As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Boston Game Night - July Edition - Tuesday, July 29th - Khadour's Last Stand

• Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Looks like I won't be able to make it after all. A bunch of stuff just came up. :(

Aww too bad. Hope things are good.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    VegaObscuraVegaObscura Registered User regular
    Running late, but should be there by 7.

• Options
    VegaObscuraVegaObscura Registered User regular
    Wanted to say thanks to everyone that came out--it was my first time showing up and it was great.

Special thanks to the guys that played Lords of Waterdeep.

• Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    Was great to see everyone again last night! Looking forward to next month - sounds like we might have a few prototypes to try out!

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    Feb 26th? Didn't think about this but I might not be in town that night. I have to check me plane tickets to see if I leave that Tuesday or Wednesday...

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    This is tomorrow - any game requests?

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    I'd like to try flame war. That looked fun last time but I kept missing the beginning of the game.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    FatherVenomFatherVenom Registered User regular
    I request Lords of Waterdeep.

I'll have ALL THE ASCENSION! on me.

• Options
    Flame War and Lords of Waterdeep are already in the bag. Any other requests?

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    Was great seeing everyone out tonight - great crowd! We'll see everyone on the 19th . . .

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    April date?

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • Options
    Kiashien wrote: »
    April date?

Sorry - falling a bit behind here. Been swamped since PAX - I'll update shortly.

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    Just a reminder - this is tomorrow night! Any game requests?

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    Hey team, how often are the PA Forum Boston game nights? Once a month?

• Options
    SerpicoBC wrote: »
    Hey team, how often are the PA Forum Boston game nights? Once a month?

Yep. Last Tuesday of the month.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    Updated the OP with May's info.

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    This is coming up tomorrow night - anyone have any game requests?

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I think I'm going to try and make this tonight. Be a fun first time

5I7JEDi.png
  • Options
    OP updated with June info.

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Figure some of you Boston folk might be interested in this http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/179771/lanfest-boston-we-got-tabletop

• Options
    Games tomorrow night - I've had requests for Puerto Rico and Carcassonne. Any other requests?

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    Turns out I'm going to be out of town next Tuesday - would you guys like me to post the event anyway, reschedule it, or just skip this month?

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Event posted for Tuesday, August 6th. Hope to see everyone there!

Khadour on
    xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    This is tonight - any game requests? Already have one for Betrayal at House on the Hill . . .

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    Thread updated with September gathering info. Sorry about the August flake!

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    This is tomorrow night - any game requests?

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    Captain Spaulding IICaptain Spaulding II [E] Marlborough, MARegistered User regular
    You still have that copy of Panzer Leader kicking around?

• Options
    I do, but it's buried in storage at the moment - I'm in the middle of moving, so I doubt I could dig it out in time for tonight. Maybe I will have it unearthed by next month's gathering . . .

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    Thread updated with October info. See everyone later this month!

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    Tanjin90Tanjin90 Registered User regular
    Not sure if this is the place to ask, didn't see a discussion thread. Is this evet noob friendly? The only board game iv played before is BSG base game.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    It is extremely noob friendly

• Options
    Cool, i might be down for going sometime, i live 30ish mins out of boston. Where are you in relation to the coast guard station?

• Options
    Sorry - I've been travelling for the last week and a half, so just getting back to the forums.

@Tanjin90 - it's very n00b friendly. Come on down and we'll teach you how to play something fun. We tend towards light to midweight games, so BGS is not normally on the rotation, but can certainly be arranged in advance if you'd like. This takes place at J. J. Foley's at 21 Kingston St., about a block out of Downtown Crossing. Let me know if you have any other questions!

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    Ill be making it for the event tomorrow.How late does it usually run?

• Options
    Account4ThisAccount4This BostonRegistered User regular
    I'm planning on coming by for the first time (total noob too Tanjin), so if you see a large bearded bald man standing around awkwardly with a lost look on his face, I promise I'm friendly!

• Options
    We usually start around 6:30, or whenever people can get there if the chaos of Boston traffic rears its ugly head. We're usually done by about 11, but people come and go throughout the night. You'll probably see me come in with a few boxes of games as close to 6:30 as I can manage - I'm pretty easy to spot (6'3", gray, should be wearing jeans and a black/white striped polo tonight). I generally try to introduce myself to those sitting around eyeing the games with a hungry look on their faces :) Hope to see you both tonight!

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    caerulean_bluecaerulean_blue Registered User regular
    Sounds like fun, I'll be trying to make it to a future Game Night. I'm not familiar with many games but I'd love to learn and meet some new people in the process.

• Options
    OP updated with November information. Hope to see you all there :)

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    scottyb1218scottyb1218 BostonRegistered User regular
    I think I might venture out and finally attend one of these. N00b incoming!!

sig.php?id=222
  • Options
    Cool - come on down! We're always up for having more people to play with . . . I should even have access to my games again by this month's gathering, so can take requests.

xWDsUaZ.png