As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Apocalypse World IRC] The fleeing and collapse of Sodom begins

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    ah dammit...

I totally slipped the IRC tag... I cant play. :(
    my office workload is too demanding. >.<

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    ah dammit...

I totally slipped the IRC tag... I cant play. :(
    my office workload is too demanding. >.<

The one "moral" man left in the wasteland..

Egos on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Jezebel, the Caligula of Sodom

woman, casual wear (loose pants, tank-top, boots, gloves), stern face, cool eyes, soft body

"If we're ever going to make shit better, someone has to make the hard choices. That's me."

Cool +1, Hard +2, Hot +1, Sharp +1, Weird -2

Moves:
    Basic (all of 'em)
    Leadership: When Jezebel's gang fights for her, roll+hard. On a 10+, hold 3. 7-9, hold 1. Spends holds 1 for 1 to make her gang:
    - make a hard advance
    - stand strong against a hard advance
    - make an organized retreat
    - show mercy to their defeated enemies
    - fight and die to the last.
    On a miss, her gang turns on her.

Wealth: If Jezebel's hold is secure and her rule unchallenged, at the beginning of the session, roll+hard. On 10+, she has surplus at hand and available. On 7-9, she had surplus, but also 1 want. On a miss, or if her hold is compromised or rule contested, her hold is in want.

My Other Car Is A Mobile Intensive Care Unit
    The MICU
    power+2, looks+1, 3-armor, weakness+2
    ambulance chassis
    capacious, huge, mounted machine guns (3-harm close/far area messy)
    powerful
    loud, guzzler

Sodom (+3barter):
    300 decadent, perverse people
    a gang of 60 fucking hyenas
    a makeshift compound of concrete, sheet metal, and rebar
    an armory of scavenged and makeshift weapons

Gigs:
    hunting, crude farming, scavenging
    lucrative raiding
    a bustling market

Wants: hungry, +reprisals, +idle, +disease, savagery (population and gang)

Gear:
    assault rifle (3-harm close loud autofire)
    a shotgun (3-harm close messy)
    fashion (1-armor)

Jezebel wears simple, earthy clothes: heavy work boots, loose-fitted but rugged pants, usually a tank top or similar shirt, and often a pair of leather gloves. She has a longcoat marked with a sheriff's star on one shoulder, but she usually eschews this in Sodom unless she's making an appearance as the Caligula in an official capacity.

Hx
    Valentine +1
    Morrison +1
    August +3

Ticks (4)
    Advancements (1)

Harm (1)

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Haha, alright, lemme get this straight, you've chosen the options:
    • +your population is large, 200-300 souls. Surplus: +1barter, want: +disease.
    • +your gang is large instead of medium, 60 violent people or so.
    • +for gigs, add lucrative raiding. Surplus: +1barter, want: +reprisals.
    • +for gigs, add a bustling, widely-known market commons. Surplus: +1barter, want: +idle.
    • -your gang is a pack of fucking hyenas. Want: savagery.
    • -your population is decadent and perverse. Surplus: -1barter, want: savagery.

So that'd make your final listings...

Holding: (surplus: 3-barter, want: hungry, disease, reprisals, idle, savagery [gang], savagery [populace])
    Gang: (3-harm gang large unruly 1-armor)

Awesome, I love it!

So let's talk about gear: you want a gun and some other cool shit? I can deal with that! But I don't want to limit you in a lot of ways, so here's what I'm going to do, it's like a custom move except I'm doing it before the game even begins:

Weapon of choice: You get 3-hold. Spend 1-hold to gain an item from the following list:
    • big knife (2-harm hand)
    • baseball bat (2-harm hand messy)
    • machete (3-harm hand messy)
    • many knives (2-harm hand infinite)
    • stun gun (s-harm hand reload)
    • .38 revolver (2-harm close reload loud)
    • 9mm (2-harm close loud)
    • hunting rifle (2-harm far loud)
    • sleeve pistol (2-harm close reload loud)
    • antique handgun (2-harm close reload loud valuable)
    • hidden knives (2-harm hand infinite)
    • ornate dagger (2-harm hand valuable)
    • ornate sword (3-harm hand valuable)
    • fashion worth 1-armor
    • armor worth 1-armor
    Spend 2-hold to gain an item from this list:
    • grenades (4-harm hand area reload messy)
    • magnum (3-harm close reload loud)
    • sawed-off (3-harm close reload messy)
    • shotgun (3-harm close messy)
    • smg (2-harm close autofire loud)
    • silenced 9mm (2-harm close hi-tech)
    • armor worth 2-armor

Let me know what you think! Just remember to describe your armour, if you choose any.

Oh, and before I forget, it's looking like Tuesdays would be the best day to play - is everyone cool with a 7 or 8pm EST start? Let me know so I can start thinking things! Obviously we won't be starting this week, but it's good to know if people can be make it a regular free night.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    7 or 8 on Tuesday is pretty much as close to perfect as it gets for me
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Haha, alright, lemme get this straight, you've chosen the options:
    • +your population is large, 200-300 souls. Surplus: +1barter, want: +disease.
    • +your gang is large instead of medium, 60 violent people or so.
    • +for gigs, add lucrative raiding. Surplus: +1barter, want: +reprisals.
    • +for gigs, add a bustling, widely-known market commons. Surplus: +1barter, want: +idle.
    • -your gang is a pack of fucking hyenas. Want: savagery.
    • -your population is decadent and perverse. Surplus: -1barter, want: savagery.

So that'd make your final listings...

Holding: (surplus: 3-barter, want: hungry, disease, reprisals, idle, savagery [gang], savagery [populace])
    Gang: (3-harm gang large unruly 1-armor)

Awesome, I love it!

This is exactly accurate, sorry, I tried to clean it up a little to save space while keeping all the tallies/modifiers accurate!

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    JacquesCousteauJacquesCousteau Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hey Arc. I only looked at character concepts that were already completed so I didn't notice your dibsing. If you still have your brainer around feel free to post it and I will switch it up. Until then, however, I will update Morrison's appearance.

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    simonwolf wrote: »
    So let's talk about gear: you want a gun and some other cool shit? I can deal with that! But I don't want to limit you in a lot of ways, so here's what I'm going to do, it's like a custom move except I'm doing it before the game even begins:

Weapon of choice: You get 3-hold. Spend 1-hold to gain an item from the following list:
    • big knife (2-harm hand)
    • baseball bat (2-harm hand messy)
    • machete (3-harm hand messy)
    • many knives (2-harm hand infinite)
    • stun gun (s-harm hand reload)
    • .38 revolver (2-harm close reload loud)
    • 9mm (2-harm close loud)
    • hunting rifle (2-harm far loud)
    • sleeve pistol (2-harm close reload loud)
    • antique handgun (2-harm close reload loud valuable)
    • hidden knives (2-harm hand infinite)
    • ornate dagger (2-harm hand valuable)
    • ornate sword (3-harm hand valuable)
    • fashion worth 1-armor
    • armor worth 1-armor
    Spend 2-hold to gain an item from this list:
    • grenades (4-harm hand area reload messy)
    • magnum (3-harm close reload loud)
    • sawed-off (3-harm close reload messy)
    • shotgun (3-harm close messy)
    • smg (2-harm close autofire loud)
    • silenced 9mm (2-harm close hi-tech)
    • armor worth 2-armor

Let me know what you think! Just remember to describe your armour, if you choose any.

Oh, and before I forget, it's looking like Tuesdays would be the best day to play - is everyone cool with a 7 or 8pm EST start? Let me know so I can start thinking things! Obviously we won't be starting this week, but it's good to know if people can be make it a regular free night.

So I could go and spend 2-hold on a shotgun, and 1-hold on 1-armor fashion. Is it possible to get like a gasmask, can that be part of her fashion/gear (i imagine in her holding she wouldn't use it, but outside in the world at large, it might be necessary!)

And her fashion:

Jezebel wears simple, earthy clothes: heavy work boots, loose-fitted but rugged pants, usually a tank top or similar shirt, and often a pair of leather gloves. She has a longcoat marked with a sheriff's star on one shoulder, but she usually eschews this in Sodom unless she's making an appearance as the Caligula in an official capacity.

Her gang wears similar longcoats, and they are signs of authority in Sodom.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Shotgun and fashion armour, gotcha.

I'm assuming everyone has ready access to a gas mask when we begin the game, unless something happens to narratively mean that they no longer have one! Or if they say at the start "fuck yo gas masks, bitchez", which I would support 100%.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I would wear a gasmask even if it wasn't necessary

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    256px-Borderlandscover.jpg

Oooh. But seriously, my initial plan was to be a homeless-looking driver who dressed in a suit and drove around a limousine.

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    also a fantastic idea

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    on that note

is my character concept not wacky enough

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    "Wacky" concepts are just as acceptable as non-wacky ones, let me assure you - one of the guiding principles in this game is to make Apocalypse World seem real, and on that level, it'd be my goal to make sure any wackiness stayed fundamentally rooted in realism we're trying to build of a world that has, well, completely collapsed into dystopic anarchy.

However, one of the "big concepts" in the game is the idea that there's no more cultural references left. So, for example, people would name a baby Mother Superior in this world - not because they have any idea about what a Mother Superior is, because they don't, but because it sounds like a cool name for a baby!

This is an example my old MC came up with and I love it so much I'm going to include it in every game I play:

After the apocalypse, there was no more time for fun and games, organised sport, that kind of luxe shit people can do when they don't need to worry about getting enough to eat. But all the equipment is still lying around, like baseball bats. People know from the words written on them, it's a baseball bat, but what the shit is a baseball? Aren't bats good for, you know, hitting stuff? So "baseball" became a verb, meaning to beat the shit out someone or something.

i.e. "Orochi messed up Joe's Girl, come on, we're going to his house and baseball him!"

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Awesome. I cringe at what they'd use the glove for.

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    simon , tell them the story about the comatose girl...
    or don't
    :mrgreen:

Egos on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    shhhhh not in public Egos

So yes, that's the way the game works, it is Fun Times. If you have any questions about the setting/system, just ask in here or on the IRC channel, #awooc on SlashNet. I'll be heading into uni, but I'll be back online to deal with you awful people in an hour or two.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Okay, so: I realised that there are a lot of terms thrown around, especially in the items, that nobody understands!

Those things beside your weapons and other items are called tags. Tags have mechanical and narrative effects and constraints, which I'll go through now - the ones we've seen so far, at least!
    • n-armor (1-armor, 2-armor etc.) (mechanical): reduces incoming harm by n-much.
    • n-harm (1-harm, 2-harm etc.) (mechanical): inflicts n-much harm.
    • +nharm (+1harm, +2harm) (mechanical): adds n to the harm it inflicts.
    • +bonus (+1hot forward, +1sharp when eyesight matters, +1 to going aggro etc.) (mechanical): adds to a particular stat or a particular move’s roll, under the specified conditions.
    • Alive (cue): it’s a living creature.
    • AP (mechanical): it ignores its target’s armor, inflicting its full
    • harm.
    • Applied (constraint): it takes intimacy and uninterrupted time for the character to use it. You’d better have a willing subject, or restrained. Contrast tag.
    • Area (mechanical, constraint): its target or subject is an area, not a person; it fully affects everyone and everything there. An area weapon used against a larger gang inflicts its full harm, provided that the gang’s crowded into the area it affects.
    • Autofire (mechanical, cue, constraint): at the character’s option, the weapon makes an area attack, but must imediately reload.
    • Close (constraint, a range): she can bring it to bear only when she’s pretty close to her target or subject. If they could call to one another and have a shouted conversation, they’re close enough.
    • Close/far (constraint, a range): she can bring it to bear at both close and far range.
    • Far (constraint, a range): she can bring it to bear only when she’s pretty far from her target or subject. If she can see the whites of his eyes, they’re too close together.
    • Hand (constraint, a range): she can bring it to bear only when she’s within arm’s reach of her target or subject.
    • Hi-tech (constraint, cue): it’s high tech, not the kind of simple machine that can be easily manufactured in these crude times. It’s also worth more than 1-barter, probably, but that’s incidental.
    • Implanted (constraint): it’s permanently implanted in its user’s skin, body, or brain. Contrast worn.
    • Infinite (constraint): throw one away, the character has another one, and another, and another; she has as many as she needs.
    • Intimate (constraint, a range): she can bring it to bear only when she’s very close to her target or subject, close enough to hold, kiss or grapple him. Arm’s reach isn’t close enough.
    • Loud (cue): everyone nearby hears it, and can potentially identify what made the noise. It wakes up sleeping people, startles people who aren’t expecting it, makes small children cry, and is generally distinctive and unignorable.
    • Messy (cue): it’s loud. Furthermore, it might hit every person in its area but might miss any given person in its area; and it leaves a mess behind — cosmetic property damage, blood and gore, barf or shit or other bodily produce, or some other kind of mess as appropriate.
    • Refill (mechanical): using it uses it up. The character can’t use it again unless she has a refill.
    • Reload (constraint): using it means the character has to take specific action to reload or reset it before she can use it again.
    • S-harm (cue): it disables its target without causing any harm. Use it on a PC, and doing anything at all means doing it under fire; the fire is “you’re stunned.”
    • Tag (constraint): the character has to touch her target to use it, but only an instant of time, and there’s no need for the subject or target to cooperate. Contrast applied.

There's also these tags that apply to the Hardholder's gang:
    • Sizes (mechanical): when different-sized gangs fight, the smaller inflicts less harm than usual upon the bigger, but the bigger inflicts more harm than usual upon the smaller. Each step’s difference is worth +1harm and -1harm. The sizes, in order, are: a guy or two, a small gang, a medium gang, a large gang
    • Unruly (cue): the gang has internal factions that dislike one another and some of its members are ambitious beyond their loyalty.

I guess this is also a good time to talk about harm!

PCs have a little clock on their sheet, it goes from 0 -> 3 -> 6 -> 9 -> 10 -> 11 -> 12. Each time you suffer harm, from either an NPC, the world, or even another PC, you knock that clock up by a segment for each harm you suffer. So if someone shot you for 2-harm, and you were on 0 o'clock, you're on 6 o'clock harm. When you hit 12 o'clock, you're dead, but can still be revived. If you've gone past 12 o'clock? You're dead, permanently.

You've also got armour, which as you'll see above, deducts 1-harm for every 1-armour you have. So if someone tried to shoot Orochi, who has 2-armour, with a shotgun, he'd take 3-harm, minus 2-harm, for a total of 1-harm. Not too shabby!

You might be thinking, though, that this means everyone in Apocalypse World is really hard to kill - not so! The harm NPCs suffer is a hell of a lot worse than what a PC can take. For example, if an NPC takes 3-harm, there's a 50-50 shot that they're dead. You guys are special and set apart from everyone else, even your own crew and gang. They're just as vulnerable as any other NPC in the game, so if you like them, you might want to keep them safe.

When you're about to take harm that pushes you past 9 o'clock, you've got a special option available: taking a debility. When you take a debility, your harm immediately goes to 9 o'clock stops there, even if you were going to take harm that pushed you beyond 12 o'clock! However, they have their own individual cost:
    • Shattered: -1cool
    • Crippled: -1hard
    • Disfigured: -1hot
    • Broken: -1sharp
    If you take a debility, you lose that point in the stat, and deal with it. Really, I'd only expect you to take this option if you were going to take harm beyond 12 o'clock, and would rather have a character that's permanently fucked that one which is, you know, dead.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I hope to become the most disfigured, seductive man in the Apocalypse.

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    "hey baby, you must be cheatin' at scrabble, because you've stolen my eye"

"oh god oh god"

"also my nose and, um, most of my teeth"

"horgleblorf"

"so how about dinner"

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I hope to become the most disfigured, seductive man in the Apocalypse.

so its a man

Egos on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    My old pastor used to alternate between man and woman when he talked about god. I see little choice outside of calling myself it.

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    In the only game I've played in where we had an ambiguously gendered Skinner, they insisted on making that the policy over what gender to call them - unless their pet cat was around, in which case they had to be referred to as a female, because otherwise shit would get far too confusing.

Still waiting on Void Slayer, JacquesCosteau and Egos to tell me if they're okay with a 7/8pm EST start on Tuesdays for this game, otherwise I have no idea who I can start considering to be playing in the campaign.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    8pm est would work out

Egos on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    8 PM would work best for me, too.

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Valentine, the BattleBabe

man, showy armor, striking face, arresting eyes, and angular body

Cool +3 , Hard -2, Hot+1, Sharp +1, Weird +1

OUTLOOK

“You have to believe you are part of a plan to keep yourself going in this wasteland.”

MOVES

Ice Cold: when you go aggro on an NPC, roll+cool instead of roll+hard. When you go aggro on another player’s character, roll+Hx instead of roll+hard.

Visions of Death: when you go into battle, roll+weird. On a 10+, name one person who’ll die and one who’ll live. On a 7–9, name one person who’ll die OR one person who’ll live. Don’t name a player’s character; name NPCs only. The MC will make your vision come true, if it’s even remotely possible. On a miss, you foresee your own death, and accordingly take -1 throughout the battle.

GEAR
    • Modified Mk-7 with Silencer( Base:Handgun, Options: Silenced, Hi-Powered) ( 3 -harm close reload) : Pressure modification allowed for greater power but less cartridge capacity. Only one round per cartridge, bolt on back is required to be pulled back upon each reload.
    • "Gustav" ( Base: Heft, Options: Heavy Blade) ( +3 harm hand) : Heavy Medium-Sized Blade
    • armor worth 2-armor

An assortment of black kevlar ,leather, metal and collected assortments. A crimson torn banner is strapped to his left shoulder, a kevlar vest adorns his torso with leather straps protecting his neck. Oxidized metal shoulder pads protect each of each of shoulders, they are strapped on tightly with bucklers; his knees and elbows receive similar protection but with less rigid (likely kevlar) material. Each of his arms are adorned from the bicep down in leather straps in a way that almost resemble a arm-tefillin, but the straps are not uniform and placement chaotic. Not to mention he is wearing gloves. His belt contains a number of empty bullet shells ranging in size , seemingly trophies, as well as a holster for his blade. He wears raw umber cargo pants with ankle high combat boots.

Appearance
    Valentine is an attractive man with rustled brown hair and matching brown eyes . He stands around 6'2 and he has a somewhat worn demeanor but there is a devilish spark in his eyes that gives him some life.

HX

Done Later

Egos on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    well that certainly is a battlebabe with all the, uh, requirements of showy armour

Also thank you for reasoning out that gun of yours, I have always been a big fan of tiny detail like that to inventory! As a side note, you don't need to specify "-loud", in all honesty that'll just confuse me more. If you want to just say it's (3-harm close reload), that'd be easiest.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I like the Battlebabe move that gives you 2-armour while mostly naked.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Battlebabes are hot and cool at the same time!

Kay I wish I could run a game that worked for you, but GMT, AEST, and EST do not mix well together, even though they can pair up and work fine!

also, to answer your question that you relayed to Egos: Drivers can definitely drive planes, helicopters, boats, whatever! They just don't start with any of those, unless the MC has created a setting which relies on those modes of transport. If something happened in play to give them access to one of those, then hell yes they can drive/fly that fucker, because that's hot.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Again, I was thinking Nausicaa stylin'. I honestly couldn't peg which AT to slot her into, she's got a bit of Angel, Battlebabe and Driver in there, certainly.

Still think that a Brainer in the mould of Riviera (Neuromancer) would be pretty hot if it could work out, though the nature of his abilities are a little at-odds with the background in AW.

Did Egos mention my hermaphrodite Battlebabe mutant animal person idea? I was doing some Research on the Internet about them.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I think if you tried to make Nausicaa into a character, she'd be a Battlebabe who took improvement with the Driver move 'No shit driver', certainly. Probably need a Savvyhead on hand to make her skyboard as well, but still, it'd work out! It'd be 100% hot.

I do not think Egos mentioned that because he knew I had work to do today, otherwise I would have been doing nothing but researching that concept as well.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Okay, so!

The first game will be on Tuesday the 26th of October at 8pm EST. The four people who have confirmed that they can play - INNS, Egos, Jacques, Arcanis - you're all assumed to be in, unless you decide otherwise at a later point, just let me know!

Also, did you guys want to do a little world-building before we start? Specifically, I mean doing Hx between you all, maybe finding out a little more from there.

If so, we'll start with Valentine! Valentine, tell us your Hx choices, and everyone else? Make whatever choice you want to make about your relationship with Valentine, according to the section of your playbook detailing your Hx with others.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Cool. I just watched the first episode of The Colony and I am pretty pumped.

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    That show does not represent the apocalypse at all

where is the fungal desert

where is the unending terror of the psychic maelstrom

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Valentine’s presence in Sodom is hardly a secret. He is often seen wandering the streets like a restless dog. Traveling from establishment to establishment in search of decent conversation or mild diversion. He is surprisingly courteous especially considering the type of weaponry he carries around with him. There really is no question as to what line of work he is in and he doesn’t seem to have a problem with you asking.

You each get Hx +1 with Valentine.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Valentine certainly is familiar around town, familiar enough that a certain someone might know where he likes to rest his head. Where the room key is kept. Which side of the bed he likes to sleep on. How the rustled brown hair looks when swept off his forehead by a gentle hand. The last time he faced his own death. (I write Hx+3 next to Valentine)

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Scratch this plan!

We'll do all our Hx stuff on the actual game day. I figured this would be faster, but then someone let me know that probably not a lot is going to be said over the weekend, so: I will save this for later, when we can do it all at once.

In the meantime, I'll think of some horrible apocalyptica!

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    sup in this thread?

i see simon's sparrow got flashy as fuck

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Whoa hey

someone posted in this thread

Game is scheduled to run in ~3 hours, hopin' to see everyone there for the first session

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    that was pretty good times

pretty good times

Jezebel is the most badass Caligula around

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Okay guys, we had an excellent first session, I'm really happy with what we got done!

I have a few questions I want to ask for world-building, though, before we do the next session (which I still need to figure out a time for), so here they are - personally customised for each character, even! I'm also in the process of drawing a map of the area surrounding Sodom, so be ready for some questions regarding that.

Valens:
    • You're stuck in a pretty situation right now, Valens, aren't you? Guns across the ground floor aiming at you, woman with a shotgun behind you, and your girlfriend is running away with a gut full of buckshot. Let's take a moment to reflect.
    • You said you wandered into town a while ago, huh? Must've visited some places in your time, I'll bet, and I know for sure that you visited Project at one point. What's that place like, why is it an easy target for the gang? Do you know anyone who lives there still?
    • I'd also imagine you're the person most likely to have been near, or in, the Great Fungal Desert. Did you ever see anything or anyone living out there? I know you didn't see anything in great detail, not with that gas mask on your face, but a brief description would be killer. Just the first thing that comes to your head.

Morrison:
    • So you haven't got a lot of friends in Sodom, so far! I mean, you had someone beat your face in and nearly shoot you in the morning, and a girl smash you with a baseball bat in the evening. But you have to have someone who doesn't hate your guts, right, and her name is Pierre. Tall girl, missing an eye and she won't say from what. How do you know her, what makes you friends?
    • You've also got a shitload of barter on you, huh! I'd really love it if you told me what you do for your money. Do you have to travel out of Sodom, or are there people in town who hire your services?
    Jezebel:
    • We've met two of your lieutenants so far, Rotface and Barker! Tell me the names of the others, I'd guess you only have a handful. Also, any members of the gang who particularly stand out to you - not a lot, maybe three or four. If you've got a personal bodyguard, totally tell me about them!
    • We know you get your water from Mobile, and the gang had apparently planned a raid on Project without your knowledge - are there any other places you get supplies from, like food or petrol or weapons? Name a place or two, tell me what they sell. Hell, tell me someone you know there, maybe not the boss.

August:
    • Jeeze, girl, you've been shit out of luck today. I won't get into the details, we know them too well, but I'd love to know a little something about you. Where'd you learn to perform? I know it was Isle who taught you, that lithe guy from Back East, but when did you get so good at it? Give me a brief description of your art, too, do you need a guitar, or is that just gravy for your beautiful voice?
    • Hey, while we're at it, I'd love to know about your tattoos, too. Who gave you those, huh? Just a name will do, maybe what the designs are supposed to mean.

Logs and such will be comin' up sooooon.

simonwolf on