As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BSG:BG] Exodus Game 01 - Game Over

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Louanne "Kat" Katraine

1 Pil, 1 Lea, 1 Tac.

EDIT: There are only 2 human super powers that have regularly salvaged an otherwise lost game for me: Kat's & Cain's.

Get out of Raider spam free is so, so tech.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Diorinix, your choice: Political Leader or Support.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    DiorinixDiorinix Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Tory Foster

1 Pol, 1 Lead, 1 Tac

Diorinix on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Gene Parmesan has free choice over next character selection.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'll be taking
    Baltar
    (2 Pol, 1 Lea)

--or --

Cain
    (2 Tac, 1 Lea)
    (if Gene takes a Political Leader)

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Oh.

Oh shit.

I just read the rules for the Cylon Fleet module. That's hardcore.

This is going to be a real pain in the ass to win.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'll be happy with either of those choices, Cap. It seems like Tory would be stronger if there was another Political Leader other than her in the game.

Diorinix on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'd go with Cain for sure. I can't count the number of times that a blind jump has saved Galactica from some bullcrap super crisis activation.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    TenekTenek Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well, I'm not sure Blind Jump is so awesome anymore with the Cylon Fleet component... no attack super crises and it puts them all back on the Cylon board anyways.

You can totally trust me, by the way. I proudly declare my allegiance to team Six.

Tenek on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I think Ender needs to list his intitial draw, right?

Diorinix on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    That's true, but it still gives you some breathing space when you absolutely have to get away (frankly, it was so darn powerful before that I'm glad the Cylon fleet board takes some of the punch away) and gets you a step closer to a win.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Diorinix wrote: »
    I think Ender needs to list his intitial draw, right?

Um. I did post my draw...

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Oops, got the pick order mixed up and forgot you picked Kat. Thought we were waiting on you, and not Gene.

Apologies.

Diorinix on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm kinda liking Baltar over Cain because of his extra Engineering and super flex draw. We're a bit short on Engineering, so I thought it would be a good plan to get some more flexibility.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    Gene ParmesanGene Parmesan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'll go with:

Samuel T. Anders

and as mt drawback I receive no cards initially.

Gene Parmesan on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Your drawback is that you do not draw Skill Cards on your first turn. You still get three cards pre-game.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    1 Leadership, 1 Tactic, 1 Piloting

Gene Parmesan on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    If you hunker down in the office and draw quorum cards like a mofo, I can fill us up with whatever's missing.

Diorinix on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I have a question, if someone scouts can they inform someone of the skill cards needed to pass the check? If someone scouts before me they can tell me what to load up on, and I can use my action to do so.

Gene Parmesan on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I have a question, if someone scouts can they inform someone of the skill cards needed to pass the check? If someone scouts before me they can tell me what to load up on, and I can use my action to do so.

Yes - but bear in mind that they might not be telling the truth about what was scouted.

Also: it's important for Kat to keep her paws full of high strength cards, so I'm usually pretty skimpy on contributions for Crisis checks (unless it's a real bad one - like something that'll hurt our fuel, which is almost impossible to replenish). Just sayin' ahead of time so people don't get all brig happy on me later.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    We've got cally in this game. I have a feeling the first suspicions aren't going to factor in the brig.

Gene Parmesan on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

No; specifics about hidden information (such as an upcoming crisis) cannot be revealed.

From the latest FAQ:
    Top Card of the Deck
    There are times when players receive information about the
    top card of a deck (such as Destination or Crisis cards).
    Players may not share specific information about these
    cards, but may classify the card as being “bad” or “good”.

edit: Should have previewed, but everything I know about the secrecy rules for BSG tells me The Ender has it wrong up there.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Oh wow; my mistake.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Alright, then. I will send out starting Loyalty, Skill Cards, and Trauma tokens, etc. once I have an opportunity to do so this evening. Capfalcon has a tentative character selection of Gaius Baltar, but will have until I return this evening if he wants to set a different character.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The Ender wrote: »

Yes - but bear in mind that they might not be telling the truth about what was scouted.

Also: it's important for Kat to keep her paws full of high strength cards, so I'm usually pretty skimpy on contributions for Crisis checks (unless it's a real bad one - like something that'll hurt our fuel, which is almost impossible to replenish). Just sayin' ahead of time so people don't get all brig happy on me later.

One of the new 6 strength skill cards, I believe it's a Tactics card, is called Scouting for Fuel. It's sort of like Launch Scout; you risk a Raptor and roll a die. 4+ gets you +1 fuel, anything less than 4 loses the Raptor.

So there's only two, I think, of that new card, but it's not hard to draw through the Tactics deck and with Strategic Planning and/or Calculations it's likely you'll see at least +1 fuel from that card per game now.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Rius wrote: »

One of the new 6 strength skill cards, I believe it's a Tactics card, is called Scouting for Fuel. It's sort of like Launch Scout; you risk a Raptor and roll a die. 4+ gets you +1 fuel, anything less than 4 loses the Raptor.

So there's only two, I think, of that new card, but it's not hard to draw through the Tactics deck and with Strategic Planning and/or Calculations it's likely you'll see at least +1 fuel from that card per game now.

Oh nice! And with my ability to just say, 'lolz dice' and dump cards instead of rolling polyhedrons... :D

What could possibly go wrong!?

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I just realized that I hadn't read the new cards yet.

Holy mother of... the 6 strength cards are pretty awesome. And so are most of the skill check ones. That certainly makes things more interesting!

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm pretty excited.

It looks like there's only one of that Fuel card, though, rather than 2. Better make sure the frakkin' Toasters don't nab it.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    There's also a small number of jump destinations that have "risk 1 raptor, roll, gain a fuel" text.

Diorinix on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Ahh, right; MrBlarney listed the new cards in the OP.

Well, there's only one of each 6 Strength Skill Card, but Scouting for Fuel is Tactics so you'll likely see it in the hands of a human at least once.

By the way, an important point; the new 0 Strength cards that say "Skill Check" in their description; those are played anonymously into the skill check along with any other cards. It's only during the resolution of the skill check that those card's descriptions come into play.

The game I played of this last night, we mangled that rule pretty hard by playing Network Computers and Iron Will publicly before anyone contributed cards at all; definitely a no-no. Playing them anonymously also allows you to tank a check with Red Tape (and possibly Trust Instincts) and perhaps avoid suspicion.

Rius on
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    This will be strange. Also if a cylon gets that fuel card you can bet they will hang onto it for dear life.. or use it so no one suspects them?

I like that the new fleet rules makes using the nukes more viable early game. Normally you can just jump and say 'lolz cylon fleet' without worrying about the basestars. Now taking out each basestar is one less following you.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    And don't forget that there is now a skill card that lets you build more nukes! :o

We could be swimming in the things!

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    weee and I get to be admiral at some point. So I will be nuking things....

So Humans who have 2 negative trauma in the end lose the game and cylons who have 2 positive trauma also lose?

I was reading through the rules, do humans executed by trauma cost moral? If so then moral will be even worse.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    So Humans who have 2 negative trauma in the end lose the game and cylons who have 2 positive trauma also lose?

I was reading through the rules, do humans executed by trauma cost moral? If so then moral will be even worse.
    OP wrote:
    If any player has more than two such tokens, then the player with the most tokens is eliminated from the game, losing no matter the final game outcome

It seems like you can have 2 or more trauma tokens of the wrong type at the end...just so long as someone has more than you do.

And yeah, humans being executed cost morale, unless otherwise specified.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, you're capped at 3 Nukes max but you'll find plenty of opportunities to use them with the new Cylon Fleet board.

Last night I launched a nuke and blew up Two Basestars! (And a Civilian, but they deserved it for wandering into my launch zone).

Rius on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It's funny that in this version then, it can be possible no one wins.

If all the cylons are tied at 2 trauma and tied cylons all lose and then random chance kills the humans in the final jump prep then... everyone loses.

Edit: Rius, this isn't x-com, you scare me, in a good way.

Void Slayer on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    At the start of the Crossroads phase, after placing the final arrangement of Cylon and Human ships, each player draws a Crossroads Card, looks at it's two options and places one of his Trauma Tokens face down on his card.

Those tokens determine which of the two possible outcomes of a player's Crossroads Card are activated. If that player has no tokens, he can choose whichever outcome he likes. Depending on which outcomes are resolved on which cards, various things will happen; it's possible that players may need to draw yet more trauma tokens.

Once everyone has placed a token, the Crossroads Cards are resolved in turn around the table. For various reasons, it is possible to be Executed during this time, and such Executions are resolved normally, including potential loss of Morale.

After that's done, all trauma tokens played on Crossroads cards are discarded, as are any remaining on Allies, the Brig or Sickbay. Then all players reveal all their remaining Trauma tokens. Each Human player discards all of their Benevolent tokens and each Cylon player discards all of their Antagonistic tokens. If any player at that point has one or two tokens remaining, he discards those as well. At this point, any player with zero trauma tokens has made it through the Trial unscathed.

If any player at this point still has trauma tokens, check to see which player has the most tokens. That player is eliminated from the rest of the game and does not choose a new character to play. He's either been executed by his peers or his entire line has been boxed.

At that point, the Fleet has to make one more jump for the Humans to win the game.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Is there a cap on the number of Trauma tokens that a single player may accumulate?

It'll be pretty darn brutal for the Toasters, given that they just soak-up Trauma whenever a Basestar takes any damage.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Is there a cap on the number of Trauma tokens that a single player may accumulate?

It'll be pretty darn brutal for the Toasters, given that they just soak-up Trauma whenever a Basestar takes any damage.

This is not the case; when you use the Ionian Nebula add-on you use a different set of Basestar damage tokens. All four of the original possibilities are there, along with two new ones. One of the new tokens counts as 1 damage to the Basestar and destroys up to three Raiders in the same space area; the other new token counts as 1 damage and each Cylon player must draw two trauma tokens. So it's only 1/6th of the time, not all of the time.

There isn't a cap to the number of trauma tokens a single player can have, but if one player is continuously drawing trauma, he will eventually draw a Disaster token and be executed. Unless he's a Cylon, in which case he'll just draw more trauma.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Oh, okay. I misread that part.

That's much more fair.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage