As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Un]Official PA WH40K Gaming League! Get your fight on!

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Pollo, I'd be down for a game around 9pm EST (I swear I'll actually make it to my computer tonight).

Extreaminatus on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Salvation let me know when a good time is to play. Seems my schedule for tomorrow just cleared. If you want tonight, after 9 est would be good for me.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Pollo, I'd be down for a game around 9pm EST (I swear I'll actually make it to my computer tonight).

Just made it home, and I'm heading to bed. I'll play tomorrow if you're still up for a game.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Lawinator is having to withdraw due to hardware problems, does anyone know someone who'd be up to taking his place?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    We already had 1 person who wanted to be wait-listed

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ah, right, Dorkman.

I have no running water and no AC. Little frazzled here. :D

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Salvation let me know when a good time is to play. Seems my schedule for tomorrow just cleared. If you want tonight, after 9 est would be good for me.

Early tomorrow evening or Saturday during the day would be best.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    FUCK TERMINATORS.

EDIT: CLARIFICATION:

FUCK MY OWN TERMINATORS

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    SpherickSpherick Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    CLARIFICATION: FUCK PLASMA

Spherick on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Hey, it was a fun tactic. To bad it back fired.

Oh and, FUCK BLIGHT GRENADES!

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    FUCK- well, um, SPEEDERS!

Extreaminatus on
  • Options
    DorkmanDorkman Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yeah I am more then willing to step in as long as Eldercat can wait until Sunday to play. I got family visitng all weekend so I wont be available until Sunday evening.

Dorkman on
    Poke Black 2 FC: 0390 6923 7158
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'll post next week's match-ups at the normal time, but it's okay if you two run late, since the player-change is coming so late in the week.

I want to make sure that I haven't missed anyone's results, so to doublecheck, these are the players who haven't gotten their games in yet?

Dorkman...........v.............Eldarcat
    Mordin889........v............Altmann
    Mazzyx.............v............Salvation122

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I haven't been able to get mordin889 online so... i don't know what to do about that. I PMed him and he said he's pretty busy.

altmann on

signature.png
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I might be able to step in for someone if needed. I'm just scared of vassal.

I'm also really only free on weeknights EST...

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Salvation Saturday would be fine, just let me know a good time and I will make sure I am around.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    altmann wrote: »
    I haven't been able to get mordin889 online so... i don't know what to do about that. I PMed him and he said he's pretty busy.

So he's not going to be able to get a game in this week? I could fit a game in probably any time tomorrow, so we can do that as an alternative, I just won't earn any points off the results.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Hey, Spherik, Extreaminatus, Altmann...

You guys wanna play that combat patrol tonight?

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    if Gabriel is on, I'll play him for league, if not, then we can do combat patrol. I started making a map for it too....

:P

altmann on

signature.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'll see what's going on when I get home, I'm supposed to have company tonight. If they don't show, then combat patrol is on.

Extreaminatus on
  • Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    What rules and map are you using?

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Dorkman wrote: »
    Yeah I am more then willing to step in as long as Eldercat can wait until Sunday to play. I got family visitng all weekend so I wont be available until Sunday evening.

Sure, that's fine.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    i think we decided on using adepticon's rules:

• Armies are no more than 400 points.
    • You must have one Troop choice.
    • You may have one HQ choice, but no more than one
    • Armies are not required to take mandatory unit choices. All other unit restrictions (i.e. 0-1) apply.
    • You may spend remaining points from anywhere in the Codex.
    • No model can have more than 2 Wounds (except models with Swarm universal special rule).
    • Psykers may be used, but may NOT use any power requiring a psychic test.
    • No model can have a 2+ save.
    • No Special/Unique/Named Characters are allowed in the Combat Patrol event.
    • No vehicles with a total Armour value greater than 33. This is calculated by adding the Front, Side and Rear armour numbers. (Only count the Side once).

altmann on

signature.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Well, there goes my demon prince + terminators idea.

Extreaminatus on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    altmann wrote: »
    if Gabriel is on, I'll play him for league, if not, then we can do combat patrol. I started making a map for it too....

:P

So what time is best for you tomorrow? I'm good all day and right into the night.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'll be on tonight and probably tomorrow any time.

altmann on

signature.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Allright then, I love the smell of havoc in the morning! Game on at 1 p.m.?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I had a game vs Altman's IG, Half my army dissipated into the warp on turn one. But its ok... I STILL WON. Altman's artillery apparently thought that the game was over and decided to not do anything for the rest of the game.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    FUck artillery it has done nothing in EVERY GAME and its over 1/2 my army pts for that list.

altmann on

signature.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The Emperor reviles the presence of such low, chittering beasts!

Altman got his game in, and it was a firm victory for the great warriors of the Imperium. Wolves v 'Nids, the game was Seize Ground, Dawn of War Deployment. I had some worries when he gave me first turn, so I had all of my guys in trees, trying to hug the center line as close as possible. Then on his turn, on rolled two rhinos, a razorback, and a Long Fang squad armed with missile launchers. We had decided that the walls positioned around the board only gave cover saves and did not block LOS, and it was at that moment I realized perhaps maybe that was a mistake, as that meant the only LOS blocking piece was a ruined tank in the middle of the board. Funny how staring down the barrels of four tred feathers can inspire epiphanies like that.

Fourteen genestealers with a broodlord were the closest unit I had to the line, and they ran forward through the intervening cover with some amazing rolls, and over the next turn weathered four frag missiles, and then a Murderous Hurricane from a rune priest, some more incredible rolling letting them _just_ into assault range against the long fangs.

Since the genestealers were still in the hurricane, the fangs struck first, killing two more genestealers, leaving the broodlord and two stealers surviving. 11 attacks beat against power armor, causing five wounds, of which altmann's dice allowed him to save... one.

That nicely took care of the missile launcher threat, but a multi-melta in a drop pod came thundering in, almost managing to get a first turn kill on the Parasite (the only synapse in my list) with s multi-melta. The parasite emerged unscathed (from that, at least, the heavy bolter fire and living lightning attack were not weathered quite as gracefully), and nearby stealers charged in, tying it up, and ultimately killing it in CC to prevent it from shooting again.

Now, maybe this makes it sounds like things were going poorly for the Wolves, but unfortunately, this would not be the case. Jaws ate one of my hive guard, murderous hurricanes battered my gargoyles, bolter fire did, well, what bolterfire does best to squishy thing, and when I lined up a full squad of gargoyles, with their blinding venom and poisoned attacks to goo the hell out of his rune priest and grey hunters, they literally bounced right off.

It all came down to the end of turn four. The Parasite turned a grey hunter into a ripper swarm, but was immediately thereafter swarmed itself by a near full squad of grey hunters, and both it and it's accompanying genestealers got beat down and stomped on. I had one near full squad of genestealers left, sitting on an objective, but that was my very last scoring unit, whereas he still had two he could put to good use. My stealers leapt off the objective to cause some symbolic mayhem, and then we called it, control having swung back and forth until the end, with the Wolves pulling off quite the distinguished victory.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Mazzyx v. Salvation122: Mazzyx win. Very good game; thought I might be able to hold out for a draw with one clutch little gaunt sitting on an objective, but he failed his 3+ cover save (against 6 wounds, so I can't really complain.)

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Salv it was a great game. Mind if I write it up as kind a battle report? I serious thought when my DP went down you were going to run me over with those gaunts. Things scare the crap out of me now and I use to doing well in close combat.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    By all means go ahead.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Good game gabriel, I would like to play again in a less serious setting because I know I was being a little bit crazy with my rules lawyering and I would probably be less so in a practice game. I also didn't realize that you were banking on the walls blocking LoS, we will have to discuss that before hand as i can see how that might get confusing.

Your nids put up a good fight. I thought it was going to be a loss for me after the 2nd turn, but after taking very light damage in the turn 4 assaults it heavily swayed in my favor. Had your stealers rended 2-3 times in the grey hunter assaults it would have been a win or at least a tie for you.

Not sure about the gargoyles though. They seemed uninspiring in terms of their usefulness. Against vanilla marines maybe they'd do better because I got counter-attack and all my guys have BP/CCW so that's rough stuff.

altmann on

signature.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Allright, that just leaves Dorkman v Eldarcat, yah?

I'll have week 2's match-ups posted early tomorrow evening. I was actually a little surprised we haven't had any draws yet.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    *cracks knuckles* Ahem time to the tell of when the men of the Emperor's Children, fine honorable men, met the monsters of the Tyranid swarm. OK, yeah not so honorable men and mostly corrupt souless monsters themselves.

Map:6x4 Forest Hills(if you want to look)
    Mission:Seize Ground 4 objectives
    Deployment:Spearhead

So both of us deployed in opposite corners in the 4+ cover obscure vehicle terrain since there was an objective in each of them. I deployed in the north with my blastmaster in cover near one objective my rhinos with their contents out producing a productive wall with a murderhole in the front with the noise champions there so sonic blasters could shoot and the doom sirens can lessen the swarm. The prince was right behind this.

Salvation set up his gaunts as close to the middle as possible with the shooty gaunts with a warrior in the back to hold his objective. Also defending that were his 4 hive guard. In the center of the swarm was his Hive Tyrant. I deployed second and went second and he deployed first and went first. I kept my chosen in reserve for an outflank.

Turn 1:
    Salvation and his swarmed with their massive speed moved towards me and the middle of the map. No shooting occurred but thanks to the runs they had taken most of the middle. Looked like in turn 2, 3 if I was lucky I was going to be swarmed, not a happy proposition to be in.

My turn I moved up a bit so I was with in my objective with my rhino wall around me. I had los to one of the packs of hormagaunts running my way and unleashed sonic devastation on them. Killed a few off. I had also moved my DP with in charge range thanks to wings and going second. Warptime had failed with a roll of an 11 but would not matter. My dp charged the closest gaunt squad then laid waste to 4 of them and only received one wound. They took 3 more from no retreat and we move to turn 2.

Turn 2:
    This is when I realized moving my prince up was a bad bad idea. Warptime succeeded though which was nice but a second pack of bugs flanked and joined the fight. On top of the the tyrant cast this psychic power which reduced my weapon skill to 1 from its awesome 7. So battle begun, thanks to having the initiative I was able to reduce the attacks coming at me by killing 4 more gaunts. Sadly this did not matter as I took 6 wounds and saved only 1 of them. My DP went down to tide of bugs. Ugly poisonous bugs. Other than that it was more moving towards me, with the swarm.

This is the moment though when Slaanesh smiled upon my men and their sonic weaponry became key. I looked at the tyrant who had destroyed my prince and in rage and anger fired everything I had at it. It took many a hit but the monster fell and with it the hive minds control of the swarm. This was the turning point I had been waiting for. My men roared with ferocity as they watch the monster explode in a sonic barrage.

-This was the turning point, since the gaunts were outside synapse it really meant a lot of the control had been taken out of this game.

Turn 3:
    One untouched group of gaunts failed their leadership and charged a rhino which is where they stayed till I was prepared to fight them. The one remaining gaunt from the squad I had charged also failed and went after the other rhino who he would follow like a puppy. The final squad which was still pretty much at full strength succeeded but got bogged down in difficult terrain. Firing for Salv was still non-existent.

Now is when the heavy 3 portion comes into play verse swarms on my sonic blasters. Since two groups were distracted with Rhinos I went after the one group who wasn't. I hit it with all my blaster, one doom siren(got one gaunt) and missed with the blast master. But I had reduced it to 3 units instead of 10. Also this turn my outflanking Chosen came in from the side I wanted and shot up a hive guard with their meltas. Everything makes its leadership not to run and we move onto the next round.

Turn 4:
    The two groups gaunts on the rhino keep biting at the treads while the three alive from my last round of shooting charge into my sound marines. One of the hive guard group blows a bolter off my wall Rhino and shakens it. The shooty gaunts and their warrior leader kill a chosen with their fire. In the assault I take one wound and my champions wipe out the gaunts with their power swords. I am down to two groups of hive guard, one bitey gaunts and one shooty gaunts to face.

My turn one group of marines jumps into its rhino and steams off for middle objective closest to Salvations starting area. The other group backs off 6 six inches, the rhino backs up so that they have a clear line of sight and begin to destroy the remaining set of biters. Between them and the blast master the gaunts are down to 4 units and are pinned. The chosen kill one bug and their rhinos tank shock does nothing.

Turn 5:
    The one lone gaunt keeps biting my tires on a rhino while the pinned ones stay. A hive guard fails its synapse roll. Two more chosen are picked off from fire as well and that was about it.

My noise marines move up to the objective in the middle my end, the doom siren kills 3 of the 4 left and the last gaunt makes all but its final save verse my noise marines. I had two objectives to 1 and at least one more maybe being captured and Salvation only had 1 scoring unit he could of used that wasn't on an objective if it stopped biting my rhinos tires. But it was a lone single gaunt.

It was a really good game. Nids scare the bejesus out of me. Hive Tyrants are big, so many of them. And my army has no large templates to smash bugs/orks/guard with. I must say though I feel I got lucky if that Tyrant lived I am pretty sure I would of lost.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I said I'd be able to get a game in today anytime. I just had to work everyday this week (Bad timing on my boss's part)

Moridin889 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Dorkman wrote: »

What time is good for you?

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    I said I'd be able to get a game in today anytime. I just had to work everyday this week (Bad timing on my boss's part)

Well this complicates things. We're getting pretty late in the day, but if you can get a game in with Altmann, that will take care of that. Otherwise, I'll have to think of a solution to make up for you not getting a game this week.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I would think you give them a deadline to get a game intody, if not done by then. Award the win to altmann? at least this way the next weeks games can get underway.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."