As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Awkward Moments [Shibby casting dark magic all up in here]

• Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Lilli wrote: »
    Also I have a really bad habit of periodically remember awkward things I've done in the past, and I instinctively say "Oh noooooooooooo" aloud. It's awful whenever I'm in public and people just kind of look at me funny.

Oh god D:

Isn't this like some sort of horrible vicious circle? You go "oh noooooooo" when you remember how awkward it was the last time you went "oh noooooooo" aloud in public! And then you go "oh noooooooo" again because you literally just did it again!

this is like some even sadder version of Cathy

ACK!

Raneados on
  • Options
    HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    rane we are both bad spellers and we both make ed bipolar

this is a sign that we need t become the bestest of friends

psh i am pretty sure he was terrible before we came along

also don't you guys like hang out in person?

we used to but thse days he's too damn cheap to come visit me

and yes hes allways been terribad.

HeavyVillain on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You wacky tranoids.

Also recently I've kind of been turned off all Grenadian people so it's kind of awkward when I meet up with girls who I know like me.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't even know anymore who here on SE++ is gay or lesbian or transsexual or whatever.

Gender and sexual orientation are kinda ambiguous in this forum I guess. A matter of debate, one could say.

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Koshian and Anti are the only trans in SE++ I think. Open ones anyway.

Many many people are bi and several are gay.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Koshian wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    pillow wrote: »
    Koshian and antimatter here is a pro tip from yours truly

you don't have to deal with that crap; you could do what I did and finally burst out with "I AM gay, you fucking bigot!" it's the only time I've ever cussed at my parents

don't have to deal with that crap anymore, but it sure was awkward and costly!
    and I'm much happier for it, I believe

my mom knows, at least, and she's fine with it

I have no fucking clue what my dad would do if he found out, so he never will :V

my mom also knows and is okay with it!

my dad is a really nice guy though, and I don't want to come out in a way that's too upsetting

also I'm moving out of country sometime in the next few months and I'll take any chance I can to put it off, soooooooo

As the plane's taxiing away:

*ring ring*
    "Hello?"
    "Hey Dad, I'm a girl!"
    *click*

Peccavi on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ferrus wrote: »
    I don't even know anymore who here on SE++ is gay or lesbian or transsexual or whatever.

Gender and sexual orientation are kinda ambiguous in this forum I guess. A matter of debate, one could say.

everyone is either gay or changing into the opposite gender or both.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    LilliLilli Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Also I have a really bad habit of periodically remember awkward things I've done in the past, and I instinctively say "Oh noooooooooooo" aloud. It's awful whenever I'm in public and people just kind of look at me funny.

Oh god D:

Isn't this like some sort of horrible vicious circle? You go "oh noooooooo" when you remember how awkward it was the last time you went "oh noooooooo" aloud in public! And then you go "oh noooooooo" again because you literally just did it again!

It pretty much goes exactly like that, but more often than not I'll remember something that's related to what's going on. This coupled with my ability to remember all the awkward things I've done doesn't help at all. D:

Lilli on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

What about gay transsexuals? That's where shit gets complicated.

Ferrus on
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Let me introduce you to Antimatter here.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I know a friend of a friend who is transgendered and also a somewhat horrible person.

This particular tranoid decide that even though we don't really know each other or ever talk I needed to have knowledge of this awful story confided in me:

Apparently she was going shopping for jackets or some such lady clothing item while just starting hormone therapy and saw what looked to be a sort of "shitty looking bald kid" in a trench coat. She then turns to the woman she dated back when she was a dude and starts making fun of the kid just audibly enough for the kid to know he was getting laughed at.

The kid had just had chemo.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The one that comes to mind for me, I was 8-9, huge thanksgiving/family reunion type thing at my house, I was sleeping in the living room with some cousins, every room had become a sleeping area, there were a good 40-50 people.

I don't wake up instantly, and always have a good 30 seconds to a minute between dream/reality.

so when I was woken up by my aunt, most of the family was already at the dining area for the breakfast smorg.

" Fuck you , Fuck you , I can't fucking sleep in the TV, do I look purple, holy fuck!!!!"

then I blinked, and saw the entire dining area staring at me, and could just remember enough to know what I had said. Fun day.

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    VoproSTEIN wrote: »
    Waking up really early, something I never do, and walking by my sisters door which is slightly cracked open and hearing the sounds of lovin being done. While I pass by the floor creaks really loudly and then all is quiet in the house.

That was awkward.

My girlfriend recently got a new place with her older brother. I'm pretty sure he's going to be in your shoes during this.

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Let me introduce you to Antimatter here.

I uh, I guess I should stop making fun of it then. Wow.

Ferrus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Whenever you're trans and you tell someone you're interested in guys or girls, they'll both tell you you're straight or gay, depending on the person...... That sentence was awful >_>

Lilli on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Many many people are bi and several are gay.

WhoBisexualsMessagePie2.png

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Man, I don't even know when I'm having an awkward moment any more.
    It's like how when you smell something for too long you stop smelling it at all.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    pillowpillow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I say "dude" and "man" a lot when I talk and when I first started talking to this one trans-girl I warned her of this awkwardly, because I didn't want her to think I was being a bigot or nothing

super awkward (and a little slurred at the time) but thankfully she laughed

pillow on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Awkward Moments:

calling my teacher mummy aged 5

getting in a fight with someone who spat at my transvestite friend on the bus and breaking my hand

dropping an ultra heavy concrete fencepost on my (then)girlfriend's dad's foot and fracturing it

doing the same to my cousin with a bowling ball

pretty much every time I've had sex (even the good stuff)

still waiting for the day someone walks in on me jerkin' it!

Beasteh on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    gonna come back from canada with inexplicable boobage one day and it's just going to be like

h-hey dad...

"Son I don't know how to say this but... if you're going to have boobs, people are going to think you're a girl!"

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    gonna come back from canada with inexplicable boobage one day and it's just going to be like

h-hey dad...

"Oh, oh these things? Yeaaaah, they're for my Halloween costume for this year!"

Antimatter on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    hot, tingly red shame moments

the most vivid memories a person can have

Beasteh on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Beasteh wrote: »
    getting in a fight with someone who spat at my transvestite friend on the bus and breaking my hand

Man whatever, getting into a fight for your friend makes you A++ material.

Lilli on
  • Options
    pillowpillow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    A- if you both end up getting the shit beat out of ya

pillow on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The best part about being super pale is that you turn bright red so everyone can know you're having an awkward moment and then the moment becomes that much more awkward.

TheStig on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    pillow wrote: »
    A- if you both end up getting the shit beat out of ya

this makes me laugh because this happened to 3 of my friends

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    TheStig wrote: »
    The best part about being super pale is that you turn bright red so everyone can know you're having an awkward moment and then the moment becomes that much more awkward.

Nah the best part about being super pale is that when you get acne (despite being well into your twenties) it'll show up as massive ugly blotches like some sort of fusion of burns victim and plague carrier

And then if you go all flushed on top of that, it looks like an army of red ants are advancing across your face

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010

A friend of mine once had a fight (for a much less noble reason) and broke his hand too, but the guy he hit came away with his face pretty much unmarked

I have no idea how the hell that happened

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    My roommate used to identify as transsexual (the typical "i'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body" type)

he's like 5'11" and 115 pounds, used to have anorexia (he was under 100 at some points)

however, he says he realized srs and hormones wouldn't really solve any of his issues, and that not going through with it is one of the few decisions in his life he never regrets

now he just says he's a biological male who likes females, and doesn't give a shit about gender roles (his terminology is 'post-gender', he cross dresses pretty frequently, etc)

queue one thousand angry posts

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

A friend of mine once had a fight (for a much less noble reason) and broke his hand too, but the guy he hit came away with his face pretty much unmarked

not enough milk!

Raneados on
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I miss being on Accutane, those were good times. :(

Peccavi on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Tossrock wrote: »
    My roommate used to identify as transsexual (the typical "i'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body" type)

he's like 5'11" and 115 pounds, used to have anorexia (he was under 100 at some points)

however, he says he realized srs and hormones wouldn't really solve any of his issues, and that not going through with it is one of the few decisions in his life he never regrets

now he just says he's a biological male who likes females, and doesn't give a shit about gender roles (his terminology is 'post-gender', he cross dresses pretty frequently, etc)

why?

if he's happy with himself and knows who is then that's all anyone can want for him

Raneados on
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I have a friend who once taunted a one-shirted kid he was in an argument with so much that the kid and his one shirt punched a metal door so hard he broke his hand.

It was fucking hilarious.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I miss being on malaria pills.... I should try to get some more.

TheStig on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

not enough milk!

His bones were so brittle! Even though he drinks plenty of

...malk?

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm pale and I had terrible acne when I was like 16 (Which was an all-around embarrasing time but yea, puberty) so I went to a real awesome dermatologist. She prescribed meds that had a long ass list of potential side effects, like accelerated hair growth OR hair shedding and spontaneous temporary blindness.

I even had to sign a paper that said I'm okay with this treatment. Luckily nothing bad ever happened to me because of it.

Sorry, you were expecting a terrible story there, weren't you?

Ferrus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Tossrock wrote: »

why?

if he's happy with himself and knows who is then that's all anyone can want for him

because

i-want-to-be-a-cat.gif

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm pale as helllllllllll but i never had any acne at all

this is where i do my "thank goodness" dance

Raneados on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    awkward is having subpar hand-eye coordination when you're right handed and left eyed

wah wah wahhhhhh

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm pale as helllllllllll but i never had any acne at all

this is where i do my "thank goodness" dance

Hey me too!
    Also I have perfect hair, it's great.

TheStig on