As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect: Booty In-Spectre

• Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    There were some fights where resurrecting squad mates proved to be pretty damn useful. Mostly the fights where I needed them for distractions so that I could pop out of cover and not instantly take fire from five or six guys.

Talkin' about insanity of course. on lower difficulties it is more or less whatever.

Day of the Bear on
    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    GeoMitchGeoMitch Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I like how there is this disconnection between your squadmates in battle and your squadmates in conversation

it's kinda weird

GeoMitch on
    Gamertag: GeoMtch Steam Google+
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    "phew guys, gonna spend the majority of my time running around the galaxy making sure you're all set up and happy, ready to focus on our big battle!"

"During the battle, if you just wanna jump over the wrong side of cover and sit there or just run in circles, geting nailed? That's coo'. I got this"*

[tiny]*I love Mass Effect to bits and this is not a fair representation of my views on the game?[/tiny]

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Other annoying things my allies do to commit suicide:

1. When I tell an ally to hide behind a box, he or she climbs on top of the object, back facing the enemy until they down him or her.

2. After receiving orders to retreat, stand up from behind cover and freeze until incapacitated.

More annoying:

Robbing my Adept of physics kills even after telling them to fire at something else.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So, considering the tie in comics, will anyone else kinda miss Executor Pallin?

I mean, he didn't like Shepard, but it seemed to be for the best reasons, which was a nice change of pace.

Also, Udina had him killed, and fuck that guy.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Balefuego wrote: »
    It is soldier yes

It should not take him 10 minutes to kill a praetorian on normal
    To be fair I think it was on vetran, but good god, the first time I played that level it took me soooo long to first fill them.

I think on horizon I cheated, activated cloak, then hacked the console and got to skip that part of the fight.

Blake T on
  • Options
    GeoMitchGeoMitch Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    so did anybody choose udina to be the councilor? why would they do that, ever?

GeoMitch on
    Gamertag: GeoMtch Steam Google+
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    hoping for another attack on the citadel I suppose

Seriously on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    to prolong his suffering as your political liaison

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So you can get the maximum amount of pleasure out of the Renegade interrupt that lets you kill the Council.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think it's kind of sad that Anderson seems like a much better choice but the dude really hates his job

poor Anderson

Solar on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That's why he's the right choice for the job.

Besides, everybody knows that when the Reapers hit the Citadel again, only one Councilor's going to be able to stop them.

And it sure as shit isn't going to be the Turian Councilor.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I believe in the Turian Councilor

I think he's a stand-up guy who just happens to be in the wrong this time

I am betting when the Reapers come for the Citadel he will buy the civilians time to escape by opening a channel and trolling the shit out of Harbinger

Ah yes, you must be the "Vanguard of our Destruction." Shepard won't shut up about you, but all I see is a Big. Stupid. Cuttlefish.

u mad?

Seriously on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    So, considering the tie in comics, will anyone else kinda miss Executor Pallin?

I mean, he didn't like Shepard, but it seemed to be for the best reasons, which was a nice change of pace.

Also, Udina had him killed, and fuck that guy.

From what I remember, Udina just sent Bailey after him to find out what Pallin was up to. Udina's a jackass, true, but I don't think he'd go that far.
    Solar wrote: »
    I think it's kind of sad that Anderson seems like a much better choice but the dude really hates his job

poor Anderson
    At least he doesn't have to deal with the Council anymore.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Seriously wrote: »
    I believe in the Turian Councilor

I think he's a stand-up guy who just happens to be in the wrong this time

I am betting when the Reapers come for the Citadel he will buy the civilians time to escape by opening a channel and trolling the shit out of Harbinger

Ah yes, you must be the "Vanguard of our Destruction." Shepard won't shut up about you, but all I see is a Big. Stupid. Cuttlefish.

u mad?

I want him to be like that as well

that would be cool

Solar on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The Asari councilor has always seemed to me like she just wants to scream out "Do you see these jackasses I have to work with!"

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Nah the Asari counsellor seems like she is the most useless of the lot

The Turian dude is a stand up guy who maybe is a little dated in views but still has the fire in him, he just needs to find it

You know the Salarian is running the whole show from behind the scenes

But the Asari just seems sort of listless. She's just there.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    That's because the other two have broken her spirit. She's probably been there for five hundred years or something and just wants these guys to shut up

Weaver on
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The Salarians are my favorite everythings ever.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Solar wrote: »
    Nah the Asari counsellor seems like she is the most useless of the lot

The Turian dude is a stand up guy who maybe is a little dated in views but still has the fire in him, he just needs to find it

You know the Salarian is running the whole show from behind the scenes

But the Asari just seems sort of listless. She's just there.

I bet the shit hits the fan and conveniently, we find out the Asari councilor is a commando, the Salarian councilor is a deep cover STG operative and the Turian councilor is whatever the Turian equivalent is.

Karl on
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The Asari councilor has probably had a dozen Turian colleagues and hundreds of Salarian ones. These two jackasses she's saddled with now? No biggie, they'll be dead or retired within a decade or two.

What she doesn't know is that thanks to Shepard, they'll be dead a lot sooner but she won't have the opportunity to gloat about it.

Legba on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    so how they had the statue of an ogre from DA in the Kasumi mission, wonder if there's anything ME in DA2 and oh shit I've crossed the threads

Weaver on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    GeoMitch wrote: »
    so did anybody choose udina to be the councilor? why would they do that, ever?

because SEND YOUR FLEET IN

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Been wondering how the Reapers get to Earth so quickly from out in darkspace.

Turian councilor poking about in the citadel controls, "Can you believe Shepard thinks this activated a giant relay to "darkspace" Haha, it's just the window shutte*fwoooooooooop*"

reapers everywhere

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Weaver wrote: »
    Been wondering how the Reapers get to Earth so quickly from out in darkspace.

Turian councilor poking about in the citadel controls, "Can you believe Shepard thinks this activated a giant relay to "darkspace" Haha, it's just the window shutte*fwoooooooooop*"

reapers everywhere

Turian counsellor pulls a Revenant out of his car

An epic battle begins

Solar on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Wonder if we're gonna get a bigger ship again, like maybe part way through the game when you're having to bring all the races together.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Wonder if we're gonna get a bigger ship again, like maybe part way through the game when you're having to bring all the races together.

I wonder how many races are going to help you at the end.

With my Shepard i should have all the council races, the Systems Alliance, the Rachni, the geth and maybe the Quarians if they can get their shit together.

have i missed anyone?

Karl on
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Volus squadmate. Most powerful Biotic in the Galaxy.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Karl wrote: »

With my Shepard i should have all the council races, the Systems Alliance, the Rachni, the geth and maybe the Quarians if they can get their shit together.

have i missed anyone?

Maybe some kind of rag-tag Terminus Systems action going on off-screen.

Weaver on
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I want there to be a B-squad I can put together to operate alongside missions.

Basically, I want Garrus to be the Willem Dafoe to my Bill Murray.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOdn3D4xfs4

Gatsby on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

have i missed anyone?

Maybe some kind of rag-tag Terminus Systems action going on off-screen.
    I can see one portion of ME3 involving Shepard trying to smooth over problems between the Geth and Quarians thanks to Daro'Xen. Perhaps something similar with the Krogan and Rachni. As for the Alliance fleet, whatever remains might have problems listening to Shepard what his 'Cerberus ties', especially if Hackett's not around for some reason.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    and maybe the Quarians if they can get their shit together.

let's be honest with ourselves here. Shepard's the one that's going to have to force them to get their shit together in time for anything.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mass Effect 3 is going to turn out unlike the other two games in the series in a profound way that no one else will predict

With the threat of the Reapers looming over Earth the galaxy comes to terms with the fact that they are indeed real and works together

The true conflict is that Shepard has become complacent, knowing that in the end the fight will be taken to them with or without him

He has taken to lounging about and engaging in acts of hedonism, most notably his excessive eating, all of which he hides from the public image

The final moral choice is whether he gets off his ass and takes the fight to the Reapers personally or sits down to consume one of those store-bought fudge cakes in his quarters
    In the end if you take the fight to the Reapers and haven't done enough to restore yourself back to the Shepard everyone knows and loves, everyone becomes so appalled at seeing Shepard's slovenly image waddling through Earth's wreckage that the Reapers get the edge in the final battle

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Now I want ME3 to end with Shepard pulling this

Gatsby on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

have i missed anyone?

Krogans.

Warlord Wrex is on the very short list of people Shepard calls an equal. The biggest up and comer views her as his boss. Those who opposed them tend to wind up dead, everyone else is in awe.

Hell, Shepard has the respect of the religious and scientific community. If Wrex and Grunt both made it, I figure the Krogans are the most reliable help you got.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    over the weekend i was wearing my N7 hoodie while shopping in a North Face store

for those who don't know, North Face makes all kinds of outdoor expedition hiking athletic type gear

one of the workers strolled by, misread the N7 patch on my chest and said "New Zealand, eh? I was there last year. Horrible about the earthquake..." and went on for about 5 minutes or so

it took until he stopped talking about Weta bugs before i could tell him "nope sorry. im not a world traveler. i just really like video games."

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    edited March 2011

have i missed anyone?

Krogans.

Warlord Wrex is on the very short list of people Shepard calls an equal. The biggest up and comer views her as his boss. Those who opposed them tend to wind up dead, everyone else is in awe.

Hell, Shepard has the respect of the religious and scientific community. If Wrex and Grunt both made it, I figure the Krogans are the most reliable help you got.

Damn, how could i forget them. Imagine a team of Shepard, Grunt and Wrex. So much death.

Karl on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    over the weekend i was wearing my N7 hoodie while shopping in a North Face store

for those who don't know, North Face makes all kinds of outdoor expedition hiking athletic type gear

one of the workers strolled by, misread the N7 patch on my chest and said "New Zealand, eh? I was there last year. Horrible about the earthquake..." and went on for about 5 minutes or so

it took until he stopped talking about Weta bugs before i could tell him "nope sorry. im not a world traveler. i just really like video games."

You should have told him a story in which you were the only survivor.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011

have i missed anyone?

Krogans.

Damn, how could i forget them. Imagine a team of Shepard, Grunt and Wrex. So much death.

See, that's why you pick Vanguard.

Simultaneous charges everywhere.

Battlemaster Shepard has no equal.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    BrooksyBrooksy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    He has taken to lounging about and engaging in acts of hedonism, most notably his excessive eating, all of which he hides from the public image

The final moral choice is whether he gets off his ass and takes the fight to the Reapers personally or sits down to consume one of those store-bought fudge cakes in his quarters
    In the end if you take the fight to the Reapers and haven't done enough to restore yourself back to the Shepard everyone knows and loves, everyone becomes so appalled at seeing Shepard's slovenly image waddling through Earth's wreckage that the Reapers get the edge in the final battle

This would be the greatest thing to ever happen anywhere, ever.

Especially if your only romance option remaining is this thing:
    Delan.png

Brooksy on
This discussion has been closed.