As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

BUTTERIAN APPRECIATION STATION!

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Someone convince me not to buy the extra outfit dlc. Quick.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    dave chappelle as commander shepard

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Someone convince me not to buy the extra outfit dlc. Quick.

buy it

you can give thane shades

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    you can give Garrus a proper suit of armor

Seriously on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You can make Jack put on a shirt.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    That was the opposite of talking me out of it.

Operation Sunglasses At Night is greenlit.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Anyone know what the Shadow Broker and Kasumi cost in real money? I just reinstalled ME2 and went looking for DLC, but it was all in points. I wasn't going to click on anything unless I knew before hand what it was going to cost.

Krieghund on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    a million billion dollars

(buy overlord instead)

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Krieghund wrote: »
    Anyone know what the Shadow Broker and Kasumi cost in real money? I just reinstalled ME2 and went looking for DLC, but it was all in points. I wasn't going to click on anything unless I knew before hand what it was going to cost.

10 bucks for Broker.

7 for Kasumi and Overlord.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The priiiiiize...

Solar on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    a million billion dollars

(buy overlord instead)

Overlord is the worst DLC though.

By worst I mean great, but not quite as good as the others.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I would rank them Shadow Broker, Kasumi, Overlord

The only reason I put Kasumi over Overlord because you get a character and a gun out of the deal, although other people might also feel that Overlord's Hammerhead section works against it.

EDIT: They are all quite nice, for each Shepard I have I maintain a save before the start of the suicide mission and each of the dlcs for easy replayability.

Seriously on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kasumi is my favourite

You get to do a heist in a suit

I felt like James Bond

Solar on
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    my wife watched me play through Overlord and actually teared up at the end
    her brother is autistic

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Solar wrote: »
    Kasumi is my favourite

You get to do a heist in a suit

I felt like James Bond

Also, you get the Kassa Locust.

Good gun. Good reputation booster.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    my wife watched me play through Overlord and actually teared up at the end
    her brother is autistic

Yeah, I have to say, that whole mission really kicked me in the balls.

sarukun on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Solar wrote: »
    The priiiiiize...

I want alllllllllllll the time I can get

Weaver on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You guys are crazy. Just as a mission Overlord is way, way better than Kasumi. Yeah you get stuff from Kasumi so if that's what you want then Kasumi is better but as far as the experience goes Overlord is by far the superior content.

I mean the whole end base in Overlord is in my top 5 sequences I've had in either Mass Effect games.

Peen on
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ok, since I went from ME1 straight into ME2 some of the changes are kinda jarring. Hell even them switching the space and shift key actions, and making everything spacebar activated, kinda threw me. I had forgoten. Still don't like the clip system, and would much like to have the option to put points into Charm and Intimidate again. I found my normal 75% paragon just didn't have enough paragon to really use the charm options tward endgame. I'd really rather not have to go full bore paragon or renegade.

Krieghund on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Krieghund wrote: »
    Ok, since I went from ME1 straight into ME2 some of the changes are kinda jarring. Hell even them switching the space and shift key actions, and making everything spacebar activated, kinda threw me. I had forgoten. Still don't like the clip system, and would much like to have the option to put points into Charm and Intimidate again. I found my normal 75% paragon just didn't have enough paragon to really use the charm options tward endgame. I'd really rather not have to go full bore paragon or renegade.

That was sorta my beef with Paragon/Renegade point distribution.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    thermal clips are objectively an improvement to the game and if you disagree then you are legitimately wrong

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    I thought kasumi was way cooler than overlord, even without the great character and items you get from it

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    I thought kasumi was way cooler than overlord, even without the great character and items you get from it

Yeah, if only for the lack of hovertank platforming.

Seriously, that thing is made of tissue paper.

I mean, it's good, and has delicious interrupts, but there are flaws.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I have to remind myself that Kasumi is longer than I remember, because it had some great moments but they were all stacked towards the beginning of the mission. That mile-long tunnel you have to shoot yourself through just isn't as much fun after the pottery barn.

Legba on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think that's where I formed my opinion. I felt like Kasumi started strong but really petered out at the end, whereas Overlord started out with the tank stuff (which I don't hate nearly as much as everyone else) but ended with the
    unbelievably atmospheric fight against the posessed robots and the VR stuff and the amazing poignant decision at the very end
    and my jaw just dropped.

Peen on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The end of Overlord is a kick in the nuts

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    LokiamisLokiamis Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Just finished the Shadow Broker DLC. Grunt's search history killed me.
    SEARCH: tryannsaurus wrex
    SEARCH: dinosaurs

Lokiamis on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Peen wrote: »
    You guys are crazy. Just as a mission Overlord is way, way better than Kasumi. Yeah you get stuff from Kasumi so if that's what you want then Kasumi is better but as far as the experience goes Overlord is by far the superior content.

I mean the whole end base in Overlord is in my top 5 sequences I've had in either Mass Effect games.

I don't know, they both executed on their stories really well.

The Puzzle-solving portion of Kasumi's mission was kinda stupid and boring and not particularly well executed, where as the Boss fight for Overlord was buggy for me, trivializing the shit out of it and making it kind of end with a wimper, sooooooooo..... =P

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

Yeah, if only for the lack of hovertank platforming.

Seriously, that thing is made of tissue paper.

I mean, it's good, and has delicious interrupts, but there are flaws.

The major flaw with the Hovertank when it was first added was level design.

Overlord does an okay job in that area, so I'm happy.

sarukun on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It seems like we one more game-enhancing DLC for ME2 to go along with whatever story-DLC Bioware will decide to drop on us as a report on Xbox360Achievements.org lists that among the stuff coming to XBL during February will be a second Alternate Appearance Pack. No word though on who gets to add a third hanger to their closet.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    They're all for Zaeed

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    yes

YES

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Something to note about the new AA Pack is that I believe Bioware asked those who post on their forums to nominate who they want to have new clothes with the three characters who got the largest tallies of votes getting them.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Clear face mask tali, but the lighting is broken, so you still can't see in.

Melding on
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Something to note about the new AA Pack is that I believe Bioware asked those who post on their forums to nominate who they want to have new clothes with the three characters who got the largest tallies of votes getting them.

Where'd you see this?

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Pharezon wrote: »

Where'd you see this?

Learned via Something Awful's ME thread and said voting topic found here.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Oh man I would be all over an unholey Legion

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Pharezon wrote: »

Where'd you see this?

Learned via Something Awful's ME thread and said voting topic found here.

I want Illusive Man eyeballs for Shepard on console so I can make JC Shepard.

My vision is augmented.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Miranda in shapeless coveralls and some crocs.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
This discussion has been closed.