As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Boston Game Night - July Edition - Tuesday, July 29th - Khadour's Last Stand

• Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    Looking like we'll be mid-hurricane on Tuesday, so we might want to discuss rescheduling . . . Thoughts?

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I think pushing it back a week would be acceptable

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • Options
    ErghitzErghitz Registered User new member
    I'd be up for this...this week or next. What's a monsoon of water anyways?

• Options
    Erghitz wrote: »
    Well, for one thing, it's keeping me stranded in Cleveland until at least Tuesday afternoon, so I'm not sure I'd be able to make it this week anyway . . . ;)

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    OK - updated the OP to reflect the reschedule to the following Tuesday.

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    ErghitzErghitz Registered User new member
    Khadour wrote: »
    Erghitz wrote: »
    Well, for one thing, it's keeping me stranded in Cleveland until at least Tuesday afternoon, so I'm not sure I'd be able to make it this week anyway . . . ;)

Well, I guess that's a reason to not come/cancel. Barely. ;)

• Options
    Yeah, I'm going to be in Cleveland until at least Wednesday, since they just cancelled both of the flights I was booked on tomorrow.

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    This is tomorrow night - any game requests?

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    I'm claiming this as Punzie Pre-Bday Bash. (My birthday is Thursday.)

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    OK - updated with next meetup, now on the FIRST Tuesday of the month!

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    edited November 2012
    1. This weekend is the annual GP4CP charity event at NERD. I'm donating a couple pillows to the raffle and a batch of cookies for general munching. Anyone else going?
    2. Khadour, you own Miskatonic School for Girls, right? Will you bring that next week? I'd like to give it another try.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    1. Actually, I'm not sure - do you have a link to it or something?
    2. Yes, yes I do. I'll be sure to bring it. We should probably try to talk Dangeresque into coming down, since he loves that game . . .

Khadour on
    xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2012
    zerzhul on
  • Options
    zerzhul wrote: »

Thanks, zerzhul!

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    @punzie - confirmed, I am definitely attending. Just ordered my tickets.

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    How was GP4CP? I wanted to go :(

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Won't be here tomorrow :( Have to work on getting a job, and finishing my thesis.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    arsonisfun wrote: »

Definitely a good time - I'd recommend going next year. Good prizes for the raffles, tasty chow, beer and wine, and plenty of games (although I'll probably bring a few from my collection along next time for added selection). Console selection was solid (including a PlayStation Eye w/Eye of Judgement), and a good time seemed to be had by all.

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    I won't be able to make it tonight (parental duties), but am sending the box 'o games down with @Aryooki. See you all next month!

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    edited December 2012
    arsonisfun wrote: »

Good times. I won Ascension in the raffle, Venom played DnD all night, the people playing Dance Central did Gangham Style at least 5 times in a row, all 50 of my cookies got eaten, the girl who won my pillows was adorable and hugged them the rest of the night, the whole room sang along to Bohemian Rapshody when they played it on Rock Band.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I agree with everything that was said by @Khadour and @punzie about GP4CP. Really glad I was able to make it there.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • Options
    One more note on GP4CP: though they do provide food and it is delicious, it is small portions on small plates. Next year I will be eating before I go and bringing my own drinks (because $2 for a can of soda is kind of ridiculous).

At JJ's last night we had a bunch of new people. I guess Game Over is on break until late January so some people who normally go there came to JJ's instead.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    punzie wrote: »
    At JJ's last night we had a bunch of new people. I guess Game Over is on break until late January so some people who normally go there came to JJ's instead.
    Damn - sorry I missed it. Hopefully, there were enough games to keep people entertained . . .

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    OK - finally pulled the trigger on scheduling the next one. Thanks to the various and sundry holidays, we're going to switch back to the last Tuesday of the month. See everyone at the end of January!

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    D'oh. I assumed we were doing it 1/1 and didn't check in on it until now. Oh well. Miss you guys for a month :(

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    I just finished writing my book so I should be able to make it to this. I can bring a short demo quest for LightWeightRPG, the play test kit for our new card game, and a bin of other sweet games.

• Options
    @PeasantDave - Sounds good to me - be great to see you down there!
    @punzie - Sorry about the confusion - the holidays had us all messed up this year, with ALL of them falling on Tuesdays . . .

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    VegaObscuraVegaObscura Registered User regular
    If my school schedule allows for it, I may be interested in checking it out next time you meet up. What kinds of games do you guys play?

• Options
    If my school schedule allows for it, I may be interested in checking it out next time you meet up. What kinds of games do you guys play?
    We play a wide variety of board and card games - there are usually around 15 people, so several games are being played. All depends on what people are in the mood for - I generally ask if anyone has any requests before I head down, to make sure I can bring along what people are wanting to play that night. It's generally light to midweight stuff - everything from Cards Against Humanity and Munchkin to Stone Age, Lords of Waterdeep, Puerto Rico, etc. That being said, if your interests run more towards the deeper games, those can be arranged.

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    Right on. I've got copies of Pirate Fluxx, Zombie Fluxx, Settlers of Catan (with the 5-6 player expansion), Zombicide, and Cards Against Humanity as well. If they're ever needed and I'm planning on coming, just let me know.

• Options
    Right on. I've got copies of Pirate Fluxx, Zombie Fluxx, Settlers of Catan (with the 5-6 player expansion), Zombicide, and Cards Against Humanity as well. If they're ever needed and I'm planning on coming, just let me know.

Sounds good - hope to see you on the 29th!

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    GanybyteGanybyte Registered User regular
    Oh hey found the thread, I plan on showing as well. I'm looking to meet people before Pax East and thought this would be a good time to start. Love to try a new (to me) game or two if available, so on at note, I request Lords of Waterdeep.

• Options
    Ganybyte wrote: »
    Oh hey found the thread, I plan on showing as well. I'm looking to meet people before Pax East and thought this would be a good time to start. Love to try a new (to me) game or two if available, so on at note, I request Lords of Waterdeep.
    Excellent - looking forward to meeting you on Tuesday! Lords of Waterdeep has been on pretty heavy rotation lately, so it will definitely be there. Let me know if you have any other request - I'll bring 'em down (if I have 'em)!

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    So who would like to do a Light Weight RPG demo? We're still in the proofing process so it won't be available for a couple weeks, but I'd love to give some fellow PAXers a preview. If you enjoy trying out new tabletop RPGs or are RPG-curious we can bang out characters in 30 minutes and do a sample encounter.

I will also have a card game prototype which is a fun cross between Twisted Metal, Death Race 2000 and Bang!.

• Options
    So who would like to do a Light Weight RPG demo? We're still in the proofing process so it won't be available for a couple weeks, but I'd love to give some fellow PAXers a preview. If you enjoy trying out new tabletop RPGs or are RPG-curious we can bang out characters in 30 minutes and do a sample encounter.

I will also have a card game prototype which is a fun cross between Twisted Metal, Death Race 2000 and Bang!.

Both sound cool - bring 'em down!

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Barring any problems, I'll be there and I may be bringing a friend with me.

Any idea on what we're playing/anything I should bring?

VegaObscura on
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Barring any problems, I'll be there and I may be bringing a friend with me.

Any idea on what we're playing/anything I should bring?
    The more, the merrier! I will be bringing down my usual collection - anyone have any requests? It will most likely include a few new games I picked up over the weekend at Unity Games, but will have the standbys on hand as well (Lords of Waterdeep, Stone Age, Puerto Rico, Dominion, 7 Wonders, Ticket To Ride, Forbidden Island, etc.). I know @Trinistand is planning on bringing Android:Netrunner . . .

Khadour on
    xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    We're both fairly new to the board game scene, so I'll admit I only know Ticket to Ride of that list.

I'll bring my copy of Zombiecide and see if there is any interest in playing it.

I've never played it with a group larger than 2, so I'll bone up on the rules a bit tonight, but it's a 1-6 player minifig game I've been wanting to play with a larger group.

If there's a push to play something else (or we could use players on other games), I'm always down for learning a new game.

• Options
    Looks like I won't be able to make it after all. A bunch of stuff just came up. :(

• Options
    Looks like I won't be able to make it after all. A bunch of stuff just came up. :(

Sorry to hear that, Dave - hopefully, we'll catch you next month!

xWDsUaZ.png