Options

A Wonder Woman series! Fuck ye-...Oh...no...

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What would you like us to talk about in this thread then.

Maybe how great it is not have opinions?

Blake T on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wonder Woman, more like Wonder "woah man!" am I right?

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    soon this forum will be nothing but superhero threads

everybody get ready for my EPIC THOR THREAD

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    rhylith wrote: »
    We've got only sketchy plot details, a costume that they're still tweaking, and some pictures of a stuntwoman chillin with henchmen on set.

I know this probably won't be that great, but we should maybe wait for some real footage or the pilot to rush to judgement.

The problem with Wonder Woman is that she is already a tough sell in her original medium. She's gone through many retcons and re-imaginings and new origin stories and re-launches simply because writers can't figure out what to do with her to make her a compelling character. Besides being known as part of the Trinity of DC, her publication history is mainly negative. For some reason Batman and Superman can't have enough solo books, while Wonder Woman always struggles if she isn't on a team. So with that, with a problematic history in comics, you're going to have to nail a solo tv series, and a live action one at that.

And the origin story is already seemingly overly complex and weird. She has three personas? Why? She is a public CEO figure with one name, crime fighting as Wonder Woman with another, and then has a third secret identity for whatever reason.

I just think that to look at the production value of this project, the stated basic plot of the character, and the poor costume design, it's not going off half cocked to say that it looks like it will be bad from the start.

Langly on
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The TV costume looks kind of like her new costume in the weird JMS Wonder Woman.

newwonderwomancostumeth.jpg

JoeUser on
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Is The Cape still on TV?

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Nope.

rhylith on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    We've got only sketchy plot details, a costume that they're still tweaking, and some pictures of a stuntwoman chillin with henchmen on set.

I know this probably won't be that great, but we should maybe wait for some real footage or the pilot to rush to judgement.
    We don't have sketchy plot details, we have the script for the first episode.

Which was awful and not even remotely like Wonder Woman.

She has a pajama party with her best friend and eats chocolate ice cream and whines about boys and how her boobs are too small

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    to be fair, her boobs are too small.

Depressperado on
  • Options
    cadmunkycadmunky One hand on the bottle, The other a shaking fist.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    wtf those are not hotpants! does she have a summer suit that shows some leg at least?

cadmunky on
    5955603848_aed2690084.jpg
    "Think of it as Evolution in Action"
  • Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've seen other screenshots where her hooters were pretty rockin. might just be a bad in-action shot or something.

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    to be fair, her boobs are too small.

sQrks.jpg

jackal on
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    i was like
    IMG_0124.jpg

but then i
    IMG_0129.jpg

redfenix on
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Blankzilla wrote: »

We don't have sketchy plot details, we have the script for the first episode.

Which was awful and not even remotely like Wonder Woman.

She has a pajama party with her best friend and eats chocolate ice cream and whines about boys and how her boobs are too small

Hahaha seriously?
    Ok yeah judge away.

rhylith on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Seriously this is one of the only times the internet isn't jumping to conclusions

we have lots of evidence this is going to be a terrible, terrible thing

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wonder Woman: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Watch This Bomb

Jacques L'Homme on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wasn't there an awful story about how they cast the part or something along those lines?

Also why is every picture of that actress: not in costume = hot, in costume = ummm

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Wasn't there an awful story about how they cast the part or something along those lines?

Also why is every picture of that actress: not in costume = hot, in costume = ummm

I am 90% sure that is a different person in the second picture.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    There was her audition tape that literally consisted of her sitting in a chair and whining about girl problems and girl power

she actually looked down her shirt and says "UGH THEY'RE TOO SMALL" or something similar

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, Wonder Woman is pretty terrible. She does not deserve to be part of the Big 3 of DC Comics. Oracle, or Lois Lane or Black Canary would be better.

I saw a post on Scans Daily complaining about the show, and they were like "Where's the regalness? Where's the quiet dignity?"

I honestly didn't know that those were parts of her character. She wears an American Flag swimsuit as her superhero costume.

Captain Ultra on
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    this girl looks pretty hot when shes smiling and not doing something

when shes got that serious face on she looks like she has a big forehead and is muttly looking

shoulda cast megan fox as wonderwoman

Franko on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hebulwTWc94

Can we just have a live action version of this Wonder Woman?

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    Seriously this is one of the only times the internet isn't jumping to conclusions

God, Heath Ledger is gonna be so dumb as the Joker.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    man I really need to get some speakers for this computer, I can't watch any videos :(

Depressperado on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man I loved the JL cartoons

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Wonder Woman is really great on a team, she just has problems holding up on her own.

Langly on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The Geek wrote: »

If Heath Ledger's Joker had sat down and whined about how hard it was to get a date with his face like that, or complained how society treated clowns, then we'd have a better parallel to make

...what am I saying of course he could've pulled that off

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Didn't everyone shut up about that when pics started coming out?

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    There was her audition tape that literally consisted of her sitting in a chair and whining about girl problems and girl power

she actually looked down her shirt and says "UGH THEY'RE TOO SMALL" or something similar

Here you go

JoeUser on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Yeah lets compare the guy who was nominated for a shit ton of awards in Brokeback Mountain and who the internet went crazy over when they released footage and costume pictures to the show that has Wonder Woman in a halloween costume with a lasso made of glittertwine while she eats ice cream with her best friend and whines about boy problems before she goes to work as the head of a corporation where she sells toys of herself

Geek you are being retarded

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    her breasts look bigger in that youtube video

Franko on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Different woman, Franko.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    This is the complete opposite of the Ledger Joker situation.

People were booing him before they released photos and footage and then everyone was super excited

With Wonder Woman people were cautiously optimistic until every piece of info released has been horrible

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    more like slowuser

Langly on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Macro9 wrote: »
    Different woman, Franko.

now I know why I am disappointed

Franko on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wonder Wo-man, Wonder Wo-man,
    does whatever a woman can,
    she menstruates, has boobs
    and other stuff
    Look out, here comes Wonder Wo-man

jackal on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    jackal wrote: »
    Wonder Wo-man, Wonder Wo-man,
    does whatever a woman can,
    she menstruates, has boobs
    and other stuff
    Look out, here comes Wonder Wo-man

WHERE'S MY MAC AND CHEESE!!

sung by Liz Lemon

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Live action superhero shows are almost always awful.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, Wonder Woman is pretty terrible. She does not deserve to be part of the Big 3 of DC Comics. Oracle, or Lois Lane or Black Canary would be better.

I saw a post on Scans Daily complaining about the show, and they were like "Where's the regalness? Where's the quiet dignity?"

I honestly didn't know that those were parts of her character. She wears an American Flag swimsuit as her superhero costume.

Wonder Woman as a character is no more terrible than Batman, Superman, or any other major comic book character and your opinion is ridiculous and misinformed.

The truth is, however, that Wonder Woman has been used incredibly poorly over the years because people didn't know what to do with her. I say 'people', but I mean 'mouth-breathing simpletons' because really it's not. That. Hard. Every time she's been handed over to a good writer, her stories have been pretty fucking swell.

She's a powerful warrior princess from a culture of immortal female warriors based on Greek mythology. That should be a fucking goldmine of awesome stories. But stupid assholes ignore these aspects and focus on a bunch of stupid bullshit instead.

Really, Wonder Woma should be treated as DC's Thor. Villains based in mythology, as well as human villains who oppose her as an emmisary of peace from Themyscira and whatnot.

Wonder Woman has great potential, and she really shouldn't be hard to write well, but the industry is bullshit, so what can you do.

And yeah, her costume is retarded. It's always better when it's based more on Greek armour and such than the swimsuit deal, though I actually did like the way her swimsuit style suit was portrayed in the Wednesday Comics Wonder Woman story. Sort of like a wrestling outfit, striking and functional.

Spectre-x on