As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

COD BLOPS: Emblem collage in OP, post your emblem for the next one!

• Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    gjaustin wrote: »
    Jaunty wrote: »
    Commando/SOH is my favourite thing ever. I throw the masterkey under it as a fuck-you to people who try to stun around corners and go in for the knife.

I wouldn't recommend using the Masterkey on the Commando.

For whatever reason, it has a much, much larger spread than the Masterkey on any other weapon.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, since the larger spread can help with latency and it winds up being the exact same as the Steakhouse, instead of more accurate.

The Masterkey does less damage per pellet, has a shorter range, and a slightly higher ROF.

Most importantly, you need 4 pellets to kill (instead of 3), so the accuracy is fairly important. I found when using it on the Commando that I would frequently hit at short range but not kill, while that isn't a problem when I've used it on anything else.

gjaustin on
  • Options
    mFiendmFiend l33t quarkscooper America's HatRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The PSG is only not complete garbage if it has no attachments on it, but even then, it's worse than an AR. It's more fun on a map like Array, but it's still outclassed.
    I <3 sniper rifles in this game, so fun

I've been having a lot of fun with the L96 and Variable Scope so far. I was really disappointed in the hitmarkers I was getting with the PSG1 so I abandoned it right away. After too much time with the Intervention in MW2 I told myself I was going to go semi-auto in Blops, but it just hasn't been satisfactory.

mFiend on
    PS4: mFiend
  • Options
    ColdrazorColdrazor Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I was using colt with ext mags, so its 14 rounds vs 6.
    Makarov extended mags *drool*

Also hello all

Coldrazor on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Commando/SOH is my favourite thing ever. I throw the masterkey under it as a fuck-you to people who try to stun around corners and go in for the knife.

For whatever reason, it has a much, much larger spread than the Masterkey on any other weapon.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, since the larger spread can help with latency and it winds up being the exact same as the Steakhouse, instead of more accurate.

The Masterkey does less damage per pellet, has a shorter range, and a slightly higher ROF.

Most importantly, you need 4 pellets to kill (instead of 3), so the accuracy is fairly important. I found when using it on the Commando that I would frequently hit at short range but not kill, while that isn't a problem when I've used it on anything else.

Nope. The Masterkey and the Stakehouse both do 30-10 pellet damage and each have eight pellets. They are effectively the same thing, except for the Steakhouse's slight advantage for range. The Masterkey has a tighter spread.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I like the Makarov. I can destroy some fools with it, but for some reason I keep going back to the CZ75. Though I got my "get 5 kills with the 1911" done in like 2min last night.

The python? The python can die in a fire.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Nope. The Masterkey and the Stakehouse both do 30-10 pellet damage and each have eight pellets. They are effectively the same thing, except for the Steakhouse's slight advantage for range. The Masterkey has a tighter spread.

If that's the case, then http://denkirson.xanga.com/735016527/black-ops/ is wrong.

gjaustin on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

If that's the case, then http://denkirson.xanga.com/735016527/black-ops/ is wrong.

Might be. It's whatever.

The Masterkey is actually better than the Steakhouse. You even get a free Assault Rifle attached to it!

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    That we can agree on :)

gjaustin on
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I somehow got converted to the Church of SPAS over the last couple weeks. I found myself doing shittier and shittier no matter what guns I was using, so finally I decided I would make a new class using a bunch of stuff I'd normally NEVER use like Shotguns, Final Stand (or whatever it's called), and the RPG.

And now i can't stop! The SPAS absolutely destroys people! Oh what's that? is someone outside my shotgun range? Well that's what the RPG-7 and Tomahawk are for! (I could never give up the Tomahawk; that's the one thing I will always have on every single class)

PKAOW SWOOSH BKOOOOOOOO-BOOM

hatedinamerica on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    hmmm

finally got some expendable money, considering buying this

not 100% sure yet

Al_wat on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    sPider817 wrote: »
    Re: MAC11
    The thing kills stupid fast, but what in the hell is the contingency plan for coming across a second person? I'm not use to being unable to take down 3+ people with a single mag, so I'm clueless as to how I should change up my playstyle to compensate.

The correct answer to this is: steady aim + hip fire + Extended Mag.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Welp, I've finally set up my killstreaks into something I can get reliably, and not have to wait for a package to drop. I'm tired of people stealing my packages, and having my air support get shot down, and so I've gone over to using spy-planes, napalm, and mortars.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I cannot aim mortars for the life of me. Even in Domination, calling them on points under contention, I rarely get kills, partly because it takes so long after calling it in.

Ganluan on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I tried the M60 contract the other day having never used it before. I came nowhere even close to getting the contract fulfilled, but had my team in tears from laughter. Using Scav, Ext.Mags, and Grip I proceeded to:

Lay on B flag in Jungle and shoot 200 rounds non-stop into the main A flag exit.

My teammates covered me when I had to reload. Suffice it to say, they didn't get anywhere near B flag directly and were forced to take the long way around to chuck grenades at me from various angles. When I started doing something similar on Villa, some people just dropped out.

Fuck accuracy! :D

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ok. The MAC-11 is now my favorite SMG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2kPKUzvfl8

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    AnalrapistAnalrapist Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    sPider817 wrote: »
    Re: MAC11
    The thing kills stupid fast, but what in the hell is the contingency plan for coming across a second person? I'm not use to being unable to take down 3+ people with a single mag, so I'm clueless as to how I should change up my playstyle to compensate.

The correct answer to this is: steady aim + hip fire + Extended Mag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Iw7qAbx6o

Silencer + extendo mag.

Analrapist on
    CheeseSticks15.png
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ganluan wrote: »
    I cannot aim mortars for the life of me. Even in Domination, calling them on points under contention, I rarely get kills, partly because it takes so long after calling it in.

Just drop it on their spawns.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Ganluan wrote: »

Just drop it on their spawns.

Alternatively, run C-Spy Plane.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I tried the M60 contract the other day having never used it before. I came nowhere even close to getting the contract fulfilled, but had my team in tears from laughter. Using Scav, Ext.Mags, and Grip I proceeded to:

Lay on B flag in Jungle and shoot 200 rounds non-stop into the main A flag exit.

My teammates covered me when I had to reload. Suffice it to say, they didn't get anywhere near B flag directly and were forced to take the long way around to chuck grenades at me from various angles. When I started doing something similar on Villa, some people just dropped out.

That's basically how I use my M60.

Except every so often I stop firing momentarily to make them think I'm reloading.

gjaustin on
  • Options
    TheAngryDealerTheAngryDealer Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Welp, I've finally set up my killstreaks into something I can get reliably, and not have to wait for a package to drop. I'm tired of people stealing my packages, and having my air support get shot down, and so I've gone over to using spy-planes, napalm, and mortars.

I actually roll this same setup too. The best way I've found for mortars is to use them when people throw care packages. I love the 'enemey care package inbound' followed by the ' friendly mortars inbound', and then it's a race :) So far the mortars usually win and I've racked up a lot of kills

TheAngryDealer on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The PSG is only not complete garbage if it has no attachments on it, but even then, it's worse than an AR. It's more fun on a map like Array, but it's still outclassed.
    I <3 sniper rifles in this game, so fun

I know I'm no expert here, but the PSG1 is worse than an AR, if you use it like an AR.

I've been having the most positive results playing a totally different style when I'm running a sniper rifle than any other build.

Ghost/Scout Pro/Hacker Pro. Decoy/Flash, Claymore

Basically keep moving from cover to cover, claymore your flank, take your shots, pick up the claymore, move on. Learn the sightlines, know the routes. I try not to stay too long in any one spot, and always have my secondary out when moving.
    Actually the secondary is an ongoing choice for me. I've been using dual pythons, but I'm wondering if I should be using a different pistol.

Spot entrenched players with Hacker, then lure them to the window with decoy a nade, or ignore the motion sensor and knife them. Hack/shoot/flank/flash claymores.

Of course I still die, but I can stay alive for longer and longer amounts of time depending on my team and the map. I'll be honest and tell you I don't get a ton of kills, but I don't die every 3 seconds either. Of course, some maps are absolute hell for this type of play, like Crisis, but you can apply it to a surprising amount of maps. It's also oddly satisfying, I feel like I'm playing a stealth or survival horror game. Stay out of sight, get your kill, stay alive.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Cantido wrote: »
    I recently rented it just to play the campaign. I had no idea it was about Vee-et-naym.

The campaign is pretty silly, but an enjoyable type of silly. Except for Sam 'Accent Slippy McGee' Worthington and parts of the Vietnam missions.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I start doing good in a round, then the game decides to spawn me in front of the same two guys with my back turned. Glad I could help them get their UAV/CP's for them.
    Go to hell Treyarch

Tridus1x on
  • Options
    SpudgeSpudge Witty comments go next to this blue dot thingyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'll be on in about an hour if anyone wants to kill some mans

Mouseover my sig pic for gamertag

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

I'm too fuckin' poor to play
    WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • Options
    YetiMindTrickYetiMindTrick Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Basically agree. I named my M60 class "Kill Continuously".

M60 w/Grip
    China Lake

Frag
    Willie Pete
    Jammer

Flak Jacket
    Hardened Pro
    Tactical Mask Pro

If I am camping a flag station there is practically nothing a single person can do to uproot me.

YetiMindTrick on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh god iPad browser does this forums justice. Be on later. Or else.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hehheh, my M60 class is called 'Bullets Forever'.

And did you mean Flak Jacket?

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    How come nobody revives you in a public game?HEY! HELP ME UP!

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    How come nobody revives you in a public game?

I would, if I were there!

I always try to revive people, if possible. I've been revived once or twice by pubbies, but I try not to get my hopes up.

hatedinamerica on
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

I always try to revive people, if possible. I've been revived once or twice by pubbies, but I try not to get my hopes up.

I think people don't like other people that use last stand so they don't revive you on principle.

I get revived a decent amount when playing HC Dom but I'm usually playing with some other PAers.
    Yes I am a bad person for using last stand on HC, but I kinda suck and it helps me cap points.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    edited December 2010

I think people don't like other people that use last stand so they don't revive you on principle.

I get revived a decent amount when playing HC Dom but I'm usually playing with some other PAers.
    Yes I am a bad person for using last stand on HC, but I kinda suck and it helps me cap points.

There doesn't seem to be a problem with people being revived on the PS3.

The majority of the time you'll be revived as long as people realize you're there. And if they don't, I've found that shooting a couple rounds in the air will get their attention.

gjaustin on
  • Options
    jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So my plan to head to my niece's 2nd birthday party was foiled by my vehicle breaking down right before the onramp to the highway. Looks like I'll be stuck at home playing BLOPS all weekend.

jonny439 on
  • Options
    ChewyWafflesChewyWaffles Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    According to the chart in the OP the MP5 and AK74U are almost identical guns except reload times and spread. So why does the MP5 feel like shit while the AK74U feel godlike?

ChewyWaffles on
    mwf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    jonny439 wrote: »
    So my plan to head to my niece's 2nd birthday party was foiled by my vehicle breaking down right before the onramp to the highway. Looks like I'll be stuck at home playing BLOPS all weekend.

Bummer, eh? :winky: :winky:

ChewyWaffles on
    mwf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Oh god iPad browser does this forums justice. Be on later. Or else.

browsing the forums on an ipad is indeed awesome. especially when you can do it to fill the time spent in BLOPS trying to get into a working lobby.

twmjr on
  • Options
    HibernusHibernus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

this is why

Hibernus on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I try and revive. I'm a team player. But I usually get my ass shot as soon as I'm done reviving someone, so I always feel like a martyr :(

ChewyWaffles on
    mwf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I try and revive. I'm a team player. But I usually get my ass shot as soon as I'm done reviving someone, so I always feel like a martyr :(

This all the time. It's rare that after reviving somebody I don't get blown up.

Magell on
  • Options
    Firmus_PiettFirmus_Piett Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Is hardened pro the one that lessens the jump from being shot? If so has anyone noticed any difference? I had it before I prestiged but never used it and was thinking maybe I should dump scout for hardened pro on my dragunov class.

Firmus_Piett on
    camo_sig.png

• Options
    jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    jonny439 wrote: »

Bummer, eh? :winky: :winky:

Yea I feel bad but driving 90 minutes north into the snow belt was not going to be fun. I will feel worse on monday when I find out what my repairs will cost :(

jonny439 on