and the other player lost connection, but it popped up and awarded me the trophy cup screen anyway.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I think the reward for tournament mode is a title.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Haven't noticed any new titles yet. Do you have to win a lot of them before one pops up, maybe?

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    I may attend that tourney but idk for sure yet.

Fielding a PA team'd be sexy.

I think a PA team would do respectably.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Bizazedo!

Look what i found: 360 Controller for the PS3

Now i'm just trying to figure out when/where i can buy it. Because i don't see it on their site yet and i want it NOW.

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Man you obviously have not played me much Biz I am sort of terrible.

That said I stopped in at that local tourney I mentioned for the last monthly, Dr. Chaos who got 3rd at the tourney you played in this weekend is often at them as are some other skilled players.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Sivraj wrote: »
    Bizazedo!

Look what i found: 360 Controller for the PS3

Now i'm just trying to figure out when/where i can buy it. Because i don't see it on their site yet and i want it NOW.

The shoulder buttons sound suspect, but I'll try it.

You tease me, sir, with not being able to find where I can spend my $$, though. I wants it :(.
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    Man you obviously have not played me much Biz I am sort of terrible.

That said I stopped in at that local tourney I mentioned for the last monthly, Dr. Chaos who got 3rd at the tourney you played in this weekend is often at them as are some other skilled players.

I'm sure you're fine :). 'sides, the point is to have fun, not necessarily take it all.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    So umm nintendo 3ds...
    e3-2010-day-2-0545-rm-engjs.jpg

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Rufus jiggle in 3d FINALLY.

aBlank on
  • Options
    solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    aBlank wrote: »

We can finally get the SF version of Holosseum.

solsovly on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Chun Li in 3D?!

:D

As long as it isn't a port of that God awful iPhone game.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

I hear it's also got a motion sensor. Maybe they'll let you shake the 3DS to make him jiggle.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Chun Li in 3D?!

:D

As long as it isn't a port of that God awful iPhone game.

It's likely going to be a port. They can't re-do the engine for something like this really. So a port makes the most sense.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Zero pms for ranbats so far! Come on people!

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    so getting back to ranked mode for C to shining C... Gouken edition. Fought a horrible Blanka, was easy win. Only thing is I could of sworn my DP would punish blocked blanka balls but that doesn't seem to be the case? I was blocking them standing and getting reversal... maybe it's LP and not MP? I wouldn't think that would have enough range. *shrug* Funny how many bad blanka's will happily slide into focus attacks.

Also fought a T-hawk who seemed to only have 2 buttons (3p/3k) based on the replay. Only swept, dived, and EX-tornado'ed/ultra when I fucked something up. Again, I thought my dp's would punish his dives but that again doesn't seem to be the case. Should probably hit up the SRK forums but as long as I get a steady stream of horrible players, hopefully I can get through this without too much issue.

aBlank on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    so getting back to ranked mode for C to shining C... Gouken edition. Fought a horrible Blanka, was easy win. Only thing is I could of sworn my DP would punish blocked blanka balls but that doesn't seem to be the case? I was blocking them standing and getting reversal... maybe it's LP and not MP? I wouldn't think that would have enough range. *shrug* Funny how many bad blanka's will happily slide into focus attacks.

Also fought a T-hawk who seemed to only have 2 buttons (3p/3k) based on the replay. Only swept, dived, and EX-tornado'ed/ultra when I fucked something up. Again, I thought my dp's would punish his dives but that again doesn't seem to be the case. Should probably hit up the SRK forums but as long as I get a steady stream of horrible players, hopefully I can get through this without too much issue.

Gouken/Hawk matchup is definitely in Gouken's favor. He's so tall, that mp fireball still hits him if he tries to walk in. And Dive is a free punish, you might be using the wrong button strength though.

Zone him out, mp fireball his ass at jump in range, ????, profit.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    SkyeSkye Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

If it's the same as in vanilla, you need to block balls high, and do reversal LP palm.

Skye on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Skye wrote: »

If it's the same as in vanilla, you need to block balls high, and do reversal LP palm.

ahhh, some reason I thought it was MP. I always think LP won't reach (ditto with Hawk probably). Good to know.

Reading the SRK forums and holy shit, they nerfed the shit out of Gouken. Huge damage nerfs and his demon flips are no longer overhead (holy wtf at that).

aBlank on
  • Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    http://www.facebook.com/marvelvscapcom3?v=wall

MvC3, five game play movies, watching them now.

Column on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    only watched first one... dunno how I feel about it, looks kinda neat.

aBlank on
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    only watched first one... dunno how I feel about it, looks kinda neat.

I only watched the first one as well, but it seemed about on par with the last game. The new things I noticed were air combos that let you switch out characters mid combo and continue the combo. And the colors are even more seizure educing than the first. Which I didn't think was actually possible.

Edit: I also don't really remember assists from the trailer. I know they exist though. I might have been distracted by the colors. This is a real possibility with me.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The assists were definitely there, they just weren't spamming them (Maybe a longer cooldown?)

The gameplay looks pretty fun, the only thing i didn't like is the shadows on all the characters. I don't get why everyone seems to be covered in shading.

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Wow that looks insane, and really great in motion. love the crazy shit Deadpool says. Pineapples!!

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha