As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SPACE MARINE - In the grim darkness of the future, there are only BIG MEN

1585960616264»

• Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    Getting killed during an execution is supremely annoying.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Darkewolfe wrote:
    Wait, you have a bolter? I've just been Blood Clawing it through everything.

Shoore, you've got a Bolt Pistol, a Bolter, a Remote Detonated Grenade Laucher (reload buttan for boom), and a thingy Bolter that has a scope and pops heads.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Played through on Normal: Good stuff.

Started over on Hard: like Ninja Gaiden on hard, but you can't block. Probably because blocking is for cowards.

[e] Ok, not that bad. Just had to completely change how I fight. It is a whole different thing.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I'll make a new thread shortly and [GAME ON] it when the game is released. I'll do it in a bit and get all the info together and news about the incoming demo.

edit: I'll PM a mod first and make sure it's cool and get right on it.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Hm. Now that I'm getting an upgraded PC, I'm considering switching my platform from 360 for this one. PC version seems sweet from the demo, by all impressions?

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Catalase wrote:
    Hm. Now that I'm getting an upgraded PC, I'm considering switching my platform from 360 for this one. PC version seems sweet from the demo, by all impressions?

It also runs daaamn well. I'm running it on High on just my laptop and getting a pretty smooth/decent framerate.
    Relic put a lot of effort into the PC version for sure, and it is very appreciated.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Yeah, it runs exceptionally well on my PC I am really happy with it in the demo.

Also if you preorder it on Steam right now you get a free copy of Darksiders. Which is an awesome game if you haven't played it.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Yeah, it runs exceptionally well on my PC I am really happy with it in the demo.

Also if you preorder it on Steam right now you get a free copy of Darksiders. Which is an awesome game if you haven't played it.

If you get it at THQ you get darksiders, AND a powersword unlock for MP. Which is way better than the blood ravens. Do your part, don't support the blood ravens existence.

Would you like to know more?

• Options
    NEW THREAD!

Its all there and can be updated.

• Options
    Oh my god the power axe.

Why can't I play with it longer? I was just getting warmed up, taking a few practice swings, and then the Nobz were dead. Just a little more blood, and few more skulls for the sku... uh -

Emperor?

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Is there a particularly compelling reason not to get this for the 360?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    It probably runs fine on 360, it uses a variation of the Darksiders engine.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote:

Much higher res + graphics options on the PC?

Just got done playing the first level of the demo. Should've rebound the controls (can't do it from ingame and there aren't any default controls for a 5 button mouse, so I had to press E and F like a heathen) but I guess that was kind of fun. I'm not really an action game kind of person and maybe I don't understand the combos or something but the visceral appeal of destroying orks is lessened when it's the same 3 execution animations over and over.

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Darkewolfe wrote:

Not especially, no. It might run better, if the demo is any indication, but it might be negligible. The PC wont have mods because Relic never really supports, and the multiplayer is the same.

EDIT: Beaten.

OpposingFarce on
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote:

Much higher res + graphics options on the PC?

Just got done playing the first level of the demo. Should've rebound the controls (can't do it from ingame and there aren't any default controls for a 5 button mouse, so I had to press E and F like a heathen) but I guess that was kind of fun. I'm not really an action game kind of person and maybe I don't understand the combos or something but the visceral appeal of destroying orks is lessened when it's the same 3 execution animations over and over.

You can rebind the controls on the PC, they just don't stick so if you close the demo it resets to defaults.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    Eh, that's probably just a demo thing. I can't imagine they wouldn't stay in the full version.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    I meant you can't rebind the controls while in the level playing the game (at least I think you can't). I could have quit and gone back to the main menu but, well, I decided to try the defaults to see if they were any good.

• Options
    SoggybiscuitSoggybiscuit Tandem Electrostatic Accelerator Registered User regular
    I must have this game. The Power Axe, Holy Fuck.

Steam - Synthetic Violence | XBOX Live - Cannonfuse | PSN - CastleBravo | Twitch - SoggybiscuitPA
  • Options
    fructofuranosefructofuranose Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    It's either the continuing shock of 40k games done right by Relic clashing with my low expectations... or this game looks really baller. Can't tell yet.

fructofuranose on
    GT: fructofuranose | Steam: fructose-1,6-bisphosphate | LoL: terrapin station
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Are you two talking of kill team or space marine?

• Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    I meant you can't rebind the controls while in the level playing the game (at least I think you can't). I could have quit and gone back to the main menu but, well, I decided to try the defaults to see if they were any good.

Oh right, no you definitely can't rebind from within a level. That is a pain if you forget that you have to rebind every time you start the demo.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote:

Not especially, no. It might run better, if the demo is any indication, but it might be negligible. The PC wont have mods because Relic never really supports, and the multiplayer is the same.

EDIT: Beaten.

But the PC already has mods.

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I mean, like, real mods. That texture stuff is nice though.

Relic never really supports mods though. The community gets around it, but its a struggle. It could happen, but it could be a wait.

OpposingFarce on
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    After busting through a certain mission that begs for 4 suits of Terminator armor (even if just for nostalgia) in Chaos Rising I really, really want to play Space Marine retail badly.

The demo will just not do.

FOR THE EMPERARARAH.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Don't like the default kbm binds, but I was too lazy to change them.

That said I still had fun although it took me awhile to realize I should be stunning things left and right even if I'm not planning on using an execute.

My one gripe would be that the melee attacks always go in the direction you were moving, I'd prefer if it was aimed with the mouse.

• Options
    Yeah, the aiming takes some practice.

Note on stuns: I don't think stuns generate Fury. So you have to balance stunning for execution/breathing room against your pious and completely non-heretical blood lust.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    I have no idea if Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine is any good. It’s impossible for me to tell. All I know, all I really know, is that I must buy and buy immediately. In The Grim Darkness Of The Future, there is only brand loyalty.

I wish that weren’t enough; I wish that I were stronger on every axis. That I could be strong for you, be useful! But no. All I want to do is grind right through an orc with a sword that is also a chainsaw. Relic couldn’t be better suited to it: they’ve been making this game for years and years, just from a different perspective, with the camera situated way up in the sky looking down on everybody. The meticulous, almost living animations that have defined the series drop with all their heft and confidence. The sawing is as good as one might hope, if not better, but…

The environments in the demo feel lifted from an RTS sometimes, though - don’t they? Don’t they lack the lived-in cranny, don’t they have scale without granularity? Aren’t there a no i’ve got to fight it i’ve got to fight it

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I actually gave in and downloaded the demo. I enjoyed both sections although I did find it hard to maneuver with the jump pack. I deleted the demo though, because this is the kind of game I could see myself getting tired of playing/ It's just hack and slash. And so far, the shooting part didn't seem very impressive. It took more than one clip to kill one ork. That made shooting at distance tough. Maybe I'm doing it wrong and with a little more exposure, I'd get better at it.

I'm still buying it. It's already bought. Just... I wish the rocket propelled grenade bullets in the bolt pistol felt like rocket propelled grenade bullets. That's okay because the chainsword portion more than made up for the shooting.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    This is the old thread. There is a new thread. Exterminatus to the old thread.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    McBroseph9000McBroseph9000 Registered User new member
    edited February 2014
    Zzulu wrote: »
    Kadoken wrote: »
    So, are Gork and Mork, the ork gods, as real as say, the Chaos gods?

It is said that they bully the chaos gods in the warp every now and then when they get bored, when they're not busy fighting eachother

So... never?

Anyway, you know who needs more love in the 40k computer game universe?
    sisters-barge.jpg
    Hot burning love. :winky: For the Emperor of course.

While the Nuns with guns DO need love, i think these guys need a BIT more love:

Squats_vs._Chaos_Squats.jpg
    Yup. the Good Ol' Squats. Gotta love the Spehs Dorfs. I just hope Games Workshop doesnt fi

McBroseph9000 on
This discussion has been closed.