As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xenoblade Thread. Done...and Dusted.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Chen wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »
    If you're playing with Japanese audio a certain someone's identity is very obvious due to the voice actor.

It's very obvious in English as well.

Unless you happen to start with English and change to Japanese midway because of a certain pet like I did. Plot twist was sick brah!

I really hope you're not trying to insult the Heropon.

Riki angry!!!

• Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    If you're playing with Japanese audio a certain someone's identity is very obvious due to the voice actor.

Unless you happen to start with English and change to Japanese midway because of a certain pet like I did. Plot twist was sick brah!

Rrrrrrriki angry!!!

I think that's what you meant.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Huggles wrote: »
    Renzo wrote: »

Rrrrrrriki angry!!!

I think that's what you meant.

Sidekicks did well too.

• Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    I've never really been much of a side quest person to begin with. So if I lose a few, eh. I'll likely burn out on Xenoblade before I come anywhere close to completing all of the content.

• Options
    I doubt it. I really do.

• Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    Surely, Xenoblade will be waiting for me when I return from PAX East...nope. And it's not like I preordered at the last minute - I preordered in December of last year.

Leave it to Nintendo to make even Gamestop seem good.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Good god there is one annoying quest line in the marsh involving one of those pon creatures in the middle of nowhere. First he's starving. Then he wants me to kill the monsters trying to eat him. Then he wants medicine because his tummy hurts. And I'm just about freaking out here. I've taken shits bigger than this thing, just let me pick the fucker up and drop his ass the next time I'm passing the merchant camp!

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Riki gets waaaay too much hate. The little guy kicks ass and is obviously the real hero(pon) of the story.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Why would anyone hate Riki? He's probably the strongest character.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I think you'll find that's Dundun.

Edit:
    Good god there is one annoying quest line in the marsh involving one of those pon creatures in the middle of nowhere. First he's starving. Then he wants me to kill the monsters trying to eat him. Then he wants medicine because his tummy hurts. And I'm just about freaking out here. I've taken shits bigger than this thing, just let me pick the fucker up and drop his ass the next time I'm passing the merchant camp!

Mild spoilers about that guy:
    Just wait. Turns out he's part of an international drug smuggling ring.

I'm not even joking.

Huggles on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I like that: Dundun lol :P

But seriously, Riki has a pretty badass skillset. Happy Happy is abusable as fuck, Hero Time completely destroys the tension mechanic, he's got both physical and ether attacks, status effects up the wazoo, an aggro dump, a forced topple and aoe healing. People harsh on him because he's the comedic sidekick.

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    Don't forget the ludicrous per-tick damage if you end a chain attack with a critical DoT.

Numbers everywhere

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    9k dot ticks are kinda lol, I admit.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    So the Panther top on Sharla... thats... that's a thing, right there.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Yeah, damage just happens in end game chain fests so you don't often count where it comes from.

If you had MMO style dps tallies though some people would be amazed at what exactly riki can do.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I doubt it. I really do.

If that was in response to me...

I tend to burn out a bit after I finish main quests. For me, side quests don't give me the drive that the story does to keep pressing on. Some games are the exception to this. Skyrim had some pretty great side stories. Peace Walker's side missions were playable in co-op. SSX was just awesome.

Plus, Diablo 3 next month and all... plus a swelling backlog... I'll probably come back to it down the road. But once I beat the main story and a few side quests, there's a good chance I'll have to take a break before diving into the side content.

SkyTurnsRed on
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    So every armor piece ever on Sharla... thats... that's a thing, right there.

Fixed.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    I doubt it. I really do.

I tend to burn out a bit after I finish main quests. For me, side quests don't give me the drive that the story does to keep pressing on. Some games are the exception to this. Skyrim had some pretty great side stories. Peace Walker's side missions were playable in co-op. SSX was just awesome.

Plus, Diablo 3 next month and all... plus a swelling backlog... I'll probably come back to it down the road. But once I beat the main story and a few side quests, there's a good chance I'll have to take a break before diving into the side content.

Oh, yeah, that I can understand. I was doubting that you'd give up on the main story before finishing the game. Intense stuff, man.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I doubt it. I really do.

Oh, yeah, that I can understand. I was doubting that you'd give up on the main story before finishing the game. Intense stuff, man.

Oh noooooooooo. No, no, no. Every game is backlogged behind Xenoblade. Sole focus.

Edit: looking back, I can see how you would have thought that. Sorry for my ambiguous wording. :/

SkyTurnsRed on
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm kinda the same in that regard.
    In games like this, I love doing sidequests, exploring..all that good stuff. But only as long as the main story is still running..afterwards, it seems kinda pointless to do anything when The Big Evil is defeated and the day is won.
    Case in point: Skyward Sword. I did loads of sidequests, collected bugs etc, but after beating the final boss I never touched it again. Same with Xenoblade.

So yeah, do sidequests alongside the main story..try to find a good balance.

• Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    I don't dislike Riki. I dislike the Nopon English vernacular. Nopons should just do cute cries. Nothing more. Melly and Dundun? Piss off.

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    Me?

• Options
    I don't dislike Riki. I dislike the Nopon English vernacular. Nopons should just do cute cries. Nothing more. Melly and Dundun? Piss off.

But heropon is strong and manly!

• Options
    Just you wait for Black Liver Beans.

Just you wait.

• Options
    three hours.

I now have a trick for them though.

• Options
    Someone mentioned Sharla's outfits?

SharlaHeavy.png

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    That's awesome, which one is that?

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    That's awesome, which one is that?

Think that's Titan, I'd need to go load an old save to be sure.

Edit: Yeah, full Titan with Master Glasses.

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Light armor is best for almost everyone, which is sad because Heavy armor is so boss looking.

• Options
    I can't agree there, armour goes in phases.

Light is great early on because it has slots and agility, heavy is good when you get unadorned beauty, no armor is great for one character, and the best armor in the game is medium.

• Options
    captaink wrote: »
    Light armor is best for almost everyone, which is sad because Heavy armor is so boss looking.

Apparently if you weight skills/defensive stats, Lancelot armor works out the most efficient. And that's a medium set.

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    Oh really? I haven't quite beat the game yet. I was just basing it off of light generally having the most gem slots. I had a hard time finding any slotted Heavy gear, Medium was okay.

• Options
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    Someone mentioned Sharla's outfits?

SharlaHeavy.png

That's actually one of her least revealing ones!

Well, unless it's one of those outfits that has a "butt window", hard to tell from that screenshot.

• Options
    I found a picasa album of everyone in 2 different heavy armor sets. Dunban looks so weird.

• Options
    I have a complete save with every armor set, so if people want to see some characters sporting odd shit...

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    The Glory set looks awesome on Dunban with some leather boots. I can't find anything that doesn't look absolutely outrageous on Sharla on the other hand.

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    Reyn-Taurus-Unsheath.png

I used this one for a bit. That's Reyn under there.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Do weapons get shared across characters? I can't imagine anyone else using that goofy giant turtle blade.

Nope. Each character uses unique weapons.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    I used this one for a bit. That's Reyn under there.

Dayum. I was impressed just to find something with sleeves for that boy.

• Options
    Some more Sharla outfits:
    Collection.jpg

Capture.jpg~original
This discussion has been closed.