As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NBA: Playoffs! Refs are the only team that matters.

• Options
    BergyBergy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Apparently Yao had his foot surgery in China and it got botched pretty bad or that is the rumor going around. Still hasn't healed after a year, bad news. Maybe being 7'6" finally caught up to him.

Hope he gets better.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
    I've been trying to reach you, but your extension cord doesn't reach that far.
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    stern all shootin out tampering warnings to teams about talking to cp3o without the hornet's permission
    but formation of miami superfriend's is still ok

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    stern all shootin out tampering warnings to teams about talking to cp3o without the hornet's permission

I would think there's some difference when dealing with free agents and players still under contract, but I don't really know much about the tampering rules the league apparently has.

UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

I would think there's some difference when dealing with free agents and players still under contract, but I don't really know much about the tampering rules the league apparently has.

absolutely
    freagents can talk to whoever the hell they want
    but if pretty credible rumors are to be believed, the plans for that team were layed out long before free agency
    so its apparantly ok to talk to a player without their team's permission if it's about the future when they will be free agents or something
    bubbaT would probably be able to tell us more about the rules though you'll have to ask him cause i'm not talking to him cause hes a jerk

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    clownfoodclownfood packet pusher in the wallsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So when are we targeting for the slow draft. I will be gone for the first 18 days of sept so I want to know if I need to make the occasional move to check in and make draft picks.

clownfood on
    photo-4798.jpg?_r=1355437546
  • Options
    tinyfisttinyfist Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It's started already, you're picking at #8, clownfood. :)

tinyfist on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    tinyfist wrote: »
    It's started already, you're picking at #8, clownfood. :)

Don't toy with my emotions....

clownfood on
  • Options
    tinyfisttinyfist Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    tinyfist on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    tinyfist wrote: »

I'm always the last to find out about these things...

clownfood on
  • Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    ol' eddie house is a heat

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    And Von Wafer to the C's.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Marbury signed a 3 year deal in china.

starbury.gif

In 15 games last season there he averaged 22.9 points, 9.5 assists, and 5.9 rebounds on 53% shooting.

and reports say he is on his best behavior. i'm sure he is still crazy but apparently china just doesn't care.

also seen that AI has been in conversations with a chinese team as well.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    do the chinese like practice?

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    ProfsProfs Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Speaking of practice...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffJvDgBrwMI THE SEQUEL!!

Profs on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    In case you were wondering whether the Heat were worth hating even without Lebron, they are.

With Heat season tickets sold out, team fires season ticket sales staff
    Because the Miami Heat has no season tickets left so sell, the team decided to let their sales staff go.
    BY DOUGLAS HANKS

With the arrival of Lebron James, the Miami Heat rapidly sold out all their season tickets. That turned out to be bad news for the ticket-sales staff, which was fired Friday.

In a statement, the Heat confirmed the dismissals Friday afternoon, saying that with an "exhausted'' inventory of season-tickets "we no longer require a season ticket sales team to sell tickets.''

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    ahh thats pat riley for ya

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Also, wasn't the Boys & Girls Club supposed to get all the ad revenue from "The Decision"? They got less than half of it.
    ESPN donated the block of time and agreed the ad revenue would be donated to charity. All told, the program generated $6 million in ad revenue with the biggest chunk -- some $2.5 million -- donated to the Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Ann Arbor, Mich.-based sponsorship-evaluation firm Joyce Julius & Associates said the eight brands featured in the show received $2.9 million in equivalent ad time.
    http://adage.com/article?article_id=144882

C'mon, I know Jim Gray isn't the cheapest [strike]whore[/strike] journalist in sports, but he don't cost no $3.5 million.

Who knows if ESPN will cover it, probably not. They already pulled a story off the website because it criticized Lebron.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    And all that story did was say what a boring party it was.

Someone in the comments noted that if was an AI party circa 2002 LeBron's night would be the "come down" after 36 hours of sex, alcohol and drugs.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    BubbaT wrote: »
    Also, wasn't the Boys & Girls Club supposed to get all the ad revenue from "The Decision"? They got less than half of it.
    ESPN donated the block of time and agreed the ad revenue would be donated to charity. All told, the program generated $6 million in ad revenue with the biggest chunk -- some $2.5 million -- donated to the Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Ann Arbor, Mich.-based sponsorship-evaluation firm Joyce Julius & Associates said the eight brands featured in the show received $2.9 million in equivalent ad time.
    http://adage.com/article?article_id=144882

C'mon, I know Jim Gray isn't the cheapest [strike]whore[/strike] journalist in sports, but he don't cost no $3.5 million.

Who knows if ESPN will cover it, probably not. They already pulled a story off the website because it criticized Lebron.

I was going to ask how they are going to spin the fact that the 'Bron's charity didn't get as much money as they hoped, but i guess it is obvious. Media Blackout for the win!

clownfood on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Maybe ESPN's useless ombudsman will mention it in a 10,000 word monstrosity of a column

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    fortisfortis OhioRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That won't be for another couple of months, though.

fortis on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'm just spreading the good news.

Hope they ban them here, I don't want to hear them during basketball games this year.

i can't imagine how much more annoying they are in a closed arena.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    the only place i can see them even have a remote chance of catching on is in college athletics
    arenas will stamp out that shit when it pops up immediately
    especially with a sport like basketball where oncourt communication is key for both teams and the game moves so fast where its not like football where you can stop cheering when you're on offense etc etc

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I don't see arenas instinctively banning vuvuzelas. I see them instinctively banning vuvuzelas fans bring from home, and selling them at concession stands for $29.99. And passing them out at halftime to fans behind the visiting bench.

Arenas don't care about annoying noises. Staples Center still passes out Thunder Stix, and every arena in the league pipes in music that sounds like a 4th generation analog copy of a song taped off the radio in a car driving down the freeway with the windows open.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Celtics appear to be close to signing Shaquille O'Neal. Will have the story up shortly.
    http://twitter.com/SherrodbCSN

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    dammit shaq
    is there anyone you wont play for
    cmon buddy, you still got some purple and gold pride in your blood right? you can't go there man

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh god damn it. I thought that story died and I was happy it did.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I love it. Please happen.

You know that three times a game where Rondo gets Perk the ball and he dribbles it and it gets stolen? Shaq won't have that problem.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    How can Boston sign him? Did he finally agree to less than $5mil? Or is Boston somehow under the cap still?

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    It'd be vet minimum, or a sign+trade for Rasheed Wallace or Perkins.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    If Boston dumps Perkins for Shaq, they're insane. Or they know more about his knee injury than we do

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    speaking of big shaqtus, i think theres a new shaq vs. on tonight
    not sure what this one is about

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    If Boston dumps Perkins for Shaq, they're insane. Or they know more about his knee injury than we do

Perk is expiring and out at least half the season. I don't see him contributing very much next season.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Perk is expiring and out at least half the season. I don't see him contributing very much next season.

I know, but what about after? Rondo/Perk would make a great Rose/Noah-esque core for when they need to rebuild (which could be sooner rather than later).

I could see dumping Sheed though. He might actually be a decent fit in Cleveland, which is probably going to be more of a jump-shooting team anyway

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Sheed is retiring last I heard.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Perkins is an expiring contract and I do not believe Danny Ainge will re-sign him after this season.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    the thundersticks are only 99 decibels

vuvuzelas are 127

nearly 30 decibels louder

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
This discussion has been closed.