Options

[Fox/adult Disney animation] Krapopolis is apparently appropriately named

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    But of course Burns is still completely oblivious.

One of the "Smithers is gay, wink wink" jokes I remember offhand had Burns deadpan to the fourth wall when Smithers was on fire running around shouting "I'm flaming!"

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    skeldare wrote: »
    But of course Burns is still completely oblivious.

One of the "Smithers is gay, wink wink" jokes I remember offhand had Burns deadpan to the fourth wall when Smithers was on fire running around shouting "I'm flaming!"

Sure, but Simpson's continuity.
    Smithers being gay will be remembered or forgotten as required by any episode's plot. And be forgotten or remembered just as quickly next time it comes up as a joke.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    They always kind of towed the line on whether he's simply gay, or singularly attracted to Mr. Burns.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Family Guy was incredibly disturbing last night.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

It sure was.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

This whole season has been disturbing. Like I think they're huffing paint now or something.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    ...should I ask?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    ...should I ask?

You shouldn't.
    This episode should never be spoken of.
    Granted, I'm saying that having seen only a handful of minutes of the actual episode, but I can't imagine a plot that could have redeemed or justified those minutes.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    ...should I ask?

You shouldn't.
    Granted, I'm saying that having seen only a handful of minutes of the actual episode, but I can't imagine a plot that could have redeemed or justified those minutes.

But now I want to ask

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Sort of getting annoyed at Linda constantly singing in Bob's Burgers.

• Options
    Veevee wrote: »
    ...should I ask?

You shouldn't.

But now I want to ask

By all means, ask away. I'm not here to tell you that you can't, merely to advise that you shouldn't.
    Much like the protagonist in nearly any HP Lovecraft story, you'll find out only too late that there are some things you're happier not knowing.

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    ...should I ask?

You shouldn't.

But now I want to ask

By all means, ask away. I'm not here to tell you that you can't, merely to advise that you shouldn't.
    Much like the protagonist in nearly any HP Lovecraft story, you'll find out only too late that there are some things you're happier not knowing.

I got curious and went on the episode list on Wikipedia. The title alone warned me that nothing bad could possibly come from that episode.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I can do it.

Stewie feels that he and Brian are drifting apart. So he steals some of Brian's DNA and impregnates himself so he can have Brian's child to bring them back together. The entire episode is based on the premise of a dog having sex with a baby and getting that male baby pregnant. Stewie has a litter of deformed and mangled half human half dog babies (except maybe one seemed normal. i'm sure it'll show up again) and in the mean time the two of them go through constant fights and arguments as the babies die off in the background.

oh and also at one point Brian punches pregnant Stewie in the stomach to abort the baby.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I can do it.

Stewie feels that he and Brian are drifting apart. So he steals some of Brian's DNA and impregnates himself so he can have Brian's child to bring them back together. The entire episode is based on the premise of a dog having sex with a baby and getting that male baby pregnant. Stewie has a litter of deformed and mangled half human half dog babies (except maybe one seemed normal. i'm sure it'll show up again) and in the mean time the two of them go through constant fights and arguments as the babies die off in the background.

oh and also at one point Brian punches pregnant Stewie in the stomach to abort the baby.

515.gif

(Sorry, that's really the only appropriate response)

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I can do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zG0lmN4ksE

• Options
    I can do it.

nope.gif

(Sorry, that's really the only appropriate response)
    I tried to warn you.
    You all saw me try to warn everyone.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I can do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zG0lmN4ksE

Oh right. And there was a gang rape joke to start off the episode. How could I forget.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    And the context for a scandily-clad frog dancing at ogling monkeys at a bar was....?

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Family Guy is trying to get canceled.

That's about the only thing I can think of.

(Although that does remind me of the episode with Lois's father and all his rich friends and the racing dog Brian had the hots over.)

• Options
    And the context for a scandily-clad frog dancing at ogling monkeys at a bar was....?
    The B plot was Peter and friends trying to get their 15 seconds of fame by making a viral video.

Or, if you're asking what context there is for a humanoid frog dancing in the bar while being surrounded by monkeys, follow this link, and all will be explained.

• Options

They were trying to make a viral video. They mentioned the videos online of the monkey pleasuring itself with a frog at a zoo. It can be found on youtube but. . .yeah a monkey rapes a frog.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Peter was trying to find something that could top a wildly popular viral video about a monkey hugging a frog at the zoo.

• Options

They were trying to make a viral video. They mentioned the videos online of the monkey pleasuring itself with a frog at a zoo. It can be found on youtube but. . .yeah a monkey rapes a frog.

So, lazy pop culture reference #47,981,582 plus rape joke. Got it.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

Peter was trying to find something that could top a wildly popular viral video about a monkey hugging a frog at the zoo.

To be fair the video in question really is of a monkey . . .pleasuring itself using a frogs body.

It's kind of terrifying.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    All I'm getting from this conversation is
    FIRE ME!
    FOX wrote:
    Nah.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I watched it... It's kind of like that one phrase you never want to hear from your mother.

"I'm not mad or angry. I'm disappointed."

I feel like I want to say I've seen worse. And given that we live in a universe where South Park exists, that's probably true.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I feel like even the worst of South Park has a purpose at least.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Thanks guys.

Thanks for saying Family Guy was messed up. "Heck, I haven't watched any episodes since the NFL playoffs break, let's see what's going on."

So I watch it.

And then you post the severely messed up synopsis for the episode that made cringe all the time (I do agree this was a "what the fuck are you gonna do to us?" type episode)

On the plus side, Peter's one picture a day joke was solid, as was the jab at Jimmy Fallon. Because God I hate his whole buzzfeed youtube schtick with celebrities.

• Options
    DalbozDalboz Resident Puppy Eater Right behind you...Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure it is Seth MacFarlane trying to end the show. I can't remember where I read it, but I swear that I remember reading an interview with him saying that he felt enough was enough already and he wished they would just end the show. He clearly wants to move more into movies.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Family Guy's descent into mean-spirited disturbing violence peaked for me during the Christmas special where Stewie and Brian invaded that one stranger's house.

The difference between SP and FG is that SP's jokes always have a purpose to them. They don't just insert violence or rape jokes "for the heck of it"; there's always a deeper layer to their commentary and nine times out of ten they nail it.

Family Guy is like a Saw experiment to see how far one person can bush the boundaries of television before people say "enough is enough".

• Options
    Family Guy's descent into mean-spirited disturbing violence peaked for me during the Christmas special where Stewie and Brian invaded that one stranger's house.

The difference between SP and FG is that SP's jokes always have a purpose to them. They don't just insert violence or rape jokes "for the heck of it"; there's always a deeper layer to their commentary and nine times out of ten they nail it.

Family Guy is like a Saw experiment to see how far one person can bush the boundaries of television before people say "enough is enough".

Hell, even when South Park gets into disturbing territory without a deeper purpose, they at least try to be creative and funny.

I've long argued that even the early days of Family Guy was disturbing for the sake of disturbing.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    The writing on the wall has always been Meg.

At a certain point they have used Meg as a tool for all of their hatred and mean-spirited jokes, where the family constantly despises her existence to the point that Peter routinely tries to abandon her or outright murder her.

They try to downplay this by also making Meg a cliche teenage weirdo (followed by implied incest with her brother, because fuck restraint), but it's really surprising more people aren't outright offended by the show's constant abuse of the character.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    The problem is that there is no bottom to reach, it's as deep as you're willing to go and each notch you descend just makes the gaping void deeper.

• Options
    Meg didn't seem so bad when I attempted to watch the show back when it first came on the air, but "The Simpsons Guy" heavily implies that she deserves all the abuse she gets.

• Options
    You know what's probably the worst thing about all this?

That when the time comes where they truly cross the line with FG to the point of public outcry, Seth McFarlane will probably brag that it was his plan all along and that future shows will benefit from the change in policies.

Gotta get worse before it gets better.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Ironically the ratings for this episode are more or less on par with other Family Guy episodes in general.

http://graphtv.kevinformatics.com/tt0182576

If McFarlane really wanted the show to die he'd start replacing characters with Italian stereotypes.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    Ironically the ratings for this episode are more or less on par with other Family Guy episodes in general.

http://graphtv.kevinformatics.com/tt0182576

If McFarlane really wanted the show to die he'd start replacing characters with Italian stereotypes.

Life of Brian was an episode that through word of mouth people were told to avoid.

Nobody wants to see a dog die, even in anthropomorphic cartoon form.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    I will defend the the time when Brian ate stewies poop.

That was gross but it was done in an episode that actually moved the characters forward thematically while making some sense in the context of their scenario.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Simpsons co-creator Sam Simon died on Sunday from colo-rectal cancer.

It's sad. He was apparently one of the nicest people, like Phil Hartman and Marcia Wallace.