As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] The new [Chat Thread] full of chatalysmic puns

• Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    edit: Also really, I can count on one hand the number of times I've been camped by a max level dude. Totally worth it for some of the awesome shit that PvP servers can lead to.

I can think of two totally awesome things that ever happened by virtue of my server being a PvP server. Both of them were 5 years ago.

Yeah honestly I just rejoined after two years of absence so I could be totally behind in terms of this topic. But when I think of wow, I still think of the 3 hour long raid in duskwood and the assault on ironforge.

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Soloing Hogger was so satisfying.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm one of those people who have always played on a PvP server and always will. Despite all the ganking and max-level douchebaggery, I still like them. There's just something about PvP servers I like. Maybe the perpetual threat of death from other players helps keep me on my toes and hones my skills a little better.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    A little update on my shaman. After selling 4 stacks of herbs(for varying amounts) I now have 30g on day two of his creation. Little feller is going to be rich.

edit: You know what would be swell? BoA bags. I hate running around with no money and no bags. A 20 slot BoA bag would just be so awesome.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    My warrior struck a goldmine...When she killed the Blood Elf bandit for the quest in Azuremyst, the mask also dropped.

280G without leaving the starting area, cha-ching!

Nobody on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So my other guild (that my Rogue and Paladin [strike]are[/strike] were in) finally started raiding again a week ago after succumbing to some pretty heavy drama about six months ago. I voice my interest, but the guild leader is pretty ambivalent towards bringing my well-geared Priest (who is my main and favorite character) in to heal, and wants me to play my Rogue, who is not well-geared and I honestly kind of suck at playing.

I then come to find out that my girlfriend, who was considering resubbing to help her guild (the one my Rogue and Paladin were in) out with their raiding, has been gkicked, and the leader and his co-leader wife strongly hinted that they don't want her back at all, and if she came back, she'd have to agree to some bullshit language policy that nobody else had to agree to.

Yeah, no. That shit doesn't truck with me.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    A little update on my shaman. After selling 4 stacks of herbs(for varying amounts) I now have 30g on day two of his creation. Little feller is going to be rich.

edit: You know what would be swell? BoA bags. I hate running around with no money and no bags. A 20 slot BoA bag would just be so awesome.

Is this like a "no money from my main" challenge or something? If you can get BoA's, couldn't you just get some money?

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    korodullin wrote: »
    So my other guild (that my Rogue and Paladin [strike]are[/strike] were in) finally started raiding again a week ago after succumbing to some pretty heavy drama about six months ago. I voice my interest, but the guild leader is pretty ambivalent towards bringing my well-geared Priest (who is my main and favorite character) in to heal, and wants me to play my Rogue, who is not well-geared and I honestly kind of suck at playing.

I then come to find out that my girlfriend, who was considering resubbing to help her guild (the one my Rogue and Paladin were in) out with their raiding, has been gkicked, and the leader and his co-leader wife strongly hinted that they don't want her back at all, and if she came back, she'd have to agree to some bullshit language policy that nobody else had to agree to.

Does your girlfriend talk like a salty sea dog or something?

GnomeTank on
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    GnomeTank wrote: »

Is this like a "no money from my main" challenge or something? If you can get BoA's, couldn't you just get some money?

My main server is full of alliance characters, and then I rolled a horde shaman last night. I can't send money cross faction, just the heirlooms.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I couldn't imagine playing on a PvP server with my server already nearing the 3.5:1 Alliance/Horde ratio at peak times.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited July 2010

My main server is full of alliance characters, and then I rolled a horde shaman last night. I can't send money cross faction, just the heirlooms.

Have any friends horde side you trust? Have them put a gray item up in the Gadgetzan AH and have your main buy it and give you the money. Or do it yourself if you have two accounts (or an SO with an account).

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I'll put it this way: she's rural British.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I'm not really sure what that means, as I'm from 'Merika, and the only thing we know about Britain for the most part is that we totally kicked their ass 250 years ago, lead by George Washington, driving a Dodge Charger. American engineering.

That said, sounds like you guys need to find a more laid back guild. (A conclusion I am sure you have already come to).

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

"Let's be 'avin you!" or "Gorra geh meh batho this afto"?

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Have any friends horde side you trust? Have them put a gray item up in the Gadgetzan AH and have your main buy it and give you the money. Or do it yourself if you have two accounts (or an SO with an account).

I suppose I can do that. But that method loses some of the appeal of getting rich before lv30. I don't know, I like earning my money. It makes me feel all warm and happy inside.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I suppose I can do that. But that method loses some of the appeal of getting rich before lv30. I don't know, I like earning my money. It makes me feel all warm and happy inside.

I like earning my money too...on my level 80, where I earn it at several hundred gold an hour :D

But hey, after years of playing WoW, I'm certainly not going to begrudge you taking on a challenge just to spice things up.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I'm not really sure what that means, as I'm from 'Merika, and the only thing we know about Britain for the most part is that we totally kicked their ass 250 years ago, lead by George Washington, driving a Dodge Charger. American engineering.

That said, sounds like you guys need to find a more laid back guild. (A conclusion I am sure you have already come to).

She doesn't pull any punches when she has an opinion on something is what I mean.

The guild was pretty laid back, it's just the current people in leadership are a couple of stuffy prudes, and their fuckup (like, real-life fuckup) relative was the leader for a long long time, which caused a lot of problems when anyone would rag on him a little. Like, he was a tank. A DK tank. He used the keyboard for moving and turning and that was it. Clicked everything else. Every time he said something in vent you could hear him maniacally clicking the mouse. We nicknamed him "Big Clicks." That got on his mother's (or aunt, I can't remember) nerves, and now that she's in charge, time for a language policy!

The lesson is more along the lines of "avoid joining a guild where most of the key leadership roles are filled by immediate family members and their close relatives."

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I like earning my money too...on my level 80, where I earn it at several hundred gold an hour :D

But hey, after years of playing WoW, I'm certainly not going to begrudge you taking on a challenge just to spice things up.

That's basically what I do. For my AT dailies I forced myself to fight each valiant and champion without healing myself. Sure, I made a little bit harder on myself, but I was awesome at jousting.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

1 - Run Stocks a dozen or so times with one of your ally's then have a friend list the wool cloth on the neutral ah for like 1 copper and buy it as he lists it*.

2 - Sell hoarde side (who has no good easy access to wool cloth) for Texa$

3 - Bathe in scrooge McDuck size pools of gold.

*This of course means you need access to the neutral AH, which isn't that bad for hoardies.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • Options
    edited July 2010

She doesn't pull any punches when she has an opinion on something is what I mean.

The guild was pretty laid back, it's just the current people in leadership are a couple of stuffy prudes, and their fuckup (like, real-life fuckup) relative was the leader for a long long time, which caused a lot of problems when anyone would rag on him a little. Like, he was a tank. A DK tank. He used the keyboard for moving and turning and that was it. Clicked everything else. Every time he said something in vent you could hear him maniacally clicking the mouse. We nicknamed him "Big Clicks." That got on his mother's (or aunt, I can't remember) nerves, and now that she's in charge, time for a language policy!

That happened to a guild I used to be in. Some leadership took over that was super serious and wanted to run this tight ship with language policies and keeping everything PG. That's fine, if you want to start a guild with those qualities and recruit people of a like mind. It's not so okay if you take an existing guild and mold it to your moral outlook.

Sorry to hear you guys are looking for a guild now though, I know how that can suck.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

You forgot about the rogue black ops team made of genetically-engineered cyber-dinosaurs that came back from the future to assassinate Carlos the Jackal and the gigantic Chinese warship built from alien technology that we uploaded a virus to only to discover that this part of the war was a VR simulation run by Blackwater in order to test the effects of placing an experimental drug into the water supply and thereby gain complete control over the President's internet.

It was all in chapters one through nine of my history book. One hell of a finals week.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Gnutson wrote: »

1 - Run Stocks a dozen or so times with one of your ally's then have a friend list the wool cloth on the neutral ah for like 1 copper and buy it as he lists it*.

*This of course means you need access to the neutral AH, which isn't that bad for hoardies.

So that's why wool is 22g a stack Horde side. Now I am going to go farm stacks of Wool on my DK. Not so much to sell, but to level through the wool part of First Aid.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I keep meaning to park my pally in Stormwind and do this a few times a week, but I get too lazy or caught up in other projects.

Gnutson on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Gnutson wrote: »

*This of course means you need access to the neutral AH, and a cohort who is lightning fast to buy up those auctions before the other guys who either bot or sit there for hours refreshing the AH screen every 5 seconds for hours on end, which isn't that bad for hoardies.

fix't

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    That happened to a guild I used to be in. Some leadership took over that was super serious and wanted to run this tight ship with language policies and keeping everything PG. That's fine, if you want to start a guild with those qualities and recruit people of a like mind. It's not so okay if you take an existing guild and mold it to your moral outlook.

Sorry to hear you guys are looking for a guild now though, I know how that can suck.

Well we're only looking for a guild if we come back to the game. My gf quit a while back to take a break, and I mainly shifted over to a raiding guild on my Priest (which has since collapsed, as I mentioned not long ago). I was on the verge of canceling anyway, but when I heard my old guild was trying to reform and raid again (and they were taking anyone they could find), I got interested and so did my gf. Then I found out she'd been removed from the guild she's been a part of for years, and then... yeah.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    These are all good ideas to generate money, no doubt about it. But I don't have a problem generating money on this alt. Now that my first batch of herbs sold I have bigger bags. Now that I have bigger bags I can hold more product. Now that I can hold more product I can make even more money.

The cash will soon flow so fast I don't know what to do with it.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Herp derp double post.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    And an awesome totp.

Gnutson on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Sometimes greatness just happens.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I downloaded Elitist Group fairly recently, it's done nothing but make me sad. I can't see GS anymore - what I'll see is a DK doing 2k dps, /eg him and see "average ilvl 245, 30% enchants, 10% gems." And then I die a little inside.

What do the %s mean?

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yeah my Warrior is Alliance, and on a different server than my main. Even though she's currently using the majority of the ore she mines for leveling blacksmithing (dammit, some of those patterns are useful to a growing mail/plate wearer), I've managed to build up a nestegg for her of around 600g so far, with full set of netherweave bags and she's only 38.

My rules while leveling her has been:

Is it a green? It goes on the AH
    Is it a green that is something I crafted and there's a million of on the AH? Wait and put it on the AH later
    Is it something that could be used by another crafter? It goes on the AH.
    Do I buy off the AH? I wait to see if it shows up for a lot cheaper and then consider it. Usually rejected.

And so on.

I'm actually half tempted to go back and see if I can farm another bandit's mask >.>

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    I downloaded Elitist Group fairly recently, it's done nothing but make me sad. I can't see GS anymore - what I'll see is a DK doing 2k dps, /eg him and see "average ilvl 245, 30% enchants, 10% gems." And then I die a little inside.

What do the %s mean?
    I'm assuming that's the DK's genetic make-up. 30% enchants, 10% gems, 60% cat penis.

You can choose not to display the percentage of cat penis. It's probably off my default.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    FFFFFF- Westfall! Give me your livers you stupid boars!

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Rizzi wrote: »

Murlocs, despite having 2 eyes, will never drop them. :^:

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

What do the %s mean?
    I'm assuming that's the DK's genetic make-up. 30% enchants, 10% gems, 60% cat penis.

You can choose not to display the percentage of cat penis. It's probably off my default.

30% of his gear is enchanted or 30% of is "power" (however it's measured) comes fom enchants?

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I got that quest done pretty quickly. Bloody boars on the other hand.. At least it's good for skinning.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I think it means he has 30% of the enchants he could have, and 10% of his gem slots flilled.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

What do the %s mean?

30% of his gear is enchanted or 30% of is "power" (however it's measured) comes fom enchants?

I assume that means that even though he has pretty respectable ilvls of gear, only 30% of the enchantable pieces are enchanted and only 10% of the gemmable pieces are gemmed.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010

What do the %s mean?

30% of his, uhhh... I don't know what it means. :(

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    AsumaAsuma Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Rizzi wrote: »

Back in Vanilla I gained an entire level trying to complete that. Killed boars for while, set it aside in frustration, came back a day later, spent another hour.

Our guild now refers to any stupidly low drop rate mission as a liver quest. "Hey Bob, you're still in Westfall?" 'Yep, grinding livers.'

Asuma on
    "Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right, you meet the same idiots coming around from the left." -- Clint Eastwood ***
This discussion has been closed.